Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power

Special Kyurem is probably the best Kyurem, but the main sets seem to be the Wallbreaker Variants. I needed a decent scarfer and something to clean up when holes were punched, and something Anti-Meta dropped right into my lap when I watched that movie. This thing is insane, and I'd call it underrated because people always opt for the other dragons, forgetting that we have the beastly mon that started it all.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-256792552
Here, have a low-ladder replay of it cleaning up a team.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't play too much UU but I made some HO shit with Mega Absol and realized that SD is all but useless. It breaks umbreon and helps with suicune and that's about it. So I threw on something else and it works gud so yeah, probably worth more than its tiny mention in oo that doesnt make it sound that good.

359-mega.gif

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast
Fire Blast hits Coballion and Mega Aggron (superpower does that but with drops and it does nothing to aggron rly), but mostly forry. It's just a nice lure that I abused with attackers that need forry gone, and means that Absol can actually reflect back its hazards. I forgot to save replays so here's one where it technically puts in work, even though the game wasn't too good. Honestly, how hard is it to imagine people switching forry in on a mega absol. It's pretty much been a blind switch in most of my games, some of which weren't shitty players on the low ladder spectrum!

Edit: oh yeah hits chesnaught hard without spiky shield shit, idk if harder, didn't calc

Last edited:

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Waterfall
-Superpower
-Aqua Jet
-Swords Dance

I don't save replays because i'm such a (BAN ME PLEASE) about it, but Superpower Gatr is such a savage lol. Not only does it hit mono-Water-types like Suicune a lot harder, it also ohkos threats like Empoleon, Umbreon, Cobalion, and Porygon2 after 1 boost, without Hazards. While losing neutral coverage on 'mons like Salamence, Amoonguss, and Jellicent may be a bit annoying at times, I certainly believe that running Superpower has a ton of merit, especially because of how common they are on teams and even sometimes how often they get switched into Gatr.

Cleaner Kyurem

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power

Special Kyurem is probably the best Kyurem, but the main sets seem to be the Wallbreaker Variants. I needed a decent scarfer and something to clean up when holes were punched, and something Anti-Meta dropped right into my lap when I watched that movie. This thing is insane, and I'd call it underrated because people always opt for the other dragons, forgetting that we have the beastly mon that started it all.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-256792552
Here, have a low-ladder replay of it cleaning up a team.
Let me follow up on this because I've been trying to make a cleaner Kyurem for easily 2 months. It's hard, probably just due to my inadequacies as a battler

[EDIT] I have a whole spiel about the differences of Hydreigon and Kyurem, and why I think Kyurem is better and the merits of each move blah blah no one cares. [/EDIT]

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon/Iron Head
- Outrage
- Earth Power

Now why am I getting rid of Dragon Pulse? Well as a cleaner mon, Kyurem only cares about its strongest move, and with STAB, it's Ice Beam. What does ICE beam not hit neutrally? Water, Fire, Steel and Ice. Fire and Steel are hit Super Effectively by Earth Power, and Ice Types are hit Super Effectively by Flash Cannon (or Iro Head, know your needs). Which means that Dragon Pulse is by default, outplayed by everything else. So I added Outrage, to threaten the physical walls in the tier, and as a replacement for Draco Meteor. With Outrage, you get 2 or 3 turns of strong damage instead of 1. While this still seems irrelevant, take into account that during calcs (replacing Iron Head/Flash Cannon with Dragon Pulse for testing) Dragon Pulse was the superior move for only 5 pokemon. Outrage was superior for 79 pokemon (though technically, Raikou was counted in those, to take it with a grain of salt) including mons like CurseLax and Sharpedo, which are incredibly threatening to the tier.
I also decided to slash Flash Cannon first for similar reasons, but mostly because it had more 2HKOs, neither had OHKOs. I'd suggest replacing it with Focus Miss but....

