Infernape [QC: 1/4]

Overview
########
  • Great Coverage.
  • Decent mixed potential but struggles with defensive stuff.
  • Not an amazing choice for OU, but has enough tools to make a decent splash.
  • Mostly outclassed by Keldeo as a fast Fighting-type, but has a few advantages
  • Also faces competition from Terrakion as a strong fast Fighting-type and Talonflame as a strong fast Fire-type.
  • Has a lot of checks.
  • Easily worn down, especially with Life Orb.

MixApe
########
name: MixApe
move 1: Fire Blast / Flare Blitz
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: Thunder Punch
move 4: Mach Punch / Hidden Power Ice / Grass Knot
ability: Iron Fist / Blaze
item: Life Orb
evs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Naive

Moves
========
  • Close Combat and Fire Blast are strong STABs with good coverage.
  • Fire Blast is preferred for good damage on physically defensive Pokemon such as Landorus-T and Gliscor. Flare blitz hits harder in general, but leaves you walled by aforementioned threats without HP Ice and also leaves you susceptible to King's Shield. Overheat is also more likely to OHKO Aegislash but can leave you open to stuff like Dragonite setting up on you.
  • HP Ice can be used with Flare Blitz for hitting Lando-T, Garchomp, Dragonite and Gliscor the hardest.
  • SE Thunder Punch with Iron Fist boost hits marginally harder than neutral STAB. Targets include Gyarados before Mega Evolving, Jellicent, Starmie and Tentacruel, while being best move for Mandibuzz and Keldeo.
  • Mach Punch has very useful to revenge kill threats like +1 Mega Gyarados, +1 Mega Tyranitar and SD Bisharp, while preventing a speed tie with Terrakion & other 108s.
  • HP Grass is an option for Rotom-W, but Grass Knot hits most other waters and Hippowdon harder.
Set Details
========
  • EV SPREAD NEEDS REVISING YEA?
  • Flare Blitz guarantees 2HKO on Mega-Venasaur after SR, while Fire Blast doesn't.
  • 44 SpA EVs guaratees OHKO on Gliscor, Lando-I and Dragonite after SR.
  • 44 SpA Evs also allows Infernape to 2HKO Gliscor and Lando-T after stealth rock, allowing space for Thunder Punch and U-turn or Mach Punch, making Infernape harder to wall and giving it more utility.
  • Iron Fist boosts T/Mach Punch and Blaze gives a strong finishing Fire move if running not running T/Mach Punch.
  • Max speed is mandatory to tie other 108s like Terrakion and outspeeding stuff like Garchomp.
Usage Tips
========
  • Nice coverage and speed tier allows Infernape to threaten and KO a handful of stuff.
  • blah
  • Recoil makes it easily worn down with passive damage, especially with Flare Blitz.
Team Options
========
  • Sun - Char-Y
  • Rotom-W resists 3 of Infernape's weaknesses and switches into Talonflame, Azumarill and Mega-Pinsir, who threaten Infernape with SE priority.
  • Sub Kyurem-B with Fusion Bolt and Thundurus-I can deal with bulky waters, especially Rotom-W, that Infernape struggle with.
  • Late-game sweepers like Mega-Pinsir, Mega-Zard X, Talonflame, DD Dragonite, SD Garchomp, who appreciate Infernape wearing down their checks.

Other Options
########
  • CB
  • SD
  • Anti-Lead
  • Scarf
  • Nasty Plot

Checks & Counters
########
  • Hippowdon dislikes Grass Knot
  • Rotom-W dislikes HP Grass
  • Mixed walls: Sylveon, Clefable.
  • Talonflame, Azumarill and Mega-Pinsir pack SE priority, while the former two resist both STABs.
  • Lati@s, Thundy-I, Deo-s, Starmie, Gengar, all outspeed, resist Mach Punch & OHKO.
  • Bulky Waters: Jellicent, Gyarados, Tentacruel, Slowbro, but dislike Thunder Punch.
Choice Band
########
name: Choice Band
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Mach Punch / Thunder Punch
item: Choice Band
ability: Iron Fist
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========
  • Fast and hits hard.
  • U-turn preserves momentum. Doesn’t leave you a sitting duck.
  • Mach Punch for SD Bisharp and Revenge killing, while Thunder Punch gives you more coverage options. HP Ice usable but weak without a boosting item and not really recommended. These suck to be locked into.

