Linked

Alright, the council has re-voted on talonflame, and the results are in. talonflame will not be banned
Reasoning: Since the Choice Item clause, talon's overall power has fallen. Choosing to put a band on it means that you are limiting the power of your teammates and leaving them defenseless should talon fall, but should you choose to go itemless, talon fails to 2HKO some of it's best checks in heatran and tyranitar. Sure it can run will-o-wisp to get by physical checks, but that just limits the coverage it can run, which is very limited on talonflame to begin with. So these factors combined are the reasons why talon is staying

So sad nobody is playing this cool hyper-offensive meta anymore... I'm writing down my first post on Smogon to share with you my main team which is currently #1 and #3 on the ladder. I'm sorry I won't be able to contribute like I would like to, but it's tiring for me to talk in a proper English. Well, here we go.

My impression is that this whole meta focuses around speed control: since hyper-offense is the dominant (the only) strategy, becaming able to outspeed your opponent is the first crucial step to win the game. Sticky Web, Agility/Rock Polish/Dragon Dance, Tailwind, Trick Room, Choice Scarf, Chlorophyll/Sand Stream/Swift Swim must all be reckoned with if we are building a Linked team. This opinion lets me introduce the first, strangest, most successful member of my team:

Whimsicott @ Red Card
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Protect
- Stun Spore

This basically is my speed control pivot and emergency check. U-Turn negates priority Tailwind but also makes Whimsi a better pivot. Against the majority of the team I just try to setup at least two Tailwind and forget about the other two moves. Protect and Stun Spore are only meant as an emergency check to certain threats: Stun Spore to stop a setted up Dragon Dancer or a Scarfer, Protect to stall the many infamous Trick Room teams which ravage in the middle-upper ladder. Red Card is both a way to twist the opponent strategy and it saved me more than once against some creepy setup-up sweepers (i.e. Trick Room Swords Dance+Knock Off Crawdaunt that has been very popular in the first half of the month).
Max def. investiment can seem weird too, but this and other experiments (such as Tailwind+Stun Spore) have never been impressive for me.

Now let's reveal the two main receivers of Whimsicott Tailwind:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Polish

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Not much to exploin about this couple: a special and a physical power-houses to wreak havoc.
Before the limit to one choice item, Landorus was banded with Explosion in place of Rock Polish. Earth Power is arguably less useful, but it's cool to have a self sufficient, priority Thunder-Wave immune monster in some games. Furthermore, a thing I love about Landorus is that it can't be revenge killed by Talonflame if at 100% health.
Gardevoir is the mixed wallbreaker of the team. Painfully countered by Heatran, it provides an important support to try and stop Trick Room setters, Cosmic Power Clefable or the rare Mega-Slowbro. Will-o-Wisp is useful to catch on the switch an incoming Metagross or for a mind games against Sucker Punch users (namely Bisharp).

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Assurance
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

A self-explanatory late game sweeper. I found Assurance and Ice Shard are just mandatory. Knock Off was preferred Ice Punch/Icicle Crash/Power-Up Punch for no precise reasons and I promised to myself I would have tried something else. Low Kick is the least used move in the set, used just twice to get down a Tyrannitar and a Mega-Gyarados.

Finally, my Rocky Helmet duo:

Heatran @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ancient Power
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Dragonite @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Endure
- Fire Punch
- Toxic/Tailwind/Defog

Linked is filled with many physical beasts so Rocky Helmet shines like in no other metagame I can remember.
It has been widely discussed about Heatran ability to check most of the A+ and S tier. This is what it does in this team and it does it well: switch into the common Talonflame, Clefairy or Jirachi and set up rocks. A second Taunt is quite unexpected and has been useful in a wide number of unexpected cases.
Dragonite has been the last pokemon to join this team. I'm still uncertain about which is the best move in its fourth slot. For the rest it does exactly the same thing of all the Linked Dragonites: Extremespeed+Endure and Fire Punch for coverage against steel type.

This team is long to be perfect but managed to counter almost the prevailing archetypes. I wish for Linked to be proposed again at the earliest opportunity: it's fine to have a meta where battles aren't endless and I think there's still space for it to evolve.

Linked will end in a week, so here's my build that I used to carry through the whole month:

(Staraptor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Strongest wallbreaker anyone could ever asked. Outsped by faster pokemon, but Thundurus can use thunder wave when you have the chance to do so.

(Sableye) @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

This is to check all physical pokemon, such as Jirachi, Garchomp, Dragonite etc. with taunt/ will-o-wisp.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

May be gimmick at first, but this is better set to defeat Talonflame.

(Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 Def / 248 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Taunt+Thunder Wave first, then Thunderbolt. If lucky, thundurus can outspeed Adamant Talonflame, by taunting/paralyzing it.

Last edited:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold / Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Defog / Brave Bird

If you can't one-shot or Taunt (or Magic Bounce) this set with one, preferably two, members of your team... you are going to have a hard time. Set up Stealth Rock (I like to run another hazard setter to compliment this set), and literally just sit there clicking Whirlwind + Roost while things get scratched to death. I mean, most good teams will have an answer naturally, but it's a matter of waiting for that answer to come out naturally or predicting one of its other two moves to be used. Seriously, try it out.

Stealth Rock is to make Skarmory more self-sufficient in its task of hazard damaging. Defog is a great option so that Dual Screeners and hazard layers can't just set up on it, while I suppose Brave Bird can be used if you don't want to have to Struggle, but honestly if it gets taunted, you should probably just switch it out anyways. Bold if you run Defog to minimize Foul Play damage, Impish if you run Brave Bird.

EDIT: Run Roost first so you at least heal on Magic Bouncer switch-ins.

Last edited:
Alright my friends since everyone is showing off their final teams I guess it is my turn to show off mine.

The goal of this team is simple, bombard the opponent with excessively strong attacks before they can hit back. Sharpedo, Weavile and Bisharp fufill those roles extremely well.

Sharpedo @ Dread Plate/Focus sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Super Fang
- Assurance
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Sharpedo has a very dangerous niche in linked by being able to kill most mons barring ghost types with the combination of super fang + assurance while increasing it's speed every turn and with it reducing it's chances of dying to a counter attack. Aqua jet is used as a way of either denting or finishing off talonflame and dealing chip damage to other mons that would outspeed it at the position that it is in. Protect is the standard move for the fourth spot, giving it +1 speed easily and possibly weakening the opposing mon if they are already statused.

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash/Ice Shard
- Low Kick/Ice Shard

Weavile is the speedster of the team, being able to outspeed and deal a lot of damage to the opposing team or even snowball through it if the team is weakened enough. SD + Knock off is standard damage output and can possibly knock off the opponent's scarfmon and maybe allowing another member to outspeed them when they normally wouldn't. Icicle crash and low kick are optional spread moves but most of the time you will be clicking SD + Knock off. Ice Shard can be put in place of either of them to deal more chip damage to talonflame and others if you would get out prioritized or outsped.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp operates as the powerhouse of the team with more power than weavile but with the trade off of less speed. Just like weavile SD + attack will be the move that you are clicking but with bisharp you have iron head instead of knock off for the sake of better attacking coverage. Due to bisharp's lower speed -239 is really really slow- you might not have as much of a chance to set up with SD + Iron head but thankfully the speed is patched up with the move sucker punch.

But, if you are in the situation where you will be outsped or the opponent will live your attacks and possibly kill back, then this is where the rest of the team comes into play.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Protect

Ferrothorn acts as the anti unaware and recoil dealer #1 of the team, being able to take hits very well and just be abhorrently annoying to deal with. I chose leech seed + toxic over hazards on this team just because unaware users can be extremely detrimental to the rest of the squad. Leech seed + toxic allow ferro to cripple most defensive answers to this team barring other ferrothorn and heal itself. Knock off is the third move of choice just for the utility that it provides, ranging from removing a rocky helmet so that you will be taking less recoil damage to removing a choice scarf or a band from a mon that would normally outspeed or OHKO with it. Protect is the final move in the set and lets ferro to rack up the leech seed drainage and toxic damage.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Endure

Garchomp is the #2 recoil dealer of the team and acts as the main talonflame counter of the team. As fun as a roar + dragon tail link is, this team needs extra damage so much that eq + draco meteor works way better. I also chose draco meteor for it's ability to bypass defense boosts on things like bulk up conkeldurr or bulk up talonflame. Fire blast is chosen over stealth rocks just for it's ability to deal a chunk of damage to ferrothorn which is really, really annoying for the 3 main attackers to face. Endure is in the final slot to maximize recoil damage and or status damage.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Talonflame is the last member on this team for one main reason, mach punch or vacuum wave, especially with 2 other stab moves in a link coming from an infernape completely 6-0 this team, talon gives an answer to those moves and nape by being able to come in and either KO back or force a switch. Brave bird + roost is the standard link for this set by allowing talon to attack and heal at the same time instead of straight up dying to ferrothorn with a rocky helmet. Bulk up gives talon some much needed power -199 attack is absolute trash- and defense at the same time, allowing it to take hits and hit back much better. Taunt is the final option for this set for the ability to shut down clefable and possibly setup and sweep on a ferrothorn along with general status utility.

