Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Do Grassy, Misty, and Electric Terrain replace Drizzle, Drought, and Sand Stream when they are used? Or do the weathers stay in place (as they do while Trick Room is up)?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Do Grassy, Misty, and Electric Terrain replace Drizzle, Drought, and Sand Stream when they are used? Or do the weathers stay in place (as they do while Trick Room is up)?
They stay up. You can have the terrain moves and weather active at the same time.

Is there a way to get Rapid spin on tentacruel? Im looking t make him my spinner for my first team, I cant seem to find any poke that is able to breed
I do have a squirtle with the move, but it only breeds with kabutops wich is unavailable as I understand it. Anyone got a solution for this?

Also, im looking for a sableye with prankster, anyone out there got one? :)

Is there a way to get Rapid spin on tentacruel? Im looking t make him my spinner for my first team, I cant seem to find any poke that is able to breed
I do have a squirtle with the move, but it only breeds with kabutops wich is unavailable as I understand it. Anyone got a solution for this?

Also, im looking for a sableye with prankster, anyone out there got one? :)
You can breed it with Greninja :p :p :p

On a more serious note, I don't think it's possible currently. Sorry!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I can confirm - I found a Dome Fossil, a Helix Fossil, and a Cover Fossil there yesterday. Kabuto is definitely available.

(I didn't find Old Amber though ;_; such unlucky, many sadness)

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get a Sachet in Pokemon X, I have two Whipped Dreams now and no Sachets, and am looking to evolve a Spritzee via trade.

Serebii says Route 16, but it's not there. The only plausible method may be to beat the Maison a bunch of times.

I posted this question before, but it seems it got drowned by other questions so I'll just repost it.

Ok, so I'm going through some of the new stuff to find good pairs/cores. I was taking a look at Gourdeist and Trevenant, whom of which intrigue me, and I couldn't really come up with any partners. Obviously I would use them as defensive spinblockers. So anyways, what would go well with them?

A twofold question regarding Friend Safari:
-I'm searching for as many people in my FC as possible to expand my friend safari possibilities. Could you please add me at: 2922-0386-7165 (and PM me if you did with your FC)
-could someone enter my Friend's Safari (when I'm online) and tell me what type I have + the mons you found at my place by PM if you ever visit? :)

I posted this question before, but it seems it got drowned by other questions so I'll just repost it.

Ok, so I'm going through some of the new stuff to find good pairs/cores. I was taking a look at Gourdeist and Trevenant, whom of which intrigue me, and I couldn't really come up with any partners. Obviously I would use them as defensive spinblockers. So anyways, what would go well with them?

Well for starters, hazard layers. They're spinblockers after all.

Grass/Ghost is pretty good against excadrill and starmie, but tentacruel may pose an issue with STAB sludge bomb. Someone who can come in and set up on him may be a good idea.

And then they're weak to ghost, dark, fire, ice, and flying. So resists to those would be good as well.

So now for specific suggestions. Greninja can lay hazards and resists all of those but flying upon switch in, but also lacks recovery and isn't the tankiest. ...Well that's really all I got, trying to figure out this new gen myself. Hating last gens metagame and being inactive for a significant part of it doesn't help :P.

EDIT@ above:

You might want to look here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ech&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

ELI5: Why does Fairy typing give Azumarill a chance at OU?

Also: What are terrain moves? What is terrain?

After you beat the elite four, where is a good place to level up fresh pokemon to 100? I know the looker scenario only last so long, and i heard about cafes being good permanent battle spots, but i have no ideahow they work or how to pick a cafe in the right level range. Any help and explanation would be appreciated. Also, i am horrible at chaining pokemon.

ELI5: Why does Fairy typing give Azumarill a chance at OU?

Also: What are terrain moves? What is terrain?
Fairy types have good resistances and good type coverage. Being immune to Dragon and resisting Fighting, arguably two of the biggest offensive typings, is a huge defensive boon. In addition, Fairy type STAB can hit the same Dragon, Fighting, and Dark types, all fairly common and powerful typings, super effectively. Azumarill was already pretty good, but the Fairy typing might be the last thing it needs to get a usage boost.

Terrain moves are akin to Trick Room in that they give added effects for 5 turns. Their catch is that they only affect grounded Pokemon, so Pokemon that hover are not affected. They give a variety of effects, such as Misty Terrain halving Dragon type move damages for grounded Pokemon. This isn't its only effect, and there are terrains. They can stack with standard weather.

After you beat the elite four, where is a good place to level up fresh pokemon to 100? I know the looker scenario only last so long, and i heard about cafes being good permanent battle spots, but i have no ideahow they work or how to pick a cafe in the right level range. Any help and explanation would be appreciated. Also, i am horrible at chaining pokemon.
Your daily rival battle is a pretty good experience location. The starter hits level 70. Otherwise, grinding the Elite Four, although tedious, is probably your quickest bet. Use a Lucky Egg to speed things up just a little (and maybe exp. boost O-powers).

To answer your question though, there are 1, 2, and 3 star restaurants in Lumiose, along with a fancy sushi place. They each cost money to participate in. For example, the 3-star restaurant requires 100,000 and Sushi High Roller requires 500,000. I can tell you the sushi is not worth it, haha. In the 3-star Restaurant Le Wow, you pay 100,000 to start a "meal", which is just a sequence of 5 people coming in the battle you. They have Pokemon around level 63, and you can choose Double, Triple, or Rotation battles. You win Balm Mushrooms at this restaurant when you finish the course, and you can sell them for a good profit (more than it cost to get into the restaurant). The 1-star and 2-star restaurants Le Nah and Le Yeah only have Pokemon around level 10 and 30. Sushi high roller might have slightly higher levels, but they do not break 70 and the rewards do not make up for the steep entrance fee.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
So, I was looking at chandelure on serebii, and according to the site it doesn't have shadow tag as an ability. Will I still be able to trade shadow tag chandelure from black and white??

Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get a Sachet in Pokemon X, I have two Whipped Dreams now and no Sachets, and am looking to evolve a Spritzee via trade.

Serebii says Route 16, but it's not there. The only plausible method may be to beat the Maison a bunch of times.

Should be able to, I have both Satchets and Whipped Dreams in Y.

I read one of the threads there is a weather nerf. What exactly has changed with weather affects?
The effects themselves are the same as far as we know. The only thing that's changed is that the weather summoning abilities only summon weather for 5 turns now (8 with respective Rock held).

I'm breeding a male protean froakie with a female torrent froakie and in 10 eggs, not one has been protean. Anyone know what's up?
Try breeding it with a Ditto, I got loads of Protean eggs earlier doing that. I have a suspicion the male only passes it down via a ditto mother but this isn't confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)