The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop V3! Round 2 - Won by DaSpoofy and Colbrushie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody, I just wanted to wish the best of luck to all our team builders. You all seem very competent and I'm totally excited to see what y'all can come up with. On to my suggestion:

Tornadus-I + Froslass

These two pokes are two under rated threats whose usage is incredibly low yet I don't see them as being outclassed. Froslass according to last months usage stats had only 1.6% usage and Tornadus only has 1.85% usage; so they also bring a bit of a surprise factor as most people don't really know what sets they run (hopefully some suggestions come out past the purely hazards stacker froslass albeit it is a good set). My reasoning behind Tornadus + Froslass is that Tornadus is an incredibly versatile mon that can run a variety of different sets including mixed, special or purely physical with defiant, Froslass is most used as a hazards setter and rapid spin stopper which can make the opponent rely on defog to remove hazards which is something defiant Tornadus-I can take advantage of, however hazards can also be used with some of the mixed sets as they help weaken pokes on the switch in and then get smacked by something in Tornadus'es wide movepool and pretty impressive base stats.

Thanks y'all for doing this <3

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Life orb azelf hazard stacking pressure

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast/Dragon Tail

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot/Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Alright so I really love azelf in this meta atm and I was yet to think of anything that I thought could go well with the life orb set. With azelf's speed, power, and great coverage I thought it would fit pretty nicely on a hazard stacking core that is not too passive and can really make azelf more of a threat with the pressure they provide.

Dragalge
I chose dragalge as a toxic spiker because it is bulky enough to take a hit from some offensive mons and it can force a good amount of switches which gives it opportunities to lay down the spikes. Its duel stab combo is strong as hell with adaptability making it not passive by any means.

Azelf
Now for the protagonist of the core, Azelf. I had to kind of play around with the moves a little bit before I could find a decent fit because I kept making a set that either got walled by hydreigon or krookodile. If you choose to go NP + 3 attacks, empoleon does give you some trouble but It does take around 65% from a +2 fire blast and over 1/4 from a non boosted one so it can be worn down. You could then slap on T-bolt to handle it better but it is really all up to preferance. I had to sneak gleam on there somewhere because it gets hard walled by hydreigon otherwise. Either set is threatening and they both have their benefits so it does not matter a whole lot on which one you choose.

Cobalion
As it stood the core was looking pretty weak to hydreigon so cobalion served as the bulky offensive rocker I needed while filling that hydreigon check role. Cob is really good in the meta right now as it can fill multiple roles with one set and has the typing along with shuca to check some key threats like hydreigon, mamoswine, and EQ mega aero. With its ability to force some of those offensive mons out and other steels like empoleon and dark types like hydrei and krook, it can find a good amount of opportunities to get rocks up. It also serves as a decent win con if it can get up an SD and clean up after a check is removed.

Hope you guys like it!

Sharks and Roses

Sharpedo @ Life Orb

Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
upload_2015-6-22_8-13-43.png

Roserade @ Black Sludge

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Spe / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes/ Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis/ Leech seed
- Sludge Bomb​

Roserade is the hazard setter and Sharpedo is the cleaner. Regular sharpedo has more powerful waterfalls which seems better with cleaning up late game with stuff like Gligar and Rotom-H getting more popular. Poison Jab is underrated as it can do massive damage to grass and fairy types. Roserade assists sharpedo in the water type clean up and with fairies. Roserade deals with hydregion which resist both sharpedo's stabs and can lay up hazards. Roserade also help deal with shaymin and tangrowth which can hinder a sharpedo clean! Some great underrated mons here! Some weaknesses will be listed below so building around can be easier if you chose to do so.

Entei is a problem with powerful priority and fire stab. Both core mons are weak to powerful priority (although sharpedo resists most priority). Fireblast hydregion is a pain. Mega Aggron is too bulky to clean up. You just need a good defensive wall thats not weak to entei (lol thats like two mons). A fairy to check Hydregion maybe slurpuff so you can have two potential cleaners. More offensive power to keep up your speed potential. Some priority would be nice. Entei acctually does well with the core because it burns and widdles while allowing priority! Really fun and effective core!

