VGC The Power of the Dark Side

Hi to everyone!This is going to be really long,so don’t get bored please!

My User Name is Sardus 21 and I would like you to meet this team that I created for the VGC ’16 format.

The idea for this team was born nearly at the beginning of the format,noticing that the Dark Lord itself,Yveltal,was a really nice pick for this metagame thanks to its highly supporting ability,typing and bulk despite being weak to the Deer God.From there I built different teams based on it (you can see the Yveltal/Kyogre/Liepard/Mawile/Crobat/Ferrothorn team in the Teambuilding Framework Discussion thread in the Dark Spam section),and I collaborated with the Teambuilding Framework Discussion thread with my Dark Spam ideas,as the user Draconid997 knows really well for both the Nugget Bridge and Smogon forums.

My teambuilding process was really stuck in the beginning,but I noted an AMAZING synergy between Yveltal and Primal Groudon looking at the peckspec team (generation showdown).While I was toying with Mawile for the Mega slot I was also interested in Kangaskhan due to her having a really powerful Sucker Punch under Dark Aura,other than hitting hard anyway despite not resisting Fairy.Then,after that in the Teambuilding Framework Discussion thread was pointed out a really interesting Yveltal+Groudon framework that caught my interest.Despite the framework not having a Trick Room option,I always liked this speed control method,and I tried to fit in the framework a TR setter in order to have a Semi TR option.So I added Cresselia to the Yveltal/Groudon/Kangaskhan trio.Then,the most hated bird (Talonflame) joined my team for having useful priority in Brave Bird and another way to control the speed of my monsters thanks to Tailwind,other than abusing Desolate Land with Flare Blitz.After this (as always) my 6th slot was a real gamble,as I really didn’t know what to put there.I solved the problem with Amoonguss since I lacked a Kyogre check,and its support was really well accepted.

Now,I would like to present the team in the details:

Amoonguss @ Coba Berry

Ability: Regenerator

Level: 50

EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD

Sassy Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- Spore

- Rage Powder

- Grass Knot

- Clear Smog

Amoonguss.The mushroom was the last addition to my team due to my team lacking a Kyogre check,but it does really a lot of other things.

First,the item and the Evs: 252 HP/156 Def and a Coba Berry let Amoonguss survive a Dragon Ascent from Jolly Life Orb Mega Rayquaza.I settled with surviving only LO Talonflame Brave Bird at the beginning (because of him hitting first even in Trick Room/Tailwind) but since it is a redirector I wanted him to take the most powerful moves in the meta.The leftovers evs are in Sp Def for checking better Kyogre and Xerneas.

Now,the moves:

-Spore:come on,everyone knows what it does.This is practically Smeargle with a single target and 100% accuracy sleep move,but is particularly deadly under TR due to the mushroom underspeeding nearly everything in the meta.

-Rage powder: despite not redirecting Grass-types like Follow Me,the only relevant Grass mons in this meta are Amoonguss itself,Ferrothorn and Whimsicott.Is especially useful for getting a safe TR/Tailwind or letting a teammate doing whatever it was safely.

-Grass Knot:not too much to say here actually.This is not Giga Drain for the general heavy weight of the meta,as it lets Amoonguss 3HKOing Primal Kyogre.

-Clear Smog:I decided to not run Protect because I wanted to give this big middle finger to Xerneas,due to it being a threat for Yveltal.

Yveltal @ Black Glasses

Ability: Dark Aura

EVs: 244 HP / 28 Def / 4 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe

Timid Nature

- Snarl

- Foul Play

- Sucker Punch

- Protect

Yveltal.The Dark Lord.

This is Pyritie ev spread,that published in its blog.I don’t exactly remember what it survives,but is really,really,really bulky and I need this because I want him to remain on the field as long as possible for the team.Due to the fact I have all Dark-type moves I chose Black Glasses as the item,also for not reducing my HP by attacking (is also counterproductive for the bulk I gave him).

The moves:

-Snarl: calculating the boost from Black Glasses and Dark Aura+STAB,this becomes a decently powerful spread move,with a sweet decrease in the Sp Atk of my opponents that can always be useful (Kyogre anyone?).Due to being spread move is also good for damaging my opponents at the same time,sometimes finishing also two mons remained with a few HP.

