SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Going from my rudimentary knowledge of Japanese, the wolves' codenames are probably short for "ōkami katana" and "ōkami tate," (for sword wolf and shield wolf) though I'm less sure on Zacian.
The comments seem to agree with you so I think you're right. Also Ama being for Armor like how Calyrex's is for crown.

Weirdly the only guess for Eternatus is....Joker? ??

scires mentioned before that it seemed there was data implying that the horses would fuse with Calyrex, this further cements it.

I hope these fusions are more on the Kyurem spectrum than the Necrozma spectrum. Parasitic necrozma made flavor sense but visually it was pretty lame.

Last edited:

8 battle themes is pretty meaty. For reference, Armor added 6: Klara, Avery, Water Tower, Darkness Tower, Mustard 1, Mustard 2
We probably do fight Peony's daughter (see below) so maybe she'll have her own theme?

Also unless this is just partial data it probably means that the legendary battles in the dens won't play their assorted themes. Otherwise there'd be way more than 8. Maybe the legendary raids will get their own shared theme at least? That'd be nice.

e: I bet that the Star Tournament will have its own theme

e2: Lmao

The comments seem to agree with you so I think you're right. Also Ama being for Armor like how Calyrex's is for crown.

Weirdly the only guess for Eternatus is....Joker? ??

scires mentioned before that it seemed there was data implying that the horses would fuse with Calyrex, this further cements it.

I hope these fusions are more on the Kyurem spectrum than the Necrozma spectrum. Parasitic necrozma made flavor sense but visually it was pretty lame.
So I guess we can assume that these 2 legendary Pokemon and Calyrex will be of the banned legendary type of Pokemon.

Well, at least the map isn't actually visible... :p

Good to know there are several more fly locations than in IoA (from a subsequent tweet). Cautiously optimistic that CT is shaping up to be a decent bit longer and larger than IoA.

Speaking of legends can someone help me out here?
From Matt's reply to that thread, here's his speculative list (I guess birds also have separate flags, in addition to regis and swords of justice?)

Well, at least the map isn't actually visible... :p

Good to know there are several more fly locations than in IoA (from a subsequent tweet). Cautiously optimistic that CT is shaping up to be a decent bit longer and larger than IoA.
Honestly I was expecting approximately on par with IoA, a location I actualyl really liked, so it being either big enough to warrant these or have a set of pathing complex enough to warrant quick travel to get around this is pretty cool to me.

From Matt's reply to that thread, here's his speculative list (I guess birds also have separate flags, in addition to regis and swords of justice?)
yeah I saw that literally as soon as I hit post so I just deleted the relevant bits. Clearly I was too slow.
Thing that threw me off was thinking the UB_OPEN was just the catch all encounter flag. Hazard of going off truncated informatoin

yeah I saw that literally as soon as I hit post so I just deleted the relevant bits. Clearly I was too slow.
Thing that threw me off was thinking the UB_OPEN was just the catch all encounter flag. Hazard of going off truncated informatoin
Sorry, saw it while I was writing my reply to the stuff about the maps and added it before I saw the edit! :P

Interesting thing about that tweet though is that the swords of justice have separate encounter flags? I don't remember hearing that bit before? I thought we all just expected the "sovereign and steed" episode would relate to them, but dropped that theory when the two legendary horses were found. None of the other episode titles seem like they would refer to the muskateers, so I wonder if they actually have a role in one of the stories. (Maybe Matt meant birds instead of swords of justice, but the birds, regis, and swords are all missing from his guess at what the 48 dynamax adventures legendaries are).

Maybe they're not encounterable, and there's just an event unlocked if you bring the swords of justice over? Only reason I'm guessing at this as a possibility is that the swords of justice will be legal for VGC starting in July due to the new battle-ready mark feature, so I am anticipating a raid event for them soon to make them accessible to new players. (Otherwise it's really gonna suck for the players that got into Pokemon & VGC this gen and don't have access to ORAS or USUM)

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Heard this from a friend of mine, but given these are black and white horses, the swords of justice and regis being left out of the first trailer that showed returning legends, we getting new regis, there being specific encounter for the swords of justice, and the fact the swords of justice being based on hooved animals, we could maybe be getting new members of the group. Might as well since its, yknow, pokemon Sword

Granted tho this would be weird given Calyrex' supposed interaction with them

So I guess we can assume that these 2 legendary Pokemon and Calyrex will be of the banned legendary type of Pokemon.
They'll very likely be Restricted type in same way of Kyurem or Eternatus & Dogs.