The AnTortoise Core

Ok, so recently I wanted to build up around Durant, a mon that has a pretty good speed tier for the meta with base 109 speed while also retaining a very strong atk stats that Hustle + Hone Clawys can easily pump up to heaven and beyond. Adding this to the fact he has arguably one of the best typing in the whole game, and that he gets very nice moves for coverage (Superpower, Crunch, Stone Edge), Durant is a threat I think deserves more attention.

Overcomed (Durant) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Here are a few calcs to prove my point further.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Superpower vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 207-244 (60.1 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (even after the drop)

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 183-217 (70.1 - 83.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 211-250 (55.5 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 407-480 (109.1 - 128.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (while
80 Atk Crobat Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Durant: 118-139 (45.9 - 54%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO)

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 157-187 (47.1 - 56.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Entei: 383-452 (103.2 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 235-278 (55.5 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Nidoqueen: 269-317 (70.2 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 348-411 (93 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Superpower vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-H: 238-281 (78.5 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Salamence: 191-226 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 220-261 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Swampert: 227-269 (56.1 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Hustle Durant X-Scissor vs. 200 HP / 252 Def Vaporeon: 364-429 (80.7 - 95.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

But our beloved ant with the shiny-steely armor is sadly hated by some jerks, who don't want to let it play the game "let's massacre someone" (Boo at them!): these jerks are basically Doublade (resists both STAB, and is immune to Superpower), the rare Defensive Arcanine (which is not 2HKOed by Superpower even after Rocks, and can kill or burn back, then healing up) and (in general) the obnoxious Scarfed Fire Types (Scarf Chandy, Scarf Nape, Scarf Darmanitan) and FSAWFC (Fast Special Attackers With Fire Coverage - including Scarfmence, offensive Azelf, Scarfhydra)

So I started testing something.

- Mamoswine seemed a cool idea: a rocker, that also beats Fire Types with EQ and deals with Hydra and Mence thanks to Ice Shard. Sadly, Mamo couldn't really switch into any fire attack regardless of Thick Fat, and wasn't exactly good vs Scarfed Firemons or Doublade (which it fails to beat 1vs1) or Azelf (which beats him after a Nasty Plot).

- Defensive Cresselia seemed interesting as well: bar Chandelure and Hydra (which dies to Moonblast), no scarfer has enough power for this fat bitch, and Mence dies to Ice Beam coverage or gets crippled by T-Wave (which also would have helped dealing with Azelf). But Doublade just setup on Cresselia all day long, and - as mentioned - Chandy wasn't exactly walled, while Arcanine vs Cress = stallfest (and God only knows how much do I hate stallfests).

- Finally Mega Blastoise came to my mind! This thing actually switches into many fire attacks, and can beat Dragons thanks to Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam coverage while beating Doublade and Azelf with MegaLaunched-Dark Pulse.

Master Blaster (Blastoise-Mega) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent ---> Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpAtk / 140 SpDef
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Obvious moveset is obvious, and I already explained why previously (+ Rapid Spin, 'cause why wouldn't you use Rapid Spin if you're running the big ol Master Blaster?). The EV's are custom, in order to take hit better (particularly by Chandelure) and still have the firepower to strike back those jerks.

116 SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 286-338 (88.8 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

116 SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Azelf: 326-384 (112 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (while
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Mega Blastoise: 55-64 (15.1 - 17.6%) -- possible 6HKO +
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Mega Blastoise: 177-211 (48.8 - 58.2%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO = misses the OHKO)

116 SpA Mega Blastoise Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Infernape: 320-380 (109.2 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (while
252 Atk Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 144-171 (39.7 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO)

116 SpA Mega Blastoise Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Darmanitan: 392-464 (111.6 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (while
252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 114-135 (31.4 - 37.2%) -- 87.1% chance to 3HKO)

116 SpA Mega Blastoise Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Hydreigon: 200-236 (61.5 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (while
252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Mega Blastoise: 148-175 (40.8 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO - not counting the drop)