Set Details
========
  • Forgoes coverage and move changing for raw power.
  • Max Attack is obvious, speed/nature for reasons above.

Usage Tips
========
  • Come in on something Infernape threatens and either KO it or nail the switch in HARD.
  • Requires good (and often aggressive) prediction.
  • Works best at hole punching early game.
  • Can clean up late-game when it's checks and counters have been worn down.

Team Options
========
  • Sun makes CB Flare Blitz REALLY strong.
  • Same as above.

Swords Dance
########
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Flare Blitz
move 3: Close Combat
move 4: Mach Punch

Moves
========
  • Has enough tools to be a good SD sweeper.
  • +2 Dual STABs are a ridiculous threat, tearing apart a lot of defensive threats.
  • Iron Boosted STAB Mach Punch is, again, good for RKing and prevents some priority or faster threats from ending your sweep
  • Thunder Punch is an option for better coverage but +2 STABs are usually good enough.

Set Details
========
  • Aims to hit like a truck when set up.
  • Max speed is mandatory to tie other 108s like Terrakion and outspeeding stuff like Garchomp.
  • Max Attack is obvious, speed/nature for reasons above.

Usage Tips
========
  • Threatens a lot of things, which gives a lot of opportunities to set up.
  • As mentioned, punches BIG holes in defensive teams.
  • Can sweep late-game if given the opportunity.

Team Options
========
  • Above.

Anti-Lead
########
name: Anti-Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Overheat
move 4: Fake Out
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves
========
  • Sets up Stealth Rock for you and prevents other pokemon from setting it up.
  • Fake out breaks sashes - Deo-S is limited by Fake Out + Overheat.
  • No reason not to use great STAB Close Combat.

Set Details
========

• EVs/Nature are obvious at this point, same as above ~_~
  • Focus Sash guarantees Infernape to live a hit and get up SR.

Usage Tips
========
  • Lead off against Deoxys-S, Smeargle and Galvantula.
  • Fake Out then SR or KO with STABs.

Team Options
========
  • Stuff that use SR to clutch some KOs.
  • Stuff that like SR being kept off their side.
  • Above, to a lesser extent.

Last edited:
With the given SpA evs can it also ohko Garchomp or Lando by any chance?
248HP Lando-T requires full investment to even have a chance with SR. Chomp is not far behind the current spread but I'm wary about eating so much into the Attack investment.

Edit: 4 SpA Life Orb Infernape Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 286-338 (89.3 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

56 SpA Life Orb Infernape Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 286-338 (79.8 - 94.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

56 SpA Life Orb Infernape Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Garchomp: 260-307 (72.8 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Am I missing something when I think 220 Atk / 56 Sp Atk / 252 Spd results in more EVs then you are allowed to put into a pokemon? If you were to have 56 Sp Atk the highest attack EVs you could invest is actually 200. 200 Atk / 56 Sp Atk / 252 Spd should be the right spread for this I think.

I thought I fixed that ~_~

edit: wow i had a lot of edits that ive lost. fuck sake.

