Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
No, it was standard OU.

Anyway, new glitch to report:

"[DEBUG] Hacking detected, switchtrapped not allowed; forcing FocusPunch.[DEBUG] before turn callback: FocusPunch.
Overdose is tightening its focus!
The foe's Weavile used Fake Out!
Overdose lost 20% of its health!
Overdose flinched!"

if you need any context, this happened twice in the match, once with my Hydreigon and the other time here with Breloom. Weavile was brought in when I KO'd Salamence.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Then that bug report isn't for Aeo, it's for the web sites that say torment works on the same turn in Gen V.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79340

Rumors\Theories proven false:
Busted: Torment now prevents a repeated move from working the same turn Torment is used, shame on me. (howabe, TheMaskedNitpicker)​

upokecenter says no changes, veekun says no changes. In my experience, all other sites are unreliable and should not be trusted.

I also have to reiterate with a bunch of people in this thread though that end of turn is messed up.
Known; I haven't worked on EOT timing much. Weather happens first; everything else happens randomly in order of speed.

Also is there a way to load battles from this into your replay viewer?
No, I don't want buggy replays floating around.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
No, it was standard OU.

Anyway, new glitch to report:

"[DEBUG] Hacking detected, switchtrapped not allowed; forcing FocusPunch.[DEBUG] before turn callback: FocusPunch.
Overdose is tightening its focus!
The foe's Weavile used Fake Out!
Overdose lost 20% of its health!
Overdose flinched!"

if you need any context, this happened twice in the match, once with my Hydreigon and the other time here with Breloom. Weavile was brought in when I KO'd Salamence.
Uh, what's the glitch? That's right, isn't it? Fake Out causes flinching.

Dry Skin should only heal 1/16 HP in rain, not 1/8
upokecenter and Veekun both say 1/8. You're going to have to post some proof if you want me to believe you.

http://veekun.com/dex/abilities/dry skin

Stratos

Banned deucer.
sorry if i didn't make it clear enough, the glitch is that i couldn't switch out against a weavile.

EDIT: Pulled a stupid, for some reason i mixed up dry skin and rain dish healing percent

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You'll have to take my word on this, since there's no proof, but I had my Swampert use Protect and Encore went before it, therefore forcing me into Earthquake.

Code:
Turn 4
Powdinet: Encore, Agility, Roost and Swords Dance... wut
The foe's Ledian used Encore!
Swampert received an encore!
Swampert used Earthquake!
[DEBUG] natural immunity.
It had no effect!

My mistake about the Regigigas thing, I was thinking of Rest and Protect, which almost every Pokemon except it can learn.

Anyways, I've found a new problem. The different Wormadam formes are counted as different Pokemon, which violates the species clause because today I battled someone who randomly got two of them. It's not the biggest problem, but still something worth mention.

If a status condition interrupts Outrage/Petal Dance/Thrash, such as sleep, paralyze, confuse, or freeze, the counter is broken and the user of the aforementioned moves should be able to select any move and not receive confusion from fatigue.

On the simulator, the Pokemon is still forced into the locked move and still becomes confused in addition to its current status.

Also, Disable does nothing.

Moxie Salamence can have Outrage, which is illegal. Poison Heal Gliscor can have Roost, which is also illegal.

breh

強いだね
I mentioned this in the main chat (so I'm usure if you've fixed it already) but intimidate is, I'm fairly sure, not supposed to activate when the user faints due to entry hazards.

Also, I've been up against an illegal Guts Flareon with Sleep Talk.

EDIT: Ingrain still does nothing, if you've tried to fix it.

The foe's Honchkrow used Sucker Punch!
Kyogre used Thunder Wave!
The foe's Honchkrow was paralyzed!
Rain continues to fall!
Turn 11

Call_Me_Charlie called Kyogre back!
Call_Me_Charlie sent out Yanmega!
Rain continues to fall!
Turn 12

Yanmega used Air Slash!
The foe's Honchkrow lost 26% of its health!
The foe's Honchkrow fainted!
Rain continues to fall!
Yanmega's Speed Boost raised its Speed!
breludicolo: nooo
breludicolo: my beautiful moxiekrow...

