DOU Community Create-a-Team! Slot #5 DISCUSSIN'

xzern's Roxer's Mega Abomasnow + Tail Glow & Blizzard Manaphy
I love how the credit goes to somebody else by mistake, but really this core is very interesting.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
KyleCole's DD XZard + FM Jirachi and deoxys speed lol's MGard + Gengar were tied this week! We ran a quick poll on the PS! Room to see which core they'd prefer as a starting point for the CCaT, and deoxys speed lol's MGard + Gengar won! Congrats! The OP will be updated.

This time, we're going to pick out a mon for slot #3 to further support the core. What does this core need? Any weaknesses? Let's get those submissions flowing!

Deadline on Sunday, GMT noon

Last edited:
hi we lose to talon so

Landorus-Therian @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 116 Def / 92 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Protect

Really anything that helps beat talon/subtran helps this, I'm prob just gonna vote for the person that posts the best lando-t set anyway but just throwing this idea out here

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

And also Gengar Sash -> Goggles for sand damage
This discourages Talonflame a lot and keeps constant damage coming down on bulkier opponents so that hyper voice/this mon's rock slide can deal more damage. diancie becomes more of an issue because of this though and kanga/lando-t have more fun against us but again, this is just a thought. Either way we could add better checks to those things later in the process.

Yellow Magic (Thundurus) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 16 SpA / 128 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Gotta have them talon checks kids. I know many people prefer offensive thundy, but gard really appreciates the speed control and when you can live 3 landog rock slides why not take advantage of that.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
not only does the core lose to Talonflame but Heatran as well. LandoT makes a good addition vs heatran and talon. But LandoT getting locked into either EQ which may mean Gard has to switch out or rock slide which may not even break Heatran's sub.

Last weeks sleeper of the week makes a perfect addition to this week's team

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Protect

In addition to countering Heatran and Talonflame, Swamperts max SpA and and STAB Earth Power let it take out Steels such as Mega Metagross, Bisharp, and Aegislash, Jirachi. Swamperts typing and moves let it wall many other common threats out there such as Diancie and Thundorus. Sitrus Berry and Max HP allow it to stay around a long time. So its bulk, and not getting locked into moves, and typing make it a better pick than Lando-T.

first of all that core struggles with many archetypes of teams, Diancie is an obvious threat as I believe it can OHKO Gardevoir and bring Gengar to sash, Sun can switch into 2 Hyper Voices with Bulky Zard and follow up with Overheat, Venusaur is also a pain in the butt with Sleep Powder, and Rain can just beat Gard down with constant damage, and if the Rain team packs Diancie or Swampert (!) it can be a death sentence. Also, Talonflame and Heatran are a pain.

Looking at that, an Electric type obviously fits the deal alright, while it wont help with Diancie, it helps with the Rain matchup, it can beat Charizard-Y and serves as a Talonflame check. The Diancie problem can be later fixed with Landorus-Therian, which will serve as another Talon switch and will intimidate Kangaskhan to help out, it'll also beat Heatran 1v1, but since it can't switch, at least one Fire resist in the last slot will be needed.

This is how I believe the team will follow: MGarde + Gengar > Electric Type with Speed control > Landorus-Therian > Fire-resist > Glue/Filler that beats Ferrothorn.

with that out of the way, I'll make my nomination: Zapdos.

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 112 Spe
- Hidden Power Ice
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
Zapdos does the same as Bulky Thundurus, provides speed control and BoltBeam coverage, however, Thundurus is simply not bulky enough to run that set anymore and is, in my opinion, better off with an offensive set. Because of that, when looking for a bulky electric zapdos should be the optimal choice. While Tailwind doesn't make your opponent want to click X, it allows our Pokemon to outspeed Ground types, it's also a field condition boosting everyone in your team and not concentrating the speed control on a single pokemon, which in my opinion is more beneficial in our case. The set is standard by all means, Safety Goggles allows us to ignore powder moves and residual damage and Tailwind provides speed control, whilst my offensive moves provide Solid coverage.
But ok, why do I have Heat Wave and not Roost? Simply put, it's to lure in Grass types that switch into Thunderbolt, it also does a good job of scaring troublesome Steels such as Mega Metagross and >>>Bisharp<<<. This would also solve our Ferrothorn problem that I mentioned in the hide tag, as Zapdos can switch into any of its moves and OHKO back unexpectedly. This will also do upwards do 90% to Venusaur in Sun, and Amoonguss takes a good chunk >35%~ , putting it guranteedely in range for Mega Gard Psyshock.
Adding to all of that, Zapdos would give us another option for the obviously coming Landorus-Therian to spam EQ beside, it's also a damn fine switch-in to it as it can take 3 Rock Slides while investing into offense, thing Bulky Thundurus cannot do.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Helps with sun, talonflame, and opposing Heatran. Next we'd need to fix rain.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Defensive check to Talon, Steels, etc. Running Flamethrower over Heat Wave to fuck with Wide Guard Aegislash. Also you can Will-o Heatran w/ your own Gengar for memes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)