Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't played Pokemon in a few months (so my memory is a tad rusty) and I want to do some Time Machine breeding; can someone please confirm the following?

- The test parents are Ditto and a <Female>
- I get a good spread
- I then replace the parents with a <Female> and <Male>

Will the IVs be the same as the test egg?

And, most importantly:

Will the ESV be the same as the one produced from the test parents?

Haven't played Pokemon in a few months (so my memory is a tad rusty) and I want to do some Time Machine breeding; can someone please confirm the following?

- The test parents are Ditto and a <Female>
- I get a good spread
- I then replace the parents with a <Female> and <Male>

Will the IVs be the same as the test egg?

And, most importantly:

Will the ESV be the same as the one produced from the test parents?
If the order you put in the test parents were Ditto and <female>, to get the same IVs, you put your parents as <male> and then <female>. It's different for mono-gender and genderless 'mons, but I'm assuming that's not the case here.

The ESV will be the same if you have the Shiny Charm or you are using the Masuda Method (or both). If you don't have the Shiny Charm and are not using the Masuda Method, the ESV will be different every time you use that spread. In addition, if you have the Shiny Charm, the egg will have a different ESV for if you use the MM and if you don't use the MM.

As usual, you can read more about it in .com's guide

If the order you put in the test parents were Ditto and <female>, to get the same IVs, you put your parents as <male> and then <female>. It's different for mono-gender and genderless 'mons, but I'm assuming that's not the case here.

The ESV will be the same if you have the Shiny Charm or you are using the Masuda Method (or both). If you don't have the Shiny Charm and are not using the Masuda Method, the ESV will be different every time you use that spread. In addition, if you have the Shiny Charm, the egg will have a different ESV for if you use the MM and if you don't use the MM.

As usual, you can read more about it in .com's guide
Okay, that's what I thought. Though I don't remember the order mattering when you put the parents in... O.o

Okay, that's what I thought. Though I don't remember the order mattering when you put the parents in... O.o
It does matter. You have to remember which gender the Ditto represents when you're putting in the final offspring:

Ditto + female: Ditto = male
Ditto + male: Ditto = female
Ditto + mono-gender female: Ditto = male
Ditto + mono-gender male/genderless: Ditto = female

You can't use Ditto + gendered 'mon spreads to breed genderless or mono-gender 'mons, and the same for the other way around, in addition. They turn out different spreads.

Last edited:
It does matter. You have to remember which gender the Ditto represents when you're putting in the final offspring:

You can't use Ditto + gendered 'mon spreads to breed genderless or mono-gender 'mons, and the same for the other way around. They turn out different spreads.
Oh, I know about that! I was just confused because the way you mentioned it made it seem as if the order you actually give the Pokemon to the lady matters.

As in, with test parents you give her <Female> first, then Ditto. But then you later give her <Male> first, then <Female> the IVs would be different... unless that's what you meant. >_<

Oh, I know about that! I was just confused because the way you mentioned it made it seem as if the order you actually give the Pokemon to the lady matters.

As in, with test parents you give her <Female> first, then Ditto. But then you later give her <Male> first, then <Female> the IVs would be different... unless that's what you meant. >_<
That's exactly what I meant. You have to give the final parents in the same order as you gave the test parents.

I could check my Xd files for a calm nature one but doubting any would be calm

Edit: well checked the two files that I did catch it on and neither are calm
I don't actually need calm. My mistake, I editted the post when your post came up. Should've said 'Calm Nature appreciated"

That's exactly what I meant. You have to give the final parents in the same order as you gave the test parents.
It doesn't actually matter what order you put the parents in...the game will slot them appropriately and the iv spread will be the same based on
of course

I don't actually need calm. My mistake, I editted the post when your post came up. Should've said 'Calm Nature appreciated"
Well on one file i have a 31/16/19/15/10/0 docile

on the other it's 20/19/22/8/17/12 lax

obviously not exact but roughly around there and not exactly good/usable natures at all for electabuzz or electivire.

:heart:How can I teach a Chansey Wish? I checked Serebii and the move isn't written anywhere on the profile or under Egg moves. (Maybe someone wants to trade me a chansey with Wish and Seismic Toss:heart:)

:heart:How can I teach a Chansey Wish? I checked Serebii and the move isn't written anywhere on the profile or under Egg moves. (Maybe someone wants to trade me a chansey with Wish and Seismic Toss:heart:)
It was a FRLG event move, so it'll be a bit tricky to find one of those.

I'm going to start SRing Rayquaza as soon as i get the SR 'mons from Thomaz. I have a question about SRing Ray. How do i check it's HP? I know i have to use Pain Split but wouldn't sabaleye take damage first since it's slower than Ray?

I'm going to start SRing Rayquaza as soon as i get the SR 'mons from Thomaz. I have a question about SRing Ray. How do i check it's HP? I know i have to use Pain Split but wouldn't sabaleye take damage first since it's slower than Ray?
Prankster makes sableye have higher priority for status moves, so it should move first when using pain split.

Does anyone have a foreign Ditto for Time Machine breeding with skewed stats (eg: 29/29/29/29/29/29)? Using the Pokemon from .com but I'd like a MM test parent..

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Does anyone have a foreign Ditto for Time Machine breeding with skewed stats (eg: 29/29/29/29/29/29)? Using the Pokemon from .com but I'd like a MM test parent..
Most has been giving them out (assuming German is foreign for you). You could try asking him :) He has the Ditto and the directions of how to get one listed in his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)