Resource XY LC Threat list

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
can I reserve slowpoke and ponyta
for the record aron says it's ok with him
lol yeah, I meant my post to be a joke (I do want to do a lot though lol). <3 Levi

EDIT: Sorry for taking so long with Bulbasaur and Croagunk, I have been busy with stuff like setting up the new mini tourney. Since I finished them now I would also like to reserve Torchic and Hippopotas.

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

Torchic
Type: Fire
Base Stats: 45 HP / 60 Atk / 40 Def / 70 SpA / 50 SpD / 45 Spe
Ability: Blaze / Speed Boost (Hidden Ability)

Torchic is one of the best Baton Passers in LC as it is the only Pokemon Baton Passer with access to Speed Boost. With Speed Boost and a wide array of stat boosting moves like Swords Dance, Curse, and Hone Claws, it can set up for a teammate and give it everything it needs to sweep through your entire team. If you are unprepared, Torchic will set up and Baton Pass to an opponent before you can stop it, and by the time you figure out how it will be to late. Torchic generally has little issue setting up as well, as it has respectable bulk and an Eviolite, in addition to Protect to stall a turn and allow Speed Boost to boost its Speed another stage.

Hippopotas [HI-pow-puh-TOS]
Type: Ground
Base Stats: 68 HP / 72 Atk / 78 Def / 38 SpA / 42 SpD / 32 Spe
Ability: Sand Stream / Sand Force (Hidden Ability)

Hippopotas has fantastic HP and defenses, and with an Eviolite and Slack Off it has great longevity. Its defensive prowess is also boosted by it being a Ground-type, since this means it is only weak to the uncommon Grass and Ice-types and the semi-common Water-type. Hippopotas' ability, Sand Stream, also gives it another way to chip damage off the opponent. It also boasts a wide support movepool, including but not limited to the ever useful Stealth Rock, Yawn to induce sleep and force switches, and Whirlwind to guarantee the opponent switches (phasing) and rack up hazard damage.

Last edited:
Aaron's Aron on Torchic, it's worth a mention that it's the only pokemon in LC that gets the coveted Speed Boost+Baton Pass combo, which is what makes it the premier speed+attack passer as opposed to just being really good. Also, it uses Curse to pass attack/defense since it doesn't learn Bulk Up.

Aaron's Aron

Aaron's Aron on Torchic, it's worth a mention that it's the only pokemon in LC that gets the coveted Speed Boost+Baton Pass combo, which is what makes it the premier speed+attack passer as opposed to just being really good. Also, it uses Curse to pass attack/defense since it doesn't learn Bulk Up.
Wow I put Bulk Up... I feel so dumb now. I even knew it was Curse too lol. Thank you very much for pointing that out so I can change it haha. :D

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Slowpoke
Typing: Water / Psychic
Base Stats: 90 HP / 65 Atk / 65 Def / 40 SpA / 40 spD / 15 Spe
Abilities: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator

Slowpoke functions as a solid defensive pivot for defensive cores that need a check to certain physical attackers. Its good innate physical bulk is augmented by Eviolite, and between Regenerator and Slack Off, Slowpoke can be quite a nuisance to take down; Regenerator is also the reason why Slowpoke is able to pivot so effectively, by encouraging switching. Slowpoke also has access to Thunder Wave to cripple certain offensive threats. It has a variety of offensive options to utilize, such as Fire Blast, Earthquake and Psychic to hit specific Pokemon, but the most notable of these is Scald due to the useful secondary burn chance to make Slowpoke even more difficult to take down.

