ShellPass

I love Shell Smash and really wanted to build a team around it. I also included Breloom in here as he is my favorite pokemon and he actually works wonders on this team as a lategame sweeper and sleep inducer. That said, enjoy...

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bouce
EVs: 252HP/4SpA/252SPE
Nature: Timid
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Shadowball
*My usual "Lead" and status absorber. Dual Screens for Gorebyss to set up and pass Shell Smash. The Evs in HP are to take a hit (hopefully) and the EVs in SPE are to make sure she gets reflect up quickly. Psychic and Shadowball to attack, just in case. Light Clay extends the Screens. Idealy she sets up reflect and light screen and is traded out for goebyss or sweeper since they can all boost themselves also.*

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252SPE
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
*My Special Sweeper is none other than this guy. After a Shell Pass he becomes a BEAST! If he can get even one Nasty Plot he can rip apart an opposing team like he's a muscley...genie...demon in a paper bag. Thunderbolt for STAB and Focus Blast for coverage. Nasty Plot is obvious. Taunt may seem odd on a sweeper but he can also lead with his it's increased priority.*

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 116HP/160SpA/234SPE
- Baton Pass
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Surf
*The terror that is GOREBYSS! Smash and then pass it. Pretty straight forward. She needs espys screens up to effectivly smash and pass. Ice Beam and Surf for attacking if she can't pass and the EVs are for survivability and speed. White Herb is here because she needs it. I've thought about pokemon with momento but I don't know how they'd fit on the team. Latios is one option but I can't use him on wifi.*

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Herb
EVs: 4HP/252ATK/252SPE
Nature: Adamant
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
*Breloom is my favorite pokemon and I cannot build a team without him. Standard 'Loom. Seed Bomb for coverage. He's here to sweep late game. Spore is also an incredible help on a Baton Passing team as it creates a very good Passing situation.*

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4HP/252ATK/252SPE
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
*Metapod...i mean gross. This guy is my main physical attacker and for good reason. Standard Sweeper EV spread. Bullet Punch for priority and STAB. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt for STAB also and Hammer Arm for coverage. Air Balloon to prevent oncoming ErfQuacks. Simple strategy here. Get the shell and proceed to wreck house.*

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248HP/252DEF/8SpD
Nature: Bold
- Wish
- Scald
- Roar
- Protect
*My Cleric. Vaporeon has save my butt many a time. With wish support my team can last much longer and Thundurus can boost itself through Nasty Plot. Scald's handy 30% Burn is a major blessing. Protect acts as ascouting move and can ensure that Vaporeon receives her own wish. Roar is to phase out Vaporeons counters.*

Past Members:
Haxorus
Volcarona
Garchomp

I hope this helps, cause the first time I wrote this, I lost it all cause I submitted it when I wasn't logged in..

Well first off, nice team. Shell smash is pretty awesome and you have an excellent way to really take advantage of it.

I notice a lot of your sweepers (bar metagross) are pretty frail, although screens help the survivability.

Consider this situation: One of your sweepers die, so you switch into gorebyss to pass another shell smash. It gets KOed due to lack of white herb and damage from the previous set-up... What to do now? Add in the fact that whirlwind and roar are common moves, and you get yourself a team relying on a strategy that can easily fail. You need a Plan B just in case.

I understand your sweepers can set up on their own, but that causes you to have a team composed of sweepers with the lack of walls, which can be fatal.

Lets look at your team:

1 Lead
1 Special Sweeper
3 Physical Sweepers
1 Baton Passer.

Ah, we see the problem now. Does the team really need 3 Physical sweepers? Metagross can act as a revenge killer with Bullet Punch, and Breloom Helps you pass stat increases with the use of Spore. Now Garchomp, while powerful, just sticks out there. Think about it: 4 sweepers is asking for trouble, 3 is workable. Think of good chomp replacements, you need a wall to back you up in case things go wrong.

Blissey or Vaporeon. Do I need to say more? Your team can benefit from having healthy sweepers, and both learn Wish and Heal Bell and can act as walls..perfect.

Gorebyss wont survive very long in an OU battle, so having a team that can work after Gorebyss kicks the bucket is a smart way to go.

Other than that, I have nothing else to say. Good luck in building a team that can rack up wins. Hope I helped.

thank you so much for your input. that really helped alot andi wish more people were that honest and helpful. anyway. i'm thinking about uxie for screens and momento maybe to replace espeon. idk yet though. and i have a wish vaporeon in my PC so i'll try her out. any advice on vaporeon sets?

Here is a good Vaporeon set that uses both Heal Bell and Wish:

Vaporeon @Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/ 220 Def/ 32 SpD
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Attk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Scald/Surf

Heal Bell on Vaporeon isn't too common, Blissey does a better job as a cleric.

I would keep Espeon as you can always pass shell smash to it if the opponent is threatening with Roar or Whirlwind. It can also be used as a last resort relatively effectively. Just my thoughts.

jusy hope you enjoy this team till tomorrow when shellpass gets banned

Anyways, you might wanna try Baton pass Espeon w/ Stored power. It helps a lot in an incomming Skarmory @ full hp, whom you wont kill due to sturdy and get whirlwinded.

Also, I would suggust Jellicent so you have a good wall, with say will-o-wisp and recover for opposing phisical sweepers and that great SDef for backup.

This is almost exactly the same as some other shellpass team on here, and I'm giving the exact same rate:

there is NO reason to make your Breloom a subpuncher. if you're passing a fucking shell break to it, don't make it a slow stalling loom. for god sakes. give it drain punch if he learns it or something.

haha no, you don't, cocky asshole. but alright stick with your bad team choices and watch as your team doesn't go very high on the ladder <3

The irony in your above post makes me lol, considering there are numerous grammatical errors yet you're trying to deliver an insult regarding English skills.

ye lol. subpunch breloom is a huge savior 2 ur team (c wat i did there?). u really need something defencive, and salamence really helps with chomps sweep, by weakening his counters. Mence is easily the best smashpass receptant in the game, ive used it with smashpass 4 ages and gets the 6-0 or 6-1 about 70% of the time, assuming the other 30% gorebyss doesn't get 2 smashpass or the situation isn't rite 2 send in mence. garchomp is good as a receptant 2, but Salamence!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)