Pet Mod Generation X - The Third Chapter [Desvega] (Coded!)

Should we have a Generational Gimmick akin to Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, Dynamax and Terastalizaiton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Normal
G-Luke
SigilyphBro (SV)
Pokepoindexter
Anaconja
Flareth13
Flying
Samtendo09
Anaconja
Revenge of Depressed Gay
Flareth13
Emergence
Bug
RedwoodRouge
SigilyphBro (SV)
Flareth13
Beebos
Anaconja
Mammal
Bloopyghost
SigilyphBro (SV)
Pokepoindexter
Sunsteel Smash
Samtendo09

A bit late to this but here are my votes
Rodent/Normal - Samtendo09, G-Luke, anaconja, Loginator, Sigilyph Bro

Flying - Emergence, flareth13, Sunsteel Smash, Dilasc, anaconja

Bug - RedwoodRogue, Beebos (sv), Bloopyghost, Glubbfubb, Loginator

Mammal - PokePoindexter, flareth13, Sigilyph Bro, anaconja, Bloopyghost

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
sigilyph bro
samtendo
loginator
anaconja
sunsteel smash

rodg
anaconja
loginator
samtendo
sunsteel smash

bloopyghost
anaconja
totally odette
flareth13
emergence

samtendo
sigilyph bro
sunsteel smash
flareth13
anaconja

Last edited:

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
Rodent/Normal:
Kangarat Line (Totally_Odette)
Ratium Line (anaconja)
Voil Line (Loginator)
Quillent Line (flareth13)
Jumpoa Line (Samtendo09)

Flying:
Veloxity Line (anaconja)
Mystichick Line (Emergence)
Fuzzifoul Line (RoDG)
Paintweet Line (Samtendo09)
Chickairdo Line (Loginator)

Bug:
Peptini Line (RoDG)
Nymphee Line (Emergence)
Crickax Line (SV)
Slitherfish Line (Loginator)
Arachamel Line (Totally_Odette)

Mammal:
Ovisset Line (anaconja)
Flumi Line (SV)
Pichat (Samtendo09)
Desvegan Nickit Line (flareth13)
Ohmadillo (PokePoindexter)

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Thanks to Bloopyghost who managed to tally up the votes on my part, I will announce the winners!

As I said earlier, for any tie, it is up to two submissions per category if neither is a Duo / Triple Counterpart submission. Only first place counts like with previous slates. Thus the winners are…

Toadally line + Gopharm line by Sigilyph Bro and G-Luke respectively, Veloxity line by anaconja, Slitherfish line by Loginator, and finally Pichat line + Flumi line by yours truly and Bloopyghost, respectively.
Rodent/Normal:

Toadally Line (Sigilyph Bro) - 17
Gopharm Line (G-Luke) - 17

Jumpoa Line (Samtendo09) - 15
Kangarat Line (Totally_Odette) - 13
Quipmunk Line (PokePoindexter) - 13
Quillent Line (flareth13) - 12
Ratium Line (anaconja) - 12
Voil Line (Loginator) - 12
Desvegan Sentret (Sunsteeel Smash) - 5
Kangla Line (Glubbfubb) - 4

Flying:

Veloxity Line (anaconja) - 28
Fuzzifoul Line (Revenge of Depressed Gay) - 17
Mystichick Line (Emergence) - 14
Paintweet (Samtendo09) - 12
Hummwing (flareth13) - 11
Kardibird Line (Glubbfubb) - 10
Condrip Line (Dilasc) - 10
Chicakairdo (Loginator) - 10
Breezling Line (Sunsteel Smash) - 8

Bug:

Slitherfish Line (Loginator) - 17
Largio Line (anaconja) - 15
Bittybyte Line (RedwoodRogue) - 15
Desvegan Weedle Line (Beebos) - 14
Nymphee Line (Emergence) - 14
Crickax Line (Bloopyghost) - 13
Arachamel Line (Totally_Odette) - 8
Whythr Line (Glubbfubb) - 8
Tarchop Line (Sigilyph Bro) - 6
Desvegan Bonsly (flareth13) - 6
Peptini Line (RoDG) - 5

Mammal:

Pichat (Samtendo09) - 24
Flumi (Bloopyghost) - 24

Ohmadillo (PokePoindexter) - 20
Ovisset Line (anaconja) - 14
Globlett (Sigilyph Bro) - 14
Desvegan Nickit (flareth13) - 8
Bunnust Line (Sunsteel Smash) - 7
We will enter our first ever discussion phase. Which of the winner submissions that made you the most interested so far?

I am also making a Google Form regarding the distribution of certain moves. While we do not operate under any Movexit rule, some moves will get reduced distribution, or more distribution in the case of a few other moves.

The list so far are:
  • Possible reduced distribution: Toxic, Scald, Hidden Power, Knock Off, Pursuit
  • Possible increased distribution: Heal Order, Roost, Defog, Sticky Web
  • Possibly given to at least another Pokémon: Court Change
If you have a move that should belong to one of the above, let me know.

Last edited:
Heal Bell/Aromatherapy should get a higher distribution. Clerics are very scarce with Aromatherapy being outright removed in Gen 9 and only the Blissey line getting Heal Bell now. They aren't great moves but increasing their distribution couldn't hurt. Everything that had Heal Bell/Aromatherapy before should get it back, Aromatherapy should be pretty common among Grass types, and maybe give Heal Bell to the Bronzong line if that comes back since it is a bell Pokemon.

anaconja

long day at job
Heal Bell/Aromatherapy should get a higher distribution. Clerics are very scarce with Aromatherapy being outright removed in Gen 9 and only the Blissey line getting Heal Bell now. They aren't great moves but increasing their distribution couldn't hurt. Everything that had Heal Bell/Aromatherapy before should get it back, Aromatherapy should be pretty common among Grass types, and maybe give Heal Bell to the Bronzong line if that comes back since it is a bell Pokemon.
this is not a problem because its natdex movepool

i dont see the point of increased roost and defog when most flyings/bird things have roost already same with defog. i do want to see rapid spin distributed to more fat mons and/or mons with recovery though.

im okay with lower toxic distribution but less scald/hp/pursuit distribution is pretty silly imo, hp and pursuit were never problems and if ur so mad about getting burned slap a lum/cloak on something because id rather have water walls that dont feel ridiculously passive

Yeah, I can't really speak for much else, but Pursuit doesn't need to be nerfed. Like anaconja said, it was never an issue. And I'd be fine with a bit more Scald than what's currently in the SV meta (1), but besides that I wouldn't really know how to distribute it.

Also I'd possibly be okay with a Hidden Power "nerf" if Pokemon were given more coverage moves or if it was mostly distributed to the Pokemon that sorely, sorely deserve coverage. I'm not 100% on this idea so don't take it at face value.

Gonna go over all of the moves mentioned by Samtendo:
- Toxic getting a huge distribution nerf in recent gens was a pretty based move on Gamefreak's part ngl, but since it's such an important tool for breaking bulky mons and stall teams I can understand why some people are vocal about the change. So while on a NatDex level Toxic does deserve decreased availability, make sure not to remove it from too many mons

- Scald is kind of a bitch move, mostly because it shuts down physical attackers too well and could be splashed onto any Water mon with even the smallest of defensive merit. That being said SV had the opposite problem of giving Scald to too little mons (as in, literally only Volcanion lol). Just be a little considerate of who and how many get it and we should be fine

- I'm what some people would consider a Hidden Power hater... like if a mon needs the coverage that hidden power provides so much, then just give it a move of that type for god's sake! Not to mention it's limited to special mons (most of the time). I couldn't care less if HP distribution gets gutted

- Knock Off had the same problem as Scald: too much availability for the long-term value it provides. Difference is that there are other moves that can apply burns, while Knock is like, the only good item-removing move, so don't limit the distribution too much.

- I don't have much experience regarding Pursuit's value, but with how much Ghost has been shaping up to be one of the best types in modern gens, I don't think it should get a distribution nerf

- More bugs getting reliable recovery is cool but Roost's distribution isn't that bad atm

- See Scald. If Defog gets increased distribution it should be very minor.