Threats:

Infernape, specifically if it is running non choiced vacuum wave. This thing literally 5-0s my team and maybe 6-0s if it somehow uses hp rock -God forbid that becoming the standard- against talon on the switch, especially if rocks are up.

Mega pinsir, boosted priority destroys this team and with the spread that I run on talon, outspeeds and kills talonflame before it can stop it's sweep. If you see one you must keep your recoil abusers in good condition or else this thing wins.

Weather and Tailwind, specifically sand and rain but sun can be a problem too. Mons with chlorophyll, sand rush, swift swim or under the influence of tailwind will outspeed most of the team and if played right, can just outright sweep you if you are not prepared.

Hazards -Rof no sprite here-, as you can see there is no hazard remover on my team and with it comes the danger of hazards. Once they are up they are there to stay. Play exceptionally carefully with them and do whatever you can to keep them from going up.

Importable:

Sharpedo @ Dread Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Super Fang
- Assurance
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Weavile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Protect

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Endure

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Just to give an example of how the powerful this team's bombardment of attacks can be, here is a replay from the finals of a linked tournament against Dr. Phd. BJ.
It was a very good match but you can see how well this team works if you get just 1 opportunity to setup.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/linked-245070716

So this is my squad, very powerful, very annoying and very good at it's job. I have had a ton of fun playing linked this past month and I hope we can bring it back once it's cooldown period ends.

EDIT! I managed to make it to the top of the ladder with this squad and broke 1500 with it!

Last edited:
Alright here is my team. My team was a massive threat before the choice clause. It is still a great team but it seems to have declined slightly.
Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Pulse
When I am doing a battle this pokemon is almost always my lead because it has access to SR+Roar and can attack well. My goal with Heatran is to just get Rocks Up in a battle because it benefits my team alot. I try to make Heatran more likely to survive 1 hit by giving it an Air Balloon to avoid Ground Moves. Lava Plume is it's Main STAB while Dragon Pulse covers Dragon Types.

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
With Rocky Helmet Plus Rough Skin this pokemon does massive recoil while causing confusion to other teams. With Dragon Tail+Roar I can cause massive damage my making opponent switch out twice with a chance of having Stealth Rock up. Even people who switch to Fairy types still are hurt by Roar. Plus I can do massive damage to Talonflame by outwalling it, causing recoil, and even being able to roar it in. Earthquake is an Attacking Move so Garchomp can damage against Klefki or even help contribute when Taunted. Stealth Rock is

Talonflame (M)
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
Alright so almost every team has a Talonflame. I run Acro+Brave Bird for the most possible damage while not wasting my Choice slot. Flare Blitz is for Ferrothorn and other Steel Types. U-Turn is great on pokemon such as Tyranitar and allows me switch out quickly. Roost could be used instead of U-Turn in some cases.

Surperior (Serperior) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
This is the pokemon that takes my Choice Slot. The main goal of the set is to sweep with Leaf Storm. Dragon Pulse is added with Leaf Storm so Serperior is not crippled against pokemon who resist Grass. Hidden Power Fire covers Steel which Grass and Dragon do not cover. Synthesis is recovery which is really only used if Knocked Off. Serperior is used late match usually because it can sweep through easier when big threats suchas Talonflame are gone.

Lopunny (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Last Resort
- Fake Out
Mega Lopunny became a must for the eam when the Choice Clause came. It made me have to abandon Mega Slowbro and come up with something to replace some of now useless previous Choice Scarfers. Mega Lopunny always starts off with a Fake Out. It will then always use Power-Up Punch +Last Resort to do massive damage. Mega Lopunny can sink through priority only once per switch in but it is still very fast at 405 Speed.

Missing Scarf? (Gengar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
People may think I am nuts running this without a Scarf and running Focus Sash instead but it has reasoning. Shadow Ball+Sludge Wave are it's 2 Main Moves. It goes through many threats such as Clefable easily. Focus Blast is a coverage move that covers pokemon such as Bisharp easily. Destiny Bond is there to cause a neutral faint with a potential sweeper who uses 1 attacking move in a link. Destiny Bond can really help turn the tide of a match at the most unexpected times. Focus Sash makes it easier for me to take advantage of Destiny Bond.

