SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

And again with the dearth of flying zones...
There's 8 flying spots spread seemingly reasonably around the Tundra, the only real dead zones are the middle left between Regirock & Registeel's temple and without seeing the level geometry we don't know how rough it actually is to traverse to the mid zones

Any guesses on whether Calyrex and the horse legends can G-max after fusing or if they get anti-dynamax moves like the base game legends? I'm guessing the latter since potential 680-720 BST legends that get exclusive G-max benefits goes overboard in my opinion.

This seems interesting. My first thought was these were just the gym leaders & other important characters for the Stars Tournament, but that seems to be taken care of in this tweet:

seems to just be the normal tournament folks down to the random type-themed normies. Big missed opportunity to not have Klara, Avery & Opal here. Still, wonder what those "Dream Matches" might be?

Any guesses on whether Calyrex and the horse legends can G-max after fusing or if they get anti-dynamax moves like the base game legends? I'm guessing the latter since potential 680-720 BST legends that get exclusive G-max benefits goes overboard in my opinion.
I'm definitely thinking no g-max, the fusion will be their big shtick. Anti-dynamax move also seems plausible

how does Poltergeist and Corrosive gas react with the oponents Berries?

Interesting if Powder should react to Scorching sand or Beak Blast in future? taking their heat?
I'd also like to know about Poltergeist vs. the Kasib and Jaboca Berries. My guess for the Kasib scenario is, if Poltergeist connects, the Kasib will be consumed, and then Poltergeist will fail at that point. But I have no idea if Jaboca would damage the Poltergeister or what.

Concerning Corrosive Gas, I can't think of any berry, or any other item, that activates upon being removed by a non-attacking move. I think this Gas will just remove the item.

A buff like that to Powder could be fun, if it ever comes back in gen 9. Hopefully Scald would blow up for the same reason then. Also hopefully Scald stops being a TM/TR at that point, and the size of its learnset becomes comparable to Lava Plume and Scorching Sands.

I can't wait for the next dlc the tapus are ducking crazy and need to go back to their former glory if shit like indeede and pinchurchin got the tutor moves there is no way we dont get rising voltage koko, expanding force lele and grass y glide bulu. Bulu with a CB set between grassy glide CC Play rough and power whip gg but my favorito one will be lele.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Expanding Force (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 129-151 (42.8 - 50.1%) -- 1

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Expanding Force (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Scizor-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 201-237 (58.6 - 69%)

Three things I thought of regarding any legendary being eligible for ranked/tournaments.
  • Hidden abilities are now available, meaning Unnerve Mewtwo, Multiscale Lugia, Regenerator Ho-oh, and Telepathy Sinnoh Trio are now options.

• Will non-TM/TR moves that were event moves become level-up moves? Examples include Extreme speed Johto beasts, Sheer Cold Suicune, Meteor Mash Deoxys-A, Eruption Heatran, and V-Create Victini. There are some more whack moves like Roar of Time/Spacial Rend Darkrai, Roar of Time/Spacial Rend/Shadow Force/Frenzy Plant/Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon Arceus, Fusion Bolt/Fusion Flare/Bolt Strike/Blue Fire/Glaciate Victini, and Extreme Speed/Shift Gear Genescect. Deoxy not getting Dark Pulse and Mewtwo nor getting Electro Ball are the only examples I can think of that don't get event moves as TMs/TRs in the datamine and in-game.

• If the legendary dens are repeatable, and if they are, will they include hidden abilities? If so, Heatran will be able to have Flame body for the first time legally.
Edit: Forgot about Burn up Ho-oh and Skill Swap Lugia. The only way to get them is the Ultra Wormhole in US(Ho-oh)/UM(Lugia) and the 2018 event in Sun(Lugia) and Moon(Ho-oh).

Last edited:
Reactions: R_N
Three things I thought of regarding any legendary being eligible for ranked/tournaments.
  • Hidden abilities are now available, meaning Unnerve Mewtwo, Multiscale Lugia, Regenerator Ho-oh, and Telepathy Sinnoh Trio are now options.

