Gallade (Lead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually tried out this lead and its very effective. But Jolly Gallade only has a 15.45% to 2HKO 252 HP/252 +Def Swampert which also can KO back after the Def drop with Earthquake barring min damage. Even the current spread on site (240/216) is barely 2HKOed. It shows in the OP that Gallade beats Pert but it actually doesnt.

I've been using this set since I started OU ( not a long time ago) and i've loved it. But I don't get how Heatran gets Stealth Rock when Gallade is faster and OHKOs with Close Combat unless Heatran outspeeds with a Choice Scarf, which means you are wasting the potentional of Heatran. In order to survive, it needs to either be running max HP, max Def, and a +Def nature, which i'm fairly sure no one ever runs, and even then it can be OHKOed (88.6% - 104.7%). So the only way Heatran can gurantee to set up Stealth Rock is to run either Chople Berry, which reduces it to 72.8% - 85.8%, which isin't much better. The final option is Focus Sash, but then your restricted to using it as a lead to make sure your Sash won't become a waste of an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)