Official Pizza Topping Tier List

shrimp for high tier. i could use panago's shrimp/tropical sauce combo for the rest of my life no problem, nobody sees it coming.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just saying pepperoni + pineapple is better than ham + pineapple. I was skeptical of this too but after a piece i was hooked.

I will be suspect testing at work tonight. Wish me luck

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THE OP!!!

I realize there are ways to make different topics effective but we are talking about a standard red sauce pizza. Sauces bring a whole different element to the game that we are not currently discussing.

If you've never had sweetcorn on a Pizza then you've never lived. Combined with Pineapple and some garlic oil is the best thing you've ever put in your mouth. As a vegetarian, I can speak comprehensively for those options. One of the best Pizzas I ever had was in a venetian restaurant. It was Aubergine (eggplant) Spinach and Gorgonzola. Mean combination! even beat Skarmbliss (ham + Pineapple)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
SSS God Tier
Extra cheese. If the term reeks of too much consumerism for your liking, pretend it's a home pizza and rephrase as 'ungodly amounts of cheese'. And sauce. And cheese stuffed within the crust. Man oh man, my mouth is watering.

Pepperoni and sausage are ok
This is by far the strongest post in this topic.

Oh by the way, I once had a pizza with ham, gyros, extra cheese, fries and garlic sauce. It was the fattest thing I've ever eaten in my life, but damn was it good.

Gyros for S-tier, Ham for mid-tier, fries for high-tier

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
As co-pizza topping tier leader I have added Ground Beef to Low Tier and moved Anchovies down to drcossack tier finding no support from anyone for it.

I would like to remind users that we are only discussing a regular crust, red sauce, cheese pizza when adding toppings. Any comments mentioning other sauces (barbeque, white, pesto, buffalo, etc.) will be thrown out. THIS IS A PIZZA TOPPING TIER-LIST. NOT SAUCE OR CRUST.

Further, the following have been declared NOT pizza toppings:

Kebab
Shrimp
Tuna
Corn

And will not be a part of the pizza topping discussion.

I would like to turn the discussion towards the tiering of aux cheeses like Fresh Mozzarella and Feta. While I don't believe they can ever be a part of S-Tier, I do see potential for High tier though I would rank them in Mid-Tier currently. Interested in other thoughts on aux cheese.

Stuffed Crust Pizza is S-Tier, no doubt. It can OHKO the strongest of appetites, and no diet can revenge kill it.
I'm also voting Pan Crust pizza to s-tier as well.
idc if these aren't toppings they are just too powerfully good

fuck cheddar cheese on pizza. those cheap digiorno bastards always replacing my mozzarella with cheddar. i hate frozen pizza anyway

Stuffed Crust Pizza is S-Tier, no doubt. It can OHKO the strongest of appetites, and no diet can revenge kill it.
I'm also voting Pan Crust pizza to s-tier as well.
Stuffed crust isn't a topping, neither is pan crust.

Though I am curious how ham is below artichoke hearts (never even heard of that stuff on pizza).

mushroom should move to s-tier. you can make a pizza with just cheese and mushroom and it is delicious, which seems to be the standards required by s-tier. i also think onion should move up to high tier as every pizza is better off with onion, not even exaggerating but it can't really stand by itself; the sheer flexibility is high tier worthy imo. drop olives down to mid tier, as they really only serve to make the pizza look nicer. red capsicum deserves to be mid tier since it is easily the most delicious of the capsicums, but i agree with the other colours deserve drcossack tier. pineapple does not belong on pizza and needs to be either low or drcossack tier, preferably the latter. seafood in general is shit and deserves drcossack tier.

some additions: garlic and oregano to mid tier, as they're nice toppings to cap off a nice pizza. i think feta cheese fits mid tier for the same reasons.

this is made all the more fun working at pizza hut, which makes me want to suggest moving pepperoni down since it is SO FUCKING AWFUL to worth with. making a pepperoni pizza is one of the shittest things i am not kidding.

after seeing corn mentioned i have to agree it is incredibly good on pizza, as is broccoli. definite mid tier mentions for those two.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
END THE DISCRIMINATION OF BELL PEPPERS

WE ARE PEOPLE TOO
I'm sorry Bell Peppers are NOT drcossack tier.

Hell, one of the best pizzas is Sausage and Peppers. It's the classic sandwich: but on a pizza.
high tier:

cheese, onions, bell peppers, ham
Thanks, now I have to make an S-Tier Analysis for Mushrooms and a Mid-tier analysis for Bell Peppers to prove everyone wrong. :/
Adding my support to the bell pepper issue, this must be fixed!
Bell peppers are so bad. They have a strong flavor that often detracts from the flavors of other toppings.
I strongly disagree. Bell peppers are a staple on any veggie pizza, and they have a taste that can really go with any other topping.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
tbh when I was in japan there was a pizza place that served pizza with NO toppings. just different cheeses or sauces. it was pretty choice.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
After much debate and copious amounts of testing on smogon's dollar, evan and I have decided to issue a complex ban disallowing the use of ham and pineapple on one pizza. The Hawaiian pizza is too strong, striking a unique balance between sweet and savory that creates an unfair environment for other pizzas.

UNFAIR TO ALL PIZZAS

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Despite the fact that ham and pineapple are underwhelming toppings on their own, we have decided that together they are much too strong for other toppings to stand up against them. This decision will be healthy for the pizza topping meta.

While I agree that use of the Hot and Ready is prevalent, it is easily countered by Bacon. For this reason, I argue that Bacon be elevated to the same tier as Pepperoni.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
I have no doubt in my mind that if you take away bacon's support that it wouldn't be as strong of a contender. Bacon's strength comes in its ability to lend its flavor to others, not to be a strong flavor that can stand by itself.

The combination of Ham and Pineapple is even disallowed in S tier? Keep in mind that S is not a tier...it's a topping ban list. You'd be breaking precedent by disallowing the existence of Ham + Pineapple in S tier. Tread carefully.

I have no doubt in my mind that if you take away bacon's support that it wouldn't be as strong of a contender. Bacon's strength comes in its ability to lend its flavor to others, not to be a strong flavor that can stand by itself.
Incorrect. If you breed Jalapeno with Bacon, you create a potent variant that has the capability to stand on its own against heartier toppings.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
The fact that you had to bring another topping in to support bacon proves my point. There will be no further discussion about this.

Thinking further Bacon may even need moved to Mid tier. Bacon on a single-topping pizza is underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong, if we were making a tier list for ingredients in every type of food Bacon is undisputed S-Tier. But we're talking about a very specific crust-heavy environment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)