Data Data Audit Thread MkII [fairies Fairies FAIRIES! See Post 272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly, Comet Punch is a multi-hit move that hits 2-5 times like Fury Swipes, and Fury Swipes doesn't specifically say 2-5 times but several times.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Another minor nitpick:

As of now, Aqua Ring heals 2 HP per action for six actions, and Ingrain heals 3 HP per action for two rounds. In most battles where there are three actions per round (read: battles where Aqua Ring and Ingrain are viable), Aqua Ring heals 12 HP total for 9 energy, whereas Ingrain heals 18 HP total for... 9 energy. They both restore the same amount of HP in-game, so what exactly is going on?

EDIT: Also:
Data Audit Thread said:
The only exception to this rule is that legendary Pokemon have a capture rate of 6.
The Legend Run said:
In order to standardize challenges, all Legendaries will have a fixed Capture Rate of 7.
???

In Dive's description, it says Surf and Whirlpool have their base power doubled when used against a pokemon in the middle of Dive. However, in Surf's description it says the base power is increased from 10 to 15 (and Whirlpool's description says nothing).

Floraedit: Seeing how 10 to 15 is x1.5, I made Whirlpool have 6 BAP (Surf should be 15). All fixed, thanks! Not sure about the below though - that's something I should leave to Deck.

EDIT: Also, I find it interesting that, with the current mechanics, Hydreigon can bodyblock Machamp but Machamp cannot take cover behind Hydreigon, because Bodyblock only requires that the bodyblocker's size class >= the bodyblockee's size class, but Take Cover requires that the bodyblocker's size class >= the bodyblockee's size class + 2. Is there a reason for these seemingly contradictory mechanics?

Posting these for further improvement of the ASB data resources.

Substitute: The Pokemon siphons 15, 20, or 25 HP of its life force and creates a Substitute. The Substitute can absorb damage and status attacks for the user. When Substitute is constructed, status effects and secondary effects cannot be inflicted. Taunt and Torment ignore this, however. When Substitute is constructed, status effects and secondary effects cannot be inflicted. Substitute will block all stat-lowering attacks and other new effects except for Attract, Curse, Destiny Bond, Encore, Grudge, Perish Song, Psych Up, Roar, Taunt and Whirlwind. While a Substitute is up, an opposing Pokemon will not take recoil damage from an attack with recoil, or take damage from Life Orb recoil.
Repeated line.

Teeter Dance: The Pokemon starts dancing a popular, captivating underground dance that includes spinning. The Pokemon spins so quickly it leaves an afterimage. This attack hits all adjacent Pokemon.
This description doesn't say anywhere what the effect of Teeter Dance is. I would assume confusion but it's definitely not stated in the description.

Floraedit: All fixed. Thanks!

Nitpick

Mummy:

Type: Innate

This Pokemon's skin has a lasting curse on it. When strucky by an opponents contact move, the curse transfers, changing the opponent's ability(ies) to Mummy for the next six (6) actions.

Pokemon with with ability: Yamask, Cofagrigus, Revenankh.
Y needs to be taken out.

Floraedit: All fixed. Thanks!

Future Sight has its Information posted twice.

Also;
Fire Pledge: 3 En
Grass Pledge: 3 En
Water Pledge: 4 En.
???

Floraedit: All fixed, thanks!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In Dive's description, it says Surf and Whirlpool have their base power doubled when used against a pokemon in the middle of Dive. However, in Surf's description it says the base power is increased from 10 to 15 (and Whirlpool's description says nothing).

Floraedit: Seeing how 10 to 15 is x1.5, I made Whirlpool have 6 BAP (Surf should be 15). All fixed, thanks! Not sure about the below though - that's something I should leave to Deck.

