Metagame Metagamiate

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Is this sarcasm? I know Arcanine is overhyped in UU, but does fire type extremespeed up its viability that much?
entei just seems flat-out better in that regard
while i'm personally unsure if it's the best thing in the meta off of the top of my head, it does get access to intimidate to "increase" its bulk as well as will-o-wisp to cripple other espeeders, which definitely puts it over entei imo

Man, you don't run offensive Arcanine, you run max bulk like a true tryhard and hard switch on banded Azumarill only to wisp the incoming Zygarde.

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

The amount of utility you get from this mon is insane. I don't want to make a long post so just trust me ok thanks bye.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Wow, thanks!

Let's look at some threats.

Zygarde used to be A+... in a meta where it didn't have Thousand Arrows. But with that move in its repertoire, hoo boy, it's gonna be even better. Possibly banworthy?

Koko now has its choice between Pixilate or Galvanize while still retaining the amazing Electric Surge. So basically AAA Koko but even better. Niiice.

Bulu can now opt for stronger Grass STAB without recoil or actual Fairy STAB.

Not having to rely on Stone Miss for a Rock move is always nice.

SD LAST RESORT, WOOOOOOOOO

Wow, thanks!

Let's look at some threats.

Zygarde used to be A+... in a meta where it didn't have Thousand Arrows. But with that move in its repertoire, hoo boy, it's gonna be even better. Possibly banworthy?

Koko now has its choice between Pixilate or Galvanize while still retaining the amazing Electric Surge. So basically AAA Koko but even better. Niiice.

Bulu can now opt for stronger Grass STAB without recoil or actual Fairy STAB.

Not having to rely on Stone Miss for a Rock move is always nice.

SD LAST RESORT, WOOOOOOOOO
Ur missing a few things on the koko and bulu department (unless they changed it) bulu is shiny locked, so no fairy stab and koko has to run timid for its shiny.

Edit OK I just read up a bit and its OK then forgive me lol, lemme post a set this so still relevant

Jirachi@leftovers
Ability: serene grace
EV's: 252 HP/252spd
Careful nature
- body slam
- wish
- stealth rock
-protect

Basically a jirachi rock setter set but one that acts as a partial noivrrn counter (gotta watch out for flamethrower) I'd explain more but I have never played the meta lol.

Last edited:
They did change it.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Return
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion

Salamence has very respectable 110 Special Attack with a wide movepool (it gets Hydro Pump, among others, you've got options) and usable 95/80/80 defenses with Intimidate and Roost. Solve one of Diancie's bigger problems in standard, lack of physical Fairy STAB. HP Fire is to drop Steel-types 4x weak to Fire, and Explosion is thermonuclear. Both of these sets are very tweakable, these were just first drafts that I wanted to get in circulation.

For anyone worried about zygarde worry not, this gen we got disgusting tapu bulu as mentioned above which walls every set besides steelium z

if ur not a fan of bulu use whimsicott, sounds ridiculous but it has priority tri attack which almost alwayd ohko zygarde while being immune to dragon espeed and resists tarrows, not deadweight as it also provides defog/para support and beats noivern, salamence and fighting types too
Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Defog
- Knock Off/Stun Spore
- Giga Drain

252+ SpA Pixie Plate Whimsicott Tri Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 306-360 (85.4 - 100.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Pixie Plate Whimsicott Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noivern: 350-414 (112.5 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Following the rules for type changes, and the existing precedent of how Revelation Dance works normally, I assume if Arcanine uses Burn Up followed by a normal-type move like Extreme Speed, its "Metagamiate" ability is supposed to turn that into a typeless move that doesn't get STAB and isn't resisted by anything?

For anyone worried about zygarde worry not, this gen we got disgusting tapu bulu as mentioned above which walls every set besides steelium z

if ur not a fan of bulu use whimsicott, sounds ridiculous but it has priority tri attack which almost alwayd ohko zygarde while being immune to dragon espeed and resists tarrows, not deadweight as it also provides defog/para support and beats noivern, salamence and fighting types too
Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Defog
- Knock Off/Stun Spore
- Giga Drain

252+ SpA Pixie Plate Whimsicott Tri Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 306-360 (85.4 - 100.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Pixie Plate Whimsicott Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noivern: 350-414 (112.5 - 133.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Worth mentioning that dark types are gonna be completely immune to your fairy stab and block your defog. And you're kinda deadweight under psychic terrain.

Considering whimsicott used to be an amazing check to dd gyarados mega, this is a pretty big interaction change for it.

Bulu sounding more powerful here.

Lopuuny-Mega? Zygarde? Noivern? Lando?

Say hello to pheromosa!
View attachment 125154

top tier assassin (Pheromosa) @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 SpA / 252 Spe/EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe (naive nature)
Rash Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Return/Protect

Lopunny 252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pheromosa: 145-172 (51.2 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
80 Atk Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny-Mega: 410-486 (151.2 - 179.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Zygarde 252 Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pheromosa: 234-276 (82.6 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
176+ SpA Pheromosa Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 448-528 (106.6 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Noivern 176+ SpA Pheromosa Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Noivern: 516-608 (165.9 - 195.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

lol its lando gone

or you can run the protect set which doesn't need to take a fake out from lopunny or any fakeout users lol
Unfortunately, la cucaracha is banned.

Thanks for making me aware of this! That bug is fixed now, so shiny locking definitely seems removed now. If something else pops up let me know.
You also brought another bug to my attention unrelated to that second one you posted about, which is that event stuff was being tampered in other formats. That bug's fixed now too, just had to do some more stuff in order to avoid crosstalk.
In general I also made that block of the code a bit more specific as event crosstalk may also have been a problem (where events can cross with one another) but I'm not sure that would've been too big of an issue if at all.
Speaking of server bugs though, the typing thing was definitely affecting the whole server, as that wouldn't be something that Metagamiate would cause. I'd assume some other metagame there is causing it that modifies templates, but that's just me.
as for the shiny thing blame the client
I'm not sure if you're aware, but tried playing this meta because it is currently OMOTM on the main server.... And I'm still having shiny lock problems. IDK, maybe they took you're original code or something? But I can't use any shiny locked pokemon with their shiny.

I have a very funny mon to use

Flygon @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 52 HP / 124 Def / 192 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Roost

It can resist 1 ESpeed from max at Zygarde and Devastating Drake it. While ground boomburst is nice at every moment.
At the same time, it destroys Kartana/Scizor with flamethrower, while it can affect Celesteela.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I'm not sure if you're aware, but tried playing this meta because it is currently OMOTM on the main server.... And I'm still having shiny lock problems. IDK, maybe they took you're original code or something? But I can't use any shiny locked pokemon with their shiny.
according to PS's github, the issue should be fixed. I'll update the code in the OP with what's currently on PS for everyone else, though.

Following the rules for type changes, and the existing precedent of how Revelation Dance works normally, I assume if Arcanine uses Burn Up followed by a normal-type move like Extreme Speed, its "Metagamiate" ability is supposed to turn that into a typeless move that doesn't get STAB and isn't resisted by anything?
this sounds correct to me, it would also get the 1.2x power boost however, it doesn't get a fancy ability name, unlike the others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)