Alright here is my team. My team was a massive threat before the choice clause. It is still a great team but it seems to have declined slightly.
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Pulse
When I am doing a battle this pokemon is almost always my lead because it has access to SR+Roar and can attack well. My goal with Heatran is to just get Rocks Up in a battle because it benefits my team alot. I try to make Heatran more likely to survive 1 hit by giving it an Air Balloon to avoid Ground Moves. Lava Plume is it's Main STAB while Dragon Pulse covers Dragon Types.

Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
With Rocky Helmet Plus Rough Skin this pokemon does massive recoil while causing confusion to other teams. With Dragon Tail+Roar I can cause massive damage my making opponent switch out twice with a chance of having Stealth Rock up. Even people who switch to Fairy types still are hurt by Roar. Plus I can do massive damage to Talonflame by outwalling it, causing recoil, and even being able to roar it in. Earthquake is an Attacking Move so Garchomp can damage against Klefki or even help contribute when Taunted. Stealth Rock is

Talonflame (M)
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
Alright so almost every team has a Talonflame. I run Acro+Brave Bird for the most possible damage while not wasting my Choice slot. Flare Blitz is for Ferrothorn and other Steel Types. U-Turn is great on pokemon such as Tyranitar and allows me switch out quickly. Roost could be used instead of U-Turn in some cases.

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
This is the pokemon that takes my Choice Slot. The main goal of the set is to sweep with Leaf Storm. Dragon Pulse is added with Leaf Storm so Serperior is not crippled against pokemon who resist Grass. Hidden Power Fire covers Steel which Grass and Dragon do not cover. Synthesis is recovery which is really only used if Knocked Off. Serperior is used late match usually because it can sweep through easier when big threats suchas Talonflame are gone.

Lopunny (M) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Last Resort
- Fake Out
Mega Lopunny became a must for the eam when the Choice Clause came. It made me have to abandon Mega Slowbro and come up with something to replace some of now useless previous Choice Scarfers. Mega Lopunny always starts off with a Fake Out. It will then always use Power-Up Punch +Last Resort to do massive damage. Mega Lopunny can sink through priority only once per switch in but it is still very fast at 405 Speed.

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
People may think I am nuts running this without a Scarf and running Focus Sash instead but it has reasoning. Shadow Ball+Sludge Wave are it's 2 Main Moves. It goes through many threats such as Clefable easily. Focus Blast is a coverage move that covers pokemon such as Bisharp easily. Destiny Bond is there to cause a neutral faint with a potential sweeper who uses 1 attacking move in a link. Destiny Bond can really help turn the tide of a match at the most unexpected times. Focus Sash makes it easier for me to take advantage of Destiny Bond.
Why no Flying Gem on Talonflame?

Flying gem is unreleased. And this is gen 6
Okay. I don't play standard very much anymore, so I don't always remember what's released and what's not. And I've seen Normal and Flying gems in random battles all the time, so I assumed they were released.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Okay. I don't play standard very much anymore, so I don't always remember what's released and what's not. And I've seen Normal and Flying gems in random battles all the time, so I assumed they were released.
Normal Gem is released, but is only really used on Unburden Fake Out Hitmonlee and Explosion mons, but yeah, Flying Gem is unreleased. Randbats usually have unreleased stuff (like pre-ORAS you could use ORAS Megas in ranbats if you got lucky)

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Pulse

Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame (M)
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Lopunny (M) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Last Resort
- Fake Out

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast
Idk why you're running Dragon pulse over flash cannon. Only dragon that doesn't usually run ground coverage is the lati twin, which you already beat with or without dragon pulse.

Idk why you're running Dragon pulse over flash cannon. Only dragon that doesn't usually run ground coverage is the lati twin, which you already beat with or without dragon pulse.
Hmm You may be right. I was not thinking Flash Cannon because of how much Steel is bad offensively. But I could find Flash Cannon useful against Mega-Diancie who can Magic Bounce SR and Roar right back. Earth Power was my other consideration but covering Mega Diancie seems to be the most important.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
My team. Admittedly not the best, I just started using it in retaliation to Talonflame, and such it is pretty much just Anti-Talon. In hindsight, I probably wouldn't need a bird counter if I used one myself, but I've never used it and don't want to, so..