By the Way...244 Speed is all that's needed, as it keeps you at 472.5 Speed, which outspeeds max Speed Scrafty with 2 Dragon Dances. You lose the speed tie with Scarf Darmanitan, which is why I didn't add it, because it's whoever wins that speedtie then. You really shouldn't stay in are D-tan, but if push comes to shove, that may be the only thing. If so, you can add the remaining 12 to Attack, and that'll make Outrage even stronger.

I have a whole spiel about the differences of Hydreigon and Kyurem, and why I think Kyurem is better and the merits of each move blah blah no one cares.
I care- what does Kyurem do that Hydra doesn't do better? Does ice beam hit anything that draco/flamethrower/fire blast doesn't? And as a scarfer doesn't kyu lack the utility of u-turn? And doesn't kyu lack Hydra's superior immunities and resistances?

(Not criticising, just genuinely curious, because I like the idea of running a mixed kyu scarfer but am struggling to justify it in my head over hydra or hell even Salamence for a more physically based mon)

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I care- what does Kyurem do that Hydra doesn't do better? Does ice beam hit anything that draco/flamethrower/fire blast doesn't? And as a scarfer doesn't kyu lack the utility of u-turn? And doesn't kyu lack Hydra's superior immunities and resistances?

(Not criticising, just genuinely curious, because I like the idea of running a mixed kyu scarfer but am struggling to justify it in my head over hydra or hell even Salamence for a more physically based mon)
The difference is a fundamentally changed mindset when clicking moves. STAB Ice Beam has an inherently different set of checks than STAB Dark Pulse. Both of these pokemon are likely to be clicking their STAB moves when trying to clean up late game so the changed typing can have a really large impact against teams utilizing pokemon like Whimsicott who is traditionally seen as a solid check to hydreigon but dies to Ice Beam, the move you are likely to be clicking late game regardless.

Sub Disable Banette!

Orphan (Banette) @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw/ Gunk Shot
- Substitute
- Disable
- Pain Split/ Wil-O-Wisp

Now I know what you are thinking! 'Hey DaNewbie! Mega Banette isn't viable duh!' To that I say pish posh! Mega Banette is viable and greatly misunderstood. Prankster is the niche that makes this set work to its finest. Banette does have a bad stab in the form of Shadow Claw, but you can pull it off or you can use gunkshot which is more powerful than Shadow Claw but you can miss. Gunkshot also has 30% chance of poison that helps to widdle threats that cant touch you due to disable but can recover. 8pp might not be worth it. Next we have sub which speaks for itself. Priority sub is awesome and it helps with getting off the mega (which can be difficult). Disable is for choiced mons, mono attacking mons, and reuniclus. Once you disable a move you can sub up and hit something hard. Sounds dumb but it does work! Last slot you can recover and deal damage with priority pain split. You can also go wilo if you find that wish passing is easier. I got my inspiration from Euphonos from his sub disable kingdra, and from XYOU gengar.

Mega Destruction vs King UU
Little Orphans vs Ahuehuehue
Disabling Souls vs Drakprince123

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
Heal Block Bronzong!

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heal Block
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball/Iron Head
- Stealth Rock/Earthquake/Light Screen/Reflect

this set is designed to stop bulky psychics by cockblocking them.
it beats things like Cresselia, CM Florges, Curselax, Crocune if no burns, etc.

the plan is that u bring it in on a Cress trying to set up, hit them up with a toxic and then proceed to Heal Block. they can't Moonlight up, can't Rest, don't get leftovers recovery.

this, combined with Toxic dmg ticking your targets' HP down, and continous Iron Head/Gyro Ball/EQ damage, they will be gone in an instant. you can go with Iron Head > Gyro Ball to hit certain things harder and more often, as Gyro Ball only has 8 PP. Stealth Rock can be chosen over Earthquake if you can't fit it in anywhere else, but I prefer Light Screen or Reflect as my 4th move. this makes it almost impossible for Cress to widdle you down with Moonblast, as Lefties will be healing you up a lot more.

HOW TO USE IT: one of Bronzong's biggest flaws is its lack of reliable recovery outside of leftovers. because of this and the continous dmg you are going to be taking with Moonblast/Psyshock, you don't really want to let Bronzong take any unneccesary dmg, just to get up SR. try to keep it as healthy as possible and combine it with a WishPasser, and you'll have a lot of success with the set.

