It's offical, the new formes DON'T work on wifi or union room.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It looks like they're explaining how a Skymin turns back to Land Shaymin; when it's frozen, when it's night time, and when it's in the box.

But no mention of WiFi? Weird.

Mario With Lasers

Hmm. Now, we need somebody to dwell into the horror that might be the Japanese side of the internet >_> We need to know if they are having the same problem with Skymin and O-Tina somehow...

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uhg . . . that sounds irritating even to me. Still, if anyone knows a good forum, I'll go . . . but really, the Japanese don't seem to be into forums as much as us. Blogs are more common I think?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That was my idea, but *sigh*

I don't know of any ones at all. o_o;

I don't know any except 2chan. xD

This is the one time Google fails us....

Mario With Lasers

Well, I know nothing about japanese sites. Googling "Sky shaymin wi-fi connectivity" in japanese could return something?

I'm not really sure how we'll do it, but if they have tested Skymin already, they WILL have talked about it, either in blogs or forums.

Or Japanese Youtube? >_>

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I remember in the Showdown tournament thread, to research Japanese playing styles, there was one competitive site URL posted.

But I'm too lazy to fetch it so Chou can read it.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meh, I just did a quick google search for the terms "Wifi" "Shaymin" and "skyform" and nothing noteworthy came up in the top few sites. I g2g do homework.

I wouldn't be surprised if GF is in fact keeping Shaymin-S from being used in WiFi in Platinum only so that they can make another game in the near future in which it can be used.

Nor would I be surprised if it's just this way in the Japanese games; I myself doubt that they would make a Pokemon and then keep it from being used on WiFi. That would just be a stupid company move and would piss off a large majority of the buyers (mostly younger kids who would complain about it).

It's irrelevant PR. The people that will really care are competitive players, who will likely buy the game anyway for the tutors. They never actually promised that these Pokemon could be used on Wifi, right? That image could have been from local wireless. So it wouldn't even be that they were lying--just that people misunderstood.

Not entirely positive about that last part, though, but really, I don't see this having any effect on their public image.

With that said, I wouldn't condemn anything until we've learned whether or not Shaymin's Sky Forme and Giratina's Origin Forme can be used over the Japanese Wifi, as it is very possible that it is being restricted from American Wifi until Platinum is released. And even if it isn't available over Japanese Wifi currently, that doesn't mean it won't be.

tl;dr: This thread is an overreaction.

I read from Serebi or Pokebeach that there's a glitch in the first batch of Pokemon Platinum and it will be fixed in the future batches?

Also are DS games capable of downloading patches?

have we resolved whether we're going to use them? their data exists, we have the ability to simulate them etc..

at the very least they're going in ext. game right? or maybe there can be 2 extended games .-.;;

Mario With Lasers

Huh.

I got a Movie Shaymin from pokesav.org, and used the Flower on it. It transformed.

Then, I changed its OT, ID, SID and removed the Classic Ribbon.

It transformed again.

What the hell?

Huh.

I got a Movie Shaymin from pokesav.org, and used the Flower on it. It transformed.

It transformed again.

What the hell?
Maybe it checks to see if its in a cherish ball?

Huh.

It transformed again.

What the hell?
I think you need movie shaymin to get the flower. But then you can transform any shaymin.

Mario With Lasers

First Movie Shaymin: Cherish Ball, my ID, OT, SID, original location, no Classic Ribbon.

Second Movie Shaymin: Timer Ball, same ID, OT, SID, original location, Classic Ribbon.

Third Movie Shaymin: Timer Ball, my ID, OT, SID, random location, no Classic Ribbon.

All of them have transformed. All of them.

Wait, I need to check Flower Paradise Shaymin.

Mario With Lasers

FUCK

Just tested, the problem is the Flower Paradise location. I hate Game Freak. As if giving Movie Darkrai Spacial Rend wasn't enough, now you give Movie Shaymin a fucking new form, ability and move >_> Very clever... and cruel.

That's what we get for discovering glitches and spreading them through the Internet, rofl. Goddamn Japanese.

This only means one thing....Gamefreak is spying on us. It's finding way to please us as well as foil our plan to exploit glitches. It's a freaking conspiracy I tell you >_>

I'd just like to let you guys know that alternate forms are allowed on wi-fi. But not by a legit method. (Again, hacking)

Therefore, its nothing having to do with wi-fi. It is platinum that is programmed to revert the pokemon to their regular forms.
Maybe its a temporary thing. I tried what syberia said and it works.

Why? I don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)