Tyrionitar (Tyranitar) (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Relaxed Nature
- Rock Slide
- Assurance
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Dracaryzard (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Talonflame is coming (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

The Houndrill (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tywindurus (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 140 Atk / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave

Dragonslayer (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Cosmic Power
- Heal Bell

A- ~~> A or A+

Where do I even start with this monster? Bisharp is currently one of the best mons in Linked, hands down. I have no idea why many poeple are choosing not to use him, because it 6-0s or at least 4-0s a ton of teams. Despite being a physical attacker, it has found ways to survive and thrive in the current metagame. If you don't know what I mean, you soon will. Bisharp's best set is Swords Dance + Knock Off/Sucker Punch/Iron Head. We've all known for a long time that strong priority is the best win condition in the meta, and bish has just that. It functions best as a revenge sweeper, so that it gets a free turn to switch in and get the swords dance boost. After one boost, it's extremely difficult to take down. Anything that outspeeds it (mostly scarfers like Gengar and Serperior) simply die to Sucker Punch, making it a potent threat. The Abilities Bisharp has also contributes to its viability. Leading with a hazard setter works wonders on a team with Bisharp, as you can bait out a Defog and immediately receive Defiant boosts. It also has the option of running Inner Focus, a great way to deal with Faketurn. As far as Talonflame goes, it's basically a 50/50. If the Talon goes for a Flare Blitz, you can Sucker Punch it, but if they go for flying moves, you are outsped and 2HKOd. If you predict the Brave Bird link, however, you live one link and can easily OHKO back with SD + Koff. Bisharp should be at least A rank because it's as good as, if not better than, Weavile. Granted it's not blazing fast like Weavile, but it's slightly more powerful and has a better chance of sweeping because of it's stronger priority. And it's most certainly better than Diance-Mega, which shouldn't be in A rank anyway. Bisharp can run Power-Up Punch + Assurance do deal massive damage, but I find that set easier to stop. Either way Bisharp is a great mon that I've been adding to more teams because when you use it, it just works. It's incredible how secure your win is if you keep Bish in the back while removing the few threats it has, like Keldeo and Quagsire. This is a replay I found of a TR team trying to go against Bisharp. Lol.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/linked-241694602
Any word on this? Bisharp deserved the rank up a long while ago.

So for Talonflame (and in fact the entire metagame)...

Aggron (Priority Peter) Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant, 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp.D
-Protect
-Rock Head
-Filler
-Filler

Use Protect for the insane priority. This thing outspeeds switching out. STAB Choice Band Rock Head proceeds to kill everyone.

So for Talonflame (and in fact the entire metagame)...

Aggron (Priority Peter) Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant, 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp.D
-Protect
-Rock Head
-Filler
-Filler

Use Protect for the insane priority. This thing outspeeds switching out. STAB Choice Band Rock Head proceeds to kill everyone.
Except it doesn't work that way. The OP explicitly states that the lowest priority move of the two linked moves would be the priority used. So, in this case, Protect would only work if the opponent was slower than Aggron, which probably isn't happening.

Not to mention that you're thinking of Head Smash.

So uh, what's new since this was last OMotM... right, Hoopa-U. What cool sets could it run? Is it too slow to be effective here? Post your thoughts.

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
I would easily be willing to give up my choice item for this, scarfed Hoopa-u with hyperspace hole and hyperspace fury would be insane! Especially due to the fact that not even protection saves you

I haven't played around with Hoopa-U yet, but there are a few new threats I've uncovered since this was OMoTM. One of them is Scarf Tornadus-T.

Tornadus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave/Tailwind
- U-turn

At first glance this probably looks pretty bad... linking two moves of the same type? What does that accomplish? But for a couple of reasons it actually puts in a lot of work. Combining Torn's decent special attack stat with two STAB moves makes for a powerful barrage. One of the fastest scarfers in the current meta is Serperior, which this outspeeds and easily OHKOs. The other factor you have to think about it is the secondary effects of these flying type moves. Having a 30% chance to confuse and a 30% chance to flinch opponents every turn has helped me push past would-be counters many times. Skarmory and Heatran think they can freely switch in, but chances are Torn will cripple them with hax. The best switch-in to this set is Tyranitar, especially because sand gives Hurricane 50% accuracy, so be on the lookout for that. I slashed Tailwind because as a last resort I guess you could fire off a quick one before you sac Torn and then finish your opponent off with your set up sweeper. I hardly even remember clicking Heat Wave, because the other two options are so reliable anyway. I encourage you to try this set out and tell me what you think n_n

Slaking @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
- Power-up Punch
- Giga Impact

252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Power-Up Punch vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 55-66 (15.9 - 19.1%) -- possible 6HKO +
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Mega Aggron: 152-179 (44.1 - 52%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO =
60%-71%

oh wait did I mention Nasty Plot + Hyper Beam Porygon Z?

+2 252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 298-351 (81.8 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

pretty much a free kill if you are not going up against a not very effective tank or ghosts

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)