It's offical, the new formes DON'T work on wifi or union room.

Um, yean.Remember that Platinum has never evenbeen discussed in America; hell, we can only GUESS a release date. So it would make sense that they would ban it from American Wifi.

EDIT:AHA AGE BEAT MEH

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only other thing I can think of to try is a battle like they had us do at Showdown, where you don't actually go IN the union room, but instead talk to the lady in the corner and directly set up a battle with another copy of Platinum that way. I might mess around with that later, but that way you're not in some sort of lobby area where the game could connect you to a version of D/P; it knows what version you're connecting to ahead of time.

It'd require 2 DSes and 2 copies of Platinum to be battling locally, of course.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon will not be implemented on the Smogon Shoddy server in any official tier if they cannot be used in battle, just like we don't allow you to use X-Attack in the middle of a battle. This means that, until someone finds a way to use such a Pokemon in a competitive battle, it will not be allowed.

That's very nice theory you all have... truly, I respect that, but, this is just one of those things where people are so full of... false hope.

Since when have Nintendo of America changed stuff for us for the better? We only have it worst. Nintendo loses all credibility for knowing their game for banning Phione in Battle Tower.

So, may I ask you, what of the local union room? The formes resets and you cannot change it back in the room. And that has NOTHING to do with wifi.

also one must remember that those photos were pre release photos and they may have changed their minds about allowing these forms out of ingame

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't play any tier above BL, so I honestly don't really care. xD I'm just postulating an idea...

Well, then who knows. I'm sure Nintendo will have something to say about it eventually, so. =/

That's very nice theory you all have... truly, I respect that, but, this is just one of those things where people are so full of... false hope.

Since when have Nintendo changed stuff for us for the better? We only have it worst.

So, may I ask you, what of the local union room? The formes resets and you cannot change it back in the room. And that has NOTHING to do with wifi.
Changed? Seriously, now. You can't just up & claim it as fact, until every possibily has been explored. For us? Come on now. They aren't doing it to make us "happy", it just hasn't been discussed yet in America,and they ca hold it off till they are ready to unveil it.

What about Rotom forms? I know that the moves stay, but do the stats and/or sprites stay? Because that would be a HUGE waste of potential.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I agree with whoever said that a japanese speaking member should try to call someone at NOJ or email them about this. If they just straight up say that they're not allowed, then they're most likely telling the truth. But if they say something like "we can't answer that right now", then that can at least offer some kind of hope.

Meh, just a suggestion.

Until we get full proof, we can't say that it is unusable. It doesn't matter what we think, or if they "never did anything for us", until it comes out in America, we cannot assume that it will remain that way.

I'm not saying that they will allow it on Wifi in America, but we don't have enough infomation to just seal the coffin on that right now.

BTW, I was using a Japanese DS, when I did this.

You guys don't understand don't you.

WHEN YOU ENTER THE UNION ROOM (WHICH IS JUST LOCAL WIRELESS), THE FORMES CHANGE BACK.

This has nothing to do with wifi, it is the game doing to work.

God damn.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Clear you really shouldn't get so defensive about it :/ People are likely to have their doubts with a) the pokemon being brand new and overtly hyped, b) people wanting them to be used, and c) no official confirmation either way.

I myself think there is a way, I mean they wouldn't release official pictures with edited Wireless/Wi-Fi bars in them (Those screenshots come from official sites so yea.)

For one thing, that is just the Union Room, not common Wifi. So that isn't a fact that it is banned on wifi at all. Second, did you try it with someone else? Could there be an item for later release that will allow it to be used on wifi/union room? Ad is said item held back until the American release?

It isn't optimism that makes me say this, it's not knowing the full situation. Until you get all the facts, such assumtions cannot be made.

BTW, I was using a Japanese DS, when I did this.

You guys don't understand don't you.

WHEN YOU ENTER THE UNION ROOM (WHICH IS JUST LOCAL WIRELESS), THE FORMES CHANGE BACK.

This has nothing to do with wifi, it is the game doing to work.

