Shifters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm the one that requested this thread be bumped, I ought to post. I was pondering the same basic concept, only with Types shifted the other direction. But I digress...

Someone pointed this out on the first page, but Rock/Fighting Gengar sounds wonderful. Its STABs are arguably even better than before (the "arguably" part comes from losing Ghost). It also gets an Ice-Type Giga Drain and Electric Focus Blast, giving it better coverage if you want to go with an all-out attacking set. It resists Stealth Bug, too.

Maybe this is just me, but I really like the idea of a Fire/Ground Mantine with Water Absorb. This only leaves it with a weakness to Ground (Flying) moves. It resists Fire, Poison, Bug, Steel, and Fairy, and is immune to Water and Electric. Unfortunately, it still doesn't have a great movepool.

Steel/Flying Gardevoir seems interesting. It loses its offensive type (and Mega Gardevoir can't use Pixilate at all), but gains what is probably the best defensive typing in the game.

A few Pokémon lose niches. Gliscor, as a Poison-Type, can no longer use Poison Heal. Scizor's been noted already, but what hasn't been noted is that it's 4x weak to Stealth Bug (That's sure to put a damper on U-turn spamming). In fact, the former Bug/Steel Types are the only things that are 4x weak to it. Grass/Psychic and Grass/Dark don't exist (they would have to come from Ice/Bug and Ice/Steel).

A few questions for The Eevee General:
-Are Ghost Types (Dragons) immune to Toxic and Will-o-wisp, as they're Fighting and Normal moves respectively now?
-Does Hidden Power change after being assigned, or does it function like normal? If it shifts, then Fairy and Steel are unavailable as HP Types.
-Similar questions go for most variable-typed moves: does Judgment change after the Plate changes its Type? On that note, how does Multitype work? Does it alter Arceus's Type like normal (so it corresponds to the held Plate) or is its Type shifted further after the Plate changes it?

All things considered I think this is a really fun concept.

EV

Banned deucer.
-Will-o-Wisp and Toxic still hit the new Ghosts-types even though they're Normal and Fighting moves respectively. Ghosts are only immune to Normal and Fighting attacks, not status. (In standard, certain moves still affect types where attacks would fail. For instance, Glare can paralyze a Ghost-type and Confuse Ray can confuse a Normal-type.) But keep in mind Will-o-Wisp still can't burn Fire-types and Toxic can't poison Poison-types (because the type chart says they're immune.)
-I'm not sure with HP. That's a coding question I don't have the answer for. I would like it to shift accordingly, so if you want HP Fire, you'd assign HP Water.
-Multitype should in my mind stay the same since it's affected by the plates Arceus holds. This meta says each Pokemon's type shifts and the moves shift, too. It doesn't say items shift. So an Earth Plate should still boost Ground (formally Flying) moves and change Arceus into a Ground-type Pokemon.

Does that even make sense? This meta is just too confusing even for me.

The status question is an interesting one; in my version, I had Toxic, which became Ground, ineffective against Flying Pokémon. But you're right; in most instances status ignores Type immunities (Thunder Wave seems to be the exception). I expected Burning and Poisoning Fire and Poison-types respectively would still be null, though.

Yeah, it's a confusing concept. Most often when moves or Pokémon can be different types. Thanks for the answers, though!

This looks freakin' amazing; love the idea of Flying becoming the new meta because of Mega Gardevoir replacing Talonflame. Hurray, decent special Flying moves!

Hmm. So we have Water type Contrary Serperior and Fire type Sheer Force Feraligatr with Dragon type Crunch, means having near perfect coverage. Very cool.

Electric-Flying Jynx. Probably won't make A rank, but I think it will see some niche usage. If only there were a physical version of Assault Vest....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)