NOTE: This is a really niche moveset on Bronzong, and I think the normal set is better most of the time. I used this set a lot when Cresselia just dropped to UU and gained a lot of popularity, and it's still very useful.

REPLAYS: i had a couple of cool replays where Bronzong literally walled entire stall teams on the ladder, but my computer crashed a couple of weeks back so I lost all the files + teams :/ will try to get a couple of good replays

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Sharpen
- Return
- Recover

Stallbreaker Porygon 2.

The main goal of this set is to lure pokemon who think they can have their way with Porygon2's general passiveness such as Alomomola or Forretress, who often try to fish for scald burns or set-up hazards on it. These kinds of tactics would not work on Snorlax for example, but Porygon2 is much more passive and is very status-liable normally- this set alleviates those two problems.

Porygon2's speed EVs here are adjusted to make it faster than Florges (who it can easily set up a Substitute on) and the rest of the EVs are placed in special defense so you cans still act as a reliable counter to most special attackers. The idea is to try to get up a substitute on a slower pokemon like Vaporeon, and start using Sharpen to boost your attack. When you are too low on health you can use Recover. Return actually hits quite hard after a few boosts because it of analytic.

Stallbreaker Duck faces all the same problems as Snorlax faces (inability to hit ghosts, phazed without much trouble, etc) but the surprise factor sometimes allows you to get more boosts.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-257855662 (vs Bhris Brown in a tour)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-257868191 (incoming 6-0 vs some ladder scrub but he quit)

Cresselia @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature/ Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonlight/ Lunar Dance
- Moonblast/ Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball/ Energy Ball

Lol I spent way too much time making that image! Anyway here is a new set that got me to 1671 elo. The surprise speed of this set is its best niche being able to outspeed threats like Heracross, Tyrantrum, Mamoswine, and Feraligtr. Running Timid lead is also a really funny anti Beedrill lead because it just dies. Some people might be put off by cresselia's low special attack, but it is enough to get 1HKOs after a little prior damage. Calcs are down below!

252+ SpA Life Orb Cresselia Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mamoswine: 294-348 (81.8 - 96.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Cresselia Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 281-330 (93.3 - 109.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Cresselia Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 229-270 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Cresselia Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tyrantrum: 315-372 (102.9 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Psychic is the great stab. I guess you can go psyshock but you are missing out on a lot of damage. Moonlight is recovery as cresselia tends to be a offensive pivot and LO wears you down. If you already have a solid core you can opt for Lunar Dance. Moonblast hits dark types with great 95 base power. Sometimes I like to kill Bulk Mence in one hit so Ice beam can be an option. Shadow ball punishes reuni and doublade switch ins. Energy ball is for all those things you can now outspeed like ferg and mamo. I find Shadowball to be more useful. If you are using Cresselia as a scald switch in, then I would go with energy ball. Plus its great for swamperts. Try it out and I hoped you enjoyed!

Hype Finals vs Tennis
Surprise Power vs 4tmos
Die Doublade vs UUisDamp
Rip Tentacruel Cores vs Iroha Isshiki

dingbat

snek
Can we put my cm LO reuniclus set in there as an underrated set? That thing is so fucking heat lol

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
160 HP / 252 Def / 96 SpA
Bold Nature
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind
-Recover

This Reuniclus set is a combination of the CM sweeper set and its all-out attacker set (TR set? Idk)-- I trade its passive recovery as well as 96 HP EVs from its original CM sweeper spread and give it the ability to hit stuff right off the bat. The life orb and 96 EVs in SpA allows this Reuniclus to almost always OHKO Hydreigon without boosts (93.8% iirc, no rocks), although I may sacrifice a few Defence EVs to spA in order to guarantee the KO. In addition, it does a lot of extra damage to Snorlax (more or less 50% unboosted) while also allowing it to beat non-roar Cune, Cresselia, and other non-SB Reuniclii (hehe) more easily.

