DOU Community Create-a-Team! Slot #5 DISCUSSIN'

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Hydreigon seems like an easy option here, covers a variety of steels while also having nice synergy with LandoT and Gardevoir

Also a decent-ish rain check

e: I thought we were already done with #4 but in case it matters I'm voting landot

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
psychology is interesting imo

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

Loyalty to the group requires individuals to avoid raising controversial issues or alternative solutions, and there is loss of individual creativity, uniqueness and independent thinking. The dysfunctional group dynamics of the "ingroup" produces an "illusion of invulnerability" (an inflated certainty that the right decision has been made). Thus the "ingroup" significantly overrates its own abilities in decision-making, and significantly underrates the abilities of its opponents (the "outgroup"). Furthermore, groupthink can produce dehumanizing actions against the "outgroup".
Lando is safe pick for any team we choose to build

I mean dude we already have Gardevoir+Gengar+Zapdos, how much more "innovative" do you want us to get before we can start adding one of the most viable mons in the meta game 3:

edit: I just had an idea for the CCAT project, we should at the end vote if we want slots changed or not and go by majority, and repeat until the majority votes "no changes". Looking into the future of the team, this could get into some rough patches with things like 3 attacks Zapdos and stuff 3:
Not saying 3 attacks Zapdos is particularly bad but it's not quite the best idea for the team because as stated by n1n1 previously, we are noticeably diancie weak. Lando-T helps which is why it's a good choice, but like Swampert is a cool option too that stops the Diamond Storms w/ Wide Guard and beats Heatran/Talon.

edit 2: that sounded like I was implying lando-t doesn't beat heatran and talon,,,
but I mean it beats them without locking itself into moves and is bulkier than it+resists fire.

Last edited:
To be honest, I think Lando is one of the best picks we could choose for this slot. It has the highest usage of any mon for a reason you know. Also, I didn't mention this before, but with both intimidate and will o wisp gar, we can run a bulky gardevoir set much more effectively than we'd be able to do otherwise

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Derivatives we were already gonna do that once we got the six mons; I'm p sure I said that in the OP (WHICH Y'ALL SHOULD READ)

I actually kinda like the idea of Swampert, as it does give us a way of beating MDiancie as well as a Fire-resist, helpful against Heatran. It also has a decent match-up against Landorus-T, kinda. Still, I wouldn't be against the idea of copping out to Landorus-T; it's rarely the wrong choice and patches up the weaknesses we have atm rather decently.

On another note, I realize that I didn't actually set a proper deadline. It's supposed to be a 24-hour voting but I'll make it 48 just this round, just to help adjust and stuff.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
In a pretty obvious majority, we're selecting Landorus-T as our fourth mon!

These mons are what we have right now, and Zapdos's set can be revised later. Now it's time for our fifth mon! Ending discussion again on the 26th o,o

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
painfully weak to rain, still pretty weak to sun. Also very weak to scarfers faster than Lando-T, ie Kyu-B. We may just need to go with the OG speed tier busting Talonflame.

I'd recommend a support Pokemon to try to fix those issues, but we already sorta have 2 in Gengar and Zapdos, and Lando-T is scarfed, so it can't take too much advantage of support either.

painfully weak to rain, still pretty weak to sun. Also very weak to scarfers faster than Lando-T, ie Kyu-B. We may just need to go with the OG speed tier busting Talonflame.

I'd recommend a support Pokemon to try to fix those issues, but we already sorta have 2 in Gengar and Zapdos, and Lando-T is scarfed, so it can't take too much advantage of support either.
maybe ferro could be ok, it hard stops kyub and rain. The only thing id worry about is that the team is a bit too passive for me at that point, but I think it could still work. Another steel breaker would be nice, but i'm not sure which id pick, maybe bisharp

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
still dont like our diancie match up. if it has def boosts or wide guard lando is irrelevant

I have a solution that will lead to a cool team. but it would make the final weak of team building very limited

Politoed

next week we would add Kingdra or Ludicolo

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
garde rain is pretty cool but I think you'd end up replacing zappy and landot if you were to do that, say with a talonflame and another steels check

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Zapdos Heat Wave on a Rain team will hit like a wet tissue - I'm with check on this one, although the idea sounds cool it would require some restructuring.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Jirachi actually sounds great to me - with TWave over Icy Wind to put Swift Swimmers in their place. If we run Goggles, we could also free up a spot for Zapdos to run Rocky Helmet and improve our Kang matchup. Plus like n1n1 said, it beats Diancie and has HH for Garde should we choose to run it. We could also run a set that avoids the OHKO from LO Talon Flare Blitz, allowing it to redirect that so that one of our other teammates can take it out.

We'd need some sort of a Bisharp check for sure in the 6th spot, probably a Fighting type to also give us a more reliable way to KO Kang than locking into Superpower on Lando-T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)