SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the same thing. Ultra Necrozma with the Black parts looks way better than without. And it's nice that it just seems to disassemble when it's KO'd.
I love that animation! I'm also a fan of Poipole's little stubby arm slap :)

THERE YOU GO

Light That Burns The Sky , in other words, Ultra Necrozma's Z-Move at last!
So Necrozma seriously just NUKES things. Ok, I'm game.

So I noticed 2 interesting things going through the encounter table. First, Mt Lanakila now has an encounter table with Pokemon level 30-33, implying you can enter part of it when first arriving at Tapu Village. Which means, you should be able to get Crabominable MUCH earlier now.

Secondly, Bisharp is found in the Haina Desert as a normal encounter (not SOS) between levels 33 and 36. So, you don't need to suffer with Pawniard until level 52 here.

So looked through the encounter table:

RIP Corphish. I don't really want to GTS scum for something again. Remoraid it is then.

PYROAR, AIPOM, AND LICKITUNG POST-GAME?!

On the other hand, Akala Island Larvitar is neat. Unless Eviolite changed spots to a much later point in the game, Pupitar could be a nice tank (Larvitar is obtained only a few levels before it evolves). You can bet your ass Tyranitar will be hella good there. (Though if Kahili keeps Skarm that'll be a bitch) Just sucks it evolves so late.

Kecleon gets an area all to itself, huh? Sounds cool. SOS Scumming for a Protean Kecleon will be fun.

HAWLUCHA ISN'T SOS.

Probably a lot more I missed. But these were the most notable I found just looking through. No early game Fire-type that isn't Arcanine or Island Scan though is kind of sad.

EDIT: Don't mention story spoilers!

Last edited by a moderator:

THERE YOU GO

So what's interesting is that the transformation isn't like a primal reversion in that it doesn't happen upon switch-in. It didn't occur in that clip until a move was selected, in this case photon geyser, not even the Z-move. So I'm kind of confused about what actually triggers the transformation.

THERE YOU GO

Ultra Necrozma looks legit scary IMO. It doesn't have a single speck of cool or cute. It's pure intimidating. It's the first Pokemon that gives me that vibe. And mind you, I find every dog-like Pokemon to be a waking nightmare.

Last edited:
So what's interesting is that the transformation isn't like a primal reversion in that it doesn't happen upon switch-in. It didn't occur in that clip until a move was selected, in this case photon geyser, not even the Z-move. So I'm kind of confused about what actually triggers the transformation.
If it activate itself while using photon geyser and not the Z move, it might still be possible to use a life orb or some random item that isn't the Ultra Necrozium Z on it !!

I'm so confused with Necrozma right now, the way it transforms and the moves it gets.
In the video you see it using Moongeist Beam, also Lunala turned into Necrozma without using the Z-move? Can this thing learn both Solgaleo and Lunala's movepool? Is the change permanent (since in the video you see it transform once and then it's just pure Necrozma again)?

I'm so confused with Necrozma right now, the way it transforms and the moves it gets.
In the video you see it using Moongeist Beam, also Lunala turned into Necrozma without using the Z-move? Can this thing learn both Solgaleo and Lunala's movepool?
Nope, it has access to Moongeist Beam if it was Dawn Wings before transforming, and Sunsteel Strike if it was Dusk Mane, but it doesn't inherit any other moves from either Mon.

On the other hand, Akala Island Larvitar is neat. Unless Eviolite changed spots to a much later point in the game, Pupitar could be a nice tank (Larvitar is obtained only a few levels before it evolves). You can bet your ass Tyranitar will be hella good there. (Though if Olivia keeps Skarm that'll be a bitch) Just sucks it evolves so late.
Ah yes, Olivia and her Skarmory. It was so good, I have a hard time believing it was real ;)

Also, I came across this little Dex entry:

Talonflame: Its tough wings don’t allow fire to pass through them. A long time ago, firefighters’ outfits were made from Talonflame wings.

Not feathers, but full WINGS. That is just plain brutal. Side note, this is how I imagine Alolan and Kalosian firefighters looking:

Last edited by a moderator:

THERE YOU GO

Z move actually drags so much power from the trainer that he gotta kneel down because of exhaustion. Wow.

And so no special animation for Necrozma Ultra when it used the special attacks of sol/Luna.

Ok, now I get how (sorta)this thing works.
Necrozma absorb Solgaleo/Lunala -> gets their signature move and typing
Necrozma learns the same things as it's regular form, so that means you can run Double Dancer Solgacrozma or Rock Polish/Calm Mind Lucrozma, anything from it's movepool, TMs and Tutors.
Necrozma Mega-evolves using Photon Geyser (aparently) and it can hold ANY item.
Necrozma gets a special Z-move after mega-evolving.

Edit:

Necro needs the Z Crystal :(

Last edited:
I think it's just like a mega evolution where you have to use a move for it to transform.
That was my interpretation too. Probably doesn't matter what move.

So you Ultra Burst one turn... can you then Z-move on the same turn? Given that the Ultra Burst button is presumably in the same place as the Z-move button and gets replaced by it once it's done, I assume not.

I'm also curious whether you can have both a Dawn Wings and a Dusk Mane Necrozma, and if so, whether you can Ultra Burst twice.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok, now I get how (sorta)this thing works.
Necrozma absorb Solgaleo/Lunala -> gets their signature move and typing
Necrozma learns the same things as it's regular form, so that means you can run Double Dancer Solgacrozma or Rock Polish/Calm Mind Lucrozma, anything from it's movepool, TMs and Tutors.
Necrozma Mega-evolves using Photon Geyser (aparently) and it can hold ANY item.
Necrozma gets a special Z-move after mega-evolving.
It cannot hold any item, it has to hold its Z-Crystal. Photon Geyser is for activating the Z-move only "Light that burns the sky".

I'm also curious whether you can have both a Dawn Wings and a Dusk Mane Necrozma, and if so, whether you can Ultra Burst twice.
I don't think so, considering it's the same Pokemon and probably falls into Species Clause: "A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team."

I don't think so, considering it's the same Pokemon and probably falls into Species Clause: "A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team."
Species clause isn't enforced in in-game battles. I'm not asking whether standard Smogon/Battle Spot rules allow it -- I'm asking whether it's mechanically possible.

He's not asking about that, but whether you can even have both.

For instance, it's impossible to have both Black Kyurem and White Kyurem at the same time as the Gene Splicers only allow one fusion.

He's not asking about that, but whether you can even have both.

For instance, it's impossible to have both Black Kyurem and White Kyurem at the same time as the Gene Splicers only allow one fusion.
This. We know that the Solgaleo/Necrozma fuser and the Lunala/Necrozma fusers are two separate items, unlike the DNA splicers, so I'm wondering:

1) If they share storage or work completely independently of each other.
2) If, should it be possible to get both, the game will let you turn both into Ultra Necrozma in one battle.

Ok so... could Naganadel's stats be wrong? Isn't it curious that it's not only the only UB with a base stat total of 540, but it's also the only UB with a stat that isn't a prime number (121 Speed)?

Well, if you add 30 to its BST and 30 to its speed, you get 151, which is a prime number.

Is it possible there was a typo or other mistake in the datamine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)