np: UU - Here It Goes Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a side question:

Umbreon is moving up to OU due to its usage. I know OU is defined solely on usage, but if a pokemon moves between OU and UU, should it be banned from UU each time? It seems to me a lot of pokemon can survive healthily in both metagames, such as P2, Spiritomb, Umbreon, etc. Pokemon usage in the Ubers tier doesn't insta-ban that pokemon from OU, why should it be the same for UU? Even tho we don't see this problem all that often, what becomes of Donphan or Dugtrio (if it even stays UU) if they head back to OU the next month? Should a pokemon be automatically considered for BL if they have enough usage to avoid this problem?
I see what you're getting at, but basically, Donphan and Dugtrio will be tested in UU. If they're proven ban-worthy, they'll be put in BL, if they're not, they'll be put in UU. If they get more usage in OU, and move up to OU in October, then they'll get removed from UU or BL, and put back in OU. If they drop usage again, they'll be put in the tier they were previously in, last time they dropped out of OU.

The reason usage in Ubers doesn't 'insta-ban' a Pokemon from OU is because Ubers is a ban list, not a usage tier. It just so happens that there's an Ubers ladder, but you should really think of it as an 'Anything Goes' ladder.

Dugtrio w/ Life Orb can destroy Stall Teams. The teams in UU lack recovery move and Dugtrio can pick of weakened Registeel or Steelix.
Even with a Choice Band it still lacks power to kill some OFFENSIVE pokes like Ambipom(IIRC it needs SR). I doubt LO would do much damage to stall teams. Hit it with a Surf/Ice Beam/Energy Ball and it's gone. Picking off a weakened Registeel or Steelix isn't doing much, because a weakened Registeel or Steelix won't be doing much anyway.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
The only good thing I can see Duggy doing for me is killing damn fucking stupid Roserades. After it dies, stall generally falls apart, at least against my team...

Then of course there's the question of Adamant or Jolly; which will be Dugtrio's preferred nature?
There are only 2 significant outspeeds with Jolly: Ambipom and Espeon. The rest are all NU or non-grounded. Of course, there is also the speed tie with opposing Dugtrio.

Adamant gets you a guaranteed 2HKO on Steelix with CB and a guaranteed OHKO on 4/0 Roserade with LO. If enough key numbers surface, Jolly might stop being worth it, especially since Choice-locked Espeon can be Sucker Punched. (Adamant Life Orb Sucker Punch always OHKOs; Jolly doesn't.)

Having used Trapinch in my team fairly successfully, I'm a bit worried about Dugtrio. Besides making Trapinch painfully obsolete, it will prepare everyone for a regular Arena Trapper, and trapping key threats will become altogether harder. Hopefully Shed Shell Registeel doesn't catch on. (with Leftovers as its only form of healing barring Rest, the idea doesn't sound as appealing as Shed Shell Skarmory.)

I'd say Adamant would be better, with Sucker Punch for Espeon, and Ambipom really doesn't get used often outside of the lead slot.

I'm definitely going to use Swellow with Dugtrio - all I need is a good counter to Rotom, and just about every stall team is destroyed.

I get the feeling that Steelix and Registeel will be using Aqua Tail/Ice Punch more, to take out Dugtrio.

I'm pretty excited about this new metagame.

I do wonder, if people hate stall so much, if anyone has tried a plain old LO Swords Dance Blaziken? Looks to me like it could just OHKO its way through an entire stall team after setting up. The only iffy thing is Hitmontop, not sure how much +1 Flare Blitz or Superpower would do. Also not sure about +2 LO Superpower v Milotic, but I imagine that it would KO.

I'd say Adamant would be better, with Sucker Punch for Espeon, and Ambipom really doesn't get used often outside of the lead slot.

I'm definitely going to use Swellow with Dugtrio - all I need is a good counter to Rotom, and just about every stall team is destroyed.

I get the feeling that Steelix and Registeel will be using Aqua Tail/Ice Punch more, to take out Dugtrio.

I'm pretty excited about this new metagame.
Gyro Ball instead of Aqua tail.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I do wonder, if people hate stall so much, if anyone has tried a plain old LO Swords Dance Blaziken? Looks to me like it could just OHKO its way through an entire stall team after setting up. The only iffy thing is Hitmontop, not sure how much +1 Flare Blitz or Superpower would do. Also not sure about +2 LO Superpower v Milotic, but I imagine that it would KO.
That's what I've been running. I run SD Blaziken / Rotom / Sceptile core. Rotom takes all sorts of priority thrown at SD Blaziken while Sceptile's only purpose is to take any attacks from Slowbro and set up Sub Seed from there on. This is probably my succesful tactic to defeat stall. Also Milotic does OHKO all the time with Superpower.

is the deadline for eligibility goign to end today? it says in the op taht it will be a month long testing and i just starting playing UU today so i havent kept up with much

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know what all the hype about Dugtrio is, it's the easiest pokemon in the world to set up on. Offense will immediately overpower Dugtrio, and it will be a huge liability to any team, just like it was in OU. People might have to tweak their teams a bit, but Dugtrio will have the same problems in UU that it does in OU (which is why its not even OU anymore !! !)