- Sticky Web's problem is less that the distribution is too small and more that almost every mon that gets it is a dogshit Bug-type. Your only options in SV for example are Spidops, Masquerain, and goddamn Kricketune. So like 5 mons max should get webs, just make sure those mons are actually usable.

- Court Change is a pretty cool hazard control move but Cinderace is a pretty cringe design, I would not mind seeing a few mons get it

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
I think the argument against Scald is a tiny bit overblown. Perhaps not every Water-type under the sun should get it, but it is a very nice move in general, it lets passive Waters not be momentum sinks while giving special Water breakers a means to wear down their checks. I would not mind more Scald.

Hidden Power was fine. It was mostly used by Electrics and like one out of every 4 Lando-Ts to hit Grounds while also being used by Serp, Zone and Latis so they can hit Ferro/other Steels. That said, I do like the idea of giving some weaker moves out as common coverage options, like how Mystical Fire was widely distributed to Psychics as anti-Steel coverage in Gen 8. Just not sure on what these moves would be.

I like Knock. It is cool.

Pursuit was dope Gamefreak was tripping when they snapped it.

So-so on increased recovery distribution in general but Roost should just be on most Flyings. I don't see why this needs reduced distribution.

Defog and hazard removal in general should be on good mons that can use them, I dunno why there's an argument against it. No mon would be annoying if it was handed Defog. This is just a healthy thing for any meta to have esp since subbers love giving their mons hazards.

Webs should stay on shitmons tbh. Like if peeps are rlly dying to have Webs maybe we could give it to 1 decent Bug, but not 5. PERHAPS 2 if we wanna be rlly generous.

Court Change distrib would be ok. Just don't hand it out too often and I'm on-board.

Don't have anything else to add. Can't think of any specific moves I'd like to see more of.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I removed Scald, Knock Off and Hidden Power off the moves that will be in the Google Form, after hearing good arguments from the good people. Toxic will stay due to an agreement that it’s too widespread within NatDex / near-unrestricted tradeback learnsets.

Before we move to the next slate, I want to nominate a move and see if people would agree: Accelerock, signature move of Midday and Dusk Lycanroc.

Rock-type Pokémon are not known for their speed, and only Midday Lycanroc have access to Sand Rush, leaving very few of them to circumvent their Speed issue without Agility. Accelerock, while only 40 BP like most attacking priority moves, can be useful to pick off weakened faster targets, particularly any Rock-weak Pokémon like Weavile and Zapdos.

While this move alone won’t salvage Sudowoodo, Rampardos, Stonjourner* and Hisuian Avalugg, it will grant them a niche in the lowest tier they’ll land on, and other slow Rock-type Pokémon, such as Golem, Armaldo, Midnight Lycanroc and Gigalith will appreciate a revenge killing tool.

(*Stonjourner also gained an evolution back in Loria, Stontank, Rock/Grass with 140 Attack and 110 / 140 physical bulk, 60 Special Defense which while bad, it’s nowhere as abysmal as Stonjourner‘s 20 Special Defense and can actually benefit Sandstorm or Assault Vest. Rock / Grass, with Stone Edge + Power Whip / Wood Hammer, is also a surprisingly great offensive type combination, only resisted by Steel, and Steel tend to fall pray to Low Kick.)

If anyone would support or object, say either yay or nay and, optionally, give me a reason to do so or not to do so.

Yay, other priority moves (before Gen 9 at least) were given on multiple Pokemon and there is no reason Accelerock should be an exception. I'm glad you brought this up.

EDIT: I think instead of increasing Defog distribution, we should increase Mortal Spin distribution. Thing about Defog is that it removes hazards for both sides which sucks.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
The Google Form regarding distribution of certain moves is now complete, but before I send it, there is an important information in mind.

There will be traditional “tradeback” which means if a Pokémon learn a move in any official generation, they will learn it. Later Generation Pokémon, which means the 6th to 9th ones, will have increased amount of Egg Moves (flavor being in priority) to compensate; the item Mirror Herb exists, so don’t worry too much about potential Egg Group incompatibilities and, in the case of the Field Egg Group, Smeargle’s possible absence.

Previously universal moves, such as Hidden Power, will also be given to all Gen 8 and Gen 9 Pokémon capable of using TMs and tutors. The exception would applies to Toxic, which instead might have distribution more limited like in Loria regarding the Toxic TM.

The Desvega region micrometa will not abide to NatDex other than learnsets and possible Toxic’s distribution limitation.

The Google Form in question

Before anyone ask, yes, I included Accelerock since three repliers are agreeing with the distribution increase so far.

And now, the next slate shall begin!

—————
Slate 5: Plains, Roads and Cities, Oh My!

:sv/skuntank::sv/tauros::sv/squawkabilly::sv/azumarill::sv/gardevoir::sv/gallade:

These Pokémon can be found almost everywhere, be it simple grassy roads, simple routes, or rural cities. But while they can be found in “generic” places, they are anything but generic… for the most part. With a wide variety of Pokémon types, the player can find (usually almost) any sort of type-representative member they need to round out their team when not doing a monotype run.

Here’s the rules
- Like I said in the blurb above, this is essentially a free slate, as long as your flavor checks out. For example, don't make something that explicitly has to live in deep trenches or in a desert climate to survive or anything like that.
- You may sub up to 5 unique evolutionary lines. These lines can include split evolutions.
- There is no hard BST limit for this slate, though you should stay reasonable unless you have a good flavor justification like Slaking. Anything with very unreasonable BST without handicap will be very likely to be vetoed.
- As for what's typical for a standard Pokémon, final evolutions tend to peak around the 520-530 range, sometimes going into the 540s for stuff like cross gen evolutions or Gyarados. Florges and Arcanine are the only two non-flavor exceptions to this, being over 550, with the others (Slaking and Archeops) having flavor reasons. Standalone (single-stage) Pokémon tend to stay below 500, especially for early-to-midgame mons, though there are exceptions for later game mons like Lapras, Duraludon or Dhelmise.
- Pseudo-Legendary or conceptually similar Pokémon (a line with final evolution having 600 BST) cannot be submitted until a dedicated slate says so. Be patient!
- You can sub cross-gen evolutions, cross-gen babies / pre-evos, regional forms (with different or additional-stage evolution) and convergent (lookalike) for this slate.

I've had these two lines saved for a bit. I was actually just in California so this is a great opportunity for new mon ideas.

Name: Kidtrus (Kid + Citrus)
Typing:
1688489975003.png

Ability: Citrus / Ripen (HA)
Base Stats: 67/21/49/55/49/34 (275)
Notable Moves: Calm Mind, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Synthesis, Weather Ball
Height + Weight: 0.2 m, 0.6 kg
New Features: Citrus (ability) - This Pokemon’s Grass type attacks have 1.5x power and heal the user by 50% of the damage dealt.
Flavour/Design: Piece of an orange.
Potential Competitive Role: Drain tank

Name: Orounge (Orange + Round)
Typing:
1688489977096.png

Base Stats: 80/34/70/74/70/47 (375)
Notable Moves: Calm Mind, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Synthesis, Weather Ball
Height + Weight: 0.4 m, 2.0 kg
New Features: Citrus (ability) - This Pokemon’s Grass type attacks have 1.5x power and heal the user by 50% of the damage dealt.
Flavour/Design: Whole orange fruit, picture Ababo's face on an orange.

Name: Citrunk (Citrus + Trunk)
Typing:
1688489978934.png

Base Stats: 108/50/87/105/87/63 (500)
Notable Moves: Juice Cannon, Calm Mind, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Synthesis, Weather Ball
Height + Weight: 2.3 m, 97.2 kg
New Features: Citrus (ability) - This Pokemon’s Grass type attacks have 1.5x power and heal the user by 50% of the damage dealt. Juice Cannon (Move, Grass type, Special, 110 BP, 95% accurate, 20% chance to lower the target’s Sp. Defense by 1)
Flavour/Design: Orange tree with branches that it can use arm cannons.

California is known for oranges so here is an orange mon. I thought about whether or not the combination of Citrus + its synergy with its typing + Calm Mind + its good stats would make Citrunk too much, but I think it would be fine since Grass is bad defensively and it has nothing to hit Poison and Steel types with.