Last edited:

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not QC, but my thoughts on the Life Orb Attacker:

It looks like this is basically Mixape, in which case I'd recommend slashing either Fire Blast or Overheat in front of Flare Blitz rather than behind it. Infernape is one of the few Pokemon that can offensively stallbreak, since a lot of stall or defensive teams have trouble handling a physical Fighting-type move (targeting Chansey/Blissey, Heatran, Tyranitar, Goodra, etc.), and a special Fire-type move (targeting Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Gliscor, Mega Scizor, weakened Mandibuzz, and so on) coming from the same attacker. Flare Blitz hits all of the aforementioned Pokemon for less damage than Fire Blast does, and the only Pokemon that resist Close Combat that would actually take more damage from Flare Blitz would be most Fairy-types (e.g. Sylveon or Togekiss), which are overall less of an issue than the defensive threats mentioned above.

Next, I think Grass Knot should definitely be mentioned in the moves section, if not slashed somewhere (probably in the last slot, seeing as I disagree with some of the slashed options). Keeping with the stallbreaking thing, Grass Knot has the potential to absolutely wreck Hippowdon, who otherwise has the capability to basically wall Infernape to hell and back, and is a major obstacle to most of Infernape's sweeping partners.

Now for the last slot, I'm not sure how I feel about some of the choices. Thunder Punch is fine, as it goes great damage to Azumarill and Gyarados, which are arguably Infernape's best counters. However, I'm opposed to U-turn being slashed, as the only common things it hits for significant damage are Espeon, Alakazam, Greninja, Latias, and Latios, of which the former three have no business switching into Infernape and the latter two outspeeding should they get in safely. Considering that Infernape's holding Life Orb, is it really worth losing a precious 10% of Infernape's HP to deal a tiny bit of damage to something like Mandibuzz or Mega Venusaur? I don't really think it's worth it, especially considering that grabbing momentum against Pokemon like that isn't really a huge issue.

I have similar feelings about Mach Punch—it's just too weak in my opinion. It barely 2HKOs Mega Gyarados and Terrakion (although it's not guaranteed), and though it does decent damage to Mega Lucario, it can't even OHKO that either, meaning the most it can do against the targets mentioned in the OP in most situations is weaken them through sacrifice, which is really the wrong way to be playing Infernape.

I'd also give Poison Jab a mention. Although it doesn't get boosted by Iron Fist, it still deals pretty good damage to Azumarill and Togekiss, and is Infernape's most reliable method of getting past Sylveon, a very common Pokemon on defensive teams which otherwise walls this set without Flare Blitz.

In addition, Mega Venusaur should be mentioned in the checks and counters section. Thanks to Thick Fat, it can basically sponge anything Infernape throws at it, and Sludge Bomb deals ridiculous damage back. Same deal with Deoxys-D, seeing as Infernape is complete and udder fodder for Deoxys-D to set up on.

Finally, I'd definitely add mention of good late-game sweepers in the Teammates section. As a stallbreaker/wallbreaker, Infernape easily paves the way for its teammates to sweep, but due to its extreme frailty, subpar sweeping speed, and lack of boosting moves, Infernape will almost never do the sweeping itself. Therefore, LO Infernape should always be used alongside late-game sweepers that can clean up the remains of the opponent's team. In addition, keep in mind that Infernape fares extremely poorly against most offensive teams, especially hyper offense. Therefore, fast revenge killers or powerful setup sweepers that can capitalize on the momentum created when Infernape is sacked will ensure that Infernape doesn't go to complete waste when facing an offensive team.

Also, in OO, I'd mention that Infernape receives both Nasty Plot and Swords Dance.

Last edited:
For the abilities: the choice between Blaze and Iron Fist is by no means an easy one. Blaze is most effectively used in conjunction with Flare Blitz, since there is a good chance that you'll get to the Blaze range if u play your Infernape well, thus boosting your primary damagedealing move. However, Iron fist boosts your coverage moves (ThunderPunch and Mach Punch + additional elemental punches), so you'll get around your checks easier. I dunno if Iron Fist gives you significant OHKO/2HKOs, since I didn't do calcs, but the choice between abilities could be opened up more.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
these should be the sets, as detailed in wyvern56's locked analysis:

Mixed Attacker
########
name: Mixed Attacker
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Thunder Punch / U-turn / Mach Punch
ability: Iron Fist / Blaze
evs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe

This is Infernape's best set. It has nice coverage between its dual STABs and whatever moves you pick for the last slot, and can pose a significant offensive threat. Mention Grass Knot in 'Moves'. The reason for Flare Blitz > Fire Blast is pretty much this:

212 Atk Life Orb Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 174-211 (47.8 - 57.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
44 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 143-172 (39.2 - 47.2%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I don't see the point in having enough SpA investment to KO 24 HP Dragonite. They're basically all 4 HP; thus I wouldn't worry about it. I am aware that this is the set you have there, but there are a couple differences so I posted it anyways.

Choice Band
########
name: Choice Band
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Mach Punch / Thunder Punch
item: Choice Band

CB Ape just hits hard. Basically: it's fast, hits a lot of things hard, has U-turn to preserve momentum, and even Iron Fist-boosted STAB priority assuming
you run it. You basically have this already, except I have Mach Punch first. This is for a couple reasons, mainly SD Bisharp and RKing abilities.

Swords Dance
########

This set is something dragonuser introduced to me. I took it for a spin, and like it. Infernape has many of the tools to be a good SD sweeper. It's fast and threatens a variety of Pokemon, so setting up isn't that hard, and after a boost, it poses a ridiculous threat just between its two STABs -- tearing apart many of the tier's defensive Pokemon is no small feat. It also has STAB, Iron Fist-boosted priority that makes RKing easier said than done. All in all, SD Infernape functions as a nice sweeper/hole puncher, and for that reason deserves a set.

Anti-Lead
########
name: Anti-Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Overheat
move 4: Fake Out
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Originally I thought anti-lead Ape was a silly idea at best, but then I faced some and took it for a (albeit short) spin myself. Basically, it sets up SR for you, and prevents other Pokemon from setting up SR. SR is obviously a good form of support, and Fake Out + Overheat allows it to limit Deoxys-S leads. CC is just a nice STAB that there's no reason to forgo.

Scarf could be a set (CC / Overheat or Fire Blast / U-turn / Stone Edge [maybe Rock Slide?] or Thunder Punch, max Atk / max Spe Naive), but I'm not going to pass judgment because I haven't faced one in XY and haven't used it either.

Infernape isn't an amazing choice for OU, but it definitely has some good viable sets that aren't covered in the OP.

I've always wondered why Anti-lead sets prefer Fake Out to Taunt. The biggest reason to use Fake out is to break sashes, but I honestly haven't seen that many Sashes around. Also, Taunt + SR (you will plant SR on the switch) take care of any sash the opponent might have. When I have equipped Taunt, I've had much better control of the hazards on field, and in many occasions Taunt forces the opponent to change their hazard setter to something else, thus giving me the momentum at the very beginning. And contrary to what Jukain said, Infernape's offensive presence isn't so great that the opponent would be forced to switch their turn-1 hazard setter, unless the Pokemon is hit supereffectively by Ape.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've always wondered why Anti-lead sets prefer Fake Out to Taunt. The biggest reason to use Fake out is to break sashes, but I honestly haven't seen that many Sashes around. Also, Taunt + SR (you will plant SR on the switch) take care of any sash the opponent might have. When I have equipped Taunt, I've had much better control of the hazards on field, and in many occasions Taunt forces the opponent to change their hazard setter to something else, thus giving me the momentum at the very beginning. And contrary to what Jukain said, Infernape's offensive presence isn't so great that the opponent would be forced to switch their turn-1 hazard setter, unless the Pokemon is hit supereffectively by Ape.
The point of Fake Out is Deoxys-S, which is the biggest thing Infernape is anti-leading.

The reason I chose 24HP was because it was the recommended spread, but I'll stick to 44 if that suits better. i've been checking in on this thread all day today but I've been too busy/distracted to sit down and make all the updates (and slightly demotivated since I had already made some and lost them). Swords Dance set was something I forgot about but did note it when reading up.

