Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

I hatched exactly 1,200 Pidgey eggs, so that's a nice number to be added to the data sheet. I also managed to hatch a Shiny Pidgey (to reclaim the only Gen 3 shiny I found and lost) on Egg 1,018, so that's nice :)

After the next two weeks, I think I'll aim for Shiny Zorua, to make up the 2nd member of my blue/purple Shiny Dark-type team.

hello again. hatched 550 more eggs. Got an additional shiny, 5 IV flawless Pumpkaboo! here are my totals:

Total eggs hatched on record: 3550

Total shinys hatched on record: 9

Sorry I was away for a long while. School and work caught up with me. I pledge another 3000 eggs.

shinnies: 26

Growlithe: #1927th
Pumpkaboo: #2077th
Noibat: #2412th
Houndour: #3035th
Sableye: #4248th
Bagon: #4509th
Sneasel: #4649th
Treecko: #4741st
Mudkip: #4778th
Feebas: #4915th
Feebas: #5142nd
Swablu: 5459th
Bagon: 6748th
Slowpoke: 7148th
Numel: 7880th
Carvanha: 8727th
Tyrunt: 8869th
Koffing: 9322nd
Weedle: 9322nd
Pidgey: 9334th
Snorunt: 9690th
Onix: 9773rd
Charmander: 10571st
Cottenee: 10627th
Eevee: 10712th
Eevee: 11889th
Taillow: (currently working on)

eggs hatched so far: 11892

Hi !
I'm new here, and french, so i hope to be in the right place in order to help the research.

I'm a massive shiny hunter (fire red / red (yep) / ORAS masuda) and i've hatched many eggs.

So, i've started when X/Y came out, so I think you'll not be so surprised with the amount of eggs :

Eggs hatched : 82 800
Shiny hatched : 159
Personal chance : 520.75

I can provide every number for every shiny egg etc.
I hope it can help.

Wow, it's been so long since I last did my last batch of masuda method eggs.
This year of College was a drag and I'd completely forgot about this thread until i found some shinies while hoard training in ORAS so I think i'll get back into it now that my exams are finally over (turns out A-levels a really hard)
So I thought i'd go back to breeding for that shiny Gastly again, I've got a couple of batches done so far:
Batch 15: 0/100
Batch 16: 0/100
Batch 17: *in progress*

Total eggs hatched: 1635
Shinies: 3

Hi !
I'm new here, and french, so i hope to be in the right place in order to help the research.

I'm a massive shiny hunter (fire red / red (yep) / ORAS masuda) and i've hatched many eggs.

So, i've started when X/Y came out, so I think you'll not be so surprised with the amount of eggs :

Eggs hatched : 82 800
Shiny hatched : 159
Personal chance : 520.75

I can provide every number for every shiny egg etc.
I hope it can help.
How does one hunt shinies in Red version?

I helped this research last year and I am wondering... the Number of times you have seen a pokemon seems to affect the shiny rate when using dexnav, and I am positive Shiny charm also increase the chance to get a shiny with the app. But I have been chaining with dexnav for eggs moves and then start to breed with my foreign ditto, and I have been getting one or two shinies from every breeding project I am making in a few amount of eggs (search level of pokemon is always above 100). My doubt is: Does the shiny rate is increased by Shiny Charm, Masuda Method and also by the Search level of pokemon in the Pokedex in ORAS? I am very surprised shinies keep appearing in a constant high rate.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Well technically, you could catch a bunch of Pokemon in Red, and trade them to GSC to see if they're shiny (shininess was calculated by IVs in Gen II). But if someone hunts for shiny Pokemon in such a manner, they need their head examined. :p

Well technically, you could catch a bunch of Pokemon in Red, and trade them to GSC to see if they're shiny (shininess was calculated by IVs in Gen II). But if someone hunts for shiny Pokemon in such a manner, they need their head examined. :p
Exactly, I know there are a few ways to glitch gen 1 pokemon to appear shiny when traded to gen 2 but that wouldn't really be defined as 'Hunting' shinies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I actually replied something along the lines of "you can, but it's a waste of time", but then it struck me that it is actally a legit question.

It requires Pokémon Stadium, though. You see, certain nicknames make certain Pokémon appear in a different colour when played with using Pokémon Stadium. Shiny hunting in Pokémon Red would thus involve a Nintendo 64, Pokémon Stadium, and a lot of time tweaking nicknames with the Name Rater.