Name: Snakler (Snake + Sprinkler)
Typing:
1688490511661.png

Ability: Storm Drain / Rain Dish (HA)
Base Stats: 40/33/64/80/53/55 (325)
Notable Moves: Energy Ball, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Substitute
Height + Weight: 0.5 m, 1.5 kg
Flavour/Design: Small green snake whose body is shaped like a sprinkler.
Potential Competitive Role: Substitute Eviolite attacker maybe?

Name: Hosnake (Hose + Snake)
Typing:
1688490513399.png

Ability: Storm Drain / Rain Dish (HA)
Base Stats: 56/59/95/104/91/76 (481)
Notable Moves: Hose Down, Energy Ball, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Substitute
Height + Weight: 0.9 m, 6.3 kg
New Features: Hose Down (Move, Water type Lumina Crash)
Flavour/Design: Based on a snake and also based on a hose.
Potential Competitive Role: Choice Specs Wallbreaker

This one is a bit more of a stretch in terms of region flavor but California does have snakes. This may be a Water type but it is not a fish mon, it is more related to Marill/Azumarill so it can be in grasslands. I can be convinced to make Hose Down -1 Sp. Defense instead of -2, but I think Hosnake's poor matchup into offense would keep it balanced.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
Name: Ratium (Radium + rat)
Typing:

Ability: Run Away / Immunity
Base Stats: 40 / 60 / 60 / 40 / 60 / 40 | 300
Notable Moves: Body Slam, Quick Attack, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Knock Off, Close Combat, Nuzzle, Swords Dance, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Poison Fang, Toxic
Height + Weight: 0.65m, 15 kg
Flavour/Design: rat got mutation
Potential Competitive Role: shitmon in lc

(evolves at level 20)
Name: Irratiate (Irradiate + rat)
Typing:

Ability: Intimidate / Poison Heal
Base Stats: 80 / 100 / 100 / 70 / 80 / 70 | 500
Notable Moves: Facade, Quick Attack, Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Knock Off, Close Combat, Nuzzle, Swords Dance, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Poison Fang, Toxic, U-Turn
Height + Weight: 1.3m, 50 kg
Flavour/Design: rat got radiation
Potential Competitive Role: bh regigigas 0.4. has incredibly strong facades and nuzzle to paralyze mons so it can outspeed them.
Name: idk
Typing:

Ability: Heavy Metal / Super Luck / Industrialize (This Pokemon's Normal-type moves become Steel-type and have 1.2x power.)
Base Stats: 100 / 110 / 90 / 75 / 70 / 55 | 500
Notable Moves: Body Slam, Iron Head, Rapid Spin, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Pursuit, Recover
Flavor Moves: Pay Day, Make It Rain, Thief, Payback, Taunt, Torment, Embargo
Height + Weight: 1.5m, 300kg
Flavour/Design: its a slot machine
Potential Competitive Role: ur spinner not blocked by ghosts
Name: Sableye-Desvegan
Typing:

Ability: Keen Eye / Pickup / Prankster
Base Stats: 50 / 75 / 75 / 65 / 65 / 50 | 380
Notable Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Knock Off, Recover, Stealth Rock, Encore, Taunt
Flavor Moves: Dig, Rock Blast
Height + Weight: same as sableye
Flavour/Design: sab be digging
Potential Competitive Role: some nfe shit

(evolve by using a nugget on it)
Name: Aurumine (Aurum + mine)
Typing:

Ability: Keen Eye / Good as Gold / Prankster
Base Stats: 75 / 100 / 100 / 65 / 85 / 70 | 520
Notable Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Knock Off, Recover, Stealth Rock, Encore, Taunt, Bulk Up, Iron Head
Signature Move: Iron Strike | Steel | Physical | 80 BP | 100% Acc | 15 PP | Target takes hazard damage.
Flavor Moves: Dig, Rock Blast
Height + Weight: taller and heavier than sab
Flavour/Design: sab be mining
Potential Competitive Role: ultimate spike stacking abuser.
Name: idk
Typing:

Ability: Chlorophyll / Poison Point / Solar Power
Base Stats: 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 50 / 30 | 260
Notable Moves: Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Weather Ball, Growth
Height + Weight: significantly less than grapplevine
Flavour/Design: grapevine
Potential Competitive Role: worst lc mon on team

(evolve upon leveling past 30 after getting hit by 5 punch moves)
Name: Grapplevine
Typing:

Ability: Chlorophyll / Anger Point / Punch Drunk (This Pokemon's fist moves have 1.3x power; takes 0.5x from fist moves and immune to Intimidate.)
Base Stats: 120 / 120 / 90 / 60 / 50 / 90 | 530
Notable Moves: Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Bulk Up, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Taunt, Growth, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch
Flavor Moves: Sludge Bomb, Cross Chop, Outrage, Thrash, Dynamic Punch, Teeter Dance
Height + Weight: 2m, 100kg
Flavour/Design: grapevine but it got hands
Potential Competitive Role: good scarfer or physical wallbreaker.
Name: Nervana
Typing:

Ability: Inner Focus / Synchronize / Clairvoyance (Attacks against targets who have a supereffective attack against this Pokemon move first in their priority bracket.)
Base Stats: 80 / 50 / 110 / 130 / 110 / 50 | 530
Notable Moves: Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Power Gem, Meteor Beam, Earth Power, Recover
Flavor Moves: Reflect, Light Screen, Healing Wish
Height + Weight: 1.5m, 50kg
Flavour/Design:
Potential Competitive Role: weirdmon. 7 weaknesses seems v bad but it has the ability to outspeed mons trying to exploit these weaknesses and make use of its wide coverage to hit supereffectively.

Last edited:

Original Species: Evolution of Ledian (Evolves after winning 5 battles with the Black Belt equipped)
Name: Lediund (Ledian + Underdog)
Typing:

Ability: Swarm/Huge Power/Iron Fist
Base Stats: 79/62/103/68/123/65 (BST: 500)
Notable Moves: Ledian Moveset + Close Combat, First Impression, X-Scissor, Darkest Lariat
Height + Weight: 1.5m, 38.5 kg
Flavour/Design: Ledian finally getting some love and unlocking its true potential. Think Ryu Street Fighter mixed with a Ledian.
Potential Competitive Role: huge power mon that quite frankly deserves it.

Name: Quillent (Quill + Rodent)
Typing:

Ability: Anticipation/Weak Armor
Base Stats: 50/50/65/30/50/40 (BST 285)
Notable Moves: Bulk Up, Facade, Headbutt, Iron Defense, Metal Claw, Play Rough, Quick Attack, Rapid Spin, Spikes, Toxic, U-Turn
Height + Weight: 0.3m, 2.1 kg
Flavour/Design: Porcupine, though quills have not fully formed for use yet.
Potential Competitive Role: Hazard Setter, Spinner, Pivot

Name: Orecupine (Ore + Porcupine)
Typing:

Ability: Iron Barbs/Shell Armor
Base Stats: 75/85/95/45/60/55 (BST 415)
Notable Moves: Bulk Up, Ceaseless Edge, Facade, Headbutt, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Play Rough, Quick Attack, Rapid Spin, Spikes, U-Turn
Height + Weight: 0.7m, 10 kg
Flavour/Design: Porcupine, quills are metallic.
Potential Competitive Role: Hazard Setter, Spinner, Pivot, being annoying with Ceaseless Edge for the sake of flavor ig.

Original Species: Varoom (Regional Variant)
Name: Varoom-Desvega
Typing:

Ability: Motor Drive/Dazzling
Base Stats: 45/60/55/45/30/65 (BST 300)
Notable Moves: Varoom's Moveset minus Poison-type moves + Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Rapid Spin
Height + Weight: Same as base
Flavour/Design: A little RC Car/drone-type thing based on a fancy car.
Potential Competitive Role: Hazard Clearer

Original Species: Revavroom (Regional Variant)
Name: Revavroom-Desvega
Typing:

Ability: Motor Drive/Dazzling
Base Stats: 70/100/85/70/70/105 (BST 500)
Notable Moves: Revavroom's moveset minus Poison-type moves + Magic Spin, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Moonblast, Rapid Spin
Height + Weight: 2.3m, 170 kg
New Features: Magic Spin | Fairy | Physical | 95 BP | 10 BP | 10% chance of confusion. A nerfed Magical Torque basically.
Flavour/Design: Limousine. Often owned by the elite as a sign of status.
Potential Competitive Role: Hazard Clearer.