Edit: basically im gonna start on this now

Jukain I remember you slashed Stone Edge in the Anti-Lead set but I never knew why. I was going to include it again but you chose not to this time. Can you elaborate?

Jukain

!_!
Jukain I remember you slashed Stone Edge in the Anti-Lead set but I never knew why. I was going to include it again but you chose not to this time. Can you elaborate?
I rethought and figured Fake Out is important because it limits Deoxys-S's hazards -- that's one of the most important things for it to anti-lead.

Felt like it was getting a bit thin the further on I got but lay it on me QC. I am aware the teammates section could use more examples but I want to get this moving.

Last edited:
Not QC, but my thoughts on the Life Orb Attacker:

It looks like this is basically Mixape, in which case I'd recommend slashing either Fire Blast or Overheat in front of Flare Blitz rather than behind it. Infernape is one of the few Pokemon that can offensively stallbreak, since a lot of stall or defensive teams have trouble handling a physical Fighting-type move (targeting Chansey/Blissey, Heatran, Tyranitar, Goodra, etc.), and a special Fire-type move (targeting Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Gliscor, Mega Scizor, weakened Mandibuzz, and so on) coming from the same attacker. Flare Blitz hits all of the aforementioned Pokemon for less damage than Fire Blast does, and the only Pokemon that resist Close Combat that would actually take more damage from Flare Blitz would be most Fairy-types (e.g. Sylveon or Togekiss), which are overall less of an issue than the defensive threats mentioned above.

Next, I think Grass Knot should definitely be mentioned in the moves section, if not slashed somewhere (probably in the last slot, seeing as I disagree with some of the slashed options). Keeping with the stallbreaking thing, Grass Knot has the potential to absolutely wreck Hippowdon, who otherwise has the capability to basically wall Infernape to hell and back, and is a major obstacle to most of Infernape's sweeping partners.

Now for the last slot, I'm not sure how I feel about some of the choices. Thunder Punch is fine, as it goes great damage to Azumarill and Gyarados, which are arguably Infernape's best counters. However, I'm opposed to U-turn being slashed, as the only common things it hits for significant damage are Espeon, Alakazam, Greninja, Latias, and Latios, of which the former three have no business switching into Infernape and the latter two outspeeding should they get in safely. Considering that Infernape's holding Life Orb, is it really worth losing a precious 10% of Infernape's HP to deal a tiny bit of damage to something like Mandibuzz or Mega Venusaur? I don't really think it's worth it, especially considering that grabbing momentum against Pokemon like that isn't really a huge issue.

I have similar feelings about Mach Punch—it's just too weak in my opinion. It barely 2HKOs Mega Gyarados and Terrakion (although it's not guaranteed), and though it does decent damage to Mega Lucario, it can't even OHKO that either, meaning the most it can do against the targets mentioned in the OP in most situations is weaken them through sacrifice, which is really the wrong way to be playing Infernape.

I'd also give Poison Jab a mention. Although it doesn't get boosted by Iron Fist, it still deals pretty good damage to Azumarill and Togekiss, and is Infernape's most reliable method of getting past Sylveon, a very common Pokemon on defensive teams which otherwise walls this set without Flare Blitz.

In addition, Mega Venusaur should be mentioned in the checks and counters section. Thanks to Thick Fat, it can basically sponge anything Infernape throws at it, and Sludge Bomb deals ridiculous damage back. Same deal with Deoxys-D, seeing as Infernape is complete and udder fodder for Deoxys-D to set up on.