God damn.
Obviously, they are making it compatible with Diamond/ Pearl, which is why you can't use the alternate forms in the Union room. It makes sense, seeing how these alternate forms are more complex than Deoxys.

Clear, calm down buddy. I think you should add that to the first post to make things more clear (ohoho pun). Everyone seems to be under the impression that it was wifi related. Just tell them that it's union room (local wireless) that is doing this as well.

Clear, calm down buddy. I think you should add that to the first post to make things more clear (ohoho pun). Everyone seems to be under the impression that it was wifi related. Just tell them that it's union room (local wireless) that is doing this as well.
great thing people don't read till the end huh.

It's amazing that the bolded statement saying "I tried this in union room too and it didn't work too, oh nos.".

On the first post too, no less.

Last edited by Clear : September 14th, 2008 at 09:09 PM.
I did it way before.

If that is the case, maybe it will be availible for only Platinum version play. Maybe it will be an upload, downloaded from the Wii, or otherwise. Maybe they will have an item ready for use.

Alot of maybes. Simply because it is far too early to write this off as impossible. Until I get absolute fact, other than a test made by one person a few days after release, there is still no way to say that it is impossible.

I don't care, really. I don't intend to soft reset for wifi. Nor am I saying this as something that will happen, or even something that will most likely happen. But it is too soon to just say that we are unable to use it.

Theres no proof that those images are on Wi-Fi...

Plus I also heard that they're unable to be used on Wi-Fi. The item for Shaymin is a key item not an attached item. This means you cannot have it stay in sky form for as long as you want. It also depends on the time of day. Theres no controling the time of day on Wi-Fi so I'm pretty sure the OP of this thread this is correct.

However I have 1 question. This is intended for a OP. If you can get Air Slash on the sky form then make it land form again, will the land form have Air Slash? Thanks if you can answer this! :D

Theres no proof that those images are on Wi-Fi...

Plus I also heard that they're unable to be used on Wi-Fi. The item for Shaymin is a key item not an attached item. This means you cannot have it stay in sky form for as long as you want. It also depends on the time of day. Theres no controling the time of day on Wi-Fi so I'm pretty sure the OP of this thread this is correct.

However I have 1 question. This is intended for a OP. If you can get Air Slash on the sky form then make it land form again, will the land form have Air Slash? Thanks if you can answer this! :D
I don't see it as a problem. There is a crapload of things that have new moves, what, they are going to ban it for D/P, just because it's "not there"? That's dumb.

Unless idiots decided to do a "Pre-Platinum" metagame FTL. Are they really that scared of Outrage on Salamence?

Off Topic: With Outrage on Salamence, Dragonite is finished. Poor Dragonite... if only you got back Extremespeed...

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hmm, yes Union room has to be compatible with Diamond/Pearl so it makes sense they could not enter there. Has anyone tried Platinum v. Platinum wifi battle?

I don't see it as a problem. There is a crapload of things that have new moves, what, they are going to ban it for D/P, just because it's "not there"? That's dumb.

Unless idiots decided to do a "Pre-Platinum" metagame FTL. Are they really that scared of Outrage on Salamence?

Off Topic: With Outrage on Salamence, Dragonite is finished. Poor Dragonite... if only you got back Extremespeed...
Pretty sure you quoted the wrong reply. ._.

*coughsimscough*

^This. ^_^;;

This is what matters. Unless they do something to the servers to make it happen, I don't see it happening. It could be made into the game before you connect online that it reverts to Land during Nintendo WFC and Union Room. Which means we're screwed.

The only other option is the lady upstairs on the far right, but then it's like a waste of time if you're forced to use the things over that. Restricted to local tournaments, restricted to Lv. 50. (unless they have Local Lv. 100 now, at least that'd be fun to have, no more Wifi only IV check, but it'd only be compatible with other Platinums, shit.....)

It's too early to say it's impossible, but don't get your hopes up, best would be not to even think about the alt forms at all until we get confirmation they're playable on Wifi, which I don't see happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)