Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to win my first doubles. Someone named "soon" in Singapore D/C as the ratings were sent.
...Coincidence, maybe?

Also, Green Thunder, how is King better then Bro? I've only used Slowbro, so I have no idea how they differentiate...

Yep, I know! I though he wouldn't D/C on me. Anyway, how many D/Cers are on rotation?
I have 217 wins in Singles, I have.. 4 in Rotations. I've played maybe 400 total Singles battles (61 losses, mind you; the rest were the opponent's D/C's), I've played maybe 30 Rotations. 30. Out of those 30, I've lost 0 and have been D/C'ed on 26 times. Maybe I'm just unlucky, or maybe it's gotten worse.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but...

Does anyone know if the following is true: "To provide reliable battle conditions for all, users who have frequent disconnections may be disqualified from GBU Rankings." Taken from: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/about/gbu-ranking/

I'm not very good, so I don't get into situations much where I make people ragequit, but it does seem like its gotten less frequent. Could it be that the frequent dc'ers are getting weeded out?

Yep, I know! I though he wouldn't D/C on me. Anyway, how many D/Cers are on rotation?
Hi Mew,

Yes, that was me. Your team of all Shinies and a Scarfed green Hydregion right?

but I didn't DC. I got blue screen during sending of result and I checked it was my Internet Outage at the very moment. I do apologize if I sadden your day.

Well, I cannot blame you for determind me D/C as it was really a D/C, but a non-intentional one.

I only have 1468 ratings - I gave ratings to others more than others didn't give me my win. I am pretty sure you will more even more ridiculous ragequiters.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but...

Does anyone know if the following is true: "To provide reliable battle conditions for all, users who have frequent disconnections may be disqualified from GBU Rankings." Taken from: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/about/gbu-ranking/

I'm not very good, so I don't get into situations much where I make people ragequit, but it does seem like its gotten less frequent. Could it be that the frequent dc'ers are getting weeded out?
That's been brought up several times, however, nobody knows if it's being implemented or not.

Hi Mew,

Yes, that was me. Your team of all Shinies and a Scarfed green Hydregion right?

but I didn't DC. I got blue screen during sending of result and I checked it was my Internet Outage at the very moment. I do apologize if I sadden your day.

Well, I cannot blame you for determind me D/C as it was really a D/C, but a non-intentional one.

I only have 1468 ratings - I gave ratings to others more than others didn't give me my win. I am pretty sure you will more even more ridiculous ragequiters.
It's okay.

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
I've only played Doubles and Rotation on random, and the d/cers are in high abundance in the rotational arena. My guess is because the matches tend to take longer, at least when I am their opponent (bulky pkmn = rage quitters).

I had a pretty funny D/C the other day. It was someone's rain team vs. my Random-Crap-Outta-The-Box team. Galvantula wrecked his Poiltoed,SwSw Kingdra wrecked Galvantula. I knew I had no chance of winning, unless hydro pump missed 5 times in a row. So next turn, I sent in Throh. It took that Hydro Pump like a champ, then proceeded to use attract (lol.)

The guy D/C'd the next turn.

I had a pretty funny D/C the other day. It was someone's rain team vs. my Random-Crap-Outta-The-Box team. Galvantula wrecked his Poiltoed,SwSw Kingdra wrecked Galvantula. I knew I had no chance of winning, unless hydro pump missed 5 times in a row. So next turn, I sent in Throh. It took that Hydro Pump like a champ, then proceeded to use attract (lol.)

The guy D/C'd the next turn.
lol 133k. Throh are surprisingly tanky.

The DC situation is still pretty bad as of now. Just had 2 matches in Triples Ratings and all DCed.

Ticket still work in progress. Guess it is time to voice out again.

It's odd that you should say that; I can't recall any other D/C's I've experienced over the past few days (granted I haven't been playing as much). I think from now on I'll keep a tally of total battles and D/Cers; then at the end of the week (or after 40+ matches) I'll calculate the total percent of D/Cers I faced over the past week.

BTW, is it just me or are the worst players (lowest win count/n00b teams) on at around 4-5:00 (about 4-5 hours ago)?

It's odd that you should say that; I can't recall any other D/C's I've experienced over the past few days (granted I haven't been playing as much). I think from now on I'll keep a tally of total battles and D/Cers; then at the end of the week (or after 40+ matches) I'll calculate the total percent of D/Cers I faced over the past week.

BTW, is it just me or are the worst players (lowest win count/n00b teams) on at around 4-5:00 (about 4-5 hours ago)?
Erm... ratings or free mode? The DC in free is not that bad imo.

It seems to vary a lot. I played last night and no one disconnected on me at all. Quite a few forfeited when they were about to lose, but that's fine.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
As for skill level, if you meant 4-5pm EST, then yes, I'd have to agree with you that the nubs are out in full force at that time. More skilled Japanese players are on during the evenings, in my experience, and they do tend to forfeit when they're down, which I respect them for greatly. However... since it's currently 4:30... I just ran into the most lulzy random matches I've seen to date. Here's just a few of the best:

Single match against a 5 win player whose introduction is "LANTURN bothers me." I lead with Gyarados, he leads with Staraptor. He U-Turns out to Lanturn as I DD, and then I use Earthquake on Lanturn. "It's Super Effective! Lanturn Fai--" D/C.

