Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

For what do you need the 68 speed evs on vaporeon? Which pokemon can you outspeed with this spread? Thx for your answers.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For what do you need the 68 speed evs on vaporeon? Which pokemon can you outspeed with this spread? Thx for your answers.
From the EV section of the Vaporeon analysis:

68 Speed EVs allow Vaporeon to outspeed most Choice Band Metagross and Skarmory. 64 Speed EVs usually will also suffice, but 68 Speed EVs provide extra insurance against base 65s and 70s. You can allocate some of these EVs into Special Attack or Special Defense if you are confident that Metagross and Skarmory will not invest in much Speed.

Are there any ideas that can be given to have a successful Mismagius, Ursaring, Ludicolo, Roserade team? (additional Pokemon is subjective...or Lucario)

I wish to try and make use of Ludicolo's Swift Swim if possible. Hopefully this isn't asking too much.

Alright, I'm hoping the answer you give me will save a decent 3 hours of my life here. I'm working on an RMT right now and I'm working pretty hard to make it look good. I want one of those threat lists that covers every pokemon, and then goes into detail about how to counter all the roles those pokemon can for fill...that made no sense so here's an example RMT that has the threat list I'm looking at: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69916
What I want to know is how to copy and paste that all into my own RMT (changing the words obviously). When I try copy & paste I get the text but the pictures don't come through, in addition to any colors, bold words, etc. that the original post had. I'm assuming this is something you have to do manually but a lot of these threat lists are starting to look identical and I have a feeling there is an easier way to reproduce them. Thanks a lot!
~Dusk

Hello, is there a calculator or a method to save and ensure no EVs are wasted after aiming for a defensive bench mark? For example, if I want to make sure a 0 SpA Neutral Nature Swampert will never do 40% or more (max damage 39.9% and below) to a Jirachi with Surf, so I can go 228 HP 0 SpD or 0 HP 152 Spd. But is there a better spread that mix both HP and SpD while saving more EVs and end up with the same result, and how do I find it? If I'm not wrong I can't do that with the Smogon damage calculator or Sarenji and X-Act's excellent Defense EVs and FixEVs applets. Thanks alot!

Okay, so I am currently making a new team, some sort of new style of play which includes semi stall and balance. After revising my team and doing several matches I notice that I lack healing and that my pokemon around late game have too low hp and in late game something like a agility sweeper can finish my team. That's not the point. Since I can't remove any of my pokemon without drastically changing the flow of my team, I was forced to make the lead of my team a wish passer.

Unfortunately no standard leads are wish passer's, so I had to do the next best thing. I would turn a standard lead and use a different set for them so that I could possibly bluff the lead set and stuff.

My attempt lead was a wish passing jirachi with some few adjustments.

240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish @ Leftovers
~Wish
~Stealth Rocks
~Thunder Wave
~Iron Head

Standard wish passer, with SR instead of u-turn simple right? Wrong. Unfortunately this jirachi doesn't fair well with other leads and also the lack of u-turn makes it worse.

So I need help with a new lead that can wish pass and that will be useful mid game and on the lead spot. It can still be a jirachi lead it just needs to tweak it's EVs, but I'm not sure how though.

The wish passing lead must do well with normal leads, and have the ability to set up SR. Also they should have the power to do statues (optional but preferred)

I was thinking that I could replace Iron Head with u-turn or TW with u-turn but I'm not to sure. If someone could help me with that, I would very happy. Also if someone could help me tweak the EVs so I can face stranded leads better it would be helpful to.

Thank you for taking to time to read this ~EpicTurtle

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
@ EpicTurtle: Jirachi is probably the best lead with Wish unfortunately, and the only other lead with Wish I have tested is Vaporeon, who of course does not set up SR. (Modest 188def 252spatk 68 spe, Mystic Water/Lum berry, Hydro Pump|Wish|Protect|Quick Attack. It beats pretty much every lead bar Roserade 1 to 1, but was setup bait outside of the lead position.) The Jirachi set you have up there really isn't bad and should set up SR in most situations (people very rarely Taunt because they expect Scarf). Replacing Twave is probably the best option if you want U-turn, and you may want to try Lum berry because it helps against Roserade, Smeargle and Machamp.

Otherwise I would recommend telling us the rest of your team so that we can make changes elsewhere in order to provide you with wish support or eliminate the need for it. Alternatively we may find that one of your existing pokemon can be made into an effective lead

@ jc104, Well I don't want to make this into a RMT ;D but I will give you the basic of my team, so the lead jirachi, scarf gengar, support shaymin, bulky DD gyrados, torment heatran, specially defensive fortress with RS, TS, Spikes and Gyro Ball. The only pokemon that can be a lead is fortress which frankly isn't so good as a lead.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I disagree entirely about Forretress, who is actually a pretty good lead (probably about as effective as Jirachi). Forretress sets up easily on opponents like Swampert, hippowdon and Metagross and can toy with others like Aerodactyl thanks to Rapid Spin. Anyway, with this sort of team I advise you not to worry so much about the lead, and concentrate more on getting everything you need up and consistently checking every threat.

Here is a link to a very good RMT that uses Forretress as a lead.

Alternatively you could try lead Roserade, replacing Shaymin, taking some pressure off your forretress, or even allowing you to use the often more effective Skarmory. Just a thought.

Alright, I'm hoping the answer you give me will save a decent 3 hours of my life here. I'm working on an RMT right now and I'm working pretty hard to make it look good. I want one of those threat lists that covers every pokemon, and then goes into detail about how to counter all the roles those pokemon can for fill...that made no sense so here's an example RMT that has the threat list I'm looking at: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69916
What I want to know is how to copy and paste that all into my own RMT (changing the words obviously). When I try copy & paste I get the text but the pictures don't come through, in addition to any colors, bold words, etc. that the original post had. I'm assuming this is something you have to do manually but a lot of these threat lists are starting to look identical and I have a feeling there is an easier way to reproduce them. Thanks a lot!
~Dusk

in my HG game, i have a timid gengar, and i want to teach him thunderbolt, flamethrower, and focus blast (it already knows Shadow Ball). I'm planning on transferring the TMs required from Diamond to HG.

NOTE: diamond and HG are pre-national dex.

QUESTION:
if i transfer a Pokemon from Diamond to HG, will they both get the national Dex like in RSE??

ANOTHER QUESTION:
if i use the IV checker code on HG, will it make the game slower? (my diamond game runs a bit slower in battle after i used the code)

in my HG game, i have a timid gengar, and i want to teach him thunderbolt, flamethrower, and focus blast (it already knows Shadow Ball). I'm planning on transferring the TMs required from Diamond to HG.

NOTE: diamond and HG are pre-national dex.

QUESTION:
if i transfer a Pokemon from Diamond to HG, will they both get the national Dex like in RSE??

ANOTHER QUESTION:
if i use the IV checker code on HG, will it make the game slower? (my diamond game runs a bit slower in battle after i used the code)
While I haven't tested this myself, I've heard that you don't get the National Dex and the Pokémon will just appear as No. ??? until you do get the National Dex.

Also, I use the IV/EV checker code on my SS game and have not noticed any slowness at all.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
It's more or less the same, but Platinum has the Pokeradar if you are looking for SID or shinies, so I would use that.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Actually, I remember now that the poketch is fabulous for RNG, even better than elm, so I would definitely go with Platinum. It also has more legends for collecting with RNG :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)