-Foul Play: a staple move for every Yveltal,imo.Its raw power versus the behemoths of the meta is so beautiful that I cannot imagine it without the move.Even Kyogre,despite being a Special attacker,takes a huge chunk due to it having (without reason) 150 base atk.

-Sucker Punch: in my team this move is quite necessary due to the fact that I also have TR as speed control method,as it lets Yveltal hit first even in TR.Even with a Timid nature,it still does good chunks of damage (nearly 43% compared to 60% with jolly 252 atk used on a 4 hp/0 def mega kangaskhan as an example).I would like to fit Dark Pulse in his moveset (in place of this for example) but I really don’t know how to do.

-Protect:this is VGC 16,in a Doubles format,so Protect is pretty much a necessity to stay alive.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb

Ability: Desolate Land

EVs: 12 HP / 20 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 220 SpD

Quiet Nature

- Precipice Blades

- Flamethrower

- Earth Power

- Protect

Groudon.After receiving a massive buff in ORAS,this thing became pretty much broken.No lol I’m joking,but the fact that it checks so well nearly the entire metagame rendered it a real necessity/threat for lots of teams.Red Orb is the obvious item,as it lets it undergoing in its Primal Reversion.The evs let my Groudon survive an Earth Power from an opposing Timid Groudon,I could have gone for surviving a Modest one but it would have cut too much in my offenses .A quiet nature with max Sp Atk for nuking opposing Groudons with Earth Power,and gives also good firepower (pun intended) to Flamethrower.

Moves:

-Precipice Blades:After having tested Eruption,I decided to not run it since I don’t like the fact that (despite its power) becomes really early in the game a “weak” move due to Groudon often being targeted and its HP reduced.Sorry for who thinks differently,but probably you are more capable than me in using it lol.So I decided to use Precipice Blades,that despite the 85% accuracy is more or less a reliable move due to the fact that is not affected by the weather and that hits the weaker defense stat of Kyogre and Xerneas.

-Earth Power:this is a Specially based Primal Groudon,so Earth Power is necessary to nuke opposing Groudons since most of them don’t run enough evs to survive 252+ Earth Power (like mine,for example).Is a really reliable special STAB move that lets Grou hit for good damage most of the metagame.

-Flamethrower: Copy+ Paste from Earth Power->Is a really reliable special STAB move that lets Grou hit for good damage most of the metagame.Other than this,it hits what Earth Power doesn’t hit,like Flying types but also Grass types for good amount of damage calculating also the boost from the sun.

-Protect:Copy+Paste from the Yveltal description.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite

Ability: Inner Focus

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Fake Out

- Double-Edge

- Sucker Punch

- Low Kick

Kangaskhan.A staple Mega since VGC 14, completes the trio Restrictedx2+Mega.Inner Focus lets him Fake Out opponents without being flinched,so is particularly useful for getting a TR or a Tailwind off.An Adamant nature with 252/252 invested lets Kangaskan work well in both Tailwind and TR without particular problems.

Moves:

-Fake Out: as I said before,this move lets Kanga flinch opponents for supporting a teammates,and with Inner Focus Kanga can flinch every opponent even if their FO is faster than her.

-Double Edge:nuke,anyone?No one nearly prepares his mons for an Adamant Double Edge due to the jolly variant being a lot more popular,but its sheer power really makes opponents cry.Other than these infos,is the same good old DE,a STAB 120 BP move that can really crush opposing mons.

-Sucker Punch:as I already mentioned before,in this team Dark Aura+Parental Bond boosted Sucker Punch hits harder than normal,tricking opponents that think to survive a PB boosted one.Is a really useful priority that permits Kanga hit before most opponents,but sometimes she relies on it a bit too much,like every other Kangaskhan.

-Low Kick: actually this is mainly coverage,but the possibility to neutralize other Kangas is really tasty and it also hits most of the meta for good damage.

