Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Ahh, now i see, i'm guessing the hack changes the palette for pokemon that have the correct IV's to show up shiny in Gen II?
Also I wish you luck on your current hunt, what are you trying for?

And on the shiny treecko hunt, I started my first batch and on the 55th egg I got my shiny treecko!
I think that's the shortest hunt i've had so far, he has imperfect speed but sceptile is naturally pretty fast so i'll move on to something different
for now at least.
Perhaps shiny Tyrunt?

Batch 18: 1/100 Male 31/31/31/31/31/19

Batch 19: *undecided*

Total eggs hatched: 1835
Shinies: 5
I've decided on shiny Aerodactyl in a dream ball. So:
Spanish Male Aerodactyl X English Female Aerodactyl

I've got two batches completed so far.

Batch 19: 0/100
Batch 20: 0/100
Batch 21: *in progress*

Total eggs hatched: 2035

Hi. I've hatched 850 more eggs. Mostly IV breeding with my 6IV Jap Ditto, but the last 300 was a shiny hunt. And I finally got my shiny aipom!

Total eggs hatched on record: 4400

Total shinys hatched on record: 10

I've decided on shiny Aerodactyl in a dream ball. So:
Spanish Male Aerodactyl X English Female Aerodactyl

I've got two batches completed so far.

Batch 19: 0/100
Batch 20: 0/100
Batch 21: *in progress*

Total eggs hatched: 2035
I completed 3 more batches and got me a shiny! :

Batch 21:0/100
Batch 22:0/100
Batch 23:1/100 18th Egg

Male 31/31/31/5/31/31 My first completely flawless shiny! He's fabulous!

Going for shiny Tyrunt now, I just need to find a good foreign parent.
I think i'll record future batches in 300's since i've started collecting eggs in bulk.

Total eggs hatched: 2335
Shinies: 6

I think i'll record future batches in 300's since i've started collecting eggs in bulk.

How coincident. I just got an Aerodactyl too. Doesn't count eggs yet but i think it's around 200 or so. Still thinking about the next target

Last edited:
I have the shiny charm and would like to help. I'll start by donating 500 eggs in 5 batches of 100.
I'm going to go for a shiny Deino in a luxury ball. Hopefully it'll have good IVs

Last edited:
Hello again, I normally wait a little longer before posting, but in 190 eggs I've hatched two shinys! A Sentret, and a Buneary!

Total eggs hatched on record: 4590

Total shinys hatched on record: 12

shinnies: 27

Growlithe: #1927th
Pumpkaboo: #2077th
Noibat: #2412th
Houndour: #3035th
Sableye: #4248th
Bagon: #4509th
Sneasel: #4649th
Treecko: #4741st
Mudkip: #4778th
Feebas: #4915th
Feebas: #5142nd
Swablu: 5459th
Bagon: 6748th
Slowpoke: 7148th
Numel: 7880th
Carvanha: 8727th
Tyrunt: 8869th
Koffing: 9039td
Weedle: 9322nd
Pidgey: 9334th
Snorunt: 9690th
Onix: 9773rd
Charmander: 10571st
Cottenee: 10627th
Eevee: 10712th
Eevee: 11889th
Taillow: 12818th
Shuppet: (in the process)

eggs hatched so far: 12823

Super luck today. I just got shiny Teddiursa in less than 30 eggs and shiny Oddish in less than 5 egg . Honestly they pop up so fast that i haven't breed good eggs move on them yet (Teddi lack Crunch). Anyway what awesome luck. Teddi have 31/31/31/31/18/23 iv while Oddish got flawless iv 31/x/31/31/31/31 consider i just catch the parent with random iv at friend safari.
Update
Egg hatch: 77300 eggs
Shiny hatched: 139
Personal ratio: 1/556

Well I've finally got the shiny charm in my Y version by making a Living dex, so i've been masuda breeding for a shiny electrike while I finish my first batch
of Tyrunt in X.

Batch 24: 0/300 German Electrike X English Electrike

Batch 25: *in progress* Spanish Tyrunt X English Tyrunt

Total eggs hatched: 2635

How coincident. I just got an Aerodactyl too. Doesn't count eggs yet but i think it's around 200 or so. Still thinking about the next target
That is pretty funny! I've always liked the pink and blue in shiny Aerodactyl.
And I've discovered Omastar, Cradily, Armaldo and Rampardos all the 'pink' themed shinies too, so after i'm finished with Tyrunt I think i'll go for a pink fossil Pokemon set.

That is pretty funny! I've always liked the pink and blue in shiny Aerodactyl.
And I've discovered Omastar, Cradily, Armaldo and Rampardos all the 'pink' themed shinies too, so after i'm finished with Tyrunt I think i'll go for a pink fossil Pokemon set.
I think Cradily and Armaldo are more gray while Rampardos more red than pink.
But if you like "pink" shiny there are a ton of them. Most shiny Water type are pink - it may be a trend there
I go for grass type now - love the "green" color though
Finish all shiny starter and all dragon type now (exclude legend of course)

I think Cradily and Armaldo are more gray while Rampardos more red than pink.
But if you like "pink" shiny there are a ton of them. Most shiny Water type are pink - it may be a trend there
I go for grass type now - love the "green" color though
Finish all shiny starter and all dragon type now (exclude legend of course)
Rampardos does look a little red.

