SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Bit of a shame it's a one-way street ( I wonder how intentional this is vs them not thinking it through vs its not finished development), but pretty cool to finally have something like this! I bet this is going to cost Crown Ore

IMO they should just make No Guard not work on OHKO moves, like every other accuracy modifier, instead of going to these lengths to make No Guard Fissure Machamp illegal.
Not that they care though. Fissure Machamp, regardless of ability, isn't legal in any official format (yet).

Burn Up is now legal on Regenerator Ho-oh

Now all we need is an item that sets an IV to 0, so that Trick Room teams don't have to be picky on Speed IVs.
Annoyingly, the list of items in Crown Tundra deconfirms this -- every item that isn't a key item is now accounted for.

EDIT: On the off chance there was any doubt, it works on legendaries:

What a phenomenal addition an HA capsule is! It's a decade overdue, but still appreciated. I will admit: I went through the trouble of collecting one of every breedable pokemon with it's hidden ability. I liked the fun collecting them all and tracing them back to whatever weird place I could with the dream world long gone. That said... abilities that are instrumental to so many Pokemon's success absolutely shouldn't be gated off so awkwardly. Every Sinnoh starter and 2/3 Hoenn starter HAs being gated off by an ancient japan only event and their descendants is dumb. HA regis coming from a 4 year old even you couldn't SR for blew. VGC 2019 essentially requiring some obscure Lugia event for it to be any good sucked. So happy to have this! Not to mention, it'll fix a ton of my awkward breedables from over the years. Happy to finally get this shiny Blaze Torchic Speed Boosting.

I find it kind of odd they don't let the process be reversable, however. The only real problem I see with it all is Fissue Machamp from Gen 1, but it's just fine? Sanctioned play uses galar native or battle ready marked stuff which deletes the move anyway. 6v6 formats of course ban the moves outright, but their observed very passively if at all by the devs. The only places where it'd actually be allowed are A) Free battles online or with friends and B) the occasional "bring anything" competition like the Extreme Speed Battles competition a while ago. And there it's relatively fine too with solid counterplay, especially this generation with Dynamax to counter that stuff instantly.

Also I want the random shiny cute charm HA milotic I accidentally bred years ago to have a proper ability pls gf. I guess it's also cool for letting curse Scizor and other random VC mons to have their normal ability.

What's new with an ability capsule though? We've got a few general families of neat new stuff to look at. Stand out things I can think of include:

Anything still without its HA. - HA Galar Fossils are neat for the ice ones in particular. Heatran's waited so long to hatch my eggs. Well deserved. Telepathy Tapu Fini is also kind of interesting.
Anything with Gen 3&4 exclusive TMs - Unaware Softboiled Clefable is the biggest addition I've seen and can think of. Counter Alakazam can have stuff like Vacuum Wave with it's Magic Guard.
XD Exclusive moves - The birds all get their cool attacks. Electabuzz and Magmar families can redirect sleep safely now.
Old Events with exclusive moves - Extreme Speed Raichu with Lightning Rod I guess? Cloud Nine Wish Lickilicky?
HA of forms that previously didn't have access to their HA - Off the top of my head, that includes Small and Large Pumpkaboo (normal is in friend safari, giant is from a 2014 event). The non-spring Deerlings and... the Blue Florges family if they were actually in the Crown Tundra dex.
Weird lone attack Pokemon from recent generations - Make way for Flame Body X-scissor Centiskortch.

I'm really in love with expansion pass so far. The battle-ready mark letting me use all my old Pokemon without rebreeding for the exact same with is such an awesome QoL change. Can't wait for this one too and any other awesome QoL changes the crowned tundra brings. :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
Burn Up is now legal on Regenerator Ho-oh

Annoyingly, the list of items in Crown Tundra deconfirms this -- every item that isn't a key item is now accounted for.

EDIT: On the off chance there was any doubt, it works on legendaries:

For reference
1590 - Calyrex Fusion (Fuse) (Key)
1591 - Calyrex Fusion (Separate) (Key)
1592 - Slowking-G Evo Item (Other)
1593 - Key Item
1594 - Key Item
1595 - Key Item
1596 - Key Item
1597 - Key Item
1598 - Key Item
1599 - Key Item
1600 - Key Item
1601 - Key Item
1602 - Key Item
1603 - Key Item
1604 - Crown Ore (Other)
1605 - Key Item
1606 - Hidden Ability Capsule (Other)

Considering we know that genesect is going to be in Crown Tundra's returning Pokemon but its Drives arent (at least at this juncture), I feel more confident that at least one of these key items is related to it in some way. Maybe drives will no longer be an item at all and its just a form change triggered by a new item.