Cresselia @ Mental Herb

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Trick Room

- Ice Beam

- Skill Swap

- Helping Hand

Cresselia.From the fifth gen she is a staple on a lot of teams,and for a good reason.Bulk,ability and immense supportive movepool render her a real supportive threat.The evs let Cress take a Mega Ray Dragon Ascent and the rest is on her Spdef with a sassy nature for taking a 3HKO from Xerneas Dazzling Gleam.0 IV spe for moving as first as possible during TR.Mental Herb is for getting the TR off even with taunters.

Moves:

-Trick Room:I always loved TR as speed control method,so cress is the most reliable setter imo.The move lets Groudon and Kangaskhan first most of the time,other than her obviously.It really screws also over big six teams that often are weak to this way of controlling speed.

-Ice Beam:is the offensive move that offers the most offensive coverage possible,because psychic type moves are not the best this year,while ice beam knocks out nearly every Groudon check like Landorus/Salamence/Rayquaza.

-Skill Swap:who has ever not felt satisfaction when you can reset desolate land over primordial sea/delta stream while giving a ground immunity to Groudon in the process?This is exactly what Skill Swap does.

No seriously,the supportive power of this move is literally limitless,it can steal abilities and so on.

-Helping Hand:this is a real toss-up between this and Gravity.Help me please.

Talonflame @ Life Orb

Ability: Gale Wings

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Tailwind

- Brave Bird

- Quick Guard

- Flare Blitz

Talonflame.Terrorizing teams and less bulky mons since 2014.Here is my second speed controller and a really speedy “heavy” hitter,thanks to his 252/252 Adamant spread and LO incorporated.

Moves:

-Tailwind:thanks to Gale Wings this is actually my most reliable speed control method,and lets my team go fast,practically.I could not explain better is duty.

-Brave Bird:seriously,one could have a moveset of four Brave Bird slots and a Choice Band and go without thoughts.But is not the case,so I can only have one.But is a real goodness that his most reliable STAB has priority,because it can really cause havoc in the opposing lines even with speed control in play.

-Quick Guard: now take what I said above with Brave Bird and add a lot of other priorities,and then use them against me.Quick Guard is a middle finger to all these moves,even the prankster ones,and protect my team to all the possible worries about opposing priority moves.

-Flare Blitz:jokes apart,is practically the exact copy of Brave Bird but with Fire type and no priority,but with the possibility to hit (most of the times) Flying type resists for super effective damage and to be boosted by the sun.

This is not the best RMT ever,I know.But I wanted you to see and rate my team,because is not perfect and I need help to rendering it a lot better than now.

A big shoutout goes to:

- Draconid997 ,because of his wonderful Teambuilding Framework discussion thread that gave me the idea for this team.

- Nugget Bridge userALBA,since the original idea of a Groudon+Yveltal team is really appreciated by both and thus we always exchange suggestion about teams in general

- Pyritie ,for his wonderful Yveltal ev spread.

So,if you read until now my RMT,thank you!!!

Sardus21

Last edited:
Not really a rate because this is kind of out of my league; but this team looks to be amazing. Honestly I don't think there are a lot of ways to improve this. The only problem I could forsee is not having a great answer to Smeargle's Dark Void. Hopefully someone comes along who is more experienced then I am (Draconid997) and gives you an actual rating.

Anyways this team looks really interesting and I hope you find success with it.

Also, just as a note; Bulky Groudon with a 252/252 spread survive an earth power. And since skill swap Cress is a big thing allowing Groudon to acquire Levitate could be really bad.

Figured I'd edit instead of double posting, I'm also noticing the lack of a reliable check to Rayquaza, and being immune to Ground type moves while being able to fire off Earth Powers of his own makes him a pretty good counter to Groudon, making your team somewhat weak to the RayOgre team that's been running around recently.

Unfortunately I can't provide you with a good counter for that because I myself am having a lot of trouble with that team.

Last edited:
Not really a rate because this is kind of out of my league; but this team looks to be amazing. Honestly I don't think there are a lot of ways to improve this. The only problem I could forsee is not having a great answer to Smeargle's Dark Void. Hopefully someone comes along who is more experienced then I am (Draconid997) and gives you an actual rating.