116 SpA Mega Blastoise Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 492-580 (148.6 - 175.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (altho
252 Atk Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 172-204 (47.5 - 56.3%) -- 82.8% chance to 2HKO, which is a problem - but that's the only move that can 2HKO Master Blaster)

116 SpA Mega Blastoise Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Chandelure: 266-314 (101.9 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (while
252 SpA Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Mega Blastoise: 152-180 (41.9 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO)

116 SpA Mega Blastoise Scald vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine: 294-348 (76.7 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So, this is the core I submit. Hope you like the idea (and hop I can actually submit it, 'cause I don't honestly know if I understood everything about this project, lol ^^')!

Here's a lordly core, make it work because I'm not good enough to:

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Rest
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Change the EVs as much as you'd like, even the moveset. I wanted Rest because you want to keep getting Hail back up as much as possible. Maybe pair with a Cleric? Your only other option is Aurorus or Snover, one of which I think should be on the team.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Rest
- Curse
- Blizzard
- Earthquake

This is the challenging part. This mon used to be a monster and could literally Protect Stall opponents to death with fucking Hail Damage. Make it work, please, because Walrein is cool as fuck.

Here's a lordly core, make it work because I'm not good enough to:

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Rest
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Change the EVs as much as you'd like, even the moveset. I wanted Rest because you want to keep getting Hail back up as much as possible. Maybe pair with a Cleric? Your only other option is Aurorus or Snover, one of which I think should be on the team.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Rest
- Curse
- Blizzard
- Earthquake

This is the challenging part. This mon used to be a monster and could literally Protect Stall opponents to death with fucking Hail Damage. Make it work, please, because Walrein is cool as fuck.
I swear hail stall isn't dead... anyways:

Sam please notice me n_n no but really Sam showed me this thing is a monster, despite its SR weakness as it has two great STABs with high BP (and low accuracy..) and a Hydreigon-sized SpA to back it up.

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Substitute / Hidden Power Grass
- Roost

Decided to pair it up with Mega Blastoise as Blastoise provides extremely reliable spin support, and the two have decent offensive synergy. Feel free to change EVs/moveset as much as needed.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse / Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Sticky Web

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock / Icicle Crash

Galvantula threatens Mamo counters such as Cresselia and Suicune with its great dual STAB. Mamoswine beats Galvantula counters such as Nidoqueen and Dragalge. Mamoswine also appreciates having Sticky Web up to compensate for its average speed. Ice Shard threatens fliers that aren't affected by webs. This core gets hard walled by Rotom-Heat so you'll need teammates who can take it on. Abomasnow and CurseLax also give the core some problems.

Feel free to change up the sets and use whatever coverage you like. No sash Galvantula though. It's for noobs.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have two of my favorite cores right here. If any of the pairs (calling out Bouffalant and GULLY; Slate. and Hogg; Sacri' and LilOuOn) choose any of these cores and successfully built a team with it, I salute you.

CORE #1: LINOONE + CHANDELURE
People would be skeptical as to why I chose Linoone over all Belly Drummers. Linoone would be considered a poor man's Arceus as it grants a Priority move that would gain STAB from it: Extreme Speed, and Linoone would be the only Belly Drum user with such a move. However, there are a lot of problems that would shorten Linoone's glorious Belly Drum sweeps, most especially Steel-type Pokemon. This is where Chandelure kicks in, as its phenomenal Special Attack would open holes for Linoone to sweep, and it has one move that will grant Linoone an opportunity to sweep: Memento. This is a high-risk, high-reward core; therefore, so as to minimize, if not totally eliminate, the risk, you must carefully handpick your teammates to support this core very well.

Linoone @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb

Footnote: 96 Speed EV's coupled with an Adamant nature allows you to outrun Chandelure with maximum Speed EV's with a Modest nature, with Choice Scarf equipped. Adamant nature is required so that Linoone would get all the power it needs.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast / Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball / Trick
- Memento

Footnote: Chandelure serves as a wall-breaker here, so it needs all the power it has; therefore, it has to have a Modest nature. However, you could change to Timid nature if you want to outrun some other key Pokemon (like Mamoswine), but regret any missed KO's for that part. Also, you can run Trick over Energy Ball to screw Blissey and other Special Walls.

