SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Rillaboom gonna be feeling very happy. Also oooh Poltergeist now Basculegion Male could actually have a Ghost type STAB. Also this likely means Expanding Force is coming back so I can use Indeedee and Hatterene in Doubles again and I'm not forced to use Armarouge to do psychic terrain fun times.

Rillaboom gonna be feeling very happy. Also oooh Poltergeist now Basculegion Male could actually have a Ghost type STAB
Outside of smogon ruleset, Poltergeist would actually be much MUCH better than Last Respects in VGC, since LR in VGC will rarely have more than 100 BP anyway, whereas Poltergeist is consistent and nearly always relevant as Knock Off is pretty rare and consumable items are relatively uncommon.

(I still don't think Basculegion will have a lot of use sadly since rain isn't a fully committal archetype worth running and Urshifu-R + Pelipper on its own is enough of a core for it)

I don't think Basculegion will have Poltergeist to begin with. Mimikyu, Aegi and Pult didn't have it last Gen, and the first 2 fit more for the move than Basculegion

I don't think Basculegion will have Poltergeist to begin with. Mimikyu, Aegi and Pult didn't have it last Gen, and the first 2 fit more for the move than Basculegion
I don't think this is necessarly correct, as they have shown they can change their mind about TM availability, see Body Press Zamazenta.
So while unlikely I don't file it as impossible.

Outside of smogon ruleset, Poltergeist would actually be much MUCH better than Last Respects in VGC, since LR in VGC will rarely have more than 100 BP anyway, whereas Poltergeist is consistent and nearly always relevant as Knock Off is pretty rare and consumable items are relatively uncommon.

(I still don't think Basculegion will have a lot of use sadly since rain isn't a fully committal archetype worth running and Urshifu-R + Pelipper on its own is enough of a core for it)
Yeah won't disagree there Urshifu-R is second in usage in VGC for a reason but still seems like a decent buff for Basculegion-M regardless. Though saying that iirc I'm not entirely sure if the full details for Reg E have been revealed so we may not know if Urshifu is legal in that format so maybe Basculegion could be more notable in that meta game alongside access to Poltergeist

Yeah won't disagree there Urshifu-R is second in usage in VGC for a reason but still seems like a decent buff for Basculegion-M regardless. Though saying that iirc I'm not entirely sure if the full details for Reg E have been revealed so we may not know if Urshifu is legal in that format so maybe Basculegion could be more notable in that meta game alongside access to Poltergeist
Reg E has already been revealed and it's "every pokemon available in the game, including Home transfers and pokemon available in DLC 1"

So I'm afraid Urshifu is here to stay. Though who knows maybe meta shifts enough that it's not that dominant anymore... or maybe not, expecially if by any cursed scenario it gets Flip Turn to hit even harder while pivoting....

Reg E has already been revealed and it's "every pokemon available in the game, including Home transfers and pokemon available in DLC 1"

So I'm afraid Urshifu is here to stay. Though who knows maybe meta shifts enough that it's not that dominant anymore... or maybe not, expecially if by any cursed scenario it gets Flip Turn to hit even harder while pivoting....
Yeah I went back and checked and yeah I got that one wrong. At least Neutralizing Gas Weezing can remove Unseen fist...that'll help right? Right?

Yeah I went back and checked and yeah I got that one wrong. At least Neutralizing Gas Weezing can remove Unseen fist...that'll help right? Right?
It would actually help if not for the fact Weezing and G-Weezing kinda suck.
Their only niche was enablying the Dynamax Regigigas strategy and that's gone.

Obviously if such ability or equivalent was on an actually good pokemon...

It would actually help if not for the fact Weezing and G-Weezing kinda suck.
Their only niche was enablying the Dynamax Regigigas strategy and that's gone.

Obviously if such ability or equivalent was on an actually good pokemon...
They may see some use with Slaking for the same reason as Regigigas. I mean people tried Doodle Grafaiai to try and support Slaking and Weezing probably can do a much better job. It's not much but still

I don't think this is necessarly correct, as they have shown they can change their mind about TM availability, see Body Press Zamazenta.
So while unlikely I don't file it as impossible.
It's not necessarily correct, but there are some patterns in this specific move.

There are 2 Main questions that need to be asked:
1. Does the Pokemon fit for the move? In this case, jester ghosts, ones in haunted house or ones made by humans, or in contact with them.
2. Would the Pokemon be broken with the move?

