Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
This is probably a case of things not important enough to add in yet, but fire type moves don't remove freeze status.

Sorry for not getting the log down.

Verification

Payback boosts after non-damaging moves, it shouldn't.

The foe's Gengar used Trick!
The foe's Gengar switched items with Machoke!
Machoke obtained one Choice Scarf!
The foe's Gengar obtained one Toxic Orb!
Machoke used Payback!
[DEBUG] Payback damage boost.
It's super-effective! A critical hit! The foe's Gengar lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Gengar fainted!
Machoke is hurt by poison!
Also didn't save the log but Dewgong used Rain Dance, Lickitung used Body Slam and Paralyzed him which healed at end of turn even though cloud nine should prevent it.

And spectators can /kickinactive, which they probably shouldn't?

Focus sash no longer applies to OHKO moves like sheer cold.

Sash should take the equiped poke down to 1hp, but it doesn't get it's effect applied when it should.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Payback boosts after non-damaging moves, it shouldn't.
Before reporting a bug, please read the instructions in the first post:

Before reporting a bug:
- Check the lists of Common Mistakes, Known Bugs, and Unimplemented Features that Technically Aren't Bugs.
- Look up the relevant moves/abilities/items on Veekun and the first post of the Smogon Research thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79340

UNIMPLEMENTED FEATURES THAT TECHNICALLY AREN'T BUGS (on the teambuilder)

-
Pokemon can be any gender thay want (ex. Mew can be female, Chansey can be male, Persian can be Genderless, Gallade Female, etc...)
- You can't change the IVs of Pokemon (and Hidden Power doesn't affect them)
- In adition to Gen 3 event, Gen 3 TMs, etc... DW exclusive moves are shown as illegal (ex. Mismagius' Inferno)
- You can't change the base power of Hidden Power (this is mainly due to the technician users like Roserade and Persian), it's set to 70

EDIT:
Tried it on my IPad and:
- It restarted Safari while searching battles and other things
I searched about six times and only the first ended in a battle, the others the browser was restarted, one time it shot it down even without searching just after I changed tabs and one time when I was in the teambuilder, apparently if I let Showdown there alone without touching it (like when you're watching another page or something), when you come back it restarts the tablet's browser
- The chat and logs are not implemented
- Sludge Bomb is spelled SludgeBomb

May I do a little suggestion?
Is there a way to order the Pokemon by Atk, Def, etc... When in the teambuilder, cause after the IVs and everything is sorted out it could be a nice feature, maybe you're looking for a Pokemon with good HP and that way you could see one you didn't know had it, it's something that could be interesting to see

Dangit, I forgot to save the log, but I had a battle end like this:

Opponent's Swellow used Brave Bird
It did X damage, Swellow is hit by recoil
Swellow fainted!
TonyMuhplaah has won the battle!
My Pokemon used Hidden Power!
But there was no target...

Basically, if the opponent faints from recoil, my Pokemon still makes a move. Minor problem, but still worth noting.

Vigoroth used Earthquake!
It's super-effective! The foe's Steelix lost 43% of its health!
The foe's Steelix used Torment!
Turn 2
Fyn: ...
Fyn: I think Torment's working wrong.
Vigoroth used Earthquake!
It's super-effective! The foe's Steelix lost 41% of its health!
The foe's Steelix used Rest!
The foe's Steelix fell asleep!
The foe's Steelix went to sleep and became healthy!
The foe's Steelix ate its Chesto Berry!
The foe's Steelix woke up!
Turn 3
shikari: I think so too
Fyn: It's acting like Encore LOL
shikari: wut
shikari: that's...anti-torment

Torment's doing the opposite of it's intended effect. It's acting like Encore.

Pokeball data corrupt, please copy this data and post.

