Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Yer i got a question. Just for giggles i went on my pokemon yellow to try out this cheat to get mew by pressing start whilest encountering a bald man.... and it worked theres more to it than that but i think that statement is a testement to how cool it is. My question was is there any way to get a mew onto my pokemon diamond or pearl?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does Soul Dew work in the Battle Tower? I've heard you can attach it, but it won't actually boost SpA and SpD.
You heard right, Soul Dew has no effect there.

Yer i got a question. Just for giggles i went on my pokemon yellow to try out this cheat to get mew by pressing start whilest encountering a bald man.... and it worked theres more to it than that but i think that statement is a testement to how cool it is. My question was is there any way to get a mew onto my pokemon diamond or pearl?
Outside of cheats and hacks, you have to catch the Mew on Emerald's Faraway Island (you get there using a Japanese event item released in 2005) and then Pal Park it to Diamond and Pearl.

Heatran sucks horribly. Scizor looks much better and Bullet Punch can save you from DDers. Whereas one Earthquake and Heatran is dead. Why is he currently the most used pokemon?

You heard right, Soul Dew has no effect there.
No wonder my Latias feels so gimped =/ Question: Is there any fast way to raise happiness of a pokemon?

Secondary Question: Do Daisy and Haircut Brothers have some kind of internal timer or something to mark that you've already had a haircut today?

No wonder my Latias feels so gimped =/ Question: Is there any fast way to raise happiness of a pokemon?

Secondary Question: Do Daisy and Haircut Brothers have some kind of internal timer or something to mark that you've already had a haircut today?
1)I use Vitamins and EV lowering berries. (You can get some of the berries off the Pokewalker)

2)No, but they do keep track of it, and if you change your system's internal clock, then the game punishes you by freezing daily events for a couple days.

Heatran sucks horribly. Scizor looks much better and Bullet Punch can save you from DDers. Whereas one Earthquake and Heatran is dead. Why is he currently the most used pokemon?
Yes, Scizor might be considered better, but they do not exist in a vacuum. Heatran is used because the current metagame calls for it.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heatran has a ton of useful resistances, not to mention his Flash Fire ability means he gets a boost every time he switches in on a fire attack aimed at Pokemon like Scizor. Heatran has good stats all around allowing him to run offensive and defensive sets, and his movepool isn't shabby either. It's not hard to see when an Earthquake or a Surf is coming for Heatran and you can switch accordingly, hence the infamous CeleTran combo where Celebi and Heatran on the same team covers each other's weaknesses perfectly. It's no good comparing Heatran to Scizor, these two Pokemon serve different functions, to use a cliche, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

It's no good comparing Heatran to Scizor, these two Pokemon serve different functions, to use a cliche, it's like comparing apples to oranges.
I suppose a flaw in the cliché is that in comparing apples to oranges, you can pull out the fact that they're both fruits[steel types], allowing for a general comparison (albeit a rather weak one).

For example, in terms of steel types, most people seem to think that they are very defensive with only a few heavily exploitable weaknesses. This case is relatively true in both scizor and heatran, as both are fairly bulky in their typing regard (last time you saw a bulky kricketune or typhlosion was...?) and they both have a 4X weakness to only one type.

However, Fatecrashers is definitely correct in saying that other than typing, you can't really successfully compare heatran and scizor stating that one is better than the other.

Hi, I'm new to competitive battling and pretty much just recently found out about it and saw that so many people have taken this to a new level. Anyway, my questions are:

1. Some people say that it doesn't matter which Pokemon you use as long as you train them well and know how to play with them. Is this true or will I get my butt kicked by sending out my favorites instead of well-known winners?

2. Is it necessary to learn and memorize all of that stuff about EVs and IVs? I find all of the info a bit overwhelming.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
Hi, I'm new to competitive battling and pretty much just recently found out about it and saw that so many people have taken this to a new level. Anyway, my questions are:

1. Some people say that it doesn't matter which Pokemon you use as long as you train them well and know how to play with them. Is this true or will I get my butt kicked by sending out my favorites instead of well-known winners?

If your favourites are things like Plusle and Luvdisc and make a team out of them then yes you will get your butt kicked. I think it's best to start with well-established OU Pokemon and then once you get the hang of team-building basing a team around some of your favourites will make the game much more enjoyable.