If the answer to first question is Yes, and to the second is NO, the Pokemon most likely gets the move (unless it's unlucky Banette or Drifblim). Mons like Gengar, Golurk or Gourgeist, fit perfectly for the move and have it without being broken.
If only one condition is met, it's a lottery. Decidueye and Cursola don't fit for the move, but have it, yet they are broken with the move. Aegi and Mimikyu do fit, but don't have the move, while I don't think they would be broken, they would be very strong users of the move, so I can see someone at GF thinking they would break the VGC Meta. On the other hand, Marshadow fits for the move, has it, but is broken regardless of the move.
If Mon neither fits for the move and would be broken with it, it most likely doesn't have the move. That's what happens with Dragapult, which is pretty much the only example. Well, we have Giratina (with the move), but it's already Uber without it.

Based on these assumptions, I predict Basculegion without the move, it would be broken with it, and doesn't fit either, it's just a dead fish. Brambleghast might have the move on the other hand, as well as Hisuian Zoroark, Flutter Mane, Annihilape (Rage Fist is much more dangerous than Poltergeist), Sinitcha and Gholdengo.

Based on these assumptions, I predict Basculegion without the move, it would be broken with it
I'm not really sold on this subject.
Basculegion can use Last Respects in VGC / BSS and has almost 0 usage. Poltergeist is a 120 BP move (so better than LR on average but worse on a lategame scenario) but most notably it's a powerful yet high risk move due to consumables actually being somewhat common in VGC due to item clause (most notably, Berryes and Focus Sash as well as Booster Energy). Large majority of the time you're still just clicking Wave Crash anyway (expecially in rain).
I don't really see any reason for which it wouldn't be able to get it.

That said I definitely do agree that Dragapult was intentionally kept away from having a reliable phisical ghost stab for balance reasons and is likely to stay that way.

And Gamefreak is surprised people are genning?

The trailer clearly showed Milotic using it, so either its a TM or its been added to Milotic's level up pool.
...Or it was pre-release footage of a mock-up fight with animations they had on hand.
...Or it's a new move altogether that reuses the same animation.

I'd be really surprised if GameFreak went through the process of scrubbing Scald from everything and give it a soft (very soft) replacement in Chilling Water only to go "lol nah fam, here you go again" and redistribute it. Its removal seemed to be a very conscious decision.
That said I could see Milotic getting preferential treatment to get it again, but I'd be wary of anyone else getting it.

I'd be really surprised if GameFreak went through the process of scrubbing Scald from everything and give it a soft (very soft) replacement in Chilling Water only to go "lol nah fam, here you go again" and redistribute it. Its removal seemed to be a very conscious decision.
That said I could see Milotic getting preferential treatment to get it again, but I'd be wary of anyone else getting it.
Yesn't.

Formerly widely distributed moves going MIA in a game only to be re-released widely in the next one isn't a new thing, they've done this with both ORAS and USUM.
While they didn't tecnically do this for SwSh, nothing excludes the same to happen in SV.

One could tecnically argue it is P2W, and to some degree, it is, but the new Home relearnsystem should tecnically allow you to teach "newly learnable" moves if you were able to obtain them in previous gens.

Es if Pelipper is suddently gaining Scald from TM134, and you are able to teach it Scald in SwSh, then moving it to SwSh, teaching it Scald and then moving back to SV should allow you to keep Scald assuming Home is properly updated.

(And honestly, the P2W part is pretty moot, as any serious VGC player will be getting the DLCs regardless due to the new legendaries anyway)

Yesn't.

Formerly widely distributed moves going MIA in a game only to be re-released widely in the next one isn't a new thing, they've done this with both ORAS and USUM.
While they didn't tecnically do this for SwSh, nothing excludes the same to happen in SV.

One could tecnically argue it is P2W, and to some degree, it is, but the new Home relearnsystem should tecnically allow you to teach "newly learnable" moves if you were able to obtain them in previous gens.

Es if Pelipper is suddently gaining Scald from TM134, and you are able to teach it Scald in SwSh, then moving it to SwSh, teaching it Scald and then moving back to SV should allow you to keep Scald assuming Home is properly updated.

(And honestly, the P2W part is pretty moot, as any serious VGC player will be getting the DLCs regardless due to the new legendaries anyway)
There's a key distinction here in that, while you couldn't get Knock Off again in G7 until USUM, that didn't preclude you from transferring over something that learnt it in PtHGSS/B2W2/ORAS. Really it was only relevant for the Battle Stadium/VGC side of things.
Honestly, with how brazen the Chilling Water comparison is to Scald (both being special water attacks that lower the opponent's Attack), it does strike me as GameFreak regretting Scald in a sense and trying to rein it back in.

Though yeah, GameFreak may want to entice (i.e. force) competitive players to buy DLC to keep up, they mostly seem to do that mostly with new move tutors and disgustingly broken Pokémon which they no doubt will wind up regretting making... but we'll see. They do seem to have gated some old tutor moves to new TMs.

Not related to the new moves, but Serebii is also saying it has a new minigame you can get tera shards from. Hopefully they're easy and fast to get. I don't wanna have to grind raids just to get a decent tera type.

