Pokemon Mixed Platinum Retyping Project

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm going to be busy so I won't be monitoring this thread for the next two days.

Mektar - Please keep both sprites in the same image. Don't remove them from the original 160x80 frame that you got them from.

Mofo - Awesome! Correct format and everything! But the front palette and back palette are totally different! You need to either redo the front or back sprites so that both palettes are exactly the same.

Tyrant - Yes it worked. I think the key is not to use more than 15 colors (excluding the background). Try and fix up your Happiny back and Heracross sprites the same way you did the front sprites. I already did Chansey and Blissey.

Oh my God thank you Aragornbird!

I was prepared!

I shall be back with Heracross... I don't know how many colors he has though, so I need to experiment.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Tyrant - Also make sure the front AND backsprites have the same number of colors and the same EXACT colors. Basically, both palettes need to be the same.

Albinoloon - I already did Wurmple, it's Psychic/Bug. The evolutions can change types though, any combo of Bug, Psychic, or Ghost.

(Don't worry, the horn isn't cut off)

The color pallete squares (combined) for both to prove their the same.

Edit:Oops, forgot yellow. They're the same though.

Edit 2: @Teddyman-Join thread?

Tyrant - Also make sure the front AND backsprites have the same number of colors and the same EXACT colors. Basically, both palettes need to be the same.

Albinoloon - I already did Wurmple, it's Psychic/Bug. The evolutions can change types though, any combo of Bug, Psychic, or Ghost.
Dangit, already did wurmple. ):/
Dey looked somethin' like dis:

Will do! :)

Okay, they should both be right now! Like I said, can I change Snorunt to being pure Grass and Glalie to Grass/Rock? Funnily enough I was looking around at Glalie before, and one of its pokedex entries states that the middle of it is pure rock and that it's covered with Ice... gamefreak should definitely have made it Ice/Rock, would be a lot more useful!

One last question for the guys here. Do we have to use GraphicsGale? I'm finding it extremely inconvenient, so what difference does it make to use Paint as long as you stay within thte color limit?

I wish I could draw! Ths art is really good. Congrats to everyone!

The Fire / Ground Pachirisu looks really nice (by ToastTyrant13)

The Water Chimchar in the OP is also done nicely. Looks like that water monkey in 5th gen!

One last question for the guys here. Do we have to use GraphicsGale? I'm finding it extremely inconvenient, so what difference does it make to use Paint as long as you stay within thte color limit?
If you use the sprites from DsPicPlatinum or whatever, keep the entire thing within 160x80 pixels, make sure the back sprites and front sprites have the same amount and equivelent color pallets, and keep the colors under 15 (not including the background), you should be fine. That's what Aragornbird had me do, but they have to be edited to fit the game programming, so it's a bit of work and therefore he needs MSPaint sprites to be REALLY good.

Edit:Thank you Belphagor!

I found the same as you, then I figured out a really simple solution to it: Do the sprites in paint, but don't save it as the original file, keep it seperate. Open the original file in Gale, then copy/paste the edited sprites in there and finalise it by changing around the colour scheme to suit what you needed. Simples!

I'm no expert on these matters, but the shading on sprites is always from the top left, back or front. I don't think it's from there on floatzel back. Everything else is totally fabulous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)