2. Is it necessary to learn and memorize all of that stuff about EVs and IVs? I find all of the info a bit overwhelming.

Memorization isn't really necessary, there are handy guides here on this website which you should refer to when you need it. Soon enough some of the things should become second nature, like knowing how many Speed EVs X Pokemon needs to outrun Y Pokemon.

Okay, this is rather random, but I need the he;p for RNG (although, my question doesn't include RNG at all)
I want to find a program which is able to match numbers of different lists ^^
i.e.
list 1 : 1 2 3 4 5
list 2 : 5 6 7 8 9
result : 5 (the number) matches both list

What I need to search is a bit more complex (ID/SID combos), hence the need of a program...

This is part of my lists, do no open unless if you want to answer and need more "info"

the format is wrong it should be:
and so on and so forth

... + much more

And

... again+ many more

Any help would be gladly appreciated ^^

so if i have a cradily in sandstorm and i use 3 amnesia's to get max sp def. will sandstorm still boost sp def by 50%? or will sandstorm no longer be aiding sp def seeing as i cant go beyond a +6 boost?

so if i have a cradily in sandstorm and i use 3 amnesia's to get max sp def. will sandstorm still boost sp def by 50%? or will sandstorm no longer be aiding sp def seeing as i cant go beyond a +6 boost?
it stacks just like calm mind stacks with soul dew...

Can I not obtain Latias/Latios in HGSS if I already beat Red? Also, if Steven Stone hasn't talked to me yet, does that mean I don't need to worry about Latias/Latios being a roaming pokemon?

Hello,

My name is Biolizard and I have written an analysis about the Top 10 Leads in the OU Metagame and their best counters. I have written this analysis by using the Shoddy Server Statistics. I was wondering where I can share this analysis! I have checked the subforum, concerning Contributions however only Pokémon Analysis are posted there!
I am pretty sure that I can help people with this analysis so I really want to post it! Can somebody tell me where to?

Thanks in advance!

Bio

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
Can I not obtain Latias/Latios in HGSS if I already beat Red? Also, if Steven Stone hasn't talked to me yet, does that mean I don't need to worry about Latias/Latios being a roaming pokemon?
You can absolutely obtain Latias/Latios after beating Red, just talk to Steven who will tell you about the roaming legendary, this normally happens after you come out of the Vermillion Fan Club as part of the Magnet Train Pass quest. If you haven't talked to Steven yet then the Latis will not be roaming.

The following two questions are about Sleep Clause.

1) If the opponent "sleeped" one of my pokes, can I use Rest with another of my pokes?

2) If I used Rest, can my opponent subsequently "sleep" another one of my pokémon?

Thanks in advance :D

In HG/SS, in the Pal Park, upstairs, the girl in the right gives an "Underground". I don't understand what it means. Has anyone else stumbled across this? If not, can you check it out and figure out what it means? I searched Google and got nothing on it.

In HG/SS, in the Pal Park, upstairs, the girl in the right gives an "Underground". I don't understand what it means. Has anyone else stumbled across this? If not, can you check it out and figure out what it means? I searched Google and got nothing on it.
One woman on the left side of the building will tell the player their highest score achieved in the Catching Show, another will give the player two Pokétch apps, the Kitchen Timer and Color Changer by showing her a Snorlax or Kecleon respectively.
That's what Bulbapedia says and I have no idea what else you could be referring to. Have you used a cheating or hacking device on your game?

In UU/NU metagame which pokemon get the most benefits, from a sweeping stand point, by having spikes support?
(apart from swellow and moltres which are well known sweepers from spike attacking teams)
thanks in advance.

In UU/NU metagame which pokemon get the most benefits, from a sweeping stand point, by having spikes support?
(apart from swellow and moltres which are well known sweepers from spike attacking teams)
thanks in advance.
Pretty much any sweeper benefits from Spike support, uness you can always take out any Flying type or Levitate Pokémon, which doesn't really happen. Although I would mention Pokémon like Absol, Ursaring, and Alakazam, where they each have sweeping potential, but none of them have defensive bulk, so if they run into a Focus Sash user and you don't have Spikes or Stealth Rock up, that could be the end for your sweeper, unless you have Substitute, but even with a Substitute you could be taking a lot more damage than you should to get around a Focus Sash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)