But Cradily and Armaldo look very pink to me.
I like the idea of using teams of pink Pokemon, but most normally pink Pokemon tend to always fit into a bulky/healer role
so getting pink shiny Pokemon that could fill offensive roles those teams would need sounded like the best idea to balance them out.
I see you've hatched some shiny Heracross, that's a shiny i'd definitely like to hunt for sometime in the future.

Well I've finally got the shiny charm in my Y version by making a Living dex, so i've been masuda breeding for a shiny electrike while I finish my first batch
of Tyrunt in X.

Batch 24: 0/300 German Electrike X English Electrike

Batch 25: *in progress* Spanish Tyrunt X English Tyrunt

Total eggs hatched: 2635
Also, finished a batch of Tyrunt with no luck

Batch 25: 0/300

Total eggs hatched: 2935

Rampardos does look a little red.

But Cradily and Armaldo look very pink to me.
I like the idea of using teams of pink Pokemon, but most normally pink Pokemon tend to always fit into a bulky/healer role
so getting pink shiny Pokemon that could fill offensive roles those teams would need sounded like the best idea to balance them out.
I see you've hatched some shiny Heracross, that's a shiny i'd definitely like to hunt for sometime in the future.

Also, finished a batch of Tyrunt with no luck

Batch 25: 0/300

Total eggs hatched: 2935
There are some "pink" shiny that are worthy for a team slot though. With some careful planning we could have a pretty girlish pink team
For example:
Mega: Heracross, Alakazam, Swampert, Loppuny , Ampharos and Garchomp (he turn pink)
Revenge killer: Crobat, Houchrow, Weavile
Sp. attacker: Magmortar
Physical attacker : Apipom, Drapion, escavalier, infernape
Tank: Blissey, Aromatisse, Walrein, cofagrigus, mandibuzz, quagsire

How about we have some theme color based battle? It would be awesome

There are some "pink" shiny that are worthy for a team slot though. With some careful planning we could have a pretty girlish pink team
For example:
Mega: Heracross, Alakazam, Swampert, Loppuny , Ampharos and Garchomp (he turn pink)
Revenge killer: Crobat, Houchrow, Weavile
Sp. attacker: Magmortar
Physical attacker : Apipom, Drapion, escavalier, infernape
Tank: Blissey, Aromatisse, Walrein, cofagrigus, mandibuzz, quagsire

How about we have some theme color based battle? It would be awesome
It definitely would be, i'm not super competitive but it sounds fun.
Though it'll probably have to wait until my vacation is over and I can get more reliable internet connection.

It definitely would be, i'm not super competitive but it sounds fun.
Though it'll probably have to wait until my vacation is over and I can get more reliable internet connection.
Sure. I'm not really battle much since i started shiny hunt. But i like to battle the fellow comrade here

I started hatching on Saturday and I'm about 210 eggs into a pledge of 300.

I have the shiny charm after unlocking my Pokedex using Power saves, and then having collected it from Professor Sycamore's lab.

I'll post the results soon as I should have it completed by today!

(Is the spreadsheet on Saturday he first page still being updated :)?)

I started hatching on Saturday and I'm about 210 eggs into a pledge of 300.

I have the shiny charm after unlocking my Pokedex using Power saves, and then having collected it from Professor Sycamore's lab.

I'll post the results soon as I should have it completed by today!

(Is the spreadsheet on Saturday he first page still being updated :)?)
It's been outdate for a long time now. May be we should find someone to take over

It's been outdate for a long time now. May be we should find someone to take over
That sounds like a good idea. Maybe I could do it....

I run own battle guild so regular time updating my be limited to only a couple of times a week, but that's better than nothing I suppose :).

By the way I've read up on your progress, and I really enjoyed reading your posts - congrats in particular on the 6 IV Snivy and 30 Attack IV Torchic :D.

Rather productive few batches, quite happy with the turnout. Shinies of two of my favorite Pokemon :) Phantump had an ideal spread of 31/31/31/x/31/31, but no Harvest (thankfully Natural Cure is usable), while Gastly ended up 31/31/31/31/x/31, neither of which are too bad. Considering I haven't exactly played competitively in a while, these will suit my needs (?) just fine. Think I might aim for that shiny Magikarp again, or perhaps Slowpoke or Snorlax...hmm...

Japanese Ditto/English Phantump
1.7: 1/750
Japanese Ditto/English Magikarp
1.8: 0/300
Japanese Ditto/English Gastly
1.9: 1/300

Total: 1/600 (4/2400)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)