Another note: I already have a team with it (because I have played it in the Iron Chef challenge), so I discourage pairs to copy my team from there. I want to see your own version of the core, and surprise us (that is, if you are willing to choose this core).

CORE #2: EMPOLEON + GRANBULL
Set and explanations to be finalized later

Last edited:
seems like i have to suggest some actually viable cores bc u guys wanna give us weird stuff u prob dont even actually build with smh

jk but not jk

M-AMPH/FERA CORE
Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Heal Bell pivot Amph and Sub DD Fera. Amph threatens waters for Fera and has heal bell in case Fera gets hit with status. Defensively they can checks fires and some waters.

DRAGAGLE/MANDI CORE
Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

A good fat core that threatens balance and stall alot. Mandi loves taunt+toxic but also is a great defogger, Dragagle helps with some of the 4mss with having toxic spikes to save the day. I havent built a team ive been comepletely satisfied with using this core but I like the core on paper and does it work in the context of the teams I used them on.

SLURPUFF/SNORLAX CORE
Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Belly Drum

Snorlax @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry/ Quick Claw(only if real)
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 192 HP / 200 Def / 116 SpD(you can run this in attack if u already have a Pidge check imo)
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Rest

The point of this core is to use Lax's ability to be fat and get boosts in order to weaken the opposing team and clear out checks for Puff. Most ppl dont expect eq lax but it takes care of things like doublade that normally wall both Puff and Lax. While it misses having sleep talk at times its not meant to be the primary sweeper even tho it can sweep some teams due to that fact it runs eq.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

I've been tinkering with Toxicroak on more offensive teams lately and it's still managed to be a strong 'mon, with great dual STAB and the very useful ability to dodge Scald burns entirely. However, it's not perfect, and even with Sucker Punch it struggles to break past the Ghost and Psychic-types that can completely wall it. So I decided to pair it with this monster:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

Hydreigon and Toxicroak together form a very formidable offensive core that covers a lot of its weaknesses with these two 'mons alone. Hydreigon can check Doublade, Chandelure, Cresselia, Reuniclus, and other things that wall Toxicroak, while Toxicroak can take on specially defensive stuff like Florges, Blissey, Vaporeon, and Umbreon. Hydreigon's ability to support Toxicroak with Taunt also helps croak set up Swords Dances against walls, because Taunt prevents the use of Wish and, more importantly, status.

This core is obviously not perfect, and it has a lot of vulnerabilities. Flying-types in particular do a number on this core, and Ground-types can also be troublesome despite Hydreigon's immunity. Mamoswine in particular stops this core in its tracks with its STAB combination, so something to deal with it (maybe Mega Blastoise) is recommended. Another great partner for this core is Doublade, because it provides you with an actual resistance to Fairy as well as another sweeper that breaks special walls. Be aware that this magnifies the core's weakness to Ground and Fire, so you might want to add something for that.

Good luck building, guys!

EDIT: On more defensive teams, you can try Taunt Mandibuzz over Hydreigon, because it also has great synergy with Toxicroak.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Sacri' and I will be using OG_Wanka 's Dragalge + Cobalion + Azelf core.

Also, can we change some minor things on the sets? Would prefer to user other coverage moves on Azelf and maybe change item on Cobalion. (the core remains the same, with each mon maintaining its purpose)

Last edited:

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
we thought about it and Hogg has a point. I kinda just jumped on it since this is a core i spammed once gatrs HA was released but using a core consisting of an s rank and a mon isnt much fun.

wed like to change it warzoid s galv + mamo core if thats alright

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was just throwing some shade for fun, you don't actually have to change your core on my account unless you want to...

r0ady

I was just throwing some shade for fun, you don't actually have to change your core on my account unless you want to...
nah galv seems more fun anyway lol ive used this core alot so making ANOTHER team with it is dumb

