Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Seeing the spreads for the first time already shows me that the team needs a decent switchin for physical fighting types like Cobalion or Machamp, since Florges and Forretress respectively both are leaning towards being more specially bulky rather than physically. It also occurred to me that Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill are big threats to this team as well. With this in mind, Physically Defensive Sableye seemed to fit the team quite nicely from my point of view. Having access to taunt helps prevent some other stealth rocks such as suicide leads like Aerodactyl that wish to cripple Fletchinder. Will-o-Wisp allows it to check and force pokemon out that would usually threaten the team like Curse Snorlax. Even if Sceptile has Focus Blast, it still can't reliably 2HKO. Support from Wish Florges assures that Sableye's staying on the field for some time, keeping up the defensive synergy on the team.

Last edited:

Threw

cohiba

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

I had the same thoughts as Icey and Merl: this team is 6-0d by Dub Dance and even SubSalac Cobalion, which at this point sets up on most of the team, and it struggles to switch into Fighting-types in general, but especially Coba, Machamp, and Toxicroak. Of course, the Entei weakness is extremely glaring as well. CM Slowking provides an easy counter to all of these while also providing a secondary wincon and enjoying phenomenal synergy with Florges, both of which are huge pluses for this team.

Last edited:

Specially defensive Mandibuzz.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Protect
- Knock Off

Alright, this is a somewhat strange Mandibuzz set, but I think it helps patch up the problems I see with this team.

Problem #1: Nidoking and Nidoqueen run roughshod over this team. There are no switch ins. Sludge Wave does 67-80% to Florges. Mandibuzz is obviously not the premier Nidoqueen or Nidoking check, let alone counter, but taking into account the other weaknesses I see this team as having I believe that it's the best overall option.

252+ spd Mandibuzz is not 2hko'd by Ice Beam and can fire back with the appropriate move. This helps check the Nidos a little bit better than the team currently does.

Since the team already has hazard control and this Mandibuzz is not here to take on hazard setters, two slots are freed up from defog and taunt. this enables Mandi to run Protect as well as both Foul Play and Knock Off. Knock Off is spectacular for taking the item off of the Nidos (rendering Mandi basically untouchable by either one) and generally provides nice utility. Protect is nice for chip recovery although not necessary to 100% not be 2hko'd by either Nido's Ice Beam. Roost is there for obvious reasons and Foul Play rounds off the moveset for reasons I'll dive into later.

Problem #2: The team does not like switching into Alakazam. Florges takes up to 53% from Psyshock, which is ran on all Alakazam's. Mandibuzz 100% walls the 50% of Alakazam's that do not run Dazzling Gleam (taking a measly 36% max from Focus Blat) and still decently checks those that do (taking only 49% max from Dazzling Gleam.) It's also obviously forces the opposing player to make a tough prediction and choose which coverage move to go for to hit either the possibly incoming Florges or Mandi. Obviously Mandibuzz hits back incredibly hard with either Knock Off or Foul Play.

All of these calc's are for Life Orb Zam. Sash Zam does a measly 38% max with Dazzling Gleam and a laughable 31% max with Focus Blast.

Problem #3: Doublade. Forre is set up fodder for Doublade. Yes, Fletch and Krook both check Doublade. Inconsistently. Neither one likes switching in. If Krook switches in on an SD it can do 70% with an absolute max roll EQ and in return die to a +2 Sacred Sword. Fletch can wisp, but you better pray hazards aren't up or you'll die to a +2 Shadow Sneak. In contrast, even if hazards are up Mandibuzz easily switches in, with even 0 def Mandi taking only 34% max from unboosted Iron Head. If it switches in on the SD? Even better. Shadow Sneak does nothing and Mandi outspeeds and KO's with Foul Play.

Foul Play is also generally nice for set up physical sweepers in general, which this team doesn't necessarily like very much.