EDIT: AND FLASH SLOWKING TOO

I will post my Mienshao set later because it literally destroys souls.

Last edited:
ok i posted a shitter version of this in the old thread perhaps (?) but I refined it. Gourgeist is an underrated mon but ppl should really try this set out if they use it:

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Skill Swap
- Synthesis
- Toxic
- Seed Bomb / Shadow Sneak

(Gourgeist without will-o-wisp and leech seed???) Gourgeist usually is stopped dead by pokemon that use either their ability or rest to get rid of status/prevent it altogether- in particular, Suicune, Reuniclus and Snorlax. This Gourgeist actually switches into those mons and beats them for your team :]

Psyshock/focus blast reuniclus, resttalk suicune and resttalk snorlax (along with other resttalkers like swampert) can all be beaten with this set by stealing their means of status immunity (rest, magic guard) and replacing it with the horrible ability insomnia. That leaves them with no way to remove toxic, and gourgeist walls all of the standard attacks from these mons like psyshock, focus blast, scald, body slam, earthquake, and he can even beat crunch snorlax if you dont get unlucky with def drops.
Synthesis is necessary here rather than leech seed, because you have to stall out some powerful unresisted boosted attacks like crunch or psyshock.

A lot of mons that want to switch into an expected leech seed or wisp really dont appreciate toxic, such as whimsicott, chandelure, defensive rotom-h, arcanine, goodra, or entei. gourgeist can even lure in the aforementioned wincon pokemon who will see it as a setup opportunity.

Heres some calcs:
4 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 67-79 (17.9 - 21.1%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

+3 4 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 163-193 (43.5 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Reuniclus Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 178-210 (47.5 - 56.1%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. Gourgeist-Super: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

0 Atk Snorlax Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 78-94 (20.8 - 25.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 0 Atk Snorlax Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 158-186 (42.2 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Snorlax Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 25-29 (6.6 - 7.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Snorlax Body Slam vs. Gourgeist-Super: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 50-59 (13.3 - 15.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

+4 4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 149-176 (39.8 - 47%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and burn damage

4 SpA Suicune Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 150-178 (40.1 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

8 Atk Gourgeist-Super Seed Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Swampert: 324-384 (95 - 112.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

8 Atk Gourgeist-Super Seed Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 174-206 (55.9 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 177-208 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- 17.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 152-180 (40.6 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

8 Atk Gourgeist-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Espeon: 132-156 (48.7 - 57.5%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO

8 Atk Gourgeist-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 98-116 (37.5 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

And some replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-260204716 (Gourgeist forces out Snorlax even after I mess up, is completely immune to Chesnaught later on)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-259944884 (Gourgeist scares out Suicune, surprise revenges Mega Aero with shadow sneak, later comes back to win after skill swapping Immunity from Gligar. this was with leech seed over synthesis which is pretty much straight worse)

just watch out for shadow ball/psychic reuni and ice beam suicune and you should be ok- although you can still skill swap + toxic those guys if theyre the last mon standing before they kill you back, as long as you switch in straight away. luckily i havent seen ice beam suicune in forever. originally i used a skillswap/wisp/leechseed/atk set, but this cant beat reuniclus well and hates scald burn- plus everyone knows they can just switch in a bunch of grass and fire types and usually force you out, wear you down with volt switching and prevent your recovery which sux. plus with synthesis u can actually wall things reliably and make the most of that great defense stat

EDIT: o yea im using skill swap over worry seed here because it goes through sub, goes through magic bounce for cm espeons and can net you a sweet ability back. goodra already likes switching into gourgeist with sap sipper and ive seen it run resttalk sets before too.
Heres some beneficial abilities you can get from possible switchins:
flash fire from arcanine- makes u basically untouchable by clifford
thick fat from mamoswine- makes u able to wall it, since knock off wont 2hko
immunity from gligar- as shown in replay, gligar cant touch you apart from knock off
natural cure from blissey
regenerator from tangrowth
magic guard from reuniclus
magic bounce from espeon/mega absol (just 2hko both of these with seed bomb tho)

Last edited:
I'm very new to the tier and forums so excuse this first post if it turns out shitty. This is also a Donphan set so please bear with me here. Remove it for being too gimmicky if you want but I'd like some feedback first. Thanks.

