SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Togedemaru gets Endeavor by tutor now, allowing for an interesting semi-FEAR set. It gets no damaging priority moves except Fake Out, but it does have Spiky Shield, allowing you to play mind games as to whether they should even try to attack into an obvious level 1. Of note, when Spiky Shield works, it deals enough damage that even if they didn't attack before and your Endeavor is only down to 12, that should still finish them off.

It also has an interesting choice of abilities, being able to run Sturdy and have the freedom of an item slot much like Aron (so Shell Bell Endeavor is a thing), or it can go with a plain old Sash and run Iron Barbs as its ability, allowing even more chip damage that doesn't care how many levels down it is.

Is there a list of changes to Move Tutor compatibility from ORAS to USUM for Gen I-VI Pokemon? Off the top of my had one of the few that happened from B2W2 to ORAS was Victreebel lost Bug Bite. I know there are a few, like Low Kick Zebra, but are there others?

Also I like that they've kept the tutors the same is B2W2, makes compatibilty easier, but they really need to bring back some of the Pre Gen V tutors, For me it mostly includes Sucker Punch and Vacuum Wave because priority is always nice, and Double Edge and Body Slam because it's annoying having to max happiness for my normal types(and Pokemon with garbage coverage like Klinklang) every gen that don't get any normal move that can really be used over it. I still am using Double-Edge Pokemon like Stantler and Girafarig from gen III because I'd rather not use Return on them.

Last edited:
I looked through the move tutor list, here are my thoughts (that haven't already been said)

- Cloyster gets Liquidation. A lot of Razor Shell mons did as well, but Cloyster is the best.

- Alolan Dugtrio gets Stealth Rock. Now the only advantage Bald Duggy has is speed.

- Marshadow gets Low Kick. Considering most Ubers are heavy, it's a nice alternative to Close Combat.

- Alolan Persian gets Icy Wind, Shock Wave, and Water Pulse. Technician!

- Togedemaru gets Iron Head and Iron Tail. Steel STAB it can actually use.

- In addition to Knock Off, Toxapex gets Pain Split and Magic Coat. Pain Split could be effective given Toxapex's low HP, and Magic Coat for Taunt or something.

- Golisopod gets Pain Split. It could potentially be used to reactivate Emergency Exit.

- Mimikyu gets Trick. Might allow for Choice Band sets.

- Kartana gets Tailwind. Z-Tailwind gives a Focus Energy effect, which pairs well with Leaf Blade, and the speed boost might let it run Adamant.

- Buzzwole gets Bounce. That is the greatest mental image ever.

Also, Araquanid looks like it has an extra form the same as the original. A few other Pokemon, all of whom are Totem Pokemon, have seemingly redundant forms as well. Totem Araquanid confirmed?

Lycanrock Midnight got:
>Elemental Punches
>Dual Chop
>Outrage
>Focus Punch

I wonder if Nintendo is spying our forums, as I remember, last year someone posted "I wish Lycanrock Midnight had elemental punches to be at least viable".

Was the base power of Mind Blown and Plasma Fists been released yet? I remember someone said Photo Geyser had 100 in base power BP which is pretty strong.

Head Blown is 150, I think Plasma Fists is 100.

Okay now that video above is VERY interesting because its effect makes Ion Deluge come into play. That's a move that does not wear off and makes every normal type attack become electric type, which Zorera itslef is immune too. VERY cool idea, and a lot more clever than initially thought.

Alright, Plasma Fists is a lot better than I thought... though I still think it's a pretty poor secondary effect, competitively speaking. How many Pokemon use Normal-type attacks in the higher tiers?

Unless Ion Deluge takes priority over -ate abilities, the base power is the only thing that would matter.

Alright, Plasma Fists is a lot better than I thought... though I still think it's a pretty poor secondary effect, competitively speaking. How many Pokemon use Normal-type attacks in the higher tiers?

Unless Ion Deluge takes priority over -ate abilities, the base power is the only thing that would matter.
It does take priority over ate attacks IIRC. It would affect normal type Status attacks as well.

How exactly do Photon Geyser and Light That Burns The Sky work? Does the move change from Physical or Special depending on your stats, or does it remain special with whichever offense is the highest being used in place of your special attack? If the latter that would be pretty cool since when used by a physical attacker it would essentially be a reverse Psystrike.

How exactly do Photon Geyser and Light That Burns The Sky work? Does the move change from Physical or Special depending on your stats, or does it remain special with whichever offense is the highest being used in place of your special attack? If the latter that would be pretty cool since when used by a physical attacker it would essentially be a reverse Psystrike.
Pretty much as explained by the game itself. A move that changes Physical/Special depending on your highest offensive stat. Since Necrozma has mixed offenisve potential, you can choose the type of Photon Geyser depending on offensive spread selected.

- Alolan Dugtrio gets Stealth Rock. Now the only advantage Bald Duggy has is speed.

Also, Araquanid looks like it has an extra form the same as the original. A few other Pokemon, all of whom are Totem Pokemon, have seemingly redundant forms as well. Totem Araquanid confirmed?
Regular Dugtrio also has Arena Trap, and that on top of its Speed is why it outclasses Dugtrio-A.

And yes, Totem Araquanid has been confirmed to be a thing.

Thanks for posting this! Ultra Necrozma looks much better in motion (and with the prism sections colored black).

Pretty much as explained by the game itself. A move that changes Physical/Special depending on your highest offensive stat. Since Necrozma has mixed offenisve potential, you can choose the type of Photon Geyser depending on offensive spread selected.
Not quite. It uses your highest offensive stat, but it's always Special, so it will always calculate damage using the target's Sp. Def.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)