WSC Megathread III ~ Hiatus

Well... The afro is big on porpose, to make him look ridiculous... And think of the spikes as buttons of some sort. That's what I think, at least.

WELP, I guess the WSC Spritit died down a bit, so uhm....

WEEK CLOSED

Week 15
Be Thankful for the Theme

Create a Turkey using a variety of pokemon pieces and colors. Wether it be a living Turkey, or a delicious meal on a silver plater, is up to you. Anything goes, and this contest will end on Sunday the 27th at Noon. Good luck spriters, and see ya' next week.

I know that this is probably not the place to ask, but do anyone know where did the spriting thread go? it's not even locked... It's like it completely disapeared.

Alright guys, looks like we're movin' on to Review Week. :/
No entires?

~REVIEW WEEK~
This week I want you guys to tell me what we should change about WSC, what you want to see more of, what you want to see less of, etc, etc.

Heya guys, finally back from Cambridge, how's stu-

What happened here

Anyway Toast, the next time it's Thanksgiving, a more easy and flexible theme would be:
"Make a sprite of a roasted Pokemon. Brownie points for being served on a plate with salad."

Oh, and your Review week description doesn't make it clear this time. Can we suggest themes?

Heya guys, finally back from Cambridge, how's stu-

What happened here

Anyway Toast, the next time it's Thanksgiving, a more easy and flexible theme would be:
"Make a sprite of a roasted Pokemon. Brownie points for being served on a plate with salad."

Oh, and your Review week description doesn't make it clear this time. Can we suggest themes?
sure

also I really don't think a Turkey was all that complicated...

well, it isn't complicated, but it doesn't really leave room for creativity if we're required to make a turkey lol you can't do much else with it unless you give it lasers or something

well in that case

I've got two ideas, see if they fit your fancy.

1. Toys for Christmas~
- Grab a Pokemon, and make it look like a toy!
- e.g. substitute wheels for feet, apply shine, make sharp edges rounder, make it completely metallic, make it a wind-up toy, depict a child playing with it etc.
- No using Pokemon from the Mineral egg group (because they all look like toys already.)

2. Christmas Vacation!
- Grab a Pokemon, make it look like the tourist of a country!
- e.g. Emboar in Alaskan fur coat, Gardevoir in a kimono drinking Matcha, Golurk with an American flag and a rugby ball, Dunsparce dressed up for k-pop etc.

Alrighty guys, I'll have the results from the previous weeks up in a while, but as of now, Review Week closed!

Week 17
~Toys for Trainers~
Transform a Pokemon, or multiple Pokemon, into a wonderful Christmas Gift! Trains, Stuffed Animals, Action Figures, Dolls, Video Games, Candy, Coal, Bikes, Skateboards, Scooters, Pogo Sticks, Sports Equipment, Gift Cards, Clothes, etc. All that good stuff.

You will get 2 bonus points towards your final score if you incorporate Green, Red, and White into a good portion of the Sprite.​

Right, I added the rings on it's head, which looks completely seamless and natural (I hope), and also those little red things on its wings, to make it looks like their attached to his body (unnaturally, like glued). I think it looks a lot better now. Opinions?

@Todris - Your idea is good, but it's a bit simple. Perhaps add some different / additional coloring or details? Also, the wind-up-piece isn't exactly lined up with the body, so maybe move the loop-segment on our right a litle lower.

@ICC - That looks really nice so far Elcheeso.

If this line is gonna' be more like mini-Action figures, then you're doing great.

If they're gonna' end up being like plushies or something, then may I suggest changing the eyes to something a little more beady to make it looks more like a stuffed animal?

~

You guys are doin' good so far, keep it up! Expect to see a nice little submission from me soon, hehehe

Todris
Not so much as rings than a big number 8.
Not bad with the red thingamajigs, but it's got pretty dark outlining in comparison to the rest of the body.
Why not recolor the remaining outline, and the colors as well? Right now ToySwablumon still has very realistic coloring.
Remember, what makes a toy, well, a toy is when it's bright and shiny.

Good luck!

^Toast^
mini-action figures it is! My favorite kind of toy.
I'll keep the beady tip in mind next time I make a plushie though. (I was almost going to make a big Cubchoo plushie for this week.)
And I'm pretty sure you always have a good submission up your sleeves, can't wait o('v'o)

Wait when did I become elcheeso?
Anyway I'm now working on mini-Blastoise. :)

I didn't quite get you, ICC... Do you mean I should make the wind-up thing mor like an 8? Or the other way around? and about the colors, should i make a higher contrast?

I apologise. My english sucks.
More like an 8. Like in the picture I gave.
Don't mind the sharp/bright thing.
Add black to the clouds' outline.
Apply a bit of shine (white) to the forehead.
Oh and make the windup piece yellow, so it's more colorful.

EDIT: Meanwhile, here's our shellfish fella.

As you can see, I'm struggling with Charry's tail flame and Blasty's other cannon.
Besides that, any ideas how to make then more toy-like?
I've tried adding that round base thing but it looks pretty bad.

@Ziposaki down there: Hmm ok. The effect's a bit difficult to achieve but I'll figure it out, thanks!
Nice Coal though :D Can't wait for the real submission!

@ICC: Try making them more shiny and plastic-like.

And the lazy gift:

You got a lump of coal! (It was in the suggestions, kay?) Well in all actuality, I'll probably have a WIP of up my real entry soon. The coal's my backup plan. :P

Here's the WIP I was talking about:

Because who doesn't want a GameBronzor Advance (yes, that's its official name as decreed by me)? Its not done quite yet, but I think it's getting there. Thoughts?

Mommy I want a GameBronzor Advance for Christmas!
It looks great. Though the face kinda looks like it's looking off to the side while the rest is facing forward. Probably because of the nose. You could make the "body" at an angle or make the nose look like its facing forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)