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't know, a guaranteed way to remove Chansey (lol Shed Shell) is a pretty major thing to have around. Even LO Dugtrio 2HKOs it, and can switch moves to prevent stuff like Mismagius from setting up on it after it's used EQ.

yeah pretty sure dugtrio standard will become LO over band and especially over scarf (unless you need to take out blaziken)

I don't know what all the hype about Dugtrio is, it's the easiest pokemon in the world to set up on. Offense will immediately overpower Dugtrio, and it will be a huge liability to any team, just like it was in OU. People might have to tweak their teams a bit, but Dugtrio will have the same problems in UU that it does in OU (which is why its not even OU anymore !! !)
It is much easier to counter the top set-up threats in UU than it is in OU.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
The threat of Dugtrio is basically elimination of opponents one at a time. As for set up, even in OU, pseudo trappers can easily be set up on(CBTar Pursuit/SD Luke comes into mind), and yet they're extremely popular. And unlike in OU, it is easier to counter the resultant set-upper, as Lemmiwinks pointed out.

I hope that there's a rise in Gravity teams. Too bad there's so few choices... only Clefable and Wigglytuff IIRC. Oh, and Chansey.

Yeah, i'm actually not that worried about dugtrio. I mean, it's annoying, but hey, if worst comes to worst, i can put a shuca berry on my SD Blaziken, if people are gonna use duggy as their check for blaziken. I just don't think it's powerful enough frankly. I mean, against any bulky pokes, it's just going to lose basically. After it's killed off the fast sweepers it can actually kill, it just becomes dead weight, easily picked off because of it's weak defenses. But it definitely is gonna be annoying because of it's ability to take out certain counters that can clear a way for a clean sweep for other pokes. I may try duggy for a new UU team.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
After it's killed off the fast sweepers it can actually kill, it just becomes dead weight
Wait, stop. This means that it's done its job. How is that not useful?

yeah, i just reread my post, it's kinda stupid, it does do a good job at trapping and killing, but i've used trio before, and it's always been a disappointment, but that was OU/BL play so. I mean, if a team's not carrying any of the pokes trio can trap and kill successfully it's pretty worthless. Now most UU teams nowadays carry alot of the pokes that duggy can kill, so i think it's gonna be interesting in UU. But like i said before i don't think it's gonna change the way people make UU teams, a little alteration maybe on some defensive EVs maybe. Meh, we'll see when we actually test it though.

Don't forget Dusclops and Probopass for Gravity. I know it is easy to forget (I had trouble remembering Probopass's name just now lol) but they're, um, there... I guess.