NASCAR Donphan
Donphan @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Donphan pretty much only runs one set outside of 'troll teams' which you really won't see once you get anywhere on the ladder. Everyone expects the cookie-cutter hazards set but then you hit them with this. The results are certainly interesting. The primary goal is to use Donphan as an anti-lead and the secondary goal is to use it as a utility mon in the midgame while surprising some walls for gimmicks if it lives that long. That being said, saving Donphan for later if you have another lead you would rather use or you really don't like the potential lead matchup is also a great option due to Donphan's stellar uninvested physical bulk but admittedly subpar special bulk. It's great at shutting down suicide leads on HO but not so great against bulky leads that are a little more common on stall (especially the Toxic ones). Certainly prepare for stall with your other team members. You can use this pretty well on balance and HO.

If you lead with it, you have a psuedo-sash in the form of Donphan's ability, Sturdy, which almost guarantees that you get to activate your Leichi berry. You can use this chance to fire off an unexpected +1 STAB Earthquake for massive damage.

The speed EVs allow Donphan to speed creep everything up to base 75s in the tier (Florges, Empoleon, Bulky Swampert, Umbreon, Porygon2, Blissey). 252 attack EVs are used to give Donphan maximum power. The rest is dumped into HP to maximize Donphan's overall bulk.

Rapid Spin is used to take out Forretresses that don't have Toxic without allowing it to get any hazards up. It also gives you a midgame hazard clearer if you choose to not lead with it. However, it's not quite as useful against Bulky Hazard Swampert which gets rocks up on you while you Knock Off its leftovers and EQ until it switches or very suddenly dies (but if it burns, you can forget about getting that kill). Earthquake is Donphan's primary STAB move. Knock Off is really good at getting rid of Leftovers on other bulky leads (Swampert and Forretress) and is a great move to use if you're feeling conservative when you go up against an obvious scout lead. Ice Shard hits almost anything EQ won't for good damage and usually lets you fire off one last good hit before you die after Leichi Berry activates. Should you choose not to lead with Donphan, Ice Shard also lets you revenge really frail stuff in the mid to late game (it's definitely not a replacement for Mamo). It also punishes aggressive Flying type switchins (but not Mandibuzz).

It's also worth noting that a lot of the success I've had with this set comes from misplays from my opponent. If most of them had known what Donphan set I was using, I would not have gotten nearly as much work done.

On to the calcs and replays...

252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Mega Swampert: 157-186 (42.8 - 50.8%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO --- 70% chance to kill Mega Swampert if it Rain Dances turn 1. This assumes it uses Waterfall.

+1 252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 196-232 (48.8 - 57.8%) -- 55.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 132-156 (32.9 - 38.9%) -- 4.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery -- 31% chance to 3hko defensive Swampert after leftovers recovery assuming they use rocks turn one, accounting for Scald's burn chance and the chance that the berry does not activate from Scald.

252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 307-363 (47.1 - 55.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 307-363 (42.9 - 50.8%) -- 52.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 232-274 (64.4 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 156-184 (43.3 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Donphan Ice Shard vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gligar: 128-152 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Donphan Ice Shard vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gligar: 192-228 (57.6 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO -- Once you actually Knock Off Gligar's Eviolite, you can go to town with Ice Shard. You will kill or force a switch unless it carries toxic. In which case, it depends if your berry activates.

252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Porygon2: 132-156 (35.2 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Porygon2: 196-232 (52.4 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO -- Get rid of Porygon2's Eviolite turn one with Knock Off and you can kill Tri Attack variants. Ice Beam variants will not activate your berry and you will either switch or die having only done 35% to 42%'s worth of chip damage after getting rid of the Eviolite.

252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 156-184 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Donphan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery -- Umbreon will activate your berry with Foul Play if you are at 100% and there are no Hazards.

