Metalheads United ;D

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ihsahn isn't a satanist. Ihsahn wasn't even involved in the church burnings. Samoth was convicted for arson and Faust, the old drummer, killed a homosexual guy that made advances on him, but Ihsahn has never had anything to do with satanism. In fact I think Ihsahn is a pretty amazing guy, a lot of respect for him.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Gamma Ray, old Helloween, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Iced Earth, Sabaton, Nightwish...

If you can take the EXTREME gayness of the genre, that is

Hehe, some of you have some good taste here :D.

I mostly like the high energy, clean stuff so power metal mainly. Iron Maiden, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish are probably my 3 favorites (with Nightwish no.1 right now).

I do like Dragonforce, and really, I don't care what other people think about it. Some accuse them of being bad live, well that's not quite true, they had a really bad live gig made famous on youtube. They still had plenty of good ones. Some people say they're too mainstream and have sold out or whatever, but if you think it's a sin to listen to popular music, then you are quite the selfish listener.

Has anyone seen the documentary global metal? It's FANTASTIC! Not like other docos I tell you, this one's a good one. You can watch the whole thing on youtube.

I quite like the Japanese scene in metal right now. X Japan is of course great if you cathegorise visual kei amongst metal (which I think they should be). Blood stain child has some really good and interesting music. It's trancecore, ie. techno with metal. Actually give it a try before you discard it as trash ;).

Hehe, some of you have some good taste here :D.

I mostly like the high energy, clean stuff so power metal mainly. Iron Maiden, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish are probably my 3 favorites (with Nightwish no.1 right now).

I do like Dragonforce, and really, I don't care what other people think about it. Some accuse them of being bad live, well that's not quite true, they had a really bad live gig made famous on youtube. They still had plenty of good ones. Some people say they're too mainstream and have sold out or whatever, but if you think it's a sin to listen to popular music, then you are quite the selfish listener.

Has anyone seen the documentary global metal? It's FANTASTIC! Not like other docos I tell you, this one's a good one. You can watch the whole thing on youtube.

I quite like the Japanese scene in metal right now. X Japan is of course great if you cathegorise visual kei amongst metal (which I think they should be). Blood stain child has some really good and interesting music. It's trancecore, ie. techno with metal. Actually give it a try before you discard it as trash ;).
I don't like Dragonforce, but I agree with your statement. Sometimes, there's a solid reason a band is super popular.

Does A7X count? They're probably my favorite rite now. I like Slayer but don't listen to much of them (Blood rain FTW) but stuff like Disturbed and Metallica and Black Sabbath yeah man
wait you mean your name actually isnt a reference to tool? you didnt mention them in your post so

Anyone here listen to bands such as Opeth and BTBAM? Two of my favourites.

I also listen to ATR, Trivium, Shadows Fall, Killswitch, and many others.

And of course old school (Cauldron, Racer X, Death)

I enjoy opeth and Trivium though lately this week i have been listening to Wintersun, At the Gates, and Manowar.

What's your definition of mainstream?

Basically the required bands for listing. I can understand liking, and even disliking, metallica, megadeth, black sabbath, and Slayer, but it feels a little redundant to list them. In general they're just the core of metal and have been accepted by most metal fans everywhere.

Y'know?

So basically, if it's played the on radio it's probably main stream. I mean, if people who don't know the genre know the band than it's main stream. That includes Disturbed, a7x, and atreyu.

Kataphrak : No I have not - I'll have to check 'em out sometime.
It is worth it, since you like CoB. Sinergy Features Alexi Laiho, and Roope Latvala.

Alexi was also part of Impaled Nazarene till 2000, though the best Impaled Nazerene album IMO is "Suomi Finland Perkele".

Shame on you for mentioning A7X and disturbed.

I love opeth more than porcupine tree, dream theater, or other progressives.For those bands you mentioned i don't really like them, but Racer X is sweet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)