Ponyta
Typing: Fire
Base Stats: 50 HP / 85 Atk / 55 Def / 65 SpA / 65 SpD / 90 Spe
Abilities: Flash Fire / Run Away / Flame Body

Ponyta is one of the few viable defensive Fire-types; this is due to its high speed and good supportive movepool. Ponyta's base stats are very high, with decent bulk coupled with great offensive stats, even when uninvested, as will often be the case for defensive Ponyta, and the ability to outpace most other Pokemon through its base Speed. Ponyta is a good switch-in to a variety of physical attackers such as Pawniard and Mienfoo due to its ability, Flame Body, which, if activated, can severely cripple the physical attacker and make Ponyta more difficult to break through. Ponyta is able to stick around due to its access to reliable recovery in Morning Sun, which, in conjunction with Flame Body, can let it fish for burns without actually using a burning move. If it gets the opportunity, though, Ponyta also has access to status moves, most notably Toxic and Will-O-Wisp. It can also hit very hard with a STAB Fire-type attack, like Flare Blitz. An interesting Ponyta strategy is Sunny Day Ponyta, which increases healing from Morning Sun, boosts the power of Fire-type moves, and allows Ponyta to utilize Solar Beam viably as a coverage move.

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

Shellos
Type: Water
Base Stats: 76 HP / 48 Atk / 48 Def / 57 SpA / 62 SpD / 34 Spe
Ability: Sticky Hold / Storm Drain / Sand Force (Hidden Ability)

Shellos is one of the few Pokemon in LC that has the ability Sticky Hold. This means that along with being able to switch into Knock Off for its teammates, its Eviolite won't be knocked off as well. This ability to keep its Eviolite under every circumstance is one that any tank would love to posses, and along with its great HP and defenses it can be incredibly hard to KO. Shellos also has Recover to restore its health, and with Toxic it can badly poison the opponent and stall them out for a KO. Offensively Shellos has Earth Power to nail the Electric-types that would like to counter it and Croagunk (who is healed by Scald due to Dry Skin), and Scald, that along with getting STAB also receives the bonus of having the chance to burn the opponent, which adds even more team support to its arsenal.

Lileep
Type: Rock / Grass
Base Stats: 66 HP / 41 Atk / 77 Def / 61 SpA / 87 SpD / 23 Spe
Ability: Suction Cups / Storm Drain (Hidden Ability)

Lileep is a threat for two reasons: its hazard control and bulk. Lileep can set Stealth Rock on the opponents side of the field with ease due to its great bulk, and it is one of the few hazard setters that gets a form of recovery, which it gets in Recover. Lileep also has the bonus of being a Grass-type and getting STAB Giga Drain, which allows it to beat the two most common Rapid Spinners in the tier, Drilbur and Staryu, as well as get additional recovery. Along with hazard control, Lileep has fantastic bulk and a great typing to allow it to tank. Its bulk is sky high with an Eviolite, and Storm Drain even gives it an immunity and a Special Attack increase if hit by a Water-type move. Its typing also gives it only three weakness as well, of which Ice and Steel are fairly uncommon. It can also abuse Ancient Power and hope for the stat increase as well to make it virtually invincible.

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry guys, my computer has been stupid lately, so i havent been able to do much, Im currently typing from my phone, ill update this right now, just give me like 20 minutes

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Im unable to complete Carvanha at this time, so its up for grabs (its been forever since i reserved it anyway).

Carvahna
Type: Water/ Dark
Base Stats: 45 HP / 90 Atk / 20 Def / 65 SpA / 20 SpD / 65 Spe
Ability: Rough Skin / Speed Boost (Hidden Ability)

Carvahna is blessed with the ability Speed Boost, giving it a boost in its speed at the end of every turn. This, along with Carvahna's base 90 Attack turn it into a vicious Life Orb sweepr with offenive moves like Waterfall, Crunch and Zen Headbutt in its arsenal. By using Protect Carvahna can automatically get to +1 Speed safely letting it start its sweep attempt. Aqua Jet and Destiny Bond are also great moves in Carvahna's move pool, a fast Destiny Bond often guarantees a free KO and Aqua Jet on top of Carvahna's speed often let it outspeed rival priority users. Water is a great offensive type too, only being resisted by Water, Grass and Dragon.