...Or it was pre-release footage of a mock-up fight with animations they had on hand.
...Or it's a new move altogether that reuses the same animation.
I don’t think either of these really make sense. There’s a million moves they could’ve shown Milotic using and it’s not like it’s an early demo build of a brand new game. Scald also already exists in SV so it would be really bizarre if they made a new move with the exact same animation.

Toxic (again) and Scald coming back but with limited distribution would be the funniest option so I want that one to happen.

Not related to the new moves, but Serebii is also saying it has a new minigame you can get tera shards from. Hopefully they're easy and fast to get. I don't wanna have to grind raids just to get a decent tera type.
The minigame is that ballon popping game they showed off last month.
Just going to guess that it'll probably take a couple minutes per run

The real questions will be:
-how many do you get per run. Is it a pittance? That'd still probably be faster than raids for numerous reasons, but 50's still a lot to get
-what type you get. Is it random? Determined by specific factors? Do you get a variety of them all at once?

Basically will this be the solution to shard woes or is it just an alternative that's still going to take a lot of time

This also applies to the mochi we get.

Count me on team "I hope for limited-distribution Toxic", though I hope it's at least more generous than BDSP. Here's the probable base line learnlist, which is just everything that gets it by level-up or egg in SV currently (only by evo marked with > ):

Grimer
Grimer-Alola
Muk
Muk-Alola
Gastly
>Haunter
>Gengar
Wooper
Wooper-Paldea
Quagsire
Slowking-Galar
Qwilfish
Qwilfish-Hisui
Shroomish
Breloom
Gulpin
Swalot
Vespiquen
Stunky
Skuntank
Croagunk
Toxicroak
Foongus
Amoonguss
Skrelp
Dragalge
Mareanie
Toxapex
Salandit
Salazzle
Toxtricity
Toxtricity-Low
Eternatus
Overqwil
Shroodle
>Grafaiai
Toedscool
>Toedscruel
Varoom
>Revavroom
Glimmet
>Glimmora
Clodsire

I'm confident someone had a speculative list somewhere in these 400 pages...
I didn't have a list per se but I DID make a Bingo Card generator, which has a list within it

https://tinyurl.com/scarviodlctmbingo

(unless it's unlucky Banette
not sure what you mean by this. The reason Banette doesn't have Poltergeist yet is simply because it hasn't been in a game with Poltergeist yet

I'm definitely in team "limited distribution Toxic" as everything having it made no sense and was frustrating.

Though I can't lie, I would like for Stall mons like Almomola and Blissey to get Toxic to be more effective.

1. Feint
1. Poison Fang
1. Taunt
9. Rock Smash
13. Acid
17. Fake Out
21. Arm Thrust
25. Roar
29. Bulk Up
33. Poison Jab
37. Knock Off
41. Drain Punch
45. Parting Shot
49. Dire Claw
54. Superpower
58. Giga Impact

TM001. Take Down
TM004. Agility
TM006. Scary Face
TM007. Protect
TM008. Fire Fang
TM009. Thunder Fang
TM010. Ice Fang
TM012. Low Kick
TM013. Acid Spray
TM014: Acrobatics
TM018. Thief
TM020. Trailblaze
TM021. Pounce
TM025. Facade
TM028. Bulldoze
TM030. Snarl
TM031. Metal Claw
TM032. Swift
TM038. Flame Charge
TM039. Low Sweep
TM043. Fling
TM044. Dragon Tail
TM047. Endure
TM055. Dig
TM057. False Swipe
TM058. Brick Break
TM060. U-Turn
TM061. Shadow Claw
TM062. Foul Play
TM063. Psychic Fangs
TM064. Bulk Up
TM066. Body Slam
TM067. Fire Punch
TM068. Thunder Punch
TM069. Ice Punch
TM070. Sleep Talk
TM073. Drain Punch
TM078. Dragon Claw
TM080. Metronome
TM083. Poison Jab
TM084. Stomping Tantrum
TM085. Rest
TM087. Taunt
TM089. Body Press
TM094. Dark Pulse
TM095. Leech Life
TM1
Here is Okidogi’s supposed movepool.
Lot of same moves Zarude learns with a lot of ”this types version of a move“ (ie power whip and gunk shot). This part maybe be more of a stretch since lots of Pokemon know Knock Off + U-turn + Fake Out + high BP STAB that has low accuracy. But their poses are uncanny.
Ignoring all the other nonsense, they missed Okidogi's officially revealed Brutal Swing on the Japanese website's page for the DLC pokemon. In a similar vein Fezandipiti is shown with Air Slash and Munkidori uses Shadow Ball.
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sv_dlc/ja/pokemon/230808_03/
1693844313785.png

The Japanese website also confirms that the Loyal Three are not legendary by not putting them in the Legendary section.
1693844529611.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)