El rincon artistico de Caladbolg~

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Hi everybody. I'm starting to make sketchs for Create-a-Pokemon Art Competition.
This time, the theme is "Stop the secondary" and it seems to be Dark/Ground type [The poll is not over yet].

So, here I have two proyects.
The first one is incomplete.
It's a Quicksand [Dark/Ground]

And the second one, my favorite, is an Armadillo. A desert animal that only comes out at night to strike others pokemons.

Tell me what do you think about this capmons, please.

They are very nice. I have no real nitpicks as into actual drawing ability. You are still as good as ever. :)

However, I feel that since Dark was the main typing it should be showcased more on the pokemon. Both of them look like just Ground types.

How did I not see this thread sooner? Your art is amazing!

Anyway, I prefer your second CAP entry. But, as Raikizen said, I think you should add in more Dark type. Currently, it looks too innocent to be a Dark type, even with the spiky ball growing out of the tail.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
They are very nice. I have no real nitpicks as into actual drawing ability. You are still as good as ever. :)

However, I feel that since Dark was the main typing it should be showcased more on the pokemon. Both of them look like just Ground types.
Thanks! I understand you. The Dark-type is not explicit. It's implicit in the concept. Quicksands kills people, so It's bad, and If is bad, it's dark xD.
And armadillos are desertic animals that go out only at night, to avoid hight tempetures.

How did I not see this thread sooner? Your art is amazing!

Anyway, I prefer your second CAP entry. But, as Raikizen said, I think you should add in more Dark type. Currently, it looks too innocent to be a Dark type, even with the spiky ball growing out of the tail.
Yeah. Those eyes are too cute! But... there others cute Dark pokemons, like Sneasel, Poochyena, Absol, Stunky. I know that everyone is expecting a "Black Badass creature with fangs and claws", but this time I want to do a cute one. Maybe I have to change some color...

I hope I will get more ideas. Thanks for the comments.

Buffalo_Wings

Abnormally Cruel
is an Artist Alumnus
All of your art is awsome man, I love it all. Your fakemon look like offical art dude. =) I could easily see them in a real pokemon game.
Great CAP 9 concepts too, I especially like the second one.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Thanks Buffalo!

I have another fakemon, more Dark and less Ground. It's called Twiloquist

Painted by Kopie.

Dude, you are a total GENIUS (as far as that epithet can be linked to Pokemon, j/k). If it's not much to ask, could you maybe make a sprite for one of my fakemons? They're on TeamUber's UCP project, I've got two fully built and around 30 concepts. You might like to take a look at those.
I'd post a link, but last time I did that, I got banned for a month XD. It's the "All my Ideas" thread, and the finished pokemon are Cuiraken and Anahkor.
I see some of our ideas are similar. I prefer your Houndoom evo idea (Houndberus'd look too weird), but I prefer Kungfetch'd to Duckatana.

PS: Kudos to your girlfriend for loving you in spite (or maybe cause?) of your love of Pokemon
EDIT: Para tambien eri chileno!! Chile pal mundial!!

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
You are one of the best artists I've seen. There are a lot of arists in Smogon, but you are (one of) the best.
I feel honored. Thanks

Dude, you are a total GENIUS (as far as that epithet can be linked to Pokemon, j/k). If it's not much to ask, could you maybe make a sprite for one of my fakemons? They're on TeamUber's UCP project, I've got two fully built and around 30 concepts. You might like to take a look at those.
I'd post a link, but last time I did that, I got banned for a month XD. It's the "All my Ideas" thread, and the finished pokemon are Cuiraken and Anahkor.
I see some of our ideas are similar. I prefer your Houndoom evo idea (Houndberus'd look too weird), but I prefer Kungfetch'd to Duckatana.

PS: Kudos to your girlfriend for loving you in spite (or maybe cause?) of your love of Pokemon
EDIT: Para tambien eri chileno!! Chile pal mundial!!
XD
Vamos que se puede! Chileno tambien? De donde?

I don't make sprites I only do artwork & fakemons, sorry. A Smogon member asked me if they could use one of my fakemons to use it in Team Uber "Cap".

Soy de Santiago y tu?

Back to English, I saw that, and you also have my vote for TU. Still, could I post some of your pictures? Thing is, I've got a thread with all my fakemon ideas, and some of them (like Farfetch'd and Houndoom evo) kinda match. If not, that's fine. But do you do artwork? There's a pretty good supply of fakemons on the All My Ideas thread (by me) in the UCP project. Take a look if you please

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Soy de Santiago y tu?

Back to English, I saw that, and you also have my vote for TU. Still, could I post some of your pictures? Thing is, I've got a thread with all my fakemon ideas, and some of them (like Farfetch'd and Houndoom evo) kinda match. If not, that's fine. But do you do artwork? There's a pretty good supply of fakemons on the All My Ideas thread (by me) in the UCP project. Take a look if you please
Concepcion

I was looking your thread in TU, an feel free to use Houndoom, but YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDIT.
Put a link to my deviantart page theblueflames.deviantart.com

I could try to say something in spanish, but i'm in spanish 1, and so far we've only learned things like what's your name(Cual es tu nombre/Como te llamas)and what are you like(Como eres tu) [which seem stalkerish over the internet], personality traits(you happen to be muy artistico), and conjugation of verbs (which only help if i actually have something to say).

Yeah. I'm weird.:nerd: I also know family member/position (i don't know who you are in your family otherwise i would say so here, but i can' t ask, otherwise it'd be stalkerish...)and the usual counting, but up to one hundred(cien):toast:. Tyrani-PWNED!!!

EDIT:\/ Nik you aren't the only noob here...I just learned what IMO means(In My Opinion if you didn't know)

I think you mentioned somewhere on this thread that you use Photoshop. What version do you use?

You also mentioned that you edit your scanned lineart using vectors. Not to sound noobish or anything, but what are vectors? I've heard of vector graphics; are they the same thing?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I think you mentioned somewhere on this thread that you use Photoshop. What version do you use?

You also mentioned that you edit your scanned lineart using vectors. Not to sound noobish or anything, but what are vectors? I've heard of vector graphics; are they the same thing?
The boundaries of vector graphics are determined by a line with a given slope equation to them. Imagine drawing two dots on a circle, at the 12 o'clock and 9 o'clock position. A straight line would be a diagonal. There is exactly one point at which a line will curve from A to that point to B and still follow the edge of the boundary: the equation for the curved line between A and B.

For a better explanation, see Wikipedia.

I keep forgetting to say this, but the first, third, and fifth sprites won't show up on my computer. #1 and #3 say "this photo has been moved or deleted", and #5 says "bandwidth exceeded"

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
I keep forgetting to say this, but the first, third, and fifth sprites won't show up on my computer. #1 and #3 say "this photo has been moved or deleted", and #5 says "bandwidth exceeded"
Oh yeah,.. I don't know what happened. Those sprites were made by Wyverii. Maybe she deleted it.

I work with Portable Photoshop... and Lorak already explain what vectors are. Thanks you, Lorak.

I'm have a lot of work right now... but soon you'll see my art in The Smog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)