Last edited:
WIP
Name: Poppilar (Poppy + Popular)
Typing: Grass
Abilities: Chlorophyl / Solar Power / Good As Gold
Base Stats: 45 / 30 / 40 / 65 / 40 / 20 (240 BST)
Height + Weight: 0.3 m + 1.9 kg
Flavor/Design: Based on poppy seeds.

Name: Poptimist (Poppy + Optimist)
Typing: Grass
Abilities: Flower Veil / Solar Power / Good As Gold
Base Stats: 95 / 75 / 85 / 115 / 85 / 30 (485 BST)
Notable Moves: Growth, Leaf Storm, Dazzling Gleam, Earth Power, Solar Beam, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Pollen Puff, Psyshock, Synthesis, Sludge Bomb, Weather Ball, Sunny Day, Trick Room, Leech Seed.
Height + Weight: 1.0 m / 9.5 kg
Flavour/Design: Based on the California Sunlight/Cup Of Gold, the official state flower of California.
Potential Competitive Role: Trick Room user, status blocker.
Name: Desertoise (Desert Tortoise)
Typing: Ground
Abilities: Solid Rock / Sand Stream / Shell Armor
Base Stats: 70 / 65 / 130 / 105 / 80 / 20 (470 BST)
Notable Moves: Earth Power, Scorching Sand, Sandblast*, Body Press, Gyro Ball, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Ancient Power, Power Gem, Shore Up, Clear Smog, Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock
Height & Weight: 0.6 m & 100.6 kg
Flavour: Based on the Desert Tortoise, think a sandy Torkoal.
Sandblast: Ground-type Eruption that also partially traps the opponents if the user moves first.
Name: Elgyem-Desvega
Type: Bug
Abilities: Telepathy / Tinted Lens / Adaptability
Base Stats: 55 / 85 / 55 / 30 / 55 / 55 (335)
Height & Weight:
Flavour/Design: Elgyem were experimented on by Desvegan researchers to access their homeworld. This forced their mental capabilities into atrophy as their physical strength was improved to eventually escape. Elegym with Beeheeyem colors and fly-like eyes.

Name: Yuaftoh (...UFO)
Type: Bug/Dark
Abilities: Telepathy / Levitate / Adaptability
Base Stats: 75 / 125 / 75 / 40 / 75 / 95 (485)
Notable Moves: Psyshock, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Leech Life, Megahorn, Phantom Force, Knock Off, Acid Spray, Double-Edge.
Height & Weight: 2.0 m & 51.0 kg
Flavour/Design: I included the line because Area 51 is near Nevada, and so here's a Beeheeyem who is also a mix between the Xenomorph and a Transformer.

Last edited:
Typing: Fairy/Ground
Stats: 100/80/105/40/75/90
Abilities: Thick Fat/Pixelate (Sap Sipper)
Movepool: Body Slam, Earthquake, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Milk Drink, Play Rough, Zen Headbutt, Heart Stamp, Rock Slide, Rapid Spin
Weight: 166.4lbs
Flavor: A more midwestern cattle. An on the range sort, almost magical with its milk

Gameplay: Ground/Fairy is a coveted type and all the abilities have value. Do you ignore grasses or do you resist fire/ice? Or perhaps you want to Spin unblocked by anyone. Compared to regular miltank you're slower and have no form of hand based moves or Thunder Wave but you can lay hazards and switch in more easily on dragons.

Hotrolly
Type:
Fire/Steel
Stats: 67/40/73/80/90/55 (415)
Abilities: Motor Drive (Bulletproof)
Movepool: Spin Out, Overhear, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Scorching Sands WoW, Spikes, Recover, Clear Smog, Scald, Stealth Rock, Yawn, Haze, Recover
Breeding: Mineral/Monster
Flavor: Baby Trolley in San Fran. Prone to overheating
Gameplay: Baby Heatranish. The stats aren't as good, and electric immunity vs fire probably not as vital

Melttro
Type:
Fire/Steel
Stats: 87/50/88/100/115/65 (505)
Abilities: Motor Drive (Bulletproof)
Movepool: Spin Out, Overhear, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Scorching Sands WoW, Spikes, Recover, Clear Smog, Scald, Stealth Rock, Yawn, Haze, Recover
Breeding: Mineral/Monster
Flavor: Trolleys evolve into metro. Still too hot to touch.
Gameplay: Still a lite heatran. Lacks the staple mon's punch. The only thing it has over Tran is recover which is big, but its stats are all less than Tran's in every category! You can instead Bulletproof to ignore Focus Blast and Shadow Ball. Being able to wall any special ghosts who use Focus Blast as coverage is a big deal.

Mareep is unchanged! It's too GOATed, despite being sheep.

Lambshade
Type:
Electric/Dark
Evolves From: Mareep in this region following same methods as before
Ability: Fluffy, Minus (HA)
Notable Moves: Mareep's +Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Nasty Plot, Body Press
Stats: 70/60/55/65/65/50 (365)
Design: The mareep here get fluffy AF. But the fur is dark and the black sheep are everywhere!
Competitive Use: This fluffy sheep with black fur and budding ram horns has the crime of having Flaafy's stat spread. Let's evolve it.

Blaksheer
Evolves From:
Lambshade at lvl 30.
Notable Moves over Lambshade: Mega Horn, Horn Leech, Parting Shot, Roar, Body Press
Stats: 105/90/80/95/85/55 (510)
Ability: Fluffy, Minus (HA)
Design: Big ram horned fluffy sheep! Sheer often!
Competitive Use: A bit of a mixed attacker, the real boon is Fluffy. The curse is the slow speed but not slow enough to outslow on trickroom but it has its place probably in a lower tier.

Duvil

Type: Flying/Rock
Abilities: Spiral (Removes Hazards when brought in)/Sand Stream (Drizzle)
Stats: 42/40/70/90/55/43 (340)
Design: A baby dust storm swirling in the desert with a monstrous face.
Breeding: Mineral/Flying
Notable Moves: Power Gem, Meteor Beam, Hurricane, Rapid Spin, Clear Smog, Thunder, Surf, Earth Power, Heatwave, Weather Ball
Competitive Usage: Do I need to explain how this tornado baby can be two forms of weather control? No? Well it evolves. It doesnt get roost so its lifespan is on a timer compared to other sand and rain setters. In little cup will do rain or sand stiff

Tornasto
Type:
Flying/Rock
Abilities: Spiral (Removes Hazards when brought in)/Sand Stream (Drizzle)
Stats: 72/60/90/115/75/53 (465)
Design: A nasty tornado that flies across the great plains. Its migration barely reaches from the tornado alley to the east but some migrate here. They are birds despite their funnel look after all!
Notable Moves: Power Gem, Meteor Beam, Hurricane, Rapid Spin, Clear Smog, Thunder, Surf, Earth Power, Heatwave, Weather Ball
Competitive Usage: Do I need to explain how this tornado baby can be two forms of weather control? No? Well it evolves. It doesnt get roost so its lifespan is on a timer compared to other sand and rain setters. Keep in mind its got a 465 BST so its power literally hinges on its ability to keep switching in.

Nasek
Type:
Ground/Electric
Abilities: Intimidate/Grass Rider (Doubles Speed in Grass terrain and prevents its ground moves from being mitigated by abilities and terrain) (Surge Surfer)
Breeding: Dragon/Grass
Stats: Same as Ekans
Design: A desert snake on the plains and desert. Hunts with electro vibrations.
Notable Moves: Coil, Power Whip, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Gunk Blast, Iron Tail, Dragon Tail, Glare, Thunder Wave, Wild Charge, Thunder, Giga Drain, Bite, Crunch, Horn Leech, Wrap, Spikes, Toxic
Competitive Usage: Not much really. It's a convergent Ekans! Use in terrains if you use at all.

Rabko
Type:
Ground/Electric
Abilities: Intimidate/Grass Rider (Doubles Speed in Grass terrain and prevents its ground moves from being mitigated by abilities and terrain) (Surge Surfer)
Stats: Same as Arbok
Design: A desert snake on the plains and desert. Uses rattle for static sparks!
Notable Moves: Coil, Power Whip, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Gunk Blast, Iron Tail, Dragon Tail, Glare, Thunder Wave, Wild Charge, Thunder, Giga Drain, Bite, Crunch, Horn Leech, Wrap, Spikes, Toxic
Competitive Usage: Not much really. It's a convergent Arbok! Use in terrains if you use at all.

