The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop V3! Round 2 - Won by DaSpoofy and Colbrushie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely fell back way too much... I totally missed turn2 signups (I could have been one of the builder) and I don't even know how turn1 ended ^^'

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't even know how turn1 ended ^^'
Euphonos and r0ady won round 1 handily with Galv/Mamo, both going 3-0 in the round robin and getting the most votes. Slate. and I went 2-1 with Tornadus/Froslass, Gully/Bouff went 1-2 with Moltres/Blastoise, and LilOu/Sacri went 0-3 with Cobalion/Azelf/Dragalge.

Alright, we don't have Bisharp in UU but we can definitely discourage hazard removal in a slightly similar way:

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Claw / Knock Off
- Destiny Bond

Braviary @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Superpower

The idea here is pretty obvious. Once hazards are up, Banette spin blocks and Braviary gets +2 on any potential defogs. Braviary easily beats both Empoleon and Mandibuzz, particularly if it receives a +2. It can even OHKO fully defensive Salamence (after rocks) if it gets the +1 from Intimidate lol so goodbye to the trendiest physical wall these days I guess. The set is pretty obvious to be fair, U-Turn is for momentum, Superpower for Steels and two brutal STABs.

Banette acts as a sick check to a lot of threats in the metagame. Does the rest of your team have trouble with Gatr, Slurpuff, MBeedrill, MAero, etc.? Banette can easily cripple it or sac itself to go down with it. It's an emergency check to a lot of huge threats in the meta, and forces the opponent to play almost spastically at times, which is fun. Taunt / Willo and the threat of Prankster Dbond with a huge attack Shadow Claw will force a lot of switches, which will work well with a layer or two of hazards.

edit: if the conceptualization of the above doesn't work, please see how the core reacts to everyone's favorite check to 90% of the metagame, Porygon2
Turn 6

The opposing Salamence used Dragon Pulse!
Seismitoad lost 31.2% of its health!

Seismitoad used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the opposing team!

Seismitoad restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 7

Seismitoad, come back!

Go! Braviary!

The opposing Salamence used Defog!
Braviary's evasiveness fell!
Braviary's Defiant sharply raised its Attack!
The pointed stones disappeared from around the opposing team!
Turn 8

ironpup withdrew Salamence!

ironpup sent out Porygon2!
The opposing Porygon2's Download raised its Attack!

Braviary used Superpower!
It's super effective! The opposing Porygon2 lost 100% of its health!
Braviary's Attack fell!
Braviary's Defense fell!

The opposing Porygon2 fainted!

ironpup forfeited.

yugiohjosh98 won the battle!

Last edited:
Euphonos and r0ady won round 1 handily with Galv/Mamo, both going 3-0 in the round robin and getting the most votes. Slate. and I went 2-1 with Tornadus/Froslass, Gully/Bouff went 1-2 with Moltres/Blastoise, and LilOu/Sacri went 0-3 with Cobalion/Azelf/Dragalge.
Thank you basedChef :)

Builders, please start to select your cores and try to explain why you chose the one you did with a bit of reasoning

Hey. Shut up.

I kid. We picked Banette and Braviary because the double Band core was already taken and I like spike-stacking HO, and this core will keep them up really well or punish horribly teams that remove them.

EDIT: I did say I was kidding. Apologies, will refrain from sarcasm in the future.

Last edited:
Hey. Shut up.

I kid. We picked Banette and Braviary because the double Band core was already taken and I like spike-stacking HO, and this core will keep them up really well or punish horribly teams that remove them.
Don't be hostile or I will kick you from this project.

Wanted to confirm something: Do we need to keep the Pokemon in the cores identical to how they were presented (with exceptions based on item/move slashes, of course), or are we allowed to tweak them?

Teams are due today. Everyone PM your team to me when you finish, I will confirm when I have all teams sent in and reveal them at that time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)