Shiny pokemon concept was introduced in the second generation pokemon games. So there was no shiny pokemon in Pokemon Red Version.
I know, and that's what confused me regarding his claims.
Well I finished another batch and on the 41st egg, a shiny Gastly! Yes!
And it's my first shiny in a special ball(a moon ball) so i'm stoked.

Batch 17: 1/100 Female 31/31/7/31/31/31

I think i'll start with treecko next, a shiny mega sceptile sounds awesome.
Spanish Male Sceptile X English Female Treecko

Batch 18: *in progress*

Total eggs hatched: 1735
Shinies: 4

Last edited:
I actually replied something along the lines of "you can, but it's a waste of time", but then it struck me that it is actally a legit question.

It requires Pokémon Stadium, though. You see, certain nicknames make certain Pokémon appear in a different colour when played with using Pokémon Stadium. Shiny hunting in Pokémon Red would thus involve a Nintendo 64, Pokémon Stadium, and a lot of time tweaking nicknames with the Name Rater.
True, but those nicknames can be used for any Pokemon owned by the player and don't have any effect in any games other than the Stadium series,
so I don't think they're considered "shiny".

Hey all, I'm new to smogon but I'm a fairly casual shiny hunter. Currently going for a female combee, so ill like to pledge 1000 eggs towards that to start with. I've hacted 459 as of now (took ages to get a email confirmation to active this account).

wow many posts about hunting on Red.
Shiny on 1G are determined by IVs so they exists. You can trade them on Gen II and have the proof of the Shiny
But yep, I'm hunting on Pokémon Red by the help of a little hack. Shiny are showed on Pokémon Red (with not many Shiny Palets) but you can shiny hunt on the game.

I will not continue this off-topic, if you want to see it no problem :3

An annoying, but necessary step to keep the spambots out. We had to remove dozens of them every day until recently.
Oh that makes sense :) I made an account when ORAS came out last year and tried to get the confirmation for a good 2hrs but gave up. This time it worked, so I'm pretty happy :P

wow many posts about hunting on Red.
Shiny on 1G are determined by IVs so they exists. You can trade them on Gen II and have the proof of the Shiny
But yep, I'm hunting on Pokémon Red by the help of a little hack. Shiny are showed on Pokémon Red (with not many Shiny Palets) but you can shiny hunt on the game.

I will not continue this off-topic, if you want to see it no problem :3
There are so many posts on Shiny hunting in Gen 1 mainly because I don't think anyone has made a claim to be able to do such a thing before.
Your post confused me so much I actually googled whether anyone had attempted to hunt shinies in Gen 1, nothing came up.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...586_333673043496690_7579012895533933934_o.jpg
an exemple :3

And for egg hatching, I did something like 900 eggs and.. nothing
Ahh, now i see, i'm guessing the hack changes the palette for pokemon that have the correct IV's to show up shiny in Gen II?
Also I wish you luck on your current hunt, what are you trying for?

I know, and that's what confused me regarding his claims.
Well I finished another batch and on the 41st egg, a shiny Gastly! Yes!
And it's my first shiny in a special ball(a moon ball) so i'm stoked.

Batch 17: 1/100 Female 31/31/7/31/31/31

I think i'll start with treecko next, a shiny mega sceptile sounds awesome.
Spanish Male Sceptile X English Female Treecko

Batch 18: *in progress*

Total eggs hatched: 1735
Shinies: 4
And on the shiny treecko hunt, I started my first batch and on the 55th egg I got my shiny treecko!
I think that's the shortest hunt i've had so far, he has imperfect speed but sceptile is naturally pretty fast so i'll move on to something different
for now at least.
Perhaps shiny Tyrunt?

Batch 18: 1/100 Male 31/31/31/31/31/19

Batch 19: *undecided*

Total eggs hatched: 1835
Shinies: 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 300 Larvitars and still no shiny. I have started hatching my thired batch. This is my longest hunt so far. It's messing up my ratio.

Total eggs hatches 2100
Number of shinies: 3

Hey all, I'm new to smogon but I'm a fairly casual shiny hunter. Currently going for a female combee, so ill like to pledge 1000 eggs towards that to start with. I've hacted 459 as of now (took ages to get a email confirmation to active this account).
Just finished my first 1k got 2 shinies, so gonna pledge another 1000.

Eggs - 1000
Shinies - 2
Personal Shiny Rate - 500

Shinies
745th egg - Male Combee
823rd egg - Male Combee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)