But wait! This evolves! Use Thunderstone!

Thopyn
Abilities:
Intimidate/Grass Rider (Doubles Speed in Grass terrain and prevents its ground moves from being mitigated by abilities and terrain) (Surge Surfer)
Stats: 75/110/79/70/94/95 (523)
Design: A desert snake on the plains and desert. Has a scary fan AND the rattle tail!

If you ever liked the concept of Arbok but not PU then here you go. It lacks its access to Shed Skin sadly and Sucker Punch but its got other perks.

Last edited:
Name: Prongeny (pronghorn + progeny)
Typing:

Ability: Run Away / Reckless / Sap Sipper (HA)
Base Stats: 40 HP / 55 Atk / 30 Def / 55 SpA / 35 SpD / 85 Spe (300 BST)
Notable Moves: Bolt Jolt*, Wild Charge, Zing Zap, Volt Switch, U-turn, Jump Kick, Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Zen Headbutt, Play Rough, Thunder Wave, Bounce
Height + Weight: 0.6m / 20kg
Flavour/Design: Prongeny are small and weak-looking but very fast creatures. They use their speed to avoid predatory Pokemon like Luxray, but sometimes they run so quickly they trip over themselves. Prongeny are capable of keeping up with the adult Prairiehorn, who they stay with for protection and care. Prongeny is a young pronghorn with two small nubs where its horns will grow out from. It is mostly dark brown with a yellow, black, and white lightning bolt pattern going down its sides, and a black mask that goes up to its horns.
Potential Competitive Role: LC Fast Swords Dance or Bulk Up sweeper/cleaner, offensive pivot.

Name: Prairiehorn (prairie + (prong)horn)
Typing:

Ability: Motor Drive / Reckless / Sap Sipper (HA)
Base Stats: 65 HP / 90 Atk / 60 Def / 80 SpA / 65 SpD / 135 Spe (495 BST)
Notable Moves: Bolt Jolt*, Wild Charge, Zing Zap, Volt Switch, U-turn, Close Combat, Jump Kick, Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Horn Leech, Zen Headbutt, Play Rough, Megahorn, Thunder Wave, Bounce, Smart Strike
Height + Weight: 1.2m / 50kg
Flavour/Design: Prairiehorn is one of the fastest known land Pokemon, said to be as fast as lightning bolts. With a natural instinct to race other fast Pokemon, Prairiehorn can sometimes be seen running alongside Pokemon like Zebstrika and Rapidash in grassland habitats. They lightning-shaped horns crackle with electricity when excited, or when chasing predators aways from their young Prongeny. Prairiehorn is a full grown pronghorn with two lightning bolt shaped horns on its head and a similar coloration to its prevo except with more lightning bolt patterns.
Potential Competitive Role: Fast Swords Dance or Bulk Up sweeper/cleaner, revenge killer with natural speed, Choice Band/Scarf, and STAB priority, offensive pivot with U-turn/Volt Switch. Very frail especially if it runs Reckless Wild Charge + Jump Kick, other abilities give it different immunities.
Name: Bolt Jolt
Type:

Category:

Base Points: 40 BP
Power Points: 32 PP
Accuracy: 100%
Miscellaneous: makes contact
Effect: +1 priority
Distribution: Prongeny line, Pichat line, Pichu line and Pikaclones, Jolteon, Shinx line, Yamper line, Zapdos, Raikou, Thundurus, for balance reasons maybe avoid giving it to Tapu Koko, Zeraora, Regieleki

Name: Junipage (juniper + sage)
Typing:

Ability: Natural Cure / Own Tempo / Regenerator (HA)
Base Stats: 45 HP / 30 Atk / 50 Def / 50 SpA / 60 SpD / 35 Spe (270 BST)
Notable Moves: Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Aromatherapy, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Magic Powder, Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Trick Room, Synthesis, Growth, Leech Seed, Shadow Ball
Height + Weight: 0.3m / 7kg
Flavour/Design: Junipage is a small, quiet Pokemon with a round body that prefers to rest among tree branches and bushes. Sometimes mistaken for an Oran Berry, they spray a bitter, greyish dust at anyone who tries to pick them up. This dust not only temporarily blinds their target but also confuses them and can cause short-term memory loss. Junipage dust is currently being researched for potential use in medicines to treat achy muscles as well as anxiety. Based on juniper berries, Junipage has a round, bluish berry-like body shaped like Smoliv or Sunkern with a short stem and small leaves on top.
Potential Competitive Role: LC Decently bulky with Eviolite, Regenerator picot, has Sleep Powder and Aromatherapy for team support

Name: Salviage (salve + sage)
Typing:

Base Stats: 65 HP / 45 Atk / 65 Def / 70 SpA / 90 SpD / 45 Spe (380 BST)
Notable Moves: Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Aromatherapy, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Magic Powder, Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Trick Room, Synthesis, Growth, Leech Seed, Shadow Ball, Future Sight, Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam, Teleport
Height + Weight: 0.6m / 13kg
Flavour/Design: Salviage is often sought after for its leaves, which are highly prized for making medicinal mixtures. Salviage leaf tea is known for its calming, restorative effects. The leaves can also be ground into a paste to make healing poultices for injuries. Unlike Junipage, Salviage has control over whether its grey dust affects others, which it appears to control psychically. Based on white sage plants of the Salvia genus, Salviage has a greyish green stem with two arms that end in leaves. Leaves on its head and face give the appearance of a veil.
Potential Competitive Role: NFE Slow RegenPort pivot, has Sleep Powder, Aromatherapy, Future Sight

Name: Eversage (forever + sage)
Typing:

Base Stats: 95 HP / 55 Atk / 85 Def / 100 SpA / 120 SpD / 55 Spe (510 BST)
Notable Moves: Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Aromatherapy, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Magic Powder, Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Trick Room, Synthesis, Growth, Leech Seed, Shadow Ball, Future Sight, Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam, Flash Cannon, Earth Power, Teleport
Height + Weight: 2m / 80kg
Flavour/Design: Eversage are said to be among the oldest ever living Pokemon, and as such, they are considered extremely wise. They have a calm disposition that seems to have a calming effect on nearby people and Pokemon; anyone near an Eversage loses any desire to fight and has their anxieties calmed. For this reason, Eversage are often recruited for their presence in stressful places like hospitals, schools, and workplaces, as well as in temples and places where people meditate or worship. Wild Eversage are rather rare, but they are frequently found in the company of Pokemon like Oranguru, Medicham, and Arboliva. Their leaves can be used to make an herbal calming tea. Based on bristlecone pines, the longest living known tree species, Eversage has a pale grey-blue trunk covered with leaves that form a robe, and two branches as arms that are often held low. Leaves on its calm face give the appearance of a wise man's beard and bushy eyebrows.
Potential Competitive Role: Slow RegenPort defensive pivot, has Sleep Powder to put things to sleep, Aromatherapy, Future Sight, can set Trick Room for itself/teammates

Last edited:
FINALLY I CAN SUBMIT THIS PAIR!
Name: Hierrazona (Hierro + Arizona)
Counterpart(s): Tejautlaw
Typing:

Ability: Quick Draw/Skill Link
Base Stats: 85 / 110 / 80 / 60 / 65 / 121 (521)
Notable Moves: Mach Punch, Pursuit, Sheriff Shot, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, Fan The Hammer, Iron Head, Bullet Punch, Superpower, Extreme Speed, Swords Dance
Height + Weight: 1.68m / 60kg
New Features:
Sheriff Shot: A 95 Physical Power fighting type move that has a 50% chance of raising the user's attack. Bullet Attack
Fan The Hammer: a 25 power physical steel type move that can hit anywhere from 2 to 5 times. Bullet Attack
Flavour/Design: This will have its own entry.
Potential Competitive Role: Honestly the idea behind this is to try and be a revenge killer of sorts given its speed stat and access to priority moves. Quick Draw is more for a flavor ability while Skill Link is the more competitive oriented one.