EDIT: Also, I find it interesting that, with the current mechanics, Hydreigon can bodyblock Machamp but Machamp cannot take cover behind Hydreigon, because Bodyblock only requires that the bodyblocker's size class >= the bodyblockee's size class, but Take Cover requires that the bodyblocker's size class >= the bodyblockee's size class + 2. Is there a reason for these seemingly contradictory mechanics?
It's not contradictory, it's designed that way. Moreover it makes perfect sense: Bodyblocking requires an intent of the Pokemon to block for an ally. Take Cover however is an attempt to evade a foe focused on attacking that Pokemon. Since the Pokemon blocking the attack is passively doing so, it needs to be much larger for it to actually be effective at jamming a foes attack.

Maybe it's already there and I'm being stupid, but if the combination attack info could be put in the DAT somewhere (or even just link to it) it'd be really convenient.

EDIT: Yeah, me being stupid and/or blind lol. Thanks for the heads-up!

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So yeah I asked a couple of people. Checked veekun, serebii, bulbapedia. Checked the XD moves, event moves. Even after all that, nowhere does it mention that Kecleon learns Camouflage, despite it's ability having a bonus for the move. Either Kecleon has to Snatch or Mimic that move or that was a mistake. If it's the first then ignore this post.

Why do STABs give the ability to use multi-turn self confusion moves (thrash, outrage, etc) "without losing focus"? Nothing in those moves description says anything about losing focus, so any type is already able to use them without losing focus.

Also, if this is there for a reason then I'd note that dragon types are able to use Thrash and normal types are able to use Outrage without losing focus. That seems backwards.

I can address your second paragraph devoninja. If STAB gives the ability to use multi-turn self-confusion moves without losing focus, then Dragon STAB automatically gives Outrage and Normal STAB automatically gives Thrash. The addition of Thrash to Dragon STAB and Outrage to Normal STAB means they can both use Thrash and Outrage without losing focus.

As for your first paragraph, this comes under STAB:

Uncontrollable Attacks: Pokemon will not be subject to the disruption of Petal Dance, Outrage, and Thrash when hit by moves with greater than 12 Base Attack Power.
So if, for example, Charizard uses Outrage and then gets hit by Head Smash which has 15 BAP, Charizard's Outrage gets disrupted. However, if Salamence uses Outrage and then gets hit by Head Smash, Salamence's Outrage doesn't get disrupted.

Yeah, there's more to STAB than +3 BAP and -1 energy.

So, I did a quick search, and there are 8 Normal types that get Outrage. Kangaskhan, Granbull, Tauros, Snorlax Line, Swablu Line (Note: Evolves into a Dragon), Exploud and Arceus. Could we perhaps get a better STAB bonus?

And Thunder Fang cost 6 En, whereas the other Fangs cost 5 En.

Flora: Fixed Thunder Fang to 5 EN.

Shouldn't Krillowatt's Base Rank Total be 22, not 21? (6+3+3+3+3+4)

Also, Elgyem's Special Attack and Special Defense stats are swapped-they should be rank 3 special attack and rank 2 special defense, not the other way around.

Flora: Yep, fixed!

Teleport: The Pokemon glows white and then disappears, reappearing in another location several seconds later. The longer the Teleport Range, the greater the energy used. In a switch battle, the Pokemon can also Teleport back to its Pokeball, evading damage for the rest of the round.

Attack Power: -- | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 4 + 1 for each meter of distance | Attack Type: Other | Effect Chance: -- | Typing: Psychic | Priority: 0 | CT: Passive
I don't ref in meters. Also, can this be used like an evasive Agility?

Roar is marked as having --% accuracy in the Attack List but it should have 100% as it can miss with accuracy drops/evasion boosts.

Flora: agreed, fixed!

I've noticed that all +1 priority attacks like Quick Attack and Shadow Sneak cost 3 energy, while Feint, which has +2 priority and breaks through Protect and Detect, costs only 2 energy. Plus, if I recall correctly, Feint can actually hit pokemon that aren't using Protect or Detect unlike in-game. Shouldn't Feint therefore cost more energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)