DOU Community Create-a-Team! Slot #5 DISCUSSIN'

Matame

New Rules

Lando i has less utility than lando t, but it has the ability to ko hella bulky threats like jirachi and aegi. Also a single target ground move is less detrimental to your own team. it has great coverage that can score koes on unsuspecting common threats and has a cool speed tier.
Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
208 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gardevoir: 264-312 (94.9 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
thats a risk you cant take.

also we have to consider that most diancie teams will have a aegislash or jirachi for support. Both of who have good matchups against Gard. Gengar does well vs Jirachi, but cannot OHKO it. Gengar also does big damage vs Aegi but cannot OHKO it either.

To beat the Aegi+Diancie we need to beat faster than 110 and not walled by wide guard. Talonflame or Thundy work. Or have good defensive match vs them; swampert and suicune work.

against Diancie + jirach we need to OHKO jirachi and survive diancie moves. Bisharp and talonflame work if they have support. Or wall diancie and 2hko Jirachi, swampert does that. Or go with EQ, landoT.

we are running 3 attack zapados. our speed control is icy wind gengar. A second form of speed control is necessary. which makes scarf LandoT a legit option as it works vs diancie.

I think lando t is better than lando i for this team cuz lando t is a much better talonflame check, and garde hates talonflame. Also, it's just generally better. Also, why the fuck are we running three attacks zapdos?

208 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gardevoir: 198-234 (71.2 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

nice singles calc

edit: but yeah lando t sounds fine; roost > hp ice on zap

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
3 attack zapdos let us take out landoT, CharY, and Venu/steels. you could not do this with 2 attacks.
with 2 attacks and roost zapados kills momentum in many scenarios. with icy wind gengar and having max speed on our starting core, tailwind is not something we need

edit: oops. I forgot to click doubles in calc. still a gard has terrible match up vs dianice considering it is slower and the steel types you see next to diancies

icy wind gengar isn't the greatest of speed control. also heat wave hits weak as piss:

144+ SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 72+ SpD Amoonguss: 154-182 (35.6 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

144+ SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 108-128 (33.3 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

144+ SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 272-320 (77.2 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
amoongus is non threat with psychic gard and goggles on zapados

Gard+gengar has problems vs bisharp and sun venu
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 208-246 (54.1 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
144+ SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur in Sun: 230-272 (76.4 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

ok all this really does is deal with sun venu as it cannot OHKO bisharp

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Agreeing with Lando-T over Lando-I, we already have two ground-immunes to click EQ beside anyway. Also, Mega Gardevoir does about the same in return to Mega Diancie after taking a Diamond Storm: 252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Diancie: 172-204 (71.3 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and that also can't be redirected by Jirachi.

Echoing previous sentiments as well that we need roost on Zapdos - that allows it to be a more reliable check to the things it needs to check for the team, such as Sun and Talonflame. Also HP Ice still does respectable damage to Venusaur: 176+ SpA Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur: 134-158 (44.5 - 52.4%) -- 17.2% chance to 2HKO - with Life Orb damage that's basically a 2HKO. I also use a slightly different Zapdos spread:
252 HP / 36 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 16 Spe with a Modest Nature (this is Kyle's spread from the EV compendium, it OHKOs Lando-T with HP Ice and Keldeo with TBolt, lives two Lando-T Rock Slides or a MDiancie Diamond Storm, outspeeds 240s, and dumps in SpD). I'd recommend a switch to this because it helps give our team a little more backbone and Zapdos doesn't need to outspeed Breloom if it has Goggles anyway.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
I'd be in favor of changing the zapados to that spread

we should add a fire type to take out steels like aegislash, jirachi, (gengar is not sufficient) ferro
a physical preferably, as gard is weak in defense, steelwing talonflame is the way to go imo
it helps with sun match up too. because charY will outspeed the zapados and double target from charY+venu kills it before it can attack. it cannot do that with talonflame

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The team needs a rock resist in general. Diancie and Lando-T can be stopped with this team, sure, but not if some stuff is weakened for Diancie to spam Diamond Storm first or if Rock Slide gets flinches.

Fake Out support could also be very nice for helping Zapdos get Tailwind up, seeing as its not a bulky spread and lacks both Roost and Protect. Thinking Hariyama (speed invested) might be neat. Alternatively, Sash Breloom is a classic Zapdos partner and could work here.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Bughouse were you thinking something like this? I made it fast enough to outspeed 110s under TW, max Attack, enough SpD to live Hoopa-U Hyperspace Hole, and rest in Def. Heavy Slam is for Diancie, although Wide Guard or Quick Guard could work there with a Life Orb set or something. Bullet Punch is also an option with no speed investment for a better TR matchup

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 60 SpD / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Heavy Slam

Edit: Guts is also an option to have a switchin to status

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yup, thetalkingtree that's exactly the set I've used before (with Guts, not Thick Fat). But tbh here we might want to go Thick Fat, like you said, and a rock move, bc we can't hit Char-Y all that hard yet atm. Zapdos does not OHKO. Not so sure we need Knock Off.

If we go Bullet Punch, though, we should probably go Guts w/ Orb, so that it actually hits a Diancie hard enough lol. 40 BP unstabbed is nothing.

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
double-fairy is pretty ehh so I think we should pass on Azumarill because it stacks that fairy. That said Jirachi sounds good here, though it doesn't like being with Zapdos so much, the two can work together alright, and Jirachi Gardevoir is a lot of fun

double-fairy is pretty ehh so I think we should pass on Azumarill because it stacks that fairy. That said Jirachi sounds good here, though it doesn't like being with Zapdos so much, the two can work together alright, and Jirachi Gardevoir is a lot of fun
What's wrong with stacking fairy aside from having similar coverage???
Also, Azumarill w/ Knock Off deals with Aegislash a lot better than Jirachi which walls both Jirachi and Gardevoir while going ehhhh against Zapdos' weak af Heat Wave and I guess does in a way lose to Gengar, but beware the WP activation.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Look who's late
<----------

Regardless, we gotta pick our fourth mon! Based on the discussion at hand, vote for the mon that you want for the fourth slot in bold! In addition, please put some reasoning in your vote even if only a bit!

I know this system is somewhat flawed (I think) and I will try to think of something, but right now, let's do this!

Lando T
Lando beats aegislash, talonflame, and heatran; all of which are pretty annoying to deal with for mega garde. also, its a pretty good mon or something

Matame

New Rules
Lando I

Beats everything that lando t beats and more with its nifty coverage. Actually ko'es jirachi and aegislash and has a cool typing that goes incredibly well with gard.

talkingtree

large if factual
Lando T would be nice for all the reasons megacyber stated, also provides Intimidate support to help patch Mega Gardevoir's low Defense and can EQ fairly safely with two ground-immunes already.

EDIT: That being said, I'm actually going to change my vote to Hariyama because it's a cool mon and fits well here. Also Bughouse pointed out that Lando-T is boring

Last edited:
Didnt i siggest fat Landog last round? >:[

Really not much to say, megacyber and tree covered it all. Sitrus just gives us more switch ins

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Yes. Consider bisharp or a strong attacker that can take has a good gard match up next to a Thundy with hp ice. Lando is dead.
Or consider a diancie next to an wide guard aegislash.
That is another poor match up for our team.

Swampert does much better in both those scenarios while also serving as Heatran, talon, and lando check. Also it has a better rain match than lando does.

Lando has intimate but we have wisp gengar. So it is not necessary to have

Vote Swampert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)