Name: Tejautlaw (Tejas + Outlaw)
Counterpart(s): Hierrazona
Typing:

Ability: Moxie/Intimidate
Base Stats: 90 / 119 / 75 / 60 / 75 / 101 (520)
Notable Moves: Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Bandit Blast, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, Fan The Hammer, Iron Head, Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Outrage, Foul Play, Lash Out, Low Kick, Rock Slide
Height + Weight: 1.68m / 60kg
New Features:
Bandit Blast: A 95 Physical Power Dark type move that has a 50% chance of lowering the target's defense. Bullet Attack
Fan The Hammer: a 25 power physical steel type move that can hit anywhere from 2 to 5 times. Bullet Attack
Flavour/Design: This will have its own entry.
Potential Competitive Role:Tejautlaw is more of a physical scarfer than anything else.

Alright so aside from the fact that they're based on heroes and villains from westerns in general there's one very specific source for their flavor.
To the uninitiated this is Big Iron by Marty Robins. It tells the story of the Arizona Ranger and Texas Red, a heroic gun man versus the outlaw of the wild west. There's small bits of flavor I took from the song like how Hierrazona has a bst of 521 while Tejautlaw has a bst of 520 to represent how the Arizona Ranger is the 21st gunman Texas Red had to face, Hierrazona having a higher speed, priority moves, and quick draw to emphasize the swiftness of the ranger, or how Tejautlaw has an attack stat of 119 because of the lyric that goes "one and nineteen more" in regards to how many people he killed. However this begs the question as to why I used this song and not base it on a Clint Eastwood film or something.

The first reason is that a Clint Eastwood-esque gunman would have been more at home in Paldea or an Italian region as a nod to spaghetti westerns and the second reason is because of FALLOUT NEW VEGAS! THAT'S RIGHT THIS WAS FALLOUT REFERENCE ALL ALONG! In the game the song itself is bugged to play twice as often as any other song and is the only song that can play back to back with itself. This means you will hear Big Iron more often than any other song in the game.

Anyway here's something depressing
Name: Desvegan Teddiursa
Counterpart(s):
Typing:

Ability: Pickup/Quick Feet/Cursed Body
Base Stats: 60 / 80 / 50 / 50 / 50 / 40 (330)
Notable Moves: I'm not gonna list em for this stage
Height + Weight: the same
New Features:
Flavour/Design: The California grizzly bear
Potential Competitive Role: I know jack shit about LC.

Name: Desvegan Ursaring
Counterpart(s):
Typing:

Ability: Guts/Quick Feet/Cursed Body
Base Stats: 90 / 130 / 80 / 70 / 80 / 50 (500)
Notable Moves: Lament, Shadow Claw, Poltergeist, Façade, Crunch, Psychic Fang, Play Rough, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Close Combat
New Features: Lament: A ghost type clone of strength sap
Flavour/Design: The California grizzly bear
Potential Competitive Role: Bulky Physical Ghost Type that can use eviolite or Guts

Name: Grizztriol (Grizzly + Vitriol)
Counterpart(s):
Typing:

Ability: Guts/Strong Jaw/Poison Heal
Base Stats: 130 / 140 / 105 / 40 / 85 / 50 (550)
Notable Moves: Ghostly Jaws, Lament, Shadow Claw, Poltergeist, Façade, Crunch, Psychic Fang, Play Rough, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Close Combat
Height + Weight:
New Features: Lament: A ghost type clone of strength sap
Ghostly Jaws: A ghost type bonemerang clone that is also a biting move.
Flavour/Design: Alright so before I just listed the California grizzly bear as the flavor and the same still applies here, however shitty fact about this bear, it's fucking extinct. We killed all the California grizzly bears hence why the line is ghost type. As for Grizztriol we have a vengeful spirit possessing its former body, or possibly another body of a Desvegan Ursaring. However it appears to have two heads, the physical head and the ghostly head. If you are wondering why well ...

1688603348117.png

Yes this was another lead up to another fucking Fallout reference
Potential Competitive Role: Ursaluna but dead.

Name: Desvegan Gimmighoul
Counterpart(s):
Typing:

Ability: Panning
Base Stats: The Same
Notable Moves: It has the same moves as regular Gimmighoul + Ancient Power
New Features: Panning: When this pokemon gets hit by a water move it takes no damage and increases the amount of money received at the end of the battle
Flavour/Design: Panning for gold for the "Pan" form that you battle with. The collectable desvegan gimmighouls now give out small nuggets instead of coins.
Potential Competitive Role: I know jack shit about LC.

Name: Prospectre
Counterpart(s):
Typing:

Ability: Gold Rush
Base Stats: 87 / 133 / 95 / 60 / 94 / 81 (550)
Notable Moves: Poltergeist, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock, Striking Gold, Iron Head, Heavy Slam, Power Gem, Superpower, Earthquake, Wild Charge, Thunder Wave, Swords Dance
Height + Weight: the same as Gholdengo
New Features: Gold Rush: Gives double speed to the user in any weather or terrain
condition, it does not stack.
Striking Gold: A physical rock type Make It Rain clone, lowers attack by one stage instead of special attack.
Flavour/Design: It's a prospector made out of all the gold nuggets you've collected.
Potential Competitive Role: It's a weather/terrain sweeper for literally every weather and terrain. That said it's probably gonna be doing its best work in sand.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Non-counterparts
Poppy seeds + poppy flower + flower fairies illustrations
Name: Seeppy (Seed + poppy)
Typing:

Abilities: Serene Grace / Insomnia | Misty Surge
Base Stats: 50 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def / 70 SpA / 50 SpD / 70 Spe (300 BST)
Notable Moves: Giga Drain, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Leech Seed, Synthesis, Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Surf, Whirlwind
Height + Weight: 0.5 meters | 3 kilograms
Flavour/Design: Orange poppy flower, with the head as the body and the stem as it’s tail. Additional petals are sprouting behind it’s head, shaping like sharp, curved fairy wings. Seeppy is known for their serene floating, searching for fine berries that give it’s petal a more lively color.
Potential Competitive Role: LC-wise, it’s a set-up sweeper with Calm Mind and Misty Surge support.
Evolution: Poppely (Level 21 or higher)

Name: Poppely (Poppy + lovely)
Typing:

Abilities: Serene Grace / Insomnia | Misty Surge
Base Stats: 60 HP / 60 Atk / 55 Def / 110 SpA / 75 SpD / 110 Spe (470 BST)
Notable Moves: Giga Drain, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Leech Seed, Synthesis, Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Surf, Whirlwind, Misty Explosion, Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb
Height + Weight: 0.9 meters | 7.7 kilograms
Flavour/Design: A bouquet of Seeppy surrounding the larger flower head known as Poppely that evolved from a Seeppy. Looking perpetually dormant, it will become active if it senses any of it’s surrounding Seeppy in danger, releasing mystifying mist at the attacker. The body of Poppely is an upside down flower with two layer of petals, shaped like a crown.
In-Game Theory: This Pokémon introduces two particular Abilites in how they work; Serene Grace doubles the chance of any secondary effect, while Insomnia prevents the Pokémon from falling asleep. This proves useful for either getting much needed secondary effect, or to deal with annoying sleep-spamming opposing teams. Once evolved, Poppely can be given an Ability Patch to make the most of Misty Surge, including the boosted Misty Explosion if needed in an emergency.
Potential Competitive Role: Misty Surge user that stood out by being faster than both Galarian Wheezing and Tapu Fini and a higher base Special Attack, but is far less bulkier in comparison.
Cone snail + psychadelic patterns + rods
Name: Sneek (Snail + eek)
Typing:

Abilities: Poison Point / Lightning Rod | Filter
Base Stats: 64 HP / 25 Atk / 100 Def / 55 SpA / 65 SpD / 20 Spe (329 BST)
Notable Moves: Toxic, Psychic, Psyshock, Baneful Bunker, Venoshock, Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Thinder Wave, Volt Switch, Giga Drain, Trick Room, Shelter, Body Press, Recover
Height + Weight: 0.4 meters | 0.7 kilograms
Flavour/Design: A pink snail with colorful red and green shadow under it’s eyes, and a psychadelic shell with strange patterns. Their rods have multiple purposss, with the ability to store both electricity and venom, especially the latter, to fend off a variety of predators.
Potential Competitive Role: Physical LC wall that doubly resist Figthing.
Evolution: Snychalic (Eat a total of twenty Berries)

