Metalheads United ;D

pookar

Banned deucer.
metal core is terrible, please head to #norulz for metalcore discussion

now my range of metal is not that broad, i listen to dream theater, opeth, blind guardian, iced earth, a small bit of amon amarth, queensryche, porcupine tree (they are a pretty broad genre'd band so i might as well mention them), pain of salvation and death. and the classic metallica/megadeth/iron maiden sometimes.

Hurrah for metal!

my favorite bands consist of:
Slipknot, Lamb of god, Chmaira, Skindred, Gorgoroth, Naglfar, Immortal, I like other things besides, such as prodigy and mc chris, linkin park etc.

of course.

how could you even ask this question?

I thought they are something like hardcore...

anyway, anyone listens to doomdeath here? it looks like doomdeath bands always change their musical style to after 2 or 3 albums(like anathema or paradise lost)

Metal is my favourite kind of music out there, mainly because it always gives me a rush when I listen to it, however, I am also very musical and enjoy listening to strong, tuneful melodies too.

That's why Trivium is my favourite. Also bands like As I Lay Dying, CoB and Lamb of God(Chris Adler is an insane drummer and I'm a drummer too :P) are good in my books.

I don't care if they're not "true metal" but bands like BFMV and A7X have some awesome melodies. And then there's heavy less-tuneful stuff like Machine Head and Slipknot. Glad to see there's plenty of metalheads here!

I don't really listen to much Metal but like it. Some bands I listen to are Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Sevendust, Slipknot, Disturbed (not really Metal these last two.)

METAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden...i'm a hardcore metalhead. X3 There are even some death metal bands I enjoy listening to, despite what others might think.

freaktron, are you serious with a7x? it has been mentioned hundred times in this thread that they aren't metal.

also, any opinion on arch enemy?what album should i listen to?i've listened to burning bridges...

Have you tried Doomsday Machine? I haven't heard the whole album, but I like Skeleton Dance and Nemesis. Nemesis has one of the best key changes ever, imo, but no-one else would really care about that! :P

METAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Megadeth, Slayer, Iron Maiden...i'm a hardcore metalhead. X3 There are even some death metal bands I enjoy listening to, despite what others might think.
None of those bands are "hardcore" metal.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gotta say Lamb of god is my favorite metal band, though I do like Job For a Cowboy, OLD Atreyu, and a white metal band called Becoming the Archtype (sp?).

I've started to really get into The Atomic Bitchwax lately. They were formed from members of Monster Magnet and Godspeed, and their first two albums are this great jam metal. Too bad they got rid of Ed Mundell after those albums and got someone else, because their later stuff just isn't the same.

It's not anything thrash, it's closer to Sabbath and Zeppelin.

I love all sorts of metal, but lately I've been getting into death metal. Melodic death metal is a particular favorite, with bands such as Children of Bodom, Disarmonia Mundi, At the Gates, and others providing adrenaline rushes that don't hurt my ears.

I've also been exploring typical death metal more; at first I thought the stuff was horrible but I'm finding that I enjoy it more. Highlights: Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, Deicide, Nile, Bloodbath, early Aborted.

Deathcore is a very mixed bag; while I enjoy its sound, it's really hard to differentiate all of the deathcore bands, as they sound very similar. All Shall Perish, Whitechapel, and Suicide Silence are all listenable, but for the most part its the same crushing riffs and the archetypal "BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" that defines deathcore. However, one band I will cut some slack to is the Black Dahlia Murder; I absolutely love them, and I find their songs tend to be more melodic than the rest of deathcore bands.

Aside from death metal, there's all sorts of thrash metal out there to be discovered. Along with classic thrash metal like Metallica, Slayer, etc., there's also a nu-thrash scene that I personally enjoy, though many people feel that it's just a copycat scene (I do admit it's not very original). Notable nu-thrash bands: Gama Bomb (HAMMER! SLAMMER!), Bonded by Blood (not the Exodus album), Evile, Fueled by Fire.