Anyways this team looks really interesting and I hope you find success with it.
I am glad that you don't find any particular flaw, thank you.
But you are so right about smeargle,I am actually thinking of putting a Lum Berry on Talonflame a-la-Crobat and moving the LO on Yveltal in order to better counter Smeargle.This would bring me to put a 252/252 timid spread and MAYYYYYBE putting Dark Pulse in place of Sucker Punch for the raw power and call it a day.
Thanks for your suggestions iPRODiGY VGC !

But you are so right about smeargle,I am actually thinking of putting a Lum Berry on Talonflame a-la-Crobat and moving the LO on Yveltal in order to better counter Smeargle.This would bring me to put a 252/252 timid spread and MAYYYYYBE putting Dark Pulse in place of Sucker Punch for the raw power and call it a day.
Another option would definitely be crobat, but then you lose a lot of the offensive pressure that Talonflame provides. It does carry a faster taunt then Smeargle's and has access to Tailwind as a means of Speed control though, so there's a bit of a trade off there.

Edit: Also not really sure what LO would add to Yveltal, since most Smeargle's carry Focus Sash.

Another option would definitely be crobat, but then you lose a lot of the offensive pressure that Talonflame provides. It does carry a faster taunt then Smeargle's and has access to Tailwind as a means of Speed control though, so there's a bit of a trade off there.

Edit: Also not really sure what LO would add to Yveltal, since most Smeargle's carry Focus Sash.
Sorry, I am not sure I understood well the part about Groudon,can you explain me that again? :)
As for Yveltal, LO is only for the firepower since the item would be free from Talonflame that would have Lum Berry in order to not fall victim of Smeargle and its Dark Void (and so being capable of getting a Tailwind off if needed).
As for RayOgre I usually play around them with Amoonguss and Cresselia with Trick Room and Ice Beam (especially after Dragon Ascent drops),with Amoonguss being a good check to Kyogre but not to Ray (that's why I chose that ev spread with Coba Berry),and I don't know what would be a surefire check to them for this team unfortunately :/
Anyway,thank you for your considerations!

Sorry, I am not sure I understood well the part about Groudon,can you explain me that again? :)
As for Yveltal, LO is only for the firepower since the item would be free from Talonflame that would have Lum Berry in order to not fall victim of Smeargle and its Dark Void (and so being capable of getting a Tailwind off if needed).
As for RayOgre I usually play around them with Amoonguss and Cresselia with Trick Room and Ice Beam (especially after Dragon Ascent drops),with Amoonguss being a good check to Kyogre but not to Ray (that's why I chose that ev spread with Coba Berry),and I don't know what would be a surefire check to them for this team unfortunately :/
Anyway,thank you for your considerations!
Groudon with a spread of 252 HP/252 Sp. Atk survives Max Sp. Atk Earth Power. Just wondering what your Groudon spread survives.

Groudon with a spread of 252 HP/252 Sp. Atk survives Max Sp. Atk Earth Power. Just wondering what your Groudon spread survives.
My Groudon lives an Earth Power from an oppposing Timid 252 SpAtk Primal Groudon.
For surviving a Modest Earth Power you need 252 HP/156 SpDef or 156 HP/228 SpDef :)

Brilliant team :)
There are only a couple of small things i can really suggest:

Amoonguss -> Ferrothorn

I agree with skyburial over on NB about your rayquaza weakness. You could try out using ferrothorn over amoonguss to do some more damage to rayquaza whilst under TR as it also checks xerneas and kyogre well in amoonguss' place. It also improves your teams matchup offensively against all three threats which is important to note.

Sample Set:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 60 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Relatively simple, the EVs allow you to OHKO most xerneas with gyro ball after they've set up (i.e when gyro ball has 150 BP) and still has enough bulk to survive 3 water spouts from kyogre
  • 196 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 204-242 (100.9 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 60+ SpD Ferrothorn in Heavy Rain: 76-90 (41.9 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 196 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 170-204 (96.5 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Other small things:

Bulky Talonflame

Try out a slightly more bulky talonflame set. Since this team has a TR mode, a more bulky talonflame set could definitely benefit your matchup against opposing talonflame since you will be relying on RNG to outspeed it with 252 Spe otherwise.