join shikari :: join Fyn :: player shikari :: foe-player Fyn :: tier Random Battle :: rule [[Rated]] :: rule Sleep Clause :: :: start :: pokemon ally-Swellow[L85] :: switch-in ally-Swellow[L85] (100/100|none) :: pokemon foe-Drifblim[L90] :: switch-in foe-Drifblim[L90] (100/100|none) :: turn 1 :: callback decision :: chat Fyn Oh Hai :: :: switch-out ally-Swellow[L85] :: pokemon ally-Primeape[L85] :: switch-in ally-Primeape[L85] (100/100|none) :: move foe-Drifblim[L90] NastyPlot ?? :: r-boost foe-Drifblim[L90] spa 2 :: :: turn 2 :: callback decision :: :: move foe-Drifblim[L90] Flamethrower ?? :: [DEBUG] LO boost :: r-damage ally-Primeape[L85] 88 (12/100|none) :: r-life-orb-recoil foe-Drifblim[L90] 10 (90/100|none) :: move ally-Primeape[L85] IcePunch ?? :: [DEBUG] illusion cleared :: pokemon foe-Zoroark[L80] :: replace foe-Zoroark[L80] :: r-damage foe-Zoroark[L80] 36 (54/100|none) :: :: residual ally-Primeape[L85] item-heal Leftovers 6 (18/100|none) :: turn 3 :: callback decision :...evoir[L90] Reflect ?? :: r-side-condition ally Reflect :: :: turn 26 :: callback decision :: :: move ally-Gardevoir[L90] Protect ?? :: r-volatile ally-Gardevoir[L90] protect :: move foe-Drifblim[L90] SuckerPunch ?? :: r-volatile ally-Gardevoir[L90] protect :: :: turn 27 :: callback decision :: :: move foe-Drifblim[L90] SuckerPunch ?? :: [DEBUG] LO boost :: [DEBUG] Reflect weaken :: r-super-effective :: r-damage ally-Gardevoir[L90] 46 (54/100|none) :: r-life-orb-recoil foe-Drifblim[L90] 6 (0/100|none) :: faint foe-Drifblim[L90] :: move ally-Gardevoir[L90] Thunderbolt ?? no-target :: r-no-target :: :: callback decision :: :: pokemon foe-Slaking[L90] :: switch-in foe-Slaking[L90] (66/100|par) :: turn 28 :: callback decision :: chat shikari now you know all my moves :D :: :: switch-out foe-Slaking[L90] :: pokemon foe-Drifblim[L90] :: switch-in foe-Drifblim[L90] (100/100|none) :: move ally-Gardevoir[L90] Protect ?? :: r-failed ally-Gardevoir[L90] :: :: turn 29 :: callback decision

Also, when Zoroark loses illusion, either stat boosts are removed, or just the text of the boost is.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
AfroThunderRule joined.
KGC Bomber joined.
Format: OU
Rule: Sleep Clause
Battle between AfroThunderRule and KGC Bomber started!
AfroThunderRule sent out Golduck!
KGC Bomber sent out Politoed!
Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!
Turn 1

beriznetz joined.
beriznetz: wut
KGC Bomber called Politoed back!
KGC Bomber sent out Omastar!
[DEBUG] ModifyMove handler suppressed by Air Lock.
The foe's Golduck used Calm Mind!
The foe's Golduck's Special Attack rose!
The foe's Golduck's Special Defense rose!
Rain continues to fall!
Turn 2

KGC Bomber: just testing something
Omastar used Surf!
[DEBUG] BasePower handler suppressed by Air Lock.
It's not very effective... The foe's Golduck lost 23% of its health!
The foe's Golduck used Hydro Pump!
The attack of the foe's Golduck missed!
Rain continues to fall!
Turn 3

beriznetz: oh lol
beriznetz left.
KGC Bomber: hmm, a bug
Omastar used Surf!
It's not very effective... The foe's Golduck lost 22% of its health!
The foe's Golduck used Ice Beam!
It's not very effective... Omastar lost 32% of its health!
Rain continues to fall!
Turn 4

Omastar used Earth Power!
The foe's Golduck lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Golduck used Hydro Pump!
The attack of the foe's Golduck missed!
Rain continues to fall!
Turn 5

AfroThunderRule left.

-------------------------------------------------------
Omastar shouldn't be able to outrun Golduck due to Golduck having Air Lock and nullifying the Swift Swim speed boost.

Lunar Dance doesn't work properly. It kills cress but the switching in pokemon doesn't get its HP back. The pokemon I switched in didn't have a status effect so I don't know if that part works either.

Turn 16
Guest123 called Barboach back!
Guest123 sent out Golduck!
The foe's Seaking used Substitute!
The foe's Seaking made a substitute!
Turn 17
Golduck used Hidden Power!
It's super-effective! The foe's Seaking's substitute faded!
The foe's Seaking used Rain Dance!
It started to rain!
Rain continues to fall!
Turn 18
The foe's Seaking used Megahorn!
The attack of the foe's Seaking missed!
Golduck used Encore!
The foe's Seaking received an encore!
Rain continues to fall!

Golduck's ability was Cloud 9 but Seaking still got the SwSw boost.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
I thought my opponent would report this but I've looked through the whole thread and couldn't find anything. Or, he did and I just missed it because I'm kinda getting sleepy. Of course, it's been a while so I don't have the log. Sorry =( (doesn't help that I'm an idiot and can't find the save log or whatever button.)

