WSC Megathread & Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alch: 1) I sent you a PM, so plz respond. 2) Who made your avatar; it's awesome!!!

EDIT: For reference, I was talking about one of the old ones, but that's good too. Also, nevermind, I found where they were (actually, someone told me).

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm currently working out a structure and judging system which is fair and runs like clockwork. I'll keep you guys up to date.

Alchemator

We are close to finishing changes. There are still some things needed though.

- 3/4 Back-up Judges
- Theme suggestions

Feel free to apply to be a back-up judge and suggest themes!

Are theme suggestions open to anyone? And can we just post them here?
A five pokemon (1 from each generation) fusion would be a cool theme imo.

Theme suggestion: It returns!

-Make a partygoing Pokemon to celebrate both Pokemon Black and White's release and the return of the WSC!
-The sprite must be based on a sprite used in Gen V. If you plan on doing a fusion (I just know someone's going to make a Kinesta...) the component sprites must be used in Gen V.
-The canvas size in 96*96, which is the maximum size Pokemon Black and White support.
-Creative partygoers are encouraged.

Could we not leave Black/White themed contests until it has been released worldwide? I know that's a long time, but I was planning on not looking at the Gen. 5 sprites until the games were out in the UK. I know that this is just me, and that if other people feel differently the contests will proceed, but I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Could this be considered?

I got some fun themes:

- make an evolution of a pokémon of choise by only changing 20-50 pixles of it.
- make a new pokémon with the same outlining as an old pokémon
(so that means you can just take and old sprite and turn it pitch black and then delete every black pixle except the outlining and then make a new pokémon out of it)

If you need more ideas, I still got plenty

I've got a few themes that would be great for WSC.

-Make a fusion involving at least one pokémon from each generation (including V) and a CAP.
-Make a fusion only involving Water types, and then retype it.
-Halloween-themed week.
-Fusion/Repose/Retype of Maggyo

I've got a lot more ideas if you need them.

I'm always open if you need a back-up judge.

As for some suggestions, only a few really spring to mind. In the spirit of Halloween, I suggest a costume/disguise contest, but not like the more recent one. I liked the idea done in the one in Week 5. Where lord blood won for his Ampharos dressed as Breloom or TVBoyCanti's Seviper dressed as Rayquaza. Something that doesn't require the same outline, but is instead as if the pokemon were putting on a costume.

My second suggestion is a week for trainer sprites. Week 14 did this, but it was limited to Gen 2. So something that was open to the new batch of trainers would be interesting. Not really as much fun as pokemon sprites but it is an idea all the same.

Oh, thought of another one. A sports theme, came to mind because hockey started again recently but others have begun or will soon begin their seasons. There was a week for soccer during the summer (wow, it was on this very page even), so this is something of an expansion on that idea.

There are also other options for simple execution weeks, like the small random pool of pokemon but doesn't have to be a big theme. Just a fusion of 2-5 pokes picked at random that everyone has to use.

EDIT: Oh, had this one in mind as just remembered it. A fifth gen "Fix Charizard" campaign that redesigns 'Zard so he doesn't look like his neck is broken..

Alchemator

ATTENTION

As an interlude to the currently-down WSC, here is an exciting opportunity that could lead to your submission being seeing in Pokémon Online, the battling simulator!

The PO forums are holding a competition in aid of increasing their repetoire of Trainer Sprites. The top three sprites of the competition will be included for the use of players as an avatar, with a chance of some of the others being included too!

Rules

• You must sprite a trainer, though your submission can be styled to any generation.
  • You may submit multiple sprites.
  • Standard WSC rules apply - HOWEVER, submitting past work is acceptable.
  • Myself, eric the espeon, and Astruvis [A.K.A. Ixion] from PO will be acting as judges to filter out technically subpar entries, but the vast majority will go straight to a public poll.
  • Submissions will be public, but the poll will be anonymous.
  • The Poll will be multiple choice.
Submissions close on October 31st, at 21:00 GMT+0

Helpful Resources
DP Trainer Sprites
FRLGE Trainer Sprites
RS Trainer Sprites
GSC Trainer Sprites
HGSS Trainer Montage
BW Trainer Montage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)