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

Bronzor

Type: Steel / Psychic
Base Stats: 57 HP / 24 Atk / 86 Def / 24 SpA / 86 SpD / 23 Spe
Ability: Levitate / Heatproof / Heavy Metal (Hidden Ability)

Misdreavus (Defensive)
Type: Ghost
Base Stats: 60 HP / 60 Atk / 60 Def / 85 SpA / 85 SpD / 85 Spe
Ability: Levitate

Misdreavus has fantastic bulk with an Eviolite, and it can take two or three hits from most Pokemon. Even a Shadow Ball from Abra, one of the strongest Special Attackers in Little Cup, only 2HKOs. With its blazing fast Speed, Misdreavus can outspeed the opponent and burn with Will-O-Wisp, which weakens the opponent's Attack while also enabling Misdreavus to take more hits. It has Substitute to block status problems, and even Heal Bell to to cure all of its teammates of status problems. If Misdreavus is finally going to be KOd it can use a fast Destiny Bond to take out the opponent as well. It is not a slouch offensively and set up bait either, as it has a very strong Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam to add on great coverage.

Last edited:

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem

Staryu
Type: Water
Base Stats: 30 HP / 45 Atk / 55 Def / 70 SpA / 55 SpD / 85 Spe
Abilities: Illuminate / Natural Cure / Analytic

Staryu is know as being the fastest Rapid Spinner in the LC tier with 19 Speed. Unvisted Staryu hits 18 Defense and Special Defense stats with Eviolite. Staryu is also blessed with an incredible defensive typing in Water as it's weak to Electric- and Grass-type moves, with the latter being quite rare in the tier. Staryu, just like most Water-types, has access to Scald allowing it to do solid damage while having a decent chance to burn physical attackers. Staryu is an incredible spinner as well, having solid speed, power, and bulk to threaten spinblockers. Staryu is the only viable wielder of Natural Cure allowing Staryu to be an effective status absorber.

Last edited:

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[sprite]
Spinarak
Type: Bug / Poison
Base Stats: 40 HP / 60 Atk / 40 Def / 40 SpA / 40 SpD / 40 Spe
Ability: Swarm / Insomnia / Sniper

Sticky Web is one of the only moves capable of changing slow Pokemon into terrifying threats. And Spinarak is not only one of the few Pokemon to hold this move, it is one of the best Pokemon to hold it. Compared to Surskit and Sewaddle, the only other Pokemon in the metagame that hold Sticky Web, Spinarak has the highest Attack stat. With that and its diverse physical attack movepool, Spinarak can be more to its team than something to set entry hazards. It can abuse priority moves, like Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak, as well as some powerful STAB moves, like Megahorn and Poison Jab, to seriously damage some Pokemon. This combination of support and offensive capability is why many Pokemon depend on Spinarak as their teammate.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
YO i'm too lazy to write, so I'm just going to criticize everyone else, starting from the first page oml

The Avalanches
(fletch)you did fletchling and didn't even mention swords dance, yet you mention tailwind (which is only mentioned in OO on the set iirc)

TCR
(amaura)maybe mention that nature power and hyper beam are affected by refrigerate, when you mention them to begin with - refrigerate is its main selling point, so i wouldn't wait till the end of the paragraph to talk about it - just a write-up nitpick

LightningLuxray
(missy)yeah missy has 3 immunities, but I wouldn't really call Ghost a good Defensive typing in LC since everything and its mother carries dark coverage-however it is bulky as fuck which gives it the ability to switch in and set up a lot. mention HP Fighting, that is (or should be) just as common as DGleam among top players, and Destiny Bond alongside Wisp+sub