Then there's classic metal like Judas Priest, prog metal like Opeth and Dream Theater, mathcore like the Dillinger Escape Plan and Meshuggah, industrial metal like Static-X and Rammstein, nu-metal (eww), metalcore (debatable, but I do love Between the Buried and Me), and tons of other stuff. Too many genres of metal...

However, one band I will cut some slack to is the Black Dahlia Murder; I absolutely love them, and I find their songs tend to be more melodic than the rest of deathcore bands.
Good call there; BDM is extremely enjoyable. Seeing them live was a real treat.

The only Dillinger Escape Plan albums I've listened to are Calculating Infinity and Miss Machine ( CI being my favourite of the two). I've been willing to buy Ire Works; is it worth it?

Any love for Ayreon here? the music has a cool sci-fi atmosphere...just wow.

And have you guys listened to BTBAM's The Anatomy Of?

My favorite bands are( not in this order ): Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osbourne, Zakk Wylde, Megadeth, Slayer, Blue Cher, Nightwish, In Flames, Hammerfall, DragonForce, Black Label Society and a lot of others I can not remember at the moment.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Metal is my favourite kind of music out there, mainly because it always gives me a rush when I listen to it, however, I am also very musical and enjoy listening to strong, tuneful melodies too.

That's why Trivium is my favourite. Also bands like As I Lay Dying, CoB and Lamb of God(Chris Adler is an insane drummer and I'm a drummer too :P) are good in my books.

I don't care if they're not "true metal" but bands like BFMV and A7X have some awesome melodies. And then there's heavy less-tuneful stuff like Machine Head and Slipknot. Glad to see there's plenty of metalheads here!
Slipknot is pretty tuneful. So is Machine Head. If you want less tuneful stuff, put on a Morbid Angel album.

freaktron, are you serious with a7x? it has been mentioned hundred times in this thread that they aren't metal.

also, any opinion on arch enemy?what album should i listen to?i've listened to burning bridges...
Anthems of Rebellion, Wages of Sin.

Have you tried Doomsday Machine? I haven't heard the whole album, but I like Skeleton Dance and Nemesis. Nemesis has one of the best key changes ever, imo, but no-one else would really care about that! :P
I find this album boring apart from Taking Back My Soul and Nemesis

I love all sorts of metal, but lately I've been getting into death metal. Melodic death metal is a particular favorite, with bands such as Children of Bodom, Disarmonia Mundi, At the Gates, and others providing adrenaline rushes that don't hurt my ears.

I've also been exploring typical death metal more; at first I thought the stuff was horrible but I'm finding that I enjoy it more. Highlights: Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, Deicide, Nile, Bloodbath, early Aborted.

Deathcore is a very mixed bag; while I enjoy its sound, it's really hard to differentiate all of the deathcore bands, as they sound very similar. All Shall Perish, Whitechapel, and Suicide Silence are all listenable, but for the most part its the same crushing riffs and the archetypal "BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" that defines deathcore. However, one band I will cut some slack to is the Black Dahlia Murder; I absolutely love them, and I find their songs tend to be more melodic than the rest of deathcore bands.

Aside from death metal, there's all sorts of thrash metal out there to be discovered. Along with classic thrash metal like Metallica, Slayer, etc., there's also a nu-thrash scene that I personally enjoy, though many people feel that it's just a copycat scene (I do admit it's not very original). Notable nu-thrash bands: Gama Bomb (HAMMER! SLAMMER!), Bonded by Blood (not the Exodus album), Evile, Fueled by Fire.

Then there's classic metal like Judas Priest, prog metal like Opeth and Dream Theater, mathcore like the Dillinger Escape Plan and Meshuggah, industrial metal like Static-X and Rammstein, nu-metal (eww), metalcore (debatable, but I do love Between the Buried and Me), and tons of other stuff. Too many genres of metal...
Do you enjoy Death? That might be my favourite DM band.

Any love for Ayreon here? the music has a cool sci-fi atmosphere...just wow.

And have you guys listened to BTBAM's The Anatomy Of?
Ayreon are cool. I saw Arjen at a gig once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)