Sample set:

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Quick Guard
- Flare Blitz

Its HP stat at lv 50 is 159, minimising life orb recoil (10n-1). It also outspeeds jolly mega kangaskhan outside TR by one point, therefore avoiding sucker punches etc. The rest of the EVs are put into Atk and Def/SpD, and this will survive a brave bird from opposing talonflame from full health, so it beats them outside and inside of TR:
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 44 HP / 36 Def Talonflame: 134-160 (84.2 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 142-168 (92.2 - 109%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO -- Always OHKO's when factoring in recoil damage
Faster Cresselia

Granted that 0 Spe IVs will make sure that you go first in TR, 8 Spe IVs (or 32 EVs with 0 Spe IVs) will ensure that you win the weather war against kyogre since you will be able to skill swap last under TR to make sure that cresselia+groudon counters kyogre with weather support. 8 Spe IVs will make sure that you underspeed 0 Spe groudon by 1 point at level 50 (outspeed by 1 in TR), so this is the safest speed stat for cresselia to reach.

Sample set:

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 68 SpD / 32 Spe*
Sassy Nature
IVs: 8 Spe / *0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Skill Swap
- Helping Hand

As explained, both EV spreads will ensure that cresselia reaches a speed stat of 84, one below groudon's speed stat of 85. If you only have access to 0 Spe cresselia in-game, then the second spread is a good alternative, since you can still survive stuff like +1 life orb dragon ascent from mega rayquaza with 156 Def:
  • +1 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Cresselia: 191-226 (84.1 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So that's the rate, hope i helped, and good luck with the team :)

Brilliant team :)
There are only a couple of small things i can really suggest:

Amoonguss -> Ferrothorn

I agree with skyburial over on NB about your rayquaza weakness. You could try out using ferrothorn over amoonguss to do some more damage to rayquaza whilst under TR as it also checks xerneas and kyogre well in amoonguss' place. It also improves your teams matchup offensively against all three threats which is important to note.

Sample Set:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 60 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Relatively simple, the EVs allow you to OHKO most xerneas with gyro ball after they've set up (i.e when gyro ball has 150 BP) and still has enough bulk to survive 3 water spouts from kyogre
  • 196 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 204-242 (100.9 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 60+ SpD Ferrothorn in Heavy Rain: 76-90 (41.9 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 196 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 170-204 (96.5 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
Other small things:

Bulky Talonflame

Try out a slightly more bulky talonflame set. Since this team has a TR mode, a more bulky talonflame set could definitely benefit your matchup against opposing talonflame since you will be relying on RNG to outspeed it with 252 Spe otherwise.

Sample set:

Talonflame @ Life Orb
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Quick Guard
- Flare Blitz

Its HP stat at lv 50 is 159, minimising life orb recoil (10n-1). It also outspeeds jolly mega kangaskhan outside TR by one point, therefore avoiding sucker punches etc. The rest of the EVs are put into Atk and Def/SpD, and this will survive a brave bird from opposing talonflame from full health, so it beats them outside and inside of TR:
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 44 HP / 36 Def Talonflame: 134-160 (84.2 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 142-168 (92.2 - 109%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO -- Always OHKO's when factoring in recoil damage
Faster Cresselia

Granted that 0 Spe IVs will make sure that you go first in TR, 8 Spe IVs (or 32 EVs with 0 Spe IVs) will ensure that you win the weather war against kyogre since you will be able to skill swap last under TR to make sure that cresselia+groudon counters kyogre with weather support. 8 Spe IVs will make sure that you underspeed 0 Spe groudon by 1 point at level 50 (outspeed by 1 in TR), so this is the safest speed stat for cresselia to reach.