The Building Stage is now over. For the builders, please reveal your teams here with a short description and importable. After we have all our teams, a round robin tournament will happen. I take it on you, the builders, to schedule your games on your own. You will report who won with a replay.

r0ady

Galv and mamo both share in common a dual stab that is incredibly hard to switch into backed by either solid coverage options for mamo and a very useful utility move for galvantula which separates it even further from the likes of heliolisk and jolteon. Chandelure was added to keep entei from spamming sacred fire who was a huge threat to mamo and galv, and we decided on specs because wallbreaking for galv to clean really benefited the team. With a growing rocks weakness we decided on mega blastoise as our spinner as it also gave us a secondary fire check. Next up was p2 because its broken because its an incredible blanket check to everything in the fucking tier and gave us some nice t wave support in case we cant get webs down for this p slow team. Finally the win con was added. Euphonos 's special sub salac heracross set which cleans up games like a fucking monster.
http://pastebin.com/gTCrwh7Q

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Slate. and I talked about how we wanted to build around Froslass and Tornadus, and we both agreed that we wanted to try out Defiant Tornadus on an otherwise traditional spike-stacking team. We decided to build around a hyper-offense hazardstacking core of Froslass, Tornadus, Azelf and Mega-Aerodactyl. All four mons were able to apply immense pressure to just about every spinner and defogger in the tier. To clean up, we tried out a few different options, including Feraligatr and Slurpuff, but in the end we went with the tried and true friend of every spike-stacking team: Lucario. Finally, to bring everything together, we added offensive Shaymin, who could switch into Scald, wallbreak, and provide the team with Healing Wish support.

http://hastebin.com/ikuwezizil.md

LilOu

PO poopyhead
The team itself is pretty simple. As we started with an already offensive core of SD Cobalion + NP Azelf + TS Dragalge, which all tend to wallbreak, we decided to go with a more reliable late game sweeper that could benefit from the core's capabilities to destroy opposing defensive cores, and Mega Sharpedo seemed like a clutch option. After that, a defensive core was needed, because Dragalge took momentum away from the team, not actually letting us go full offense, so Whimsicott and Empoleon were added to solve the team's problem with the likes of Chandelure and Mega Aerodactyl.

As for the sets, after trying the team in some ladder battles, we decided to go with Magnet Rise on Cobalion + Shuca Berry on Empoleon so that Mega Aero just didn't take a huge dump on the team. Also, Energy Ball was given to Azelf so that it could OHKO Swamperts, making a Sharpedo sweep be easier.
Not Celebi (Azelf) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast

Not Terrakion (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Magnet Rise
- Swords Dance

Not Latios (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Not Sylveon (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- Encore

Not Keldeo (Empoleon) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Roar

Capn' Crunch (Sharpedo) @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Protect

r0ady

The team itself is pretty simple. As we started with an already offensive core of SD Cobalion + NP Azelf + TS Dragalge, which all tend to wallbreak, we decided to go with a more reliable late game sweeper that could benefit from the core's capabilities to destroy opposing defensive cores, and Mega Sharpedo seemed like a clutch option. After that, a defensive core was needed, because Dragalge took momentum away from the team, not actually letting us go full offense, so Whimsicott and Empoleon were added to solve the team's problem with the likes of Chandelure and Mega Aerodactyl.

As for the sets, after trying the team in some ladder battles, we decided to go with Magnet Rise on Cobalion + Shuca Berry on Empoleon so that Mega Aero just didn't take a huge dump on the team. Also, Energy Ball was given to Azelf so that it could OHKO Swamperts, making a Sharpedo sweep be easier.
Not Celebi (Azelf) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast

Not Terrakion (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Magnet Rise
- Swords Dance

Not Latios (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Not Sylveon (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- Encore

Not Keldeo (Empoleon) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Roar

Capn' Crunch (Sharpedo) @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Protect
Mfw y'all fuck up the naming system at the end u_u

That's everybody, right? If so, start battling each other. When you guys post who won, state in your post who you still have to play so it is clear.
Example:
Won against Gully, gg (Replay)
My partner or I still have to battle R0ady/Clarion and Lilou/Sacri'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)