Max Carvalho
(zig)most ziggy actually run protect to beat fake out users
missy, support - your first sentence is a bit clunky, you should mention it taunting set-up sweepers at the same time you mention it taunting hazard users - i guess just work on the order of your sentences and put the most important things first
archen, support - i'd mention that archen has decent speed as well, though it's not the most important thing in the world
croagunk - it has decent speed?
trubbish - your first sentence doesn't really make sense and it's also 'fluff' - just remove it all together
riolu - mention protect, that's like one of the best moves riolu can run. mention swords dance as well, it's a great sweeper with priority HJK
magby - you wait till right at the end to say that Belly Drum is the most effective set - refer to what I said about Missy, and put the most important/common things at the beginning.
staryu - 30/55/55 are not good defensive stats - if it didn't have an eviolite staryu would be frail as fuck. its speed is its best quality, mention that nearer to the top.

sparktrain
(cottone)tailwind is worth a mention after stun spore and sunny day

(porygon)no ponyta uses flash fire - houndour is a better example
pawniard - choice scarf is actually by far the most common Pawniard set rn, i'd rewrite it slightly to reflect that more - you make it sound like it's just something that is seen occasionally, but isn't the most common at all - pursuit should also be given a big mention

horyzhnz
(timburr)i don't think any timburr ever uses iron fist or sheer force - certainly not enough to mention in a threatlist anyway. also, 'newly buffed knock off' goes against the write up tips set out in the OP.

Alphose_Elric
(koffing)mention clear smog

Aerow
omanyte outspeeds 17 speed smashers, so say that instead of 16. mention that it differs from tirtouga for being a special attacker
magnemite - mag can run magnet pull as wel, but idk if this goes in offensive or support idk, ask tcr i guess
archen, offensive - mention u-turn and knock off
bellsprout - the second clause in your first sentence is just kinda fluff. weather ball is technically a 100BP move that gets boost from the sun, so maybe say 'effectively turns into' rather than what you have now.
vullaby - maybe say 'most effective' rather than 'only viable users of defog'

Corporal Levi
mienfoo, defensive - at least mention fake out alongside taunt
mienfoo, offensive - regen is still preferable to reckless on offensive sets, you make it sound like all LO foo will use reckless.
slowpoke - does it even use EQ???

zeriloa
tirt, defensive - mention aqua jet for picking off weakened threats which is still almost always used on defensive

Amp Pharaohs
larvesta- you didn't mention the 4x rock weakness
honedge - give Dbond a mention when talking about autotomize

Unfixable
probabbly worth mentioning that surskit is usually seen with a focus sash

Aaron's Aron
bulba - bulkiest growth user is probs bulba's best sun niche
gunk - don't mention bullet punch it sucks, but do mention fake out. don't mention embargo lol. you seem to be missing the point of Croagunk's support role tbh - it supports the team by being a glue that can check loads of things, not using shit like taunt and embargo. maybe TCR could move this to defensive though.
torchic - why mention hone claws, just for the sake of it - no-one's going to be passing hone claws when you have SD.
hippo - mention that whirlwind phazes as well, not just racks up damage
shellos - EPower hits gunk, more importantly than electrics (but still mention both)

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TCR - list of things to add
offensive:
ponyta should be an offensive threat as well as defensive imo
shell smash dwebble
agility porygon (iirc this has an analysis)
Nasty Plot Vullaby (also has an analysis)
shellder
taillow
aipom
aron
axew
binacle
cranidos
darumaka
dratini
drifloon
scarf frillish
mantyke
poliwag
Life orb staryu
clamperl
cubone

defensive:
archen should be a defensive threat, it's the best flying switch in in the tier with evio and also beats shit like bunnelby and zigzagoon
ferroseed could be defensive and support and both sets are the same idek what to do here
same with trubbish and cottonee tbh, very fine lines
aron again
growlithe
mantyke
tentacool (or support i guess)
wooper (tho idk it sorta sucks - you do have grimer though so w/e)

Support:
hazards omanyte
WYNAUT
tyrunt
gothita
magnet pull magnemite

yeah, lots of blurred lines between many support and defensive things which i think is an issue - i guess often, the same write up could just be used for both sections, especially in the case of stuff like ferro, archen, trubbish, cottonee, tentacool, spritzee, lickitung...

I basically took everything that wasn't in the OP, that was above C rank in viability then a couple more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)