Psych Up does not work. It failed against a SD Totodile, though I do remember that Totodile got fully paralyzed on the turn and the turn before I Psyched Up, and that might have something to do with the bug. Hope I helped =)

Aeo, you sly dog - apparently you implemented sleep clause, but forgot to put an exception in for rest. I don't have the log any more, but basically it went like this - Venasaur uses Sleep Powder on Syclant, then I switch to Flareon and he switches to Blaziken, I try to use Rest on Flareon but it fails and I get a debug message about keeping sleep clause from breaking. Personally I prefer enforcing sleep clause on the honor system, but if you're gonna have it hardcoded like that there really needs to be an exception for rest.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Aeo, you sly dog - apparently you implemented sleep clause, but forgot to put an exception in for rest. I don't have the log any more, but basically it went like this - Venasaur uses Sleep Powder on Syclant, then I switch to Flareon and he switches to Blaziken, I try to use Rest on Flareon but it fails and I get a debug message about keeping sleep clause from breaking. Personally I prefer enforcing sleep clause on the honor system, but if you're gonna have it hardcoded like that there really needs to be an exception for rest.
Confirming, this almost cost me a match.

Incidentally, Encore is glitchy...

Battling someone named fitzy, and I had him out of Fire Blast PP. So, I do the one thing which can let me stall out the match a bit longer and Encore. However, rather than struggling, he continues to use Fire Blast out of PP. Which basically cost me the match.

In addition, he also went from 2nd on ladder to completely removed for some reason. Any ideas why people are being removed from the ladder?

MuriloMarques joined.
Art joined.
Format: Random Battle
Rule: [[Rated]]
Rule: Sleep Clause
Battle between MuriloMarques and Art started!
MuriloMarques sent out Kangaskhan!
Art sent out Hariyama!
Turn 1
omgwtffax joined.
omgwtffax left.
[DEBUG] Sheer Force boost.
The foe's Hariyama used Fake Out!
[DEBUG] LO boost.
Kangaskhan lost 19% of its health!
Kangaskhan used Return!
The foe's Hariyama lost 38% of its health!
Turn 2
MuriloMarques: Why didn't Kanga flinch? D:
Art: Dude ikr
Art: XD
MuriloMarques: Sheer Force?
Kangaskhan used Return!
The foe's Hariyama lost 42% of its health!
The foe's Hariyama used Force Palm!
[DEBUG] LO boost.
It's super-effective! Kangaskhan lost 81% of its health!
Kangaskhan fainted!
Art: inner focus
Art: prbly
MuriloMarques: No, she was Early Bird.
Art: O.o
Art: weird
MuriloMarques sent out Wormadam-S!
Turn 3
The foe's Hariyama used Force Palm!
[DEBUG] LO boost.
Wormadam-S lost 47% of its health!
Wormadam-S used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Art's team!
Wormadam-S restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 4
MuriloMarques: Life Orb with no recoil?
The foe's Hariyama used Stone Edge!
The attack of the foe's Hariyama missed!
Wormadam-S used Hidden Power!
The foe's Hariyama lost 15% of its health!
Turn 5
The foe's Hariyama used Stone Edge!
[DEBUG] LO boost.
Wormadam-S lost 36% of its health!
The foe's Hariyama is hurt by its life orb!
The foe's Hariyama fainted!
Wormadam-S used Hidden Power!
But there was no target...
Art: there it was O.o
MuriloMarques: In the moves that Sheer Force allows, the LO doesn't make recoil damage

This thing above is almost self explanatory, we had a little misunderstands with Sheer Force. Sheer Force helped Fake Out but took off the flinching fact. And in the moves that Sheer Force increased the 1.3x boost, the Life Orb did not the recoil damage.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whenever I try to save a team, it's not there the next time I go on Pokemon Showdown. Why?

EDIT: Also, Slack Off failed to work on Hippowdon. Taunt was not in effect, and it wasn't against a Pokemon with some ability that would make non-damaging moves not work, if that ability even exists. It was against a Hydreigon with Levitate, so there's so possible reason why it failed. It just did. And it cost me a battle too, so I'm kinda pissed.

The foe's Manectric used Thunderbolt!
Mew lost 27% of its health!
Mew used Explosion!
The foe's Manectric lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Manectric fainted!
Mew fainted!
Tie between Bromishi and Crazyhax!
Isn't the user of Explosion supposed to lose if it takes out the opponent's last mon?

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tested Showdown, and the ladders don't seem to have the bans enforced (saw illegal Dream World ability and move combinations [e.g. ThunderPunch Speed Boost Blaziken, Mewtwo in OU, and Contrary Serperior]). It's a wondrous sim to use still. Thanks aeo.

You can use any move or ability on any Pokemon, as well as 252 in each stat. Something that should be fixed. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)