Yanemga should've activated its Speed Boost the turn it came out.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ingrain didn't seem to grant any recovery here:

Code:
Turn 1
The foe's Ninjask used X-Scissor!
Smeargle lost 62% of its health!
Smeargle used Ingrain!
The foe's Ninjask's Speed Boost raised its Speed!
Turn 2
Karpman called Smeargle back!
Karpman sent out Linoone!
The foe's Ninjask used X-Scissor!
Linoone lost 41% of its health!
The foe's Ninjask's Speed Boost raised its Speed!
According to Bulbapedia it should restore 1/16 to the user's health each turn.

The user plants roots in the ground, allowing it to restore 1/16th of the user's max HP between turns. This roots it firmly in place, preventing the user from escaping or switching out

Kyogre used Thunder Wave!
The foe's Honchkrow was paralyzed!
Rain continues to fall!
Turn 11

Call_Me_Charlie called Kyogre back!
Call_Me_Charlie sent out Yanmega!
Rain continues to fall!
Turn 12

Yanmega used Air Slash!
The foe's Honchkrow lost 26% of its health!
The foe's Honchkrow fainted!
Rain continues to fall!
Yanmega's Speed Boost raised its Speed!
breludicolo: nooo
breludicolo: my beautiful moxiekrow...

Yanemga should've activated its Speed Boost the turn it came out.
Speed boost does not activate on the switch in.

breh

強いだね
breludicolo called Larvitar back!
breludicolo sent out Illumise!

The foe's Umbreon used Wish!
The foe's Umbreon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Illumise restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 18

Omicron called Umbreon back!
Omicron sent out Rotom-S!

Illumise used Wish!
Umbreon's wish came true!
Illumise restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Using wish causes it to fail? I dunno.

also, transform fails to copy stat boosts as well as abilities.

belly drum spawned on hypno without physical moves or bp (seismic toss might have set it off)

Sky Attack is supposed to be a charging move (like SolarBeam). It should display a message saying "<name> became cloaked in a harsh light!" on the turn it is used, then attack on the next.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Turn 10

The foe's Magnezone used Metal Sound!
Jirachi's Special Defense sharply fell!
Jirachi used Doom Desire!
Doom Desire started. (placeholder)
The sandstorm rages!
[DEBUG] weather immunity.
Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 11

The foe's Magnezone used Thunder!
Jirachi lost 74% of its health!
Jirachi fainted!
The sandstorm rages!
AfroThunderRule sent out Houndour!
Turn 12

Albe joined.
Lucsor33 called Magnezone back!
Lucsor33 sent out Manaphy!
Houndour used Substitute!
Houndour made a substitute!
The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Manaphy is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Houndour is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Doom Desire hit! (placeholder)
Houndour restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Doom Desire hit but did no damage.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
meloetta after it used relic song didn't become from normal/psychic to normal/fighting

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Really? When I use PO I don't get Speed Boost activated on a switch-in. I'm not sure if this is like that in-game since I don't own that game. :x

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am confident that Speed Boost should activate on the switch-in - it's similar to Gliscor, who would have its Toxic Orb activate on the switch.

The only time Speed Boost wont activate at the end of the turn is when Yanmega comes in after a kill.

Ok, it has been confirmed that Speed Boost does not activate on the turn that you switch the Pokemon in. It was tested in #Pokemon. The same holds true for 4th gen as well.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I am confident that Speed Boost should activate on the switch-in - it's similar to Gliscor, who would have its Toxic Orb activate on the switch.

The only time Speed Boost wont activate at the end of the turn is when Yanmega comes in after a kill.
Speed Boost is the one of the few exceptions: Unlike most abilities and items, it explicitly does not take effect on the turn of the switch-in.

See its upokecenter entry: http://upokecenter.dreamhosters.com/games/bw/guides/abilities.php

"At the end of each round, increases bearer's Speed by 1 stage unless bearer became active after the beginning of this round."

Also, this is getting to be ridiculous. Something like half of bugs getting reported right now aren't actually bugs. I don't want to take drastic measures like kicking people out of the beta for too many useless "bug" reports, but if you guys keep it up I'm going to have to do something about it. Please don't let it get to that point.

meloetta after it used relic song didn't become from normal/psychic to normal/fighting
She did.

Just like the item names not changing after the item is changed/gone, the type icons are stuck as well for now.

But when she changes form, her type does in fact change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)