The Next Best Thing - Sawk [Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lrn2count JoshuaMunoz, that is not a tie :(

Punchshroom: 10
Fuzznip: 5
FLCL: 4
Dat Blast
Nozzle

next mon y'all:

bull
oh and if you post a purposely stupid set you will be banned from the following week's nbt, just sayin!

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Work Up
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Earthquake

this set allows you to set up and hit extremely hard while also being able to get past the premier physical wall of the tier. alomomola is easily 2hkoed by thunderbolt after a boost, but ice beam can also be used if tangela troubles you more. earthquake can be used if rock and steel types trouble you but it sort of defeats the point of this set although you can still set up.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Tauros @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Toxic / Zen Headbutt

Scarf Tauros with a bit more utility than the average Scarfer, as well as being known as 'the Scarfer that revenges other Scarfers'. Double-Edge is the move you'd be spamming most of the time, and Earthquake complements it by hitting Rocks and Steels. Pursuit sees great use on Tauros as it scares out Jynx and Haunter, allowing for easy kills as even unboosted Pursuit can KO weakened targets. Toxic allows Tauros to do something to Misdreavus and various physical walls such as Alomo and Tangela. Zen Headbutt does hit Misdreavus for direct damage though and can KO opponents such as Primeape and Scolipede without any recoil, while also packing a flinch chance (without Sheer Force). Adamant is useful as it provides a power boost while still outspeeding Scarf Jynx/Haunter/Primeape, but Jolly can be used if you do not wish to speedtie +2 neutral base 70s (Ludicolo and Victreebel) as well as outspeed Timid Scarf Charizard, Modest Scarf Zebstrika and Adamant Salac Scolipede.

Edit: Is this going to be the only set that isn't designed to own Missy and Alomo?

Edit 2: Yep, looks like it.

Last edited:
Tauros @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Double Edge
-Zen Headbutt

lolol whats that alomomola, think you can break through my sub and toxic? this set is meant to bait alomomola and misdreavus to come in. this set outspeeds base 100s while retaining some good bulk. idk this set is cool just dont ban me skylight :c

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
this is the only set that's already on site
The on-site set has stuff like Stone Edge (Drifblim still outspeeds, everything else can be killed by Double-Edge after Rocks or not) and Retaliate (can't be spammed and doesn't add to coverage :() that it doesn't really need. (If Scarf Sawk can use Toxic, wynaut Tauros?)

I will agree that Toxic is the only thing differentiating itself from regular Scarf Tauros, but hey, the same can be said for whoever had the bright idea of using Toxic on Scarf Sawk to begin with, eh?

Last edited:
Tauros (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish nature
- Toxic
- Protect / Rest
- Return
- Earthquake / Bulldoze

Tauros boasts a pretty decent defensive spread of 75/95/70, and with its lesser-used ability in Intimidate, Tauros can perform well as a Toxic staller. It's also very fast, making it one of the fastest Toxic stallers out there. Protect is used for Leftovers recovery, scouting the opponent's next move, and stalling out Toxic damage; however, Rest can be selected if you prefer the ability to replenish all of your HP and remove harmful status. Make sure you have Wish support if you're running Protect and cleric support if you're running either, though. Return is your generic STAB attack of choice, and Earthquake maims the Steel- and Poison-types immune to Toxic. You can also use Bulldoze instead to cripple common switch-ins, such as Primeape and Sawk, and potentially force switches. It still hits the Steel- and Poison-types super effectively. Some calcs:

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tauros: 103-122 (29.09 - 34.46%)
-1 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tauros: 103-123 (29.09 - 34.74%)
-1 252 Atk Primeape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tauros: 168-200 (47.45 - 56.49%)
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Sawk Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tauros: 312-368 (88.13 - 103.95%)
-1 252 Atk Guts Swellow Facade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tauros: 127-151 (35.87 - 42.65%)
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Samurott Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tauros: 71-86 (20.05 - 24.29%)
-1 252 Atk Scolipede Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tauros: 76-91 (21.46 - 25.7%)

What a tank.

Last edited:

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Personnaly, I don't think tauros goes much further than what's on site since all other moves he doesn't run there are usualy weaker on nearly everything (fuck sub, I'll run wild charge for pelipper!!!) and it's special attack is just hideous so I wouldn't try that. for toxic well, I'd just use other stuff personnaly.

So here's the set:

Weather support
Tauros (M) @ Damp Rock/Heat Rock
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Rain Dance/Sunny Day

The idea basicaly is that a weather support mon doesn't have to be a weak prankster mon but can also be a bulky hard hitting and still blazing fast bull. It's pretty much just the standard set with weather over sub and a weather rock although life orb can be used if you prefer. Intimidate can help tauros come in to take a hit, set up weather or hit pretty hard. Double-Edge's recoil isn't too bad considering you don't have Life Orb recoil so it's really worth using over return.

Bully (Tauros) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Bulldoze
- Earthquake
- Return/Double Edge
- Stone Edge

This set utilizes Intimidate to force things out, then use Bulldoze on the switch-in so you are faster and use your move of choice. Bulldoze can also be used on faster mons like Scolipede to get basically two hits in because you outspeed after the speed drop. Return for STAB (Frustration can be used to mess with Ditto). Double-Edge hits harder but makes Tauros suicidal. EQ for rocks and steels ofc and Stone Edge for Drifblim and a harder hit on Scolipede if it's really needed.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
no furries pls ='(

So um, Nozzle, aside from being able to let Scolipede's/Electrode's/Zebstrika's speed drop so you can KO them easily (two of these are already KO'd on the switch by EQ), what does this set really have over others? There aren't many Pokemn in NU that are faster than Tauros to begin with, and many of these select few who do are either PU or aren't affected by Bulldoze. Aside from that, I guess you can hit scarfers with it to negate their scarf and outspeed them, buuut scarfers tend to be revenge killers so won't switch in on an attack just like that. Sorry, but it just seems gimmicky to me, I'd rather sub.

Oh, and Bulldoze doesn't even grant you any additional coverage because you already run EQ. That's a little weird.

Tauros@Life Orb
Ability:Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Talk
-
Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Climb

The idea of this set? To absorb sleep from the likes of Jynx on the switch and to outspeed and OHKO with LO boosted<insert move here>. This actually allows Tauros to switch into non-scarfed Jynxes and beat them with Sleep Talk.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay after thinking about it, I'm going to allow Punchshroom's set only because SE/EQ/DE are standard and the last spot mentioned in AC is over Toxic, not the other way around. However, lack of Stone Edge could be a negative for Punchshroom in a meta of various mons weak to Stone Edge (Jynx, Scolipede, Mandibuzz, and so on), so it -should- even out.

Anyways, vote for anything you have a few days~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)