Salamence (Full Revamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Absolutely not on Aqua Tail.

Why you ask?

First off, I wouldn't call Rhyperior common. The only Rhyperior I see in OU are Rock Polish variants (372 HP / 296 Def), who are 2HKO'd by +1 Earthquake (even with Solid Rock). Furthermore, they are OHKO'd on average by a +1 LO Outrage and almost always with Stealth Rock. Now, even in the situation of a highly defensive Rhyperior (434 HP / 394 Def) Aqua Tail doesn't even OHKO on average.

Basically, Rhyperior is no where near common enough to give up Earthquake to even consider it for a slash. It can fit fine it Set Comments.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
*Cough*. I resent this statement... slightly. But I have to agree here: Aqua Tail is really only useful on something like the Choice Band set when locking into Outrage seems to be a bad idea. Though the SubPerior set, recalling off the top of my head, isn't always 2HKOed by Earthquake from Salamence.

If one elects to use Stone Edge, a 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe spread with Adamant or Jolly nature will suffice.
Should be 252 attack evs.

Just wondering two things about the Salamence analysis:

Why isn't Dragon Claw a fourth option on the first set next to Stone Edge and Fire Blast? With mag support, Dragon + Ground is still fantastic coverage. Dragon Claw will allow mence to take out frail shit before you have to Outrage. Usually I lure out Outrages on purpose by throwing out something that can't be hit with Ground Moves that mence has to lock himself into. Outrage can serve as the "nuke" to manhandle physical walls.

Also, why isn't the second version of mixmence listed somewhere? We've mentioned it countless times. I still see people using the Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Brick Break, Roost varient, and thats fine. But at least give the other version its own set:

Draco Meteor, Outrage, Earthquake, Flamethrower.

Uh the OP hasn't been updated since November 16th. How can you expect stuff to be there? Just relax. It'll get done.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
IMO OU's too big and things that are OU can still be rarely seen. Not to mention that OU doesn't change until January, but whatever. +1 LO Outrage gets it anyway.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This hasn't been updated in months. After the new year, would anyone (mainly dir. at Great Sage) mind if I basically restarted? The base is solid but the comments have a lot of hyping, that's the only thing I can see wrong with it now...

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Ugh, for some reason I can't bring myself to finish this. Caelum's taking over this, he'll start a new thread soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)