Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If I were you I'll get a better one, sorry :(

Also I have a dumb question, with Celebi becoming more and more common is it foolish to teach my Rotom-W Signal Beam?

Thank you for the help AfroThunder! I'm very new at this, so I'm not very qualified to address your question, sorry about that :(. I am watching the Yankee game right now tho, haha. I like your symbol....

Followup question....I have a neutral nature Timburr with Max IVs in every stat....would that one be a good choice even tho it doesn't have an attack improving nature?

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, so I am wondering, what exactly is the Self-KO clause. I had always thought it meant that if you KO your opponents last Pokemon, but KO your last Pokemon at the same time, then you lose. However, I was just battling on PO on the RU ladder when someone ended the battle with their Entei KOing itself and my Venomoth with Flare Blitz, and PO said that they won via Self-KO clause.

So is this clause something different than what I thought, or is that a problem with the implementation?

Ok, so I am wondering, what exactly is the Self-KO clause. I had always thought it meant that if you KO your opponents last Pokemon, but KO your last Pokemon at the same time, then you lose. However, I was just battling on PO on the RU ladder when someone ended the battle with their Entei KOing itself and my Venomoth with Flare Blitz, and PO said that they won via Self-KO clause.

So is this clause something different than what I thought, or is that a problem with the implementation?
The Self Ko clause is that if you ko your opponents pokemon but take recoil and die, you win. However, if you ko them with destiny bond or explosion, your opponent wins.

Followup question....I have a neutral nature Timburr with Max IVs in every stat....would that one be a good choice even tho it doesn't have an attack improving nature?
I don't see why not, you're going to need the extra IVs without the attack improving nature. The only time I'd not give max IVs in attack would be with a specially attacking pokemon, where I want to minimise damage taken from confusion, if you know what I mean.

I'd suggest to breed the Timburr further (with one of the opposite gender w/ good nature and Everstone) and try to pass on the IV's. Neutral natures leave so much to be desired.

Okay, so I made this really cool RU partial Trick Room team the other day and was wondering if someone could help me with two flaws that I'm facing as of now.

This is the team -

Slowking
Sceptile
Zangoose
Throh
Audino
Armaldo

Anyways, problem 1)
Which should I use in the lead position, Armaldo or Slowking?
Okay I know that with their speed stats they'd both make pretty crappy leads, but compared to the rest of my team they're the only two viable options and I can't choose. Armaldo is arguably the better lead with SR and Rapid Spin, but I don't know if I'd want to waste his awesome sweeping capabilities (under TR) by doing that to him. Slowking is really a half lead, half special wall, and his primary function in the lead position is to just set up Trick Room and get out.
I'm currently running Slowking as my lead and this is his set;

Slowking @ Lefties; Calm; Regenerator
252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 SpD
-Trick Room
-Toxic
-Scald
-Calm Mind

I'm not running Slack Off because I needed room for TR and also I'm using Regenerator anyways. This is Armaldo, who is currently my sweeper;

Armaldo @ ?; Brave; Battle Armor
128 HP, 252 Atk, 128 Def
-Swords Dance
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

If I put Armaldo in lead, I'd switch out SD for SR and possibly switch around the EVs and go Adamant over Brave.

Problem 2)
What item should I put on my Armaldo? I can't Band him, and Sceptile already has Life Orb. Should I be running Life Orb on Armaldo too, or is that risky? and should I use EQ over X-Scissor?

Pokemon Online (also abbreviated as PO) is the pokemon battling simulator that Smogon currently uses. It is a downloaded file, so you won't be able to use it in a browser.
Here is the site where you can find the download link. The download link can be accessed by clicking the download button. If you can't find it...well...then I really don't know what to say to you...

Does anyone know if the birthday Togekiss is always male like the Eeveelutions were? My birthday was last week and my Togekiss is male.

not sure if this is exactly the right place for this, but I figure it can be answered quickly by someone who knows.

vaporeon + bronzong = good dual screener and wish support and good type synergy

is magnezone a common enough threat to change bronzong to deoxys-d or some other effective screener? It's a DW OU team btw if that matters.

Bronzong isn't exactly frail and can use EQ for Magnezone (and Heatran if needed).
But if you are already filled with moves, either change the item for Bronzong to a Shed Shell or change Bronzong altogether. It would be nice to know what team you have and what style it is, but w/e.

EQ works. I think I was trying to make him do too much with screens and stealth rock. now that you've mentioned it, I see I don't really need stealth rock so there's room for earthquake. thanks.

Okay, so I made this really cool RU partial Trick Room team the other day and was wondering if someone could help me with two flaws that I'm facing as of now.

This is the team -

Slowking
Sceptile
Zangoose
Throh
Audino
Armaldo

Anyways, problem 1)
Which should I use in the lead position, Armaldo or Slowking?
Okay I know that with their speed stats they'd both make pretty crappy leads, but compared to the rest of my team they're the only two viable options and I can't choose. Armaldo is arguably the better lead with SR and Rapid Spin, but I don't know if I'd want to waste his awesome sweeping capabilities (under TR) by doing that to him. Slowking is really a half lead, half special wall, and his primary function in the lead position is to just set up Trick Room and get out.
I'm currently running Slowking as my lead and this is his set;

Slowking @ Lefties; Calm; Regenerator
252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 SpD
-Trick Room
-Toxic
-Scald
-Calm Mind

I'm not running Slack Off because I needed room for TR and also I'm using Regenerator anyways. This is Armaldo, who is currently my sweeper;

Armaldo @ ?; Brave; Battle Armor
128 HP, 252 Atk, 128 Def
-Swords Dance
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

If I put Armaldo in lead, I'd switch out SD for SR and possibly switch around the EVs and go Adamant over Brave.

Problem 2)
What item should I put on my Armaldo? I can't Band him, and Sceptile already has Life Orb. Should I be running Life Orb on Armaldo too, or is that risky? and should I use EQ over X-Scissor?
You really should be deciding your lead based on Team Preview, but if you have another rocks user, stick with Slowking. I don't see a problem with Life Orb on Armaldo, except that it will take recoil when you spin, which can hurt. Check what KO's it achieves with and without, and decide from there. Considering you're playing in the Cress-infested RU, I'd try and use X-Scissor if at all possible, but it does leave you walled by a few things.

I'm wondering if the offspring of an illegal pokemon is legal? As far as i know, pid is generated after the poke is created so it should be clean but i don't want any implication.

I would prefer to obtain everything legally but the difficulty of getting stuff like dw mamoswine is too hard. And no, i wont make my owb illegal mamoswine since im just wondering if i can get a clean dw swinub by breeding my friend's mamoswine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)