dans art

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Haha, glad you liked it, GlassAbsol ^_^

And sure, Alch, I'll draw you one. I'm just mad how you arent satisfied with this one.

Made these two about two days ago, enjoy.

I love the use of texture, it works so well with this style that is just a bit sketchy and unclean (but in a totally awesome and good way). Also the poses you are doing are so enjoyable and lively, and all your pictures have such great personality :)
So yeah this stuff is great

That Porygon is soo amazing! I love it. The texture you used makes it even better. Great job, your art is amazing :]

The Bulbasaur and Porygon, oh my goodness gracious seriously man too many adjectives in my sentences but not enough to describe how much I love those two things. Goodness.

Wow I love your art :) You really give personality to the pokes. This scrafty for some reason is just so attractive :P AND Iv'e never seen a Lugia look so scary. The wing-hands are just make the whole errie effect complete.

Oh my that Charizard's face is purely amazing @.@ I love your use of texture, it really gives the pictures a solid feel. But what is with the shading between the ogre-boobs?!?
Love the stuff Dan :)

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I got nominated twice for two awards on the Smog Awards. Feelin' kinda good, you know. If I got nominated, that means people are really enjoying my art. I don't care if I win or not, I'm just really glad that people have an appreciation for my talent, and I will keep on doing grunge type of art for all of you who say it's my best style :)

Thank you very much, everyone! Here's the two pieces of art I did for one of the articles, "Rapid Spinning Among Tiers", by Tomahawk9.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Sorry for being very slow, but, sort of testing out painting and shit.

Here's a sketch I'm doing for "The Wall", which is one of the many settings in a Song of Ice and Fire.

The blue part is the actual wall, I'm planning on drawing Jon Snow and his direwolf standing on the edge while looming over the forest. If anyone can give me tips on how to paint or how to paint trees and stuff like that, that'd be great!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
For a start, remember that the forest is cut down about half a mile away from the wall (a no-man's-land). That opens for a few neat tri-split possibilities, with the wall where you drew it, a middle third of mostly whiteness (perhaps a few snow-covered stumps or logs or dirt tracks or what have you), and one third of dark, looming forest. Jon in his black cloak would be in the foreground of the no-man's-land, while the wolf should only cover the wall, or it would blend into the no-man's-land too much.

I'm no drawing expert by any means, but I think contrasts would come greatly into play here. The cloaks of the Night's Watch are repeatedly said to be black, the wolf is white, the wall grey and the forest dark. Don't be afraid to go overboard with contrasts, those can be dimmed later if need be. Can't wait to see the finished result!

I'm loving the blend of technical skill and sheer personality in all of the Game of Thrones portraits, particularly Benjen Stark. I can usually only manage one or the other--I usually end up with a face that's really expressive, but the eyes are horribly out of line or something. Very stylish renderings!

Style and Technique

Nice Danmire, you have a very unique style and technique. It looks like your getting progressively better aswell. I really like the "Rapid Spinners" and "Porygon" very nice.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm redoing the Meganium!

But for now, here's the Hitchiker's Guide to Berries for fourth gen art.
It's Chatot! Over I believe 5 hours? It's my first painting on SAI anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)