Finally, I'd definitely add mention of good late-game sweepers in the Teammates section. As a stallbreaker/wallbreaker, Infernape easily paves the way for its teammates to sweep, but due to its extreme frailty, subpar sweeping speed, and lack of boosting moves, Infernape will almost never do the sweeping itself. Therefore, LO Infernape should always be used alongside late-game sweepers that can clean up the remains of the opponent's team. In addition, keep in mind that Infernape fares extremely poorly against most offensive teams, especially hyper offense. Therefore, fast revenge killers or powerful setup sweepers that can capitalize on the momentum created when Infernape is sacked will ensure that Infernape doesn't go to complete waste when facing an offensive team.

Also, in OO, I'd mention that Infernape receives both Nasty Plot and Swords Dance.
I Agree, LO Overheat/FireBlast Mixed Infernape doesn't struggle as hard as the LO Flareblitz Mixed Infernape does. It doesn't have to worry about getting King Shielded by Aegislash it OHKO's Skarm after rocks and beats the Skarm Bliss Core even better. Also Flare Blitz + LO damage racks up to quickly and at times having Infernape at a certain amount of HP is key in some battles to live priority. I would Highly recommend slashing Overheat/FireBlast.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========
  • Has enough tools to be a good SD sweeper.
  • +2 Dual STABs are a ridiculous threat, tearing apart a lot of defensive threats.
  • Iron Boosted STAB Mach Punch is, again, good for RKing and prevents some priority or faster threats from ending your sweep
  • Thunder Punch is an option for better coverage but +2 STABs are usually good enough.

Set Details
========
  • Forgoes coverage and move changing for raw power.
Just a small correction, with the sword dance set I don't think you need to put in that it forgoes move changing as it can change moves (but keep forgoes coverage for obvious reasons).

I updated with that change and slashed in Fire Blast. I was hoping for more QC team input on it but the King's Shield mention sealed the deal for me.

Edit: I'll add Overheat, I promise. Just woke up and posting on my mobile. Feeling sick as hell so give me some time. :P

Last edited:
I updated with that change and slashed in Fire Blast. I was hoping for more QC team input on it but the King's Shield mention sealed the deal for me.
That's one of the reasons why i thought fire blast was a good option. I recommend thinking of using Overheat over Fire Blast in this case as we both (as do many others) think that Aegislash is one big reason to not use a contact move to take it out.

This is because with the spread currently chosen for the mixed attacker Fire Blast does:
44 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 234-276 (89.6 - 105.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

But Overheat does:
44 SpA Life Orb Infernape Overheat vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 276-328 (105.7 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

These two sets utilize 2 popular sets that I consistently see from Aegislash with 4 Sp Def investment only and no HP as its either invested in SP Atk to go mixed with Shadow Ball (personally my most seen version of Aegislash) and one that invests in speed. Link to the near-complete analysis by Alexwolf: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/aegislash-qc-2-3.3495292/. It's the latter 2 builds there of the 3.

So overheat has 100% chance to OHKO but fire blast nearly misses the KO at 30%, not to mention the lesser accuracy and needing to hit it with that accuracy. The thing that makes the special attack drop not too bad on mixape is that after the drop you can continue to pummel opponents with Close Combat, Thunder Punch, Mach Punch, or U-Turn, whichever are on your moveset. So it's something to consider, and I'm sure it nabs a couple more KOs else where but I didn't check yet. Just thought since Aegislash is one reason to use a non-contact fire move, then choosing one that OHKOs is pretty huge.

Also forgot to mention, with the other possible set for Aegislash where it goes 240 Hp along with that 4 Sp Def, Overheat still has 12.5% chance to OHKO:
44 SpA Life Orb Infernape Overheat vs. 240 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 276-328 (85.9 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
Where as Fire Blast completely misses that KO even with stealth rock. With stealth rock its a clean 50% chance to OHKO with overheat:
44 SpA Life Orb Infernape Overheat vs. 240 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 276-328 (85.9 - 102.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Btw I'm not saying that means Overheat deserves to replace Fire Blast, nor get a first slash, but perhaps at least a slash with a quick explanation of the OHKOs it gets or mention in the "Moves" section?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)