Dugtrio will still have the same liabilities it had in OU, like Gay Dolphin said. But even then, using it as a check to Blaziken, Chansey (especially, because eliminating Chansey allows so many sweepers free reign, most notably Yanmega, Sceptile, and Mismagius), weakened Regis, etc. can still be pretty gamebreaking if you think about it. What I don't like about Dugtrio is that it becomes dead weight very quickly after serving its purpose - it can't serve as a normal sweeper afterwards.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's silly. In OU, Dugtrio has always had the issue that LO doesn't get the necessary KOs that CB gets with respect to stuff like Blissey, Heracross, and Tyranitar. In UU, that's simply not true. Dugtrio can run LO with EQ / SE / Night Slash / Filler (Probably Aerial Ace or some stupid shit like that) and still sweep even after it's done its job.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here is the list of UU Suspect Testing Qualifiers as of the testing deadline (July 6th 11:30pm PST).
Code:
+--------------------+-----------+----------+
| Name               | UU Rating | UU Dev   |
| AEROUILLE          | 1,635.50  |   37.64  |
| AP13095            | 1,649.11  |   42.29  |
| B IS FOR BOOBS     | 1,803.28  |   34.14  |
| BAD ASS            | 1,746.55  |   42.83  |
| BAD ASS.           | 1,740.57  |   51.99  |
| BAYBAYBAY          | 1,725.12  |   53.44  |
| BIDBIP             | 1,605.95  |   53.45  |
| BLAZEBAT           | 1,618.02  |   54.91  |
| BLUEWIND           | 1,621.50  |   51.64  |
| BRANDNEWBURTON     | 1,776.17  |   41.36  |
| CHUIE              | 1,739.96  |   52.98  |
| CLANRAGNAROK       | 1,639.41  |   49.42  |
| CRISTAL            | 1,608.21  |   41.62  |
| DARKLUCARIO        | 1,631.18  |   50.45  |
| DETH2MUNKIES       | 1,623.99  |   34.97  |
| DEVOTED            | 1,731.68  |   52.86  |
| DEXTER MORGAN      | 1,766.93  |   49.88  |
| DOLLAR             | 1,653.50  |   50.58  |
| EDMA               | 1,614.01  |   51.80  |
| ERAZOR             | 1,686.25  |   39.36  |
| FAIRY              | 1,661.73  |   48.26  |
| FLAMEWHEELER       | 1,673.89  |   53.94  |
| FOLGORIOISTESTING  | 1,724.58  |   38.24  |
| FOLGORIOTHEKICKASS | 1,781.94  |   38.50  |
| G.G.               | 1,667.40  |   38.60  |
| GANNA WIN          | 1,863.74  |   53.79  |
| GUNDAM             | 1,600.21  |   46.43  |
| HARADA             | 1,605.52  |   39.73  |
| HEYSUP             | 1,750.07  |   48.80  |
| HOLLISTERCO        | 1,647.93  |   52.27  |
| ITALIANPROUD       | 1,723.54  |   41.04  |
| JAK3               | 1,723.67  |   33.34  |
| JLJ                | 1,629.86  |   24.06  |
| JUANWOLF           | 1,707.70  |   47.77  |
| KAHUNATHIEF        | 1,613.65  |   49.00  |
| KANKER JANK        | 1,626.86  |   46.60  |
| KEIJO              | 1,646.84  |   44.62  |
| KINGDUST           | 1,659.83  |   52.40  |
| KINGKOOPA12        | 1,633.47  |   43.50  |
| KRAWK              | 1,804.91  |   54.75  |
| LADY GAGA          | 1,706.28  |   51.63  |
| LOL POKEMON        | 1,618.89  |   44.38  |
| LONELYNESS         | 1,638.14  |   48.54  |
| LOVEDESTINY        | 1,745.54  |   54.64  |
| MASQUERADE.        | 1,690.66  |   50.83  |
| MASS               | 1,687.51  |   38.86  |
| MASTER12345        | 1,694.00  |   46.41  |
| MEOWTHPWNZYOUNOOB  | 1,748.17  |   46.80  |
| MHORAM             | 1,689.94  |   34.03  |
| MONNIAC            | 1,631.41  |   35.41  |
| MROBINSON587       | 1,725.29  |   48.95  |
| M_DRAGON           | 1,714.80  |   43.55  |
| N MAGNETO          | 1,638.79  |   44.70  |
| NOTTY              | 1,603.78  |   51.10  |
| PANAMAXIS          | 1,850.40  |   36.64  |
| PEACHFUZZ          | 1,700.08  |   46.89  |
| PETRIE911          | 1,713.44  |   46.87  |
| POKEMONNIAC        | 1,754.45  |   42.08  |
| POPEMONNIAC        | 1,771.31  |   47.88  |
| PROTEGO            | 1,642.09  |   50.88  |
| RAINBOWWARRIOR     | 1,708.55  |   47.58  |
| RANDOM PIZZAMAN    | 1,673.84  |   49.21  |
| REACHZERO          | 1,781.34  |   51.30  |
| REYSONTHENOBLE     | 1,665.34  |   39.40  |
| RT-UU              | 1,835.68  |   46.02  |
| SASC4RS            | 1,666.36  |   52.70  |
| SCREAMING ANGEL    | 1,688.36  |   51.98  |
| SEVEN DEADLY SINS  | 1,664.25  |   52.09  |
| SEVEN7XENON        | 1,616.84  |   37.39  |
| SHANX678           | 1,600.73  |   32.46  |
| SILVERL            | 1,649.88  |   44.83  |
| SLOWPOKER          | 1,669.60  |   52.96  |
| SPEARFROST         | 1,683.49  |   42.58  |
| SUBZER0            | 1,679.03  |   48.89  |
| SUPERC             | 1,676.30  |   33.79  |
| SYSTEM ERROR       | 1,759.21  |   35.70  |
| TAY                | 1,890.99  |   51.43  |
| TAY-HIME           | 1,684.02  |   48.72  |
| TEHCOUNT           | 1,690.85  |   53.93  |
| THUND              | 1,714.92  |   33.11  |
| TSUBASA-KUN        | 1,752.75  |   39.77  |
| T_PAIN             | 1,775.45  |   53.96  |
| UBERFAIL           | 1,679.82  |   47.18  |
| XUMAROO            | 1,608.53  |   47.92  |
84 rows
Caelum will post further details for voting later. Congratulations to all the battlers that qualified!

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
heh, all this time i was laddering like crazy thinking that the "UU rating" was actually the conservative rating estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)