Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only rage quitted once, because my opponent sheer colded me four times in a row in rotation. Also, in rotation it is a living hell trying to get wins in free mode
3rd may:98 wins
Now:101 wins
During this time, i only lost once due to a guy with 528 wins, that game was awesome.
On random wifi at least two matches a day

Just played a match that took almost 30 minutes. I had a conkeldurr at +6 def and attack from bulk up, he has a poison heal gliscor at +6 evasion from using double team over and over behind a substitute. The only attack he has is Xscissor.

Miraculously, he actually ran out of X-scissors and didnt crit me, and i just couldnt hit him with any attack. Finally he ran out of substitutes and i got in an attack. Stupid, just makes me like evasion clause 1,000 times more.

X-Scissor... How weird! Maybe it's lack of experience or just good fortune, but in 40-50 matches I haven't seen a singe evasion user.

Yesterday, I played about 8 matches; I only won 1, and I lost 2. The other 5 were all D/C's, and in Free Mode none the less...

There is a lot of disconnecting in GBU and it mostly occurs in Free battles. Everytime I battle someone in GBU they always disconnect. Some of them disconnect when they see my team.

Just played a match that took almost 30 minutes. I had a conkeldurr at +6 def and attack from bulk up, he has a poison heal gliscor at +6 evasion from using double team over and over behind a substitute. The only attack he has is Xscissor.

Miraculously, he actually ran out of X-scissors and didnt crit me, and i just couldnt hit him with any attack. Finally he ran out of substitutes and i got in an attack. Stupid, just makes me like evasion clause 1,000 times more.
X-Scissor Gliscor? I was expecting a Fling/Acro/DT/Sub moveset, but eh.

*sigh*... Why must everyone in Rating D/C when I want to save the video? I just had 3 battles, two of which ended in the opponent D/Cing: One of a few amazing predictions allowing Lilligant to sweep (I kid you not, it was 100% haxless; no crits, paras, nothing), the other was when I surprised my opponent by netting a KO with my Gyarados by using Natural Gift w/ a Cheri Berry (60 BP physical fire move). Ironically, the last battle had instances of game-changing hax in my favor but they didn't D/C.

Ouch, sorry 133k.

Anyway something strange just happened to me. I was enjoying a Gyarados sweep and the opponent was down to their Samurott. I Earthquaked, it survived and Ice Beamed me, which was a 4HKO. Then as I briefly looked away at the stupidest time, the battle ended abruptly and I got the win. Have they changed D/C mechanics or does "running" from the battle act this way? *naive*

Ouch, sorry 133k.

Anyway something strange just happened to me. I was enjoying a Gyarados sweep and the opponent was down to their Samurott. I Earthquaked, it survived and Ice Beamed me, which was a 4HKO. Then as I briefly looked away at the stupidest time, the battle ended abruptly and I got the win. Have they changed D/C mechanics or does "running" from the battle act this way? *naive*
If they run, it says "The match has been forfeit." Then it goes to the winning/losing screen. Lol I wish D/Cing worked like that...

the other was when I surprised my opponent by netting a KO with my Gyarados by using Natural Gift w/ a Cheri Berry (60 BP physical fire move).
Why would you ever use Cheri Berry for Gyarados? Bluk Berry gives 70 power and Watmel Berry gives 80 power for Fire-type Natural Gift. Are you using Cheri only to protect from Paralysis?

To be honest, the only use for a 60-base power Natural Gift is on Ambipom/Scizor/etc., and with Scizor, it works well since Occa Berry gives you a 90 BP Fire attack after Technician, and even if you don't use Natural Gift, you're still protected against some Fire attacks.

Why would you ever use Cheri Berry for Gyarados? Bluk Berry gives 70 power and Watmel Berry gives 80 power for Fire-type Natural Gift. Are you using Cheri only to protect from Paralysis?

To be honest, the only use for a 60-base power Natural Gift is on Ambipom/Scizor/etc., and with Scizor, it works well since Occa Berry gives you a 90 BP Fire attack after Technician, and even if you don't use Natural Gift, you're still protected against some Fire attacks.
were do u find bluk berrys?

Aside from the fact that neither of those are released yet... And it was specifically meant to counter Ferro and Scizor; those are really it's only uses (Until Watmel and Bluk are released), but I find it to be very worth it.

I don't think either have been released yet.

I guess I was pretty lucky to get in two Double battles without a DC, especially since I beat the second opponent 4-0 (he had a standard Rotom and a Garchomp who used Dig on my Levitator).

It's annoying but I don't see what Nintendo's going to be able to do about it.

Japanese players really do seem to disconnect much less than others, though, at least in my experience. Playing them allowed me to net 16 wins that actually counted in just one afternoon. Hope that helps.

I felt pretty beast at Pokemon that afternoon.

the last i was in a battle they disconnect because i was up by 2 pokemons why cant Nintendo ban people who ragequit the match i had about 35 matches and most of them ragequit and now my record is lookin something like 3 wins 8 loses it make people look like weak players

I was fighting against an Eeveelution team (I believe it was Flareon, Vaporeon, Espeon) and I beat them pretty hard with my Mienshao/Medicham until there was a point that I realized how he could win. He had Vappy KO'd, Flareon at mid HP, and Espeon at about 30% after I HJK'd it with 'Cham and they killed him with Shadow Ball (I think that was the attack, I know it KO'd 'Cham though). So, I sent out Mienshao, and since Espeon was faster, I was obviously going to Fake Out. I realized that if he/she had switched to Flareon as fodder then back to Espeon for the kill on Mienshao, they could've won. So, I Fake-Outted the Espeon, killed it, then forfeited next turn cuz I know it was likely a mistake to leave Espeon in.

That and I think Eeveelution teams are cool.

Anyways, a bit more on-topic, everyone's D/C'ing against me at about the same rate :L I can almost never get multiple wins (of which I earned) in a single session anymore.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's annoying but I don't see what Nintendo's going to be able to do about it.

Japanese players really do seem to disconnect much less than others, though, at least in my experience. Playing them allowed me to net 16 wins that actually counted in just one afternoon. Hope that helps.

I felt pretty beast at Pokemon that afternoon.
In unrated matches 95% of Japanese players disconnect when they see something that either walls them or surprises them. I hate it when I get paired up with a Japanese player. It doesn't help that most of the people available are Japanese.

I don't know why it is such a sacrilege for a gaijin to win against the superior race. I came to get it out of my chest, because it's becoming frustrating.

I have to agree that the JP players are just about as bad as any other region as far as D/Cs. I don't think it's racial as much as the "We got here first" attitude. When Final Fantasy XI came to the consoles after being on the PC, all the older players hated on the new wave of players for a while, too.

Today I've had 14 D/Cs. I'm hoping to go for a personal record tonight.

In my experience, it is the U.S. players that quit the most.

But oh well, it is a part of playing on the internet. It penalised disconnecting on Mario Kart DS, so in theory they could do something here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)