Aka, only allowed in GSCUP

So far it seems the only "regular" legendary of this gen is going to be Urshifu, as Tundra's side (or main?) plots look like being about the Birds, Horsemen and Regis (including the 2 new ones)

Matleo

Banned deucer.
how does Poltergeist and Corrosive gas react with the oponents Berries?

Interesting if Powder should react to Scorching sand or Beak Blast in future? taking their heat?

Sorry, saw it while I was writing my reply to the stuff about the maps and added it before I saw the edit! :P

Interesting thing about that tweet though is that the swords of justice have separate encounter flags? I don't remember hearing that bit before? I thought we all just expected the "sovereign and steed" episode would relate to them, but dropped that theory when the two legendary horses were found. None of the other episode titles seem like they would refer to the muskateers, so I wonder if they actually have a role in one of the stories. (Maybe Matt meant birds instead of swords of justice, but the birds, regis, and swords are all missing from his guess at what the 48 dynamax adventures legendaries are).

Maybe they're not encounterable, and there's just an event unlocked if you bring the swords of justice over? Only reason I'm guessing at this as a possibility is that the swords of justice will be legal for VGC starting in July due to the new battle-ready mark feature, so I am anticipating a raid event for them soon to make them accessible to new players. (Otherwise it's really gonna suck for the players that got into Pokemon & VGC this gen and don't have access to ORAS or USUM)
iirc there's some flags implying there's an event with them, including Keldeo, for completing the stories of both Armor & Tundra? I can't remember if it was in Matt's stuff or Scires' stuff, I'll try to find it later.

in the meantime

Probably expected but nice to have confirmed.

and i found this, I guess here's Peony's daughter

They'll very likely be Restricted type in same way of Kyurem or Eternatus & Dogs.

Aka, only allowed in GSCUP

So far it seems the only "regular" legendary of this gen is going to be Urshifu, as Tundra's side (or main?) plots look like being about the Birds, Horsemen and Regis (including the 2 new ones)
Well let's be fair I'm sure Regieleki and Regidrago will also be standard regular Legendary

e: I found it

I would expect the new Regis to be standard legendaries, surely? Might be 680BST, but that seems unlikely to me given that the other regis and trio master are all legal.

I would expect the new Regis to be standard legendaries, surely? Might be 680BST, but that seems unlikely to me given that the other regis and trio master are all legal.
I do, I did say "including" the new ones o.o I probably spelled it wrong, I meant that the only new regular legendaries are going to be Kubfu, Urshifu, the two new Regis, and the Galar forms of the birdies + potentially whatever stuff they do to Regigigas.

My second sentence meant to be "the plot of the Tundra so far doesn't seem to leave space for anything new other than the 2 regis"

So we can quick fly to any of the temples, the bird tree, likely the ruined cathedral is Calyrex's place. Minshuku...maybe a village or something? Since we know there's a village chief with some village NPCs and all.
The placement of the different areas and fly-to-spots suggests to me that we'll start at the bottom of the tundra and work up to the peak of the "crown" where Calyrex is. That either suggests a train from mainland Galar or possibly a boat from the Isle of Armor to access it. I was really hoping that there would be some way to get to it from the Slumbering Weald, but that wouldn't make sense if you start from the south.

All the Crown Tundra leaks sound insane. Especially the large area. I'm so hyped. So... After both of the DLCs, how many Pokémon are still left out of the game?

The placement of the different areas and fly-to-spots suggests to me that we'll start at the bottom of the tundra and work up to the peak of the "crown" where Calyrex is. That either suggests a train from mainland Galar or possibly a boat from the Isle of Armor to access it. I was really hoping that there would be some way to get to it from the Slumbering Weald, but that wouldn't make sense if you start from the south.
The footage they showed earlier in the month accidentally left in a set of train tracks that lead below the map, so its likely by train from the station.

All the Crown Tundra leaks sound insane. Especially the large area. I'm so hyped. So... After both of the DLCs, how many Pokémon are still left out of the game?
Assuming no other Pokemon are added between now & release, its about..eh...242? Give or take

e: I think it's 237? 400 base game + the 35 "transfer only" pokemon + 102 in update 1 (also Kubfu, Urshifu) + 119 in update 2 (also the 2 new regi, the 2 horses, Calyrex).

Last edited:
Or maybe 240, it would include the galarian legendary birds because it would be a bit confusing since, for exemple, Galarian "Zap"dos isn't electric type anymore. Maybe Brawldos? Laseruno? Darktres?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)