As an ant-ilead...
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-259640679 - Not great.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-259636557 - Decent. Stealth Rock over Knock Off though.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-259909139 - Great. Lucky crit but it didn't matter if I had to 3hko there.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-260162562 - Technically not being used as a lead but here you go. Donphan starts on turn 2.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-260268656 - Clutch miss (sort of, I would have picked up a kill either way). How many Empoleons are going to be sent to be EQ'd?

Midgame usage
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-259810749 -- Go to turn 44.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-260275103 -- First 10 turns or so.

Some of these are UU tourney games set up in the chat. I'll edit with more when I use this set again. I also realize that some of these replays are low quality. I'll do my best to replace them when I edit.

Here's a little shortlist for what I would do for every major lead that I know of in the tier

Azelf - Knock Off to Ice Shard for a kill if they Taunt. Kill with Rapid Spin if they go for rocks.
Froslass - Knock Off to Ice Shard to kill. You can't do anything about the spikes until Froslass is gone. Rapid Spin on the next mon if desired.
Roserade - EQ to Ice Shard for a kill if they are speedy or specially defensive. You might get put to sleep though.
Aerodactyl-M/Sash - Ice Shard turn one and see what they do. You will 3HKO both or force a switch without conceding rocks if they don't run Roost. If they do run Roost, try to hit them with EQ.
Aggron-M - Pick up a kill without conceding rocks if they don't run toxic and don't switch by using EQ and Rapid Spin on specially defensive sets. You outdamage by a little without your berry. If they run toxic, concede the rocks and go for the kill/predict the switch imo unless you have a cleric.
Galvantula - EQ to Ice Shard or Rapid Spin depending on if he uses webs or Giga Drain. Webs do not go up.
Swampert - Knock Off to EQs to try to kill. You might have to concede the rocks. It really sucks when they just Scald twice though.
Swampert-M - EQs until they Waterfall you. If they Rain Dance, they die. If they Waterfall twice, they are put into revenge kill range from a priority mon. Just don't let them receive a wish afterwards.
Forretress - Knock Off turn one and EQ/Rapid Spin until it switches or dies. Toxic variants are tough, especially if they just Toxic and switch. Rain Dance Forretress also comes out on top.
Chesnaught - I got nothin.
Blastoise - You can put a dent in it. Not worth it though. Physically defensive Rapid Spin variants are a pain.
Bulky Krook - I got nothin.
Rotom-H - I got nothin.
Coballion - Just EQ or Knock Off depending on if you predict a switch.
Crobat - Knock Off to Ice Shard will mess with Taunt variants. You lose nothing if they U-turn unless they have a Justified mon. We don't do too hot against bulky roost variants unless you can predict the Roost and hit it with an EQ.
Smeargle - Break the sash with Ice Shard and go to sleep or switch.

Last edited:

Moltres @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog
- Air Slash

BULKY MOLTRES

Bu
lky moltres, while not an original innovation, is definitely a creative,underused, yet effective set. Bulky Moltres is a great asset for any team because of its ability to willospam which cripples defensive switchins like Empoleon or Tentacruel, and offensive switchins like Aerodactyl. It also checks a lot of prominent threats including Mamoswine, Lucario, Krookodile,Abomasnow,Coballion,Beedril, Heracross, Toxicroak, and more (watch out for stray stone edges). Air Slash is a very nice stab move and can still clean weakened teams even while uninvested because of its high spATK. Obviously, the main problem with moltres in a defensive role is its crippling weakeness to rocks. However, moltres can defog on almost all physical attacking rockers. For example, Krookodile, Mamoswine, Coballion and more. Another underrated aspect of Moltres is its access to Pressure. Moltres can actually pp stall Rhyperior after it gets a burn off on it, it can pp stall tentacruel scald assuming no crit, and can switchinto close combats which have limited pp.Coupled with additional hazard support( a luxury most commonly found on stall) Moltres can be an effective defensive utility mon.
Another Point I forgot to mention is that its defining aspect over bulky rotom-heat is its ability to check fighting types better and the access to reliable recovery in the form of roost
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-252842092
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-253175309

Last edited:
MemeMence

Salamence @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Att / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Natural Gift

In a world full of smart people, there exists dumb people, placed there by the divine will of God. This set is the result of tireless effort and cumulative knowledge of said dumbasses.