Name: Snychalic (Snail + corruption of “psychadelic”)
Typing:

Abilities: Poison Point / Lightning Rod | Filter
Base Stats: 74 HP / 65 Atk / 150 Def / 105 SpA / 80 SpD / 25 Spe (499 BST)
Notable Moves: Toxic, Psychic, Psyshock, Baneful Bunker, Venoshock, Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Thinder Wave, Volt Switch, Giga Drain, Trick Room, Thunder, Earth Power, Shelter, Body Press, Recover
Height + Weight: 1.5 meters | 264.3 kilograms
Flavour/Design: With a much heavier shell, Snychadelic is able to withstand blunt hits much better, but the poison is also more virulent, to the point that even their own trainer isn’t safe from the poison Snychalic sprays their venom aimlessly. If their psychic and poison power fails, they will resort into bashing their opponent with their own shell.
In-Game Theory: The Sneek line will serve as a Pokémon that don’t need to go fast to prove their worth. While downright slow, it is very solid on the physical side, allowing it to tank physical hits against opposing Pokémon that would be very difficult to outspeed. It also have natural access to Trick Room which, while niche in Singles, comes in very handy in Doubles-oriented battles.
Potential Competitive Role: While competing with Galarian Slowking due to the latter’s better special bulk and access to Regenerator, Snychalic have much better physical bulk and access of Filter to resist super effective much better. In Doubles, it can make use of Lightning Rod with an Electric-vulnerable ally, or with a Discharge-spamming ally, and can pivot out of danger with Volt Switch once it set up Trick Room.
Burlimp line (by StarFalcon555) + Frankenstein’s monster
Original Pokémon: Burlimp, from Brazdo region
Name: Desvegan Birlimp
Typing:

Abilities: Pickup / Klutz | Electric Surge
Base Stats: 35 HP / 55 Atk / 35 Def / 35 SpA / 55 SpD / 40 Spe (255 BST)
Notable Moves: Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Thunder Punch, Sparking Leap*, Fire Punch, Iron Head, Bulk Up, Wild Charge, Ice Punch, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch
Height + Weight: 0.7 meters | 13.2 kilograms
Flavour/Design: Burlimp took a more creepy-looking appearance after adapting to the more industrial Desvega by absorbing electricity over time. Their eyes glow red when angered, and blue when saddened.
Potential Competitive Role: The LC Electric Surge setter. Not much going on for it otherwise, though Electric-boosted STAB sill certainly hurt.
Evolution: Desvegan Goblysack (Level 24 or higher)

Original Pokémon: Goblysack, from Brazdo region
Name: Desvegan Goblysack
Typing:

Abilities: Pickup / Klutz | Electric Surge
Base Stats: 65 HP / 80 Atk / 55 Def / 55 SpA / 80 SpD / 55 Spe (390 BST)
Notable Moves: Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Thunder Punch, Sparking Leap*, Fire Punch, Iron Head, Bulk Up, Wild Charge, Ice Punch, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Taunt, Iron Head, Smart Strike
Height + Weight: 1.2 meters | 26.7 kilograms
Flavour/Design: By placing metallic plates on some of it’s body, Desvegan Goblysack can conduct it’s electricity power with more accuracy than before. The “stitch” like metal plates are all over it’s body, resembling it to a certain fictional mad scientist’s most well known creation.
Potential Competitive Role: Stats too low to make use off in NFE-only formats, even with Electric Surge in mind.
Evolution: Desvegan Storgre (Thunder Stone)

Original Pokémon: Storgre, from Brazdo region
Name: Desvegan Storgre
Typing:

Abilities: Pickup / Steelworker | Electric Surge
Base Stats: 85 HP / 110 Atk / 70 Def / 70 SpA / 110 SpD / 60 Spe (505 BST)
Notable Moves: Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Thunder Punch, Sparking Leap*, Fire Punch, Iron Head, Bulk Up, Wild Charge, Ice Punch, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Taunt, Iron Head, Smart Strike, Bullet Punch, Earthquake, Stomping Tantrum, Heavy Slam
Height + Weight: 1.9 meters | 525.5 kilograms
Flavour/Design: With many metal plates covering it, Desvegan Storgre is more sluggish compared to their origijal species, but are able to conduct electricity almost everywhere, to the point where a few were able to summon more electricity just by existing. It prefers cities as there are plenty of electricity that Desvegan Storgre can mess with.
Returning Loria Feature: Sparking Leap (80 BP, Electric, Physical, 10 PP, contact, high crit rate)
In-Game Theory: One of the few physically strong but specially bulky Pokémon potentially available in Desvega region, the Desvegan Birlimp line have the rare Ghost / Electric type that, among official Pokémon, only base Rotom have it. Once fully evolved, Desvegan Storgre gives a triple STAB with Steelworker, or, if an Ability Patch is obtained, the access of the evasive Electric Surge.
Potential Competitive Role: With access of Electric Surge, Desvegan Storgre have a pretty powerful Sparking Leap STAB, alongside access of Poltergeist or Shadow Sneak as Ghost-type STAB. If running Steelworker instead, it dan run dual priority of Shadow Sneak and Bullet Punch.
Counterparts + Cross-Gen
:unknown: > :zangoose: > :unknown:
Mongoose, with traits of the giant foosa in Undangoose’s case
Original Pokémon: Zangoose (new pre-evolution)
Name: Angroa (Angry + growl / groan)
Typing:

Abilities: Immunity | Toxic Boost
Base Stats: 63 HP / 95 Atk / 50 Def / 50 SpA / 50 SpD / 70 Spe (378 BST)
Notable Moves: Zangoose’s learnset, minus Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Close Combat, Final Gambit, Belly Drum, Flail
Height + Weight: 0.6 meters | 22.2 kilograms
Flavour/Design: Instead of red stripes, Angroa have black stripes on some of it’s fur, implying that it haven’t fought any of the Seviper line’s member yet. Always up to a fight, it will take on any Poison-type, especially a Vipierce.
Potential Competitive Role: A combination of very high Attack by LC standards and 70 Speed allows Angroa to leave more than a mark in LC, however it will be worn down quickly by Toxic damage. Quick Attack allows it to revenge kill reliably.
Evolution: Zangoose (Use Scratch for a total of 15 times.)

Original Pokémon: Zangoose (new evolution; level up with Violent DNA held)
Name: Undangoose (Underground / undignifying + danger + mongoose)
Typing:

Abilities: Immunity | Poison Heal
Base Stats: 83 HP / 120 Atk / 75 Def / 90 SpA / 100 SpD / 70 Spe (538 BST)
Notable Moves: Zangoose’s learnset, plus Crunch, Outrage, Jaw Lock, Cross Chop, Sky Uppercut, Submission, Wake-Up Slap, Arm Thrust
Height + Weight: 2.2 meters | 70.1 kilograms
Flavour/Design: The black fur that were around when it were an Angroa have resurfaced, replacing all the white fur it used to have as a Zangoose. Even more violent than before evolution, Undangoose develops punching and kicking further in order to break Vipyrany’s steel-solid scales, combined with it’s sharpened red claws that can cut a car in half. Even the other Zangoose feels unsafe with the brutal Undangoose around.
In-Game Theory: By becoming a full evolutionary line, Zangoose can be obtained much earlier by capturing it’s new pre-evolution, Angroa, and then evolve the baby. Zangoose can even evolve further into Undangoose, boasting higher Attack, better special bulk and Fighting-type STAB. Undangoose loses Toxic Boost in favor of Poison Heal, which means Zangoose still have a niche of stronger Attack overall at cost of survivability.
Potential Competitive Role: Unlike Zangoose, Undangoose doesn’t have Toxic Boost (it originally does, but it would prove OP if Ursaluna + Guts is anything to go by) but instead have Poison Heal, making it more akin to a stallbreaker die to lower Speed. It makes up for it with Fighting-type STAB, better Special bulk, and overall better survivability.
:unknown: > :seviper: > :unknown:
Viper, with traits of the eastern dragon and limbed skinks in Vipyrany’s case
Original Pokémon: Seviper (new pre-evolution)
Name: Vipierce (Viper + pierce)
Typing:

Abilities: Shed Skin | Infiltrator
Base Stats: 63 HP / 70 Atk / 50 Def / 70 SpA / 50 SpD / 65 Spe (378 BST)
Notable Moves: Seviper’s learnset, minus Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Screech, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Haze
Height + Weight: 1.2 meters | 38.9 kilograms
Flavour/Design: Basically, a baby Seviper with shorter scythe-like tail and lighter colored scales. Even at youth, Vipierce is a vivid hunter, attacking any Normal-type Pokémon in sight, particularly an Angroa.
Potential Competitive Role: It sadly might not have a niche as it shares the problem of both low Defense and Special Defense and average Speed. Though having all-round decent stats in comparison to the other LC mons may help it being a glue mon due to access of Coil.
Evolution: Seviper (Use Poison Fang for a total of 15 times.)

