np: UU - Six Deadly Suspects

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here are the current UU voting qualifiers, as of 11:30pm PDT on March 26th.

Code:
+-------------------+-----------+----------+
| Name              | UU Rating | UU Dev   |
| AEROGP            | 1,603.87  |   36.80  |
| BOOGIEFINGERS     | 1,699.13  |   43.90  |
| CHLOROFORM        | 1,603.38  |   44.38  |
| ERAZOR            | 1,695.32  |   35.94  |
| FLAMEWHEELER      | 1,569.93  |   43.10  |
| GGGERBIL          | 1,846.91  |   44.39  |
| HAUNTER           | 1,778.04  |   43.43  |
| HEYSUP            | 1,701.44  |   41.15  |
| KAHUNAWAVE        | 1,643.37  |   41.89  |
| KINGKOOPA12       | 1,623.66  |   27.42  |
| LANCE MCGRATH     | 1,580.19  |   37.15  |
| LAW-KUN           | 1,580.74  |   41.40  |
| LEADERBOARDER.    | 1,637.12  |   37.55  |
| LONELYNESS        | 1,633.21  |   39.04  |
| MAPLESANDWICH     | 1,626.04  |   40.65  |
| MEOWTHPWNZYOUNOOB | 1,716.86  |   33.02  |
| METRIC            | 1,707.32  |   38.56  |
| MM87              | 1,575.11  |   41.31  |
| NEVER COOK BADLY  | 1,586.88  |   32.15  |
| NIL QUAS          | 1,630.11  |   33.34  |
| ORPHYN            | 1,635.05  |   39.49  |
| PANAMAXIS         | 1,845.58  |   44.17  |
| REACHZERO         | 1,717.89  |   39.74  |
| TEST_TEAMAGE      | 1,643.84  |   33.59  |
| THUND             | 1,689.76  |   34.87  |
| WHISTLE           | 1,648.53  |   39.80  |
| WHISTLE-TEST      | 1,602.20  |   42.68  |
| WJC               | 1,632.59  |   29.89  |
| ZILT0             | 1,619.20  |   29.60  |
29 rows
New ratings will come out in 2 hours actually, but I'll probably be asleep. This should give you an idea of where you stand at the moment.

Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask, but I have a question about the voting (or, well, about any voting process that's determined by shoddy ranking, if they're the same as this one). If someone has multiple shoddy nicks that qualify, that person is still only allowed a single vote, correct?

Yes, it is only a single vote.

There will also be paragraph submissions required if you meet the rating. But no hidden requirement.

I find it interesting that EUM, way ahead in front rating-wise, has yet to meet the deviation requirement. I guess using the same team over and over does have a significant adverse effect on this statistic. I'm kinda glad I started using a fresh team recently.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was kind of also wondering when the test actually ends, since it's not in the OP. Even though I won't be voting (I wasn't around when the suspects were actually UU), I am eager to get to the next round of testing and I was trying to get a team ready for the new metagame =\

I've been using this lead to some great results:

Girafarig@Focus Sash
Timid
Inner Focus
252 SPE/252 SpA/4 ATK
-Magic Coat
-Agility
-Baton Pass
-Psychic/T-Wave

This is a very good lead, because it almost always ensures something good happening. Against sleep leads, use Magic Coat, Agility as the switch out their sleeping pokemon, then pass the boost. Against Ambipom, the reason for me making this set, they always FO, and I agility, then outspeed them next turn and BP the speed away. Only when I've played the opponet more than once will they taunt, and I don't even know if that's a standard move. Other leads I usually just agility and pass, because I still have my sash to back me up. I lose to Nidoqueen, or anyone else that SR's, but all they have are rocks up, and I have a +2 Speed sweeper ready to make some havoc.

How do you lose to Nidoqueen if you have psychic?

And I hope I make requirement again soon. See, once upon a time, i had 45 deviation. But for some reason it shot up to 50 again =/

Why isn't Shaymin a suspect we definitely need to test this thing. Also how long do I have to meet requirements.
We don't nominate new suspects till after the results of these are in. Also, RB Golbat siad something about a playing period in between the vote and new nominations.

Heh...compared to the rest of the voters, I look pretty shock poor. In any case, based on the previous rejection of my argument the first time 'round the paragraph should be a snap. I suggest looking at accepted nominations to help build arguments for paragraphs.

I don't know about you guys, but for me the most exciting change next month will not be which of the suspects stay or get banned from UU, but which Pokemon will be moving in and out of UU by default (new OU list!). There's lots of potential for big and exciting changes given that a) OU usages are fluctuating rapidly thanks to all the suspect testing, and b) nothing of this kind has ever happened to a continuously evolving metagame before, the initial UU revamp notwithstanding.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
And I hope I make requirement again soon. See, once upon a time, i had 45 deviation. But for some reason it shot up to 50 again =/
Yeah, the exact same thing happened to me over this week. Deviation increases whenever you don't play. Looking at that list, there are a handful of people who are close to being pushed over 45, so just a word of warning: make sure you have a cushion of a few points as the deadline approaches.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was kind of also wondering when the test actually ends, since it's not in the OP. Even though I won't be voting (I wasn't around when the suspects were actually UU), I am eager to get to the next round of testing and I was trying to get a team ready for the new metagame =\
March 31st (probably just make it April 1st tbh) since it's 30 days after the ladder being active.

For everyone worried about their rating, fyi. If you are quite close to the required parameters and you make an intelligent justification for yourself, have made positive contributions to this thread, and / or it's clear you are active and intelligent enough to have a valid opinion; we are more than likely going to let you slide in.