Match against 1-win American player. Used some really stupid movesets, but I finally had him down to his last Poke - Emboar, which faces my TTar. I stay in just because I can't possibly lose at this point, and he chooses... Blast Burn. It misses. Next turn... Blast Burn. TTar loses 30 of his 207 HP. Yep, Blast Burn Emboar... he ragequit immediately after Emboar was KO'd.

And the best for last... a 5-win Japanese player named Yuki. I lead with Mamoswine vs his Weavile. I figure Brick Break is obvious, so I switch out to Gyarados... only to eat a Critical hit Ice Beam (yep, Ice Beaming Weavile...) I DD, he uses Night Slash which deals laughable damage, and then I KO. He then sends out Zapdos. I now think to myself, "Huh, maybe this guy isn't so terrible after all", and switch out to Mamoswine for the TBolt. Once again, too much credit... he uses FLY. At this point I've lost all hope for humanity, so I go BACK to Gyarados and DD in Zapdos' face, while he uses fly again. I KO his remaining pokes... blah blah... how did this person manage 5 wins. Seriously. How. =_=;

As for skill level, if you meant 4-5pm EST, then yes, I'd have to agree with you that the nubs are out in full force at that time. More skilled Japanese players are on during the evenings, in my experience, and they do tend to forfeit when they're down, which I respect them for greatly. However... since it's currently 4:30... I just ran into the most lulzy random matches I've seen to date. Here's just a few of the best:

Single match against a 5 win player whose introduction is "LANTURN bothers me." I lead with Gyarados, he leads with Staraptor. He U-Turns out to Lanturn as I DD, and then I use Earthquake on Lanturn. "It's Super Effective! Lanturn Fai--" D/C.

Match against 1-win American player. Used some really stupid movesets, but I finally had him down to his last Poke - Emboar, which faces my TTar. I stay in just because I can't possibly lose at this point, and he chooses... Blast Burn. It misses. Next turn... Blast Burn. TTar loses 30 of his 207 HP. Yep, Blast Burn Emboar... he ragequit immediately after Emboar was KO'd.

And the best for last... a 5-win Japanese player named Yuki. I lead with Mamoswine vs his Weavile. I figure Brick Break is obvious, so I switch out to Gyarados... only to eat a Critical hit Ice Beam (yep, Ice Beaming Weavile...) I DD, he uses Night Slash which deals laughable damage, and then I KO. He then sends out Zapdos. I now think to myself, "Huh, maybe this guy isn't so terrible after all", and switch out to Mamoswine for the TBolt. Once again, too much credit... he uses FLY. At this point I've lost all hope for humanity, so I go BACK to Gyarados and DD in Zapdos' face, while he uses fly again. I KO his remaining pokes... blah blah... how did this person manage 5 wins. Seriously. How. =_=;
No matter how bad you are, there's always someone worse than you? =P

Reminds me of the someone who used a Fly archeops last night... I start off With meinshao and jellicent. Meinshao uses fake out on his galvalntula, Galvantula flinches....I anticipate an acrobatics on mienshao, but its ok because well, I focus sash it. Instead he uses....Fly?

Jellicent uses Trick Room. Immediate rage quit. An amazing laugh was had.

Rotation battle an hour ago: I see Whimsicott in the team preview, and pick out taunt bait as my front three: Cloyster, Sigilyph and Vaporeon with Espeon in the back. He opens with Whimsicott, Rotom-W and Togekiss.

First turn opens, I switch out Cloyster for Espeon. As expected, Whimsicott taunts, taunt is magic bounced back to Whimsicott. Instant ragequit.

I remember one time I was holed up in my room with a battle with somebody from Japan for 30 minutes of stall. I managed to win, but it d/c'ed while it was sending the records. Then again, my wi-fi hates me, but most of my matches end in d/c's

I just had a 40 minute match with a JP player who wasn't present; the AI kept making the decisions instead. It did double-Protect three times in a row; I've never felt like D/Cing so hard. "Oh look, I can't hit either of his Pokemon again. Guess I'll just sit around for another three minutes doing nothing."

I used to disconnect when I lost badly due to hax, but I don't do it anymore (or do I?). However, yesterday I disconnected on purpose when I was losing because that same player disconnected on me when I was about to win in our previous match :P

I just had a 40 minute match with a JP player who wasn't present; the AI kept making the decisions instead. It did double-Protect three times in a row; I've never felt like D/Cing so hard. "Oh look, I can't hit either of his Pokemon again. Guess I'll just sit around for another three minutes doing nothing."
You'd think it would disqualify anyone who doesn't enter commands in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)