Original Pokémon: Seviper (new evolution; level up with Violent DNA held)
Name: Vipyrany (Viper + Tyrany)
Typing:

Abilities: Magic Guard | Infiltrator
Base Stats: 83 HP / 100 Atk / 90 Def / 125 SpA / 75 SpD / 60 Spe (538 BST)
Notable Moves: Zangoose’s learnset, plus Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Steel Beam, Dragon Claw, Outrage, Metal Claw, Heavy Slam
Height + Weight: 3.8 meters | 700.5 kilograms
Flavour/Design: Vipyrany’s metallic whitened scales, which is said to have mysterious, aethereal properties, were a result of Seviper’s hatred toward Zangoose hitting fever pitch. This allows Vipyrany to reflect light into opponents before finishing them off with a vicious Poison Tail. Even the other Seviper feels weary when a Vipyrany is nearby.
In-Game Theory: Similarly to the expanded Zangoose line, Seviper can now be obtained much earlier in Desvega by obtaining their baby counterpart. Seviper itself become more useful by evolving into Vipyrany, allowing it to keep up the higher power level at lategame thanks to it’s Steel-type, improved physical bulk, increased coverage, including the BoltBeam coverage, and improved Special Attack.
Potential Competitive Role: Vipyrany is the Steel Beam spammer thanks to Magic Guard. In more seriousness, Magic Guard in general allows Vipyrany to switch into most hazards without ill effects and screw over any means of passive damage. Even if Garganacl returns, that one would not want to stay in Vipyrany’s face due to Salt Cure being useless against the iron snake and being weak to Steel Beam’s Steel-type.

Last edited:
Bitches love resubbing Loria rejects. It’s me I’m bitches.
:bw/vanilluxe::tropius::cherubi:
Evolution Line: Vanillite —> Vanillish —> Desvegan Vanilluxe (Level 47)
Counterpart(s): Vanilluxe
Typing: Ice/Grass
Abilities: Heatproof, Slush Rush, Chlorophyll
Base Stats: 75 HP / 75 Atk / 90 Def / 110 SpA / 100 SpD / 85 Spe (535 BST)
Height: 3’11
Weight: 270 lbs
Notable Moves: Blizzard/Ice Beam, Solar Beam/Energy Ball, Scorching Sands, Toxic, Taunt, Ice Shard
Removed Moves (exclusive to Vanilluxe): Aurora Veil, Freeze Dry
Flavor/Design: One face, one vanillite sized scoop on either side, wide cone that holds all three “heads” and a big ol’ banana on either side. A cherry on top instead of a straw. This Vanillish line learned to fight the heat with heat resistant fruit native to the Loria region.
Potential Competitive Role: Special Wallbreaker, Sun Abuser, Hail Abuser
Justification: Mons that abuse multiple weather conditions are funny to me, the world needs more Heliolisks. Anyway, it never actually gets cold in Florida, but that means we like ice cream year round, it can get real damn hot in the American southwest, and in my visits to SoCal ice cream has always been a staple, and a banana split’s just as good as anything else you can get!

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Due to slow activity, I will announce a 48 hours warning. Be sure to complete your WIP submissions by then.

Here are the submissions that might require slight adjustments;

Original Species: Evolution of Ledian (Evolves after winning 5 battles with the Black Belt equipped)
Name: Lediund (Ledian + Underdog)
Typing:

Ability: Swarm/Huge Power/Iron Fist
Base Stats: 75/60/95/65/130/100 (BST: 525)
Notable Moves: Ledian Moveset + Close Combat, First Impression, X-Scissor, Darkest Lariat
Height + Weight: 1.5m, 38.5 kg
Flavour/Design: Ledian finally getting some love and unlocking its true potential. Think Ryu Street Fighter mixed with a Ledian.
Potential Competitive Role: huge power mon that quite frankly deserves it.
Huge Power on a base 100 Speed Pokémon with decent bulk feels pretty nuts, even for a Ledian evolution. Not sure about how to salvage it without reducing it’s Speed to quite low level; if you won’t mind that, go on. Otherwise, you may want to replace Huge Power and adjust stats to make it’s Attack usable.

Name: Yuaftoh (...UFO)
Type: Bug/Dark
Abilities: Telepathy / Levitate / Adaptability
Base Stats: 75 / 125 / 75 / 40 / 75 / 95 (485)
Notable Moves: Psyshock, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Leech Life, Megahorn, Phantom Force, Knock Off,
Height & Weight: 2.0 m & 51.0 kg
Flavour/Design: I included the line because Area 51 is near Nevada, and so here's a Beeheeyem who is also a mix between the Xenomorph and a Transformer.
Adaptability on something with high Speed and 125 Attack can make it go out of control offensively, especially since it have Leef Life / Megahorn and Knock Off available. Replace that Ability for at least Yuaftoh by something less powerful.

On second thought, after a talk with some people in the Discord server both Bug and Dark can be resisted by Fairy (splashable type) alone, alongside Fighting. No need to modify then, you’re good.
Duvil
Type:
Flying/Rock
Abilities: Spiral (Removes Hazards when brought in)/Sandstorm (Drizzle)
Stats: 42/40/70/90/55/43 (340)
Design: A baby dust storm swirling in the desert with a monstrous face.
Notable Moves: Power Gem, Meteor Beam, Hurricane, Rapid Spin, Clear Smog, Thunder, Surf, Earth Power, Heatwave
Competitive Usage: Do I need to explain how this tornado baby can be two forms of weather control? No? Well it evolves. It doesnt get roost so its lifespan is on a timer compared to other sand and rain setters.

Tornasto
Type:
Flying/Rock
Abilities: Spiral (Removes Hazards when brought in)/Sandstorm (Drizzle)
Stats: 72/60/90/115/75/53 (465)
Design: A nasty tornado that flies across the great plains. Its migration barely reaches from the tornado alley to the east but some migrate here. They are birds despite their funnel look after all!
Notable Moves: Power Gem, Meteor Beam, Hurricane, Rapid Spin, Clear Smog, Thunder, Surf, Earth Power, Heatwave
Competitive Usage: Do I need to explain how this tornado baby can be two forms of weather control? No? Well it evolves. It doesnt get roost so its lifespan is on a timer compared to other sand and rain setters. Keep in mind its got a 465 BST so its power literally hinges on its ability to keep switching in.
Nothing wrong with this submission balance-wise but the sandstorm-summoning Ability is called Sand Stream, not Sandstorm.

Name: Bolt Jolt
Type:

Category:

Base Points: 40 BP
Power Points: 32 PP
Accuracy: 100%
Miscellaneous: makes contact
Effect: +1 priority, 20% chance to paralyze
Distribution: Prongeny line, Pichat line, Pichu line and Pikaclones, Jolteon, Shinx line, Yamper line, Zapdos, Raikou, Thundurus, for balance reasons maybe avoid giving it to Tapu Koko, Zeraora, Regieleki
20% chance to paralyze on something with +1 priority feels a little too cheeky. I rather it not have any chance of Paralysis. I’m fine you gave it to the Pichat line despite lacking Electric-type given that they only use very small electricity (and to give further illusion of a Pikachu mimic), though I def avoid giving this move for Zeraora and Regieleki so don’t worry regarding further distribution.

Everything else are A-OK. If any of my submissions looks concerning balancing-wise, please let me know ASAP.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)