• Will non-TM/TR moves that were event moves become level-up moves? Examples include Extreme speed Johto beasts, Sheer Cold Suicune, Meteor Mash Deoxys-A, Eruption Heatran, and V-Create Victini. There are some more whack moves like Roar of Time/Spacial Rend Darkrai, Roar of Time/Spacial Rend/Shadow Force/Frenzy Plant/Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon Arceus, Fusion Bolt/Fusion Flare/Bolt Strike/Blue Fire/Glaciate Victini, and Extreme Speed/Shift Gear Genescect. Deoxy not getting Dark Pulse and Mewtwo nor getting Electro Ball are the only examples I can think of that don't get event moves as TMs/TRs in the datamine and in-game.

• If the legendary dens are repeatable, and if they are, will they include hidden abilities? If so, Heatran will be able to have Flame body for the first time legally.
Mewtwo not getting Electro Ball might just be an oversight but I can at least see Deoxys getting Dark Pulse by the time it's actually available and the others getting their moves added to their levle up movepool where appropriate. iirc all the Johto Beasts got their other moves added in provided they were in the TR pool (ie Aura Sphere) so them also getting Extreme Speed & Sheer Cold and so on would make sense. And frankly Heatran should have already had Eruption.

I think that being able to make any old legend legal will mean that HA versions of the legends will be made available through the dens too, just so that they aren't (in certain cases!) left out from being the best they can be. The possibility of HA legends could also be enticing to keep grinding the mode until you get one, too.

Mewtwo not getting Electro Ball might just be an oversight but I can at least see Deoxys getting Dark Pulse by the time it's actually available and the others getting their moves added to their levle up movepool where appropriate. iirc all the Johto Beasts got their other moves added in provided they were in the TR pool (ie Aura Sphere) so them also getting Extreme Speed & Sheer Cold and so on would make sense. And frankly Heatran should have already had Eruption.

I think that being able to make any old legend legal will mean that HA versions of the legends will be made available through the dens too, just so that they aren't (in certain cases!) left out from being the best they can be. The possibility of HA legends could also be enticing to keep grinding the mode until you get one, too.
Mewtwo did get Electro Ball this gen through TR, and the Home Datamine shows that Deoxys gets Dark Pulse and Nasty Plot through TR

That map sure does look huge.
Hidden Ability Huge Power. Please Gamefreak.

Fingers are still crossed for a Voltron-like Mega Primal Gigaregigigas but my hopes are slowly fading.
What I'd like is for it to get a G-max form with a normal type g-max move that ignores stat drops caused by abilities. Or that just ends Slow Start upon use, but I feel it may be a bit too much.

I'm pretty sure Powder is in the game you just have to go through hoops to use it: It's not removed so you can breed a Cutiefly with the move and send it to SWSH
It's flagged as not usable despite retaining its flavor text and belonging to a legitimately transferable Pokémon. Similar deal to Heart Swap.

Actually looking at Bulbapedia, Deoxys was always able to learn Dark Pulse via Tutor so it wouldn't make sense if it just randomly lost it
The 1st time Deoxys could get Dark Pulse was the Plasma Deoxys. Before, it could not get Dark Pulse through TM in Gen 4 and Move Tutor in Gen 5. Gen 6 brought back TM Dark Pulse and any Deoxys was able to learn it. Reminds me of Vulpix and Ralts having TMs as egg moves (Energy Ball and Will o' wisp respectively), but not being able to use the TM til Gen 5.

My personal guess is that they will introduce an item or mechanic of some sort which allows a Pokemon to change to its Hidden Ability. They seem to be moving towards "the only thing you need is a member of that species", in order to allow people to make their favourite shinies etc relevant. HA is the last holdout. Additionally, they seem to be moving more towards shiny versions of otherwise shiny locked legends as rewards for things, and away from exclusive hidden abilities.

I'm interested to know how the Kantonian birds will be handled, given that all signs suggest that they won't be available in SwSh, and it would be weird to have a trade available for what seems to be a unique species.

I'm interested to know how the Kantonian birds will be handled, given that all signs suggest that they won't be available in SwSh, and it would be weird to have a trade available for what seems to be a unique species.
I think they'll just be in Dynamax Adventures like the rest of the legends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)