Inverse Battle Viability Rankings

Any love for mega Latias to A?

Probably should go higher, but the CM set is insane right now. So in Standard play it hates the fact that it can NEVER get the right coverage, being pursuit weak and generally every team having multiple switch ins.

Now, however, it's free to run Calm mind, Recover, Stored power and it's last moveslot can be anything from Substitute, Refresh, Thunder wave or coverage. It's an amazing pokemon and I honestly suggest you all try it. Just watch out for Breloom, Lopunny and Beedril!

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Due to the 0 arguments against Mega Latias and Avalugg Rise / drop, I've moved them to the respective tiers

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Trapinch can't trap Roar Avalugg, also how are you getting in lel

While we're here:
Pinsir should be in A- or A, SD 2HKOs Avalugg after a boost and it has EQ to hit Grass types (+2 252 Atk Mega Pinsir Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 306-362 (75.7 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO).
Both Zards should drop, Y can't touch Chansey and while X is good in theory (
4 SpA Mega Charizard X Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Avalugg: 210-247 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery), it's fairly mediocre in practice, with an awful defensive typing making it hard to set up DDs (great offensively though).
Sceptile and M-Zam should drop a subrank at least, Sceptile's biggest niche is cteaming Bees but it's just mediocre, it kinda breaks Chanslugg with SD but not very well, Aboma does that better. Vs offense you can just use Bees for a similar effect. Zam is just really uncommon and competes with Melo for a slot, yes it beats offense which rely on Beedrill for speed but that's just bad teambuilding.
Non-mega Lati@s should also drop IMO, in theory they're cool as Mamo checks (Levitate) and +1 Psyshock from LO Latios 2HKOs Chansey, but in practice I've found them really mediocre.
I've never seen Keldeo or Lando-T, and I can't think why I'd want to use either - Keldeo could run Scarf to surprise Bees I guess, but then you're hopelessly walled by P2, Chansey, etc, and relying on your opponent not scouting for Scarf. Lando competes with Lando-I which is generally better (it can Koff Chansey/P2, etc).
Rhyperior should also rise out of B-, yes the weakness to SR and Normals hurts it but it's just so damn fat, it gets up rocks pretty well too and Lightningrod trolls electrics which don't usually have coverage to beat it. Pairs nicely with a grass type as they cover each other almost perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)