Based off of these three threats, which I think would be the biggest three threats to this team, I believe that this Mandibuzz set would do the best job of countering them and overall completing the team. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
This team is incredibly weak to Entei as well as Mega Swampert and Gyarados so my suggestion here is offensive Suicune it doesn't take out the momentum the team wanna build up unlike Crocune or Roar Cune would. So yeah Offensive Cune could help here as it can reliably beat aforementioned Pokémon and suprise/lure them with the offensive Sets, this team also appreciates a secondary win con. Wish Florges provides great support for it, too :D.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Calm Mind​

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
As stated, this team struggles a bit with strong fire types such as Entei and Darm. Jellicent provides a good switch in for that, as well as providing a valuable spin blocker and taunter for a team that seems very reliant on hazards. It also provides a Water wall should you get careless with Mega-Scept or its one of the many Water types also packing an Ice move. The aforementioned problems of Nido King and Queen also can at beast achieve a 3HKO after lefties. It also provides a counter to many of the fighting types that might be able to wear down Florges. Jellicent's weaknesses of Dark, Electric, Ghost, and Grass are very well dealt with on this team. If you were extremely concerned about the relatively minor threats of Doublade and Zam you COULD run a Kasib Berry to halve Ghost type attacks, but I decided Leftovers provided more utility overall.

Example battle of me playing poorly but still winning:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-366959119

Last edited:
Reserving Milotic

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Ice Beam
Milotic is a great Pokémon while placed in the last slot, while the team can't defeat Swords Dance Doublade, Entei, Gyarados and RoarCune, Milotic can abuse of she's Ability and of Haze to defeat them. Milotic's weaknesses covered by both Forretress and Sceptile-Mega aside of have a typing that cover Florges', Sceptile's and Forretress' Weaknesses, so I personally think that Milotic is the best Pokémon to fill the last Slot.

Last edited:
The team's fire resist is Fletchinder and the only feasible option that i see is Suicune. Jellicent would be cool for spin blocking and the fighting resist but it's just not a consistent enough resist since it wants a lot of speed. If it was CM Florges i would definitely think its standard Roar Cune in the last slot but since its Wish it would probably be CM Roar or standard Crocune. Roar would be nice paired with Spikes but its also not as reliable as a Fire resist as sleep talk. I'm just gonna add both sets because it could be either one. Slowking is also a great option but someone already picked that

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD (Roar runs speed so the EVs vary accordingly)
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Roar

Edit: Ik someone else suggested Suicune but they put offensive so its different

Last edited:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes / Ice Beam

With a team whose only fire resist is Fletch, I see in Tentacruel a good partner to help against not only fire-type mons, but against some setup sweepers that could seriously threaten the team, such as Gyarados, SD Infernape, etc. As the last move, Ice Beam can help against Salamence, Hydreigon and opposing Mega Sceptile, while toxic spikes provides one more hazard to the hazard stacking play.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Salamence @ Life Orb / Charti Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast / Earthquake
- Roost

As others have said, this 5-'mon group struggles with Entei, Fighting-types, and offensive Water-types such as Mega Swampert and Gyarados. Mixed Salamence helps deal with all of these, and can break down certain Pokemon that Linda and Mega Sceptile struggle with. Draco Meteor is obvious STAB that isn't hindered by burns from Entei's Sacred Fire. Iron Tail cleanly 2HKOes Florges to aid Mega Sceptile. Fire Blast hits Doublade for Fletch and Escavalier for M-Scept, but Earthquake is a viable choice to nail Empoleon to assist Fletch. Roost keeps Salamence healthy throughout the match.

Life Orb is standard on MixMence to give it the most wallbreaking proficiency, but Charti Berry could work on this team to help with Stone Edge Cobalion and lure Mega Aerodactyl (which stops both of the team's win conditions and is only effectively checked by Forretress). Even with Life Orb, Iron Tail can still 2HKO Florges after Stealth Rock and Leftovers factored in, and Fire Blast and Earthquake still do tremendous damage to their intended targets.

Salamence isn't the most solid answer to the threats the team struggles with, but it's extra offensive synergy it offers over things like Slowking and Suicune make it a viable, albeit riskier, choice.

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ice tea offensive suicune
Threw slowking

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi quick question, could you all format your votes the following:

LeoLancaster's Salamence
Threw's Slowking
makes counting the votes for me a lot easier, thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)