Micro Metagames General Thread

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Eevee General
Formeations
The point of this micro metagame is only allowing access to Pokemon with additional formes. This goes from Abilities which change forme to moves or even depending on the season!

Aegislash
Basculin
Burmy
Castform
Cherrim
Darmanitan
Deerling
Deoxys-Defense
Deoxys-Speed
Floette
Florges
Furfrou
Gastrodon
Genesect
Giratina (Must hold Griseous Orb)
Gourgeist
Keldeo
Kyurem
Landorus
Meloetta
Pichu
Pikachu
Pumpkaboo
Rotom
Sawsbuck
Shaymin
Shellos
Thundurus
Tornadus
Unown
Vivillon
Wormadam

Arceus
Deoxys-Attack
Deoxys
Xerneas

Clauses and Clarifications:
- All OU Clauses apply, but a select few Ubers Pokemon are able to be used
- Arceus, Deoxys-Attack, and Deoxys are banned because they are literally unstoppable.
- If you want to, you can play this game only using the additional forms such as Darmanitan-Zen and Meloetta-P.
- Defensive Threats: Deoxys-D, Giratina, Aegislash
- Offensive Threats: Landorus, Tornadus, Shaymin, Meloetta

Last edited:
Formeations
The point of this micro metagame is only allowing access to Pokemon with additional formes. This goes from Abilities which change forme to moves or even depending on the season!

Aegislash
Basculin
Burmy
Cherrim
Darmanitan
Deerling
Deoxys-Defense
Deoxys-Speed
Floette
Furfrou
Gastrodon
Genesect
Gourgeist
Keldeo
Kyurem
Landorus
Meloetta
Pichu
Pikachu
Pumpkaboo
Rotom
Sawsbuck
Shaymin
Shellos
Thundurus
Tornadus
Unown
Vivillon
Wormadam

Arceus
Deoxys-Attack
Deoxys

- Arceus, Deoxys-Attack, and Deoxys are banned because they are literally unstoppable.
- If you want to, you can play this game only using the additional forms such as Darmanitan-Zen and Meloetta-P.
Not that it'll make a difference but... where's Castform? The old guy needs some love :[
Wouldn't Xerneas be on the ban list? It technically has a form and it won't make a difference whatsoever, but still.

Can you use Kyurem-Black/White and the therian forms in this micro meta, by the way? Just wondering.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not that it'll make a difference but... where's Castform? The old guy needs some love :[
Wouldn't Xerneas be on the ban list? It technically has a form and it won't make a difference whatsoever, but still.

Can you use Kyurem-Black/White and the therian forms in this micro meta, by the way? Just wondering.
Added Castform into the list, Xerneas to ban list, and you can use both formes of Kyurem and genies.

Formeations

Aegislash
Basculin
Burmy
Castform
Cherrim
Darmanitan
Deerling
Deoxys-Defense
Deoxys-Speed
Floette
Furfrou
Gastrodon
Genesect
Gourgeist
Keldeo
Kyurem
Landorus
Meloetta
Pichu
Pikachu
Pumpkaboo
Rotom
Sawsbuck
Shaymin
Shellos
Thundurus
Tornadus
Unown
Vivillon
Wormadam

Arceus
Deoxys-Attack
Deoxys
Xerneas

:( That's almost pretty much what i had just with only the forms allowed, and it became arceus cup. Eh whatever, life is life.
EDIT: what a way to use my 400th post.

Formeations

Aegislash
Basculin
Burmy
Castform
Cherrim
Darmanitan
Deerling
Deoxys-Defense
Deoxys-Speed
Floette
Furfrou
Gastrodon
Genesect
Gourgeist
Keldeo
Kyurem
Landorus
Meloetta
Pichu
Pikachu
Pumpkaboo
Rotom
Sawsbuck
Shaymin
Shellos
Thundurus
Tornadus
Unown
Vivillon
Wormadam

Arceus
Deoxys-Attack
Deoxys
Xerneas

If Furfrou, Vivillon, Sawsbuck, and Gastrodon's strictly aesthetic forms are allowed, why not Florges?

I've been playing around with a Fledgling Cup team (in LC battles, since I haven't been able to find many Fledgling Cup players), and Copycat Riolu is fun. Initial predictions of its power are probably on point, as even in LC it can do serious damage to an unprepared team. Additionally, the best counters to the set (Spritzee and Abra) aren't in Fledgling Cup, making priority High Jump Kick potentially devastating.

Here's the set I've been using:

Riolu @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Copycat
- Iron Tail

And here's some replays of it in action:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcsuspecttest-397771359

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcsuspecttest-398240638

So far, I've had to just play the Fledgling team in Little Cup, but if anyone wants to battle in the Fledgling format, I'm up for a challenge pretty much whenever I'm online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)