The drives were always fairly superfluous even so far as these things go, letting Genesect switch its signature move's typing while getting to use an actual item would only be a boon.

Non-exhaustive list:

Unaware Soft-boiled Clefable
Slush Rush Arctozolt and Arctovish
Sand Rush Dracozolt and Dracovish
All Gourgeist forms get Insomnia
Flame Body Heatran
Wish Harvest Exeggutor and Exeggutor-Alola (wish is illegal with teleport though)
Wish and Heal Bell Cloud Nine Lickilicky
Heal Bell Multiscale Dragonite
Sucker Punch Unburden Hitmonlee
Vital Spirit Follow Me Electivire/Electabuzz and Magmar/Magmortar
Wish Justified Gallade
Refresh and Wish Moxie Salamence
Vacuum Wave Speed Boost Blaziken
Vacuum Wave Iron Fist Infernape
Vacuum Wave + Fury Cutter Technician Breloom
Psycho Boost Multiscale Lugia
Burn Up Regenerator Ho-Oh
Inner Focus Suicune/Entei/Raikou get some new moves (like Aura Sphere on Raikou)
Quite a few things get Refresh which might be relevant for Nat Dex formats
Heal Bell Moxie Mightyena :thonk:
I'm sure there's a new good helping hand user

Last edited:
New item slots don't need to be added for Genesect's Drives because the existing ones, at 116-119, are still reserved for it, and the relevant assets can easily be added back as necessary. Same for items like Adamant Orb (135) and Soul Dew (225) that are associated with confirmed returning legends.
Wouldn't they be in the list of returning items, though? Soul Dew and Adamant Orb are listed here.

Techno Blast is a dumb source of item bloat and I'll be glad of it if they make the move actually good by not requiring an item. Now, if they could just do the same with Silvally...

Techno Blast is a dumb source of item bloat and I'll be glad of it if they make the move actually good by not requiring an item. Now, if they could just do the same with Silvally...
No, because Genesect is a Mythical thus unconfirmed (and might very well not be in the final pokedex), while Latis and co. are legendaryes and going to return either ways for the GS cup year.

No, because Genesect is a Mythical thus unconfirmed (and might very well not be in the final pokedex), while Latis and co. are legendaryes and going to return either ways for the GS cup year.
I don't see how this follows from what I said at all, but Genesect is on the list of things which are confirmed to get a dex entry in SwSh, and being a mythical doesn't meaningfully affect the probability of that list being correct.

(Magearna was likely wrong because of the Home event, and is a case of something being added that was unexpected -- I don't think there's any precedent in this generation for a mythical being *removed* from the list.)

I don't see how this follows from what I said at all, but Genesect is on the list of things which are confirmed to get a dex entry in SwSh, and being a mythical doesn't meaningfully affect the probability of that list being correct.

(Magearna was likely wrong because of the Home event, and is a case of something being added that was unexpected -- I don't think there's any precedent in this generation for a mythical being *removed* from the list.)
Was it? I could swear no mythical was confirmed outside of Magearna, Mew, Celebi and Jirachi, but in this case I blame my lack of coffee for bad information :pikuh:

Was it? I could swear no mythical was confirmed outside of Magearna, Mew, Celebi and Jirachi, but in this case I blame my lack of coffee for bad information :pikuh:
Yeah, we knew about almost all the mythicals ahead of time. Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Keldeo/Marshadow/Zeraora/Meltan/Melmetal were in the original release and immediately available when Home came out. There was a leaked list of what was in DLC1 that included no mythicals aside from Zarude, and the only error was Magearna, suggesting it was a last minute decision to add it (probably because of the Original Form release with Home). Now we have this:

Strongly suggesting that Victini, Genesect, Diancie and Volcanion are the mythicals we're getting in DLC2. It's possible that more will be added to that, like Magearna was, but it seems unlikely that any of these four *won't* be in.

Yeah, we knew about almost all the mythicals ahead of time. Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Keldeo/Marshadow/Zeraora/Meltan/Melmetal were in the original release and immediately available when Home came out. There was a leaked list of what was in DLC1 that included no mythicals aside from Zarude, and the only error was Magearna, suggesting it was a last minute decision to add it (probably because of the Original Form release with Home). Now we have this:

Strongly suggesting that Victini, Genesect, Diancie and Volcanion are the mythicals we're getting in DLC2. It's possible that more will be added to that, like Magearna was, but it seems unlikely that any of these four *won't* be in.
I got a feeling Megas are back somehow, look at those veteran megas: Aero, all Hoenn starters for some reason , Agggron, Altaria, Absol, Hoenn pseudos, Eon duo, Weather trio, Chomps, Audino and Diance. Who's left? Amphy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)