Edit: Also, You have to approach us for that "special permission" we aren't going to dig around looking for you.

Also, it has come to our attention that when you are very good at winning and you get a high rating, your devation takes forever to fall. As such, we have changed the rating from 1550/45 to 1600/55.

I'd like to say with Crobat gone, Ambipom is running amuck.
There is no 100% counter because of U-turn and with a Fake out like this it is almost impossible to stop unless you plan on going stall.
Lets face it, the lack of no good spiker hurts. It has a simliar trait with Scizor but unlike it, Rotom and Spiritomb are the only ones to even try to be able to kill it.

This is the lead I've been using and frankly, I'm surprised that I seem to be the only one who's thought of it:
Uxie @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP/192 Def/66 Spe
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Yawn/Thunderwave/Light Screen/Reflect

It works so much better than trick mespirit leads since it's both bulkier and faster. The 66 speed ev's let it outspeed jolly ambipom ensuring that you don't get taunted before you can trick.

The last slot is filler, yawn lets you force another switch after the trick so you can use u-turn to gain advantage, thunderwave or screens are good for general team support.

This is the lead I've been using and frankly, I'm surprised that I seem to be the only one who's thought of it:
Uxie @ Choice Scarf
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

It works so much better than trick mespirit leads since it's both bulkier and faster. The 66 speed ev's let it outspeed jolly ambipom ensuring that you don't get taunted before you can trick.

The last slot is filler, yawn lets you force another switch after the trick so you can use u-turn to gain advantage, thunderwave or screens are good for general team support.
The idea with Mesprit being that it can revenge kill more effectively with a much higher special attack and better offensive movepool. I don't think there's ever been any dispute that Uxie does the bulky Tricker role better.

I'm really glad to see the required deviation being changed. I've been sitting at around 1850/50 for quite a while now, and a regular amount of playing was not dropping the deviation at all. Even some mass battling with a faster-paced team today wasn't really changing it much (though I did manage to lose quite a few spots on the leaderboard!).

On a couple other notes:

Ambipom is a very good pokemon, but considering he does nothing to plenty of pokemon I don't see why it's a big problem. It can literally do nothing to get past Steelix, Registeel, and friends. If Taunt is the issue, just attack it's frail monkey ass. It can't even take 2 STAB hits from most defensive pokemon.

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

I'm not sure what you're talking about, as quite a few people use this lead. In fact, that was the lead for my stall team for the first month of the new UU process. I'm not sure why you wouldn't run enough speed to beat Sceptile and Swellow too, though.

I'd like to say with Crobat gone, Ambipom is running amuck.
There is no 100% counter because of U-turn and with a Fake out like this it is almost impossible to stop unless you plan on going stall.
Lets face it, the lack of no good spiker hurts. It has a simliar trait with Scizor but unlike it, Rotom and Spiritomb are the only ones to even try to be able to kill it.
I usually switch to a Rock or Steel type to take the inevitable Fake Out. Then, Ambipom will likely not have the balls to stay in Taunt and risk losing ~40% from a physical STAB move (Reigsteel Iron Head / Regirock Rock Slide). Most Ambipom that I've seen don't have Brick Break and even then, Ambipom takes a heftier beating from the Rock or Steel.

I'm hesitant to switch my Rotom into Ambipom unless I am damn sure that it doesn't carry Payback / Pursuit. Unlike Rocks and Steels, one hit is all it takes to kill the frail Rotom.

The fast U-turn is annoying and great for scouting. It's one of Ambipom's main selling points.

Omastar and Roserade set up Spikes quite nicely. I use a SubSeed Roserade with Spikes, and it's been doing wonders for me. Omastar switches in pretty easily to the likes of Swellow and most bulky waters, so it sets up Spikes well too.

Arctic, Trick Scarf Uxie is very common. The Feb stats say that like ~13% of Uxie carry Scarf. It has screwed over my leads before...

I'm guessing that people who focused on the old 1550/45 are frantically going to ladder now. It's very abrupt to change the voting requirements 3 days before the deadline, but c'est la vie.

Seriously? I've never seen another one and everyone seemed completely caught off guard by it.

I feel dumb now.

Still 13% seems low for what a good lead it is.

I usually switch to a Rock or Steel type to take the inevitable Fake Out. Then, Ambipom will likely not have the balls to stay in Taunt and risk losing ~40% from a physical STAB move (Reigsteel Iron Head / Regirock Rock Slide). Most Ambipom that I've seen don't have Brick Break and even then, Ambipom takes a heftier beating from the Rock or Steel.

I'm hesitant to switch my Rotom into Ambipom unless I am damn sure that it doesn't carry Payback / Pursuit. Unlike Rocks and Steels, one hit is all it takes to kill the frail Rotom.

The fast U-turn is annoying and great for scouting. It's one of Ambipom's main selling points.

Omastar and Roserade set up Spikes quite nicely. I use a SubSeed Roserade with Spikes, and it's been doing wonders for me. Omastar switches in pretty easily to the likes of Swellow and most bulky waters, so it sets up Spikes well too.
Roserade is fragile. A silk scarf payback does 38.16% - 45.39% to max/max Rotom. What you don't seem to get is not that the scouting of U-turn is good, it is what makes it almost untouchable.

I am in the same position. I wasn't able to play when UU was first merged with BL, and as such I can't be able to say if any of the suspects are UU or BL material. If I do try to vote, it would be pure theorymon. Nor do I feel strongly about any of the possible new suspects (Shaymin mainly) to nominate them for BL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)