Sample set:

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 68 SpD / 32 Spe*
Sassy Nature
IVs: 8 Spe / *0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Skill Swap
- Helping Hand

As explained, both EV spreads will ensure that cresselia reaches a speed stat of 84, one below groudon's speed stat of 85. If you only have access to 0 Spe cresselia in-game, then the second spread is a good alternative, since you can still survive stuff like +1 life orb dragon ascent from mega rayquaza with 156 Def:
  • +1 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Cresselia: 191-226 (84.1 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So that's the rate, hope i helped, and good luck with the team :)
Thank you Draconid997 for your considerations and suggestions :)
While I already tried Ferrothorn at the beginning (and I will probably try it again because of his greater offensive presence despite Amoonguss giving a little better support under TR) I never thought about bulky Talonflame,and I really love your idea, I will give it a try for sure :)
As for Cresselia,at the moment I am stuck with the 0 IV Spe so I will try your version (the thought behind it is amazing, by the way) but I will try to get the 8 IV one :)
For the Yveltal,is better Sucker Punch or Dark Pulse in your opinion? Because usually I found myself rarely using it :/
Anyway thank you,is always a pleasure collaborating with you ;)

Thank you Draconid997 for your considerations and suggestions :)
While I already tried Ferrothorn at the beginning (and I will probably try it again because of his greater offensive presence despite Amoonguss giving a little better support under TR) I never thought about bulky Talonflame,and I really love your idea, I will give it a try for sure :)
As for Cresselia,at the moment I am stuck with the 0 IV Spe so I will try your version (the thought behind it is amazing, by the way) but I will try to get the 8 IV one :)
For the Yveltal,is better Sucker Punch or Dark Pulse in your opinion? Because usually I found myself rarely using it :/
Anyway thank you,is always a pleasure collaborating with you ;)
No problem :)
As for sucker punch vs dark pulse, i would probably say stick with sucker punch, as it helps clean up weakened opponents after foul play damage etc and gives you more options in TR, although other moves like oblivion wing are good in this slot. Again the best thing to do is practice on SD! to find what you like best

No problem :)
As for sucker punch vs dark pulse, i would probably say stick with sucker punch, as it helps clean up weakened opponents after foul play damage etc and gives you more options in TR, although other moves like oblivion wing are good in this slot. Again the best thing to do is practice on SD! to find what you like best
By your opinion, is outspeeding jolly normal rayquaza worth for the team (as skyburial pointed out in the NB)? Or I can stick to this bulky spread without problem?

I still think the original spread is a bit better, but it's up to you.
The first spread survives these attacks:

252 Atk Zap Plate Raichu Volt Tackle vs. 244 HP / 28 Def Yveltal: 194-230 (83.6 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 244 HP / 36 SpD Yveltal in Heavy Rain: 195-231 (84 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 36 SpD Yveltal: 190-226 (81.8 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 244 HP / 28 Def Yveltal: 187-221 (80.6 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 36 SpD Yveltal: 186-218 (80.1 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 244 HP / 36 SpD Yveltal: 216-254 (93.1 - 109.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 244 HP / 28 Def Yveltal: 188-224 (81 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 244 HP / 28 Def Yveltal: 182-218 (78.4 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But the second spread (244 HP / 4 Def / 36 SpD / 228 Spe) will offer less bulk in exchange for a bit of speed, but raichu has a 19% chance to OHKO you. Outspeeding base 95's is a bit situational but if you think it's worth it then go for it.

I still think the original spread is a bit better, but it's up to you.
The first spread survives these attacks:

252 Atk Zap Plate Raichu Volt Tackle vs. 244 HP / 28 Def Yveltal: 194-230 (83.6 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 244 HP / 36 SpD Yveltal in Heavy Rain: 195-231 (84 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 36 SpD Yveltal: 190-226 (81.8 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 244 HP / 28 Def Yveltal: 187-221 (80.6 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 36 SpD Yveltal: 186-218 (80.1 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 244 HP / 36 SpD Yveltal: 216-254 (93.1 - 109.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 244 HP / 28 Def Yveltal: 188-224 (81 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 244 HP / 28 Def Yveltal: 182-218 (78.4 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But the second spread (244 HP / 4 Def / 36 SpD / 228 Spe) will offer less bulk in exchange for a bit of speed, but raichu has a 19% chance to OHKO you. Outspeeding base 95's is a bit situational but if you think it's worth it then go for it.
Thank you for your opinion, I think that I will stick to the more bulky spread since I need bulk more than speed :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)