Anyway, this is a alternative take on the classic MixMence/Mix DDMence that is used. The best part of this set is the Petaya Berry. Petaya Berry gives Mence a base 100 Poison STAB to murder Fairies that try to switch into Mence.

I know some of you are saying "But we have Iron Tail!"

yeah but iron tail misses. dumbass.

Most of the calcs for Mence are the same as Iron Tail, but anyway:

252 Atk Petaya Berry Salamence Natural Gift (100 BP Poison) vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 230-272 (63.8 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Petaya Berry Salamence Natural Gift (100 BP Poison) vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 344-406 (95.5 - 112.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Petaya Berry Salamence Natural Gift (100 BP Poison) vs. 52 HP / 0 Def Slurpuff: 256-302 (80.5 - 94.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Petaya Berry Salamence Natural Gift (100 BP Poison) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aromatisse: 200-236 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Petaya Berry Salamence Natural Gift (100 BP Poison) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aromatisse: 296-350 (72.9 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Petaya Berry Salamence Natural Gift (100 BP Poison) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 360-428 (111.4 - 132.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Petaya Berry Salamence Natural Gift (100 BP Poison) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Granbull: 194-230 (50.5 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

The best part is that the berry isn't completely useless! If you get into its proccing range, you get a SpA boost, which essentially gives you a stronger Fire Blast to kill all opposing Steel types.

not to b rude but this mamo lures cress and actually kills it without killing itself with endeavor or leaving it at 1hp

MAMA (Mamoswine) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Thick fat / Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hail

this mamoswine lures and beats cresselia which aaaalways wants to switch in (as well as beating the regular salamence, gligar and poison types with its stabs alone) which makes it the ultimate frend to fighting type mons :0
Hail (OR sandstorm) is enough paired with leftovers knocked off and halved recovery in moonlight to allow mamoswine to outdamage Cresselias healing and get rid of it. If you feel like you dont need Mamo's thick fat, you can also go for Snow Cloak for your ability and gain that uncompetitive evasion boost :]

This is an example of the perfect scenario- predict the cress switchin, hail/sandstorm as they moonlight, then knock off til death: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-260506899

Ice shard, eq and knock off are all totally valid mamoswine moves and give u access to much of what you pick mamoswine for in the first place. Knock off helps beat other Mamo "counters" like Bronzong, and the fire types like rotom-h and moltres will both dislike losing leftovers. However you do gain a new issue with beating bulky grass types with recovery/giga drain
Expert belt is kinda essential here in order to not chip urself, while also being a decent boosting item on mamoswine since you hit a lot of things super effectively.

Replays: (both shit teambuilding and low lvl play but mamo beats 2 cresselias :I)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-260679820 (i dont predict the cress switchin but mamo still beats it)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-260642300 (i actually switch mamo into cresselia expecting t-wave, mess up, still beat it)

These were the only 2 cresselias i could find yesterday :(

DONT make a hail team! dont make a hail team. this isnt for a hail team. hail teams dont even exist. only click hail when cresselia switches in and you have already knocked off lefties. there is no real reason to click hail otherwise!
Like i said before I think this Mamoswine could be really good with a fighting type because it takes out the 4x Ice weak fighting counters, as well as cresselia and poison types. This is an option over endeavor because u get to boost the dmg of your other attacks with ebelt over focus sash, and u also dont have to die to take cresselia down which means you can use your mamoswine later for rk since its ice shard is valuable priority

Last edited:
Based on what I saw from those replays, the chip damage from Hail or Sandstorm was the only reason you successfully broke Cress, so I'd say that Rain Dance isn't viable.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Hail seems cool ngl but I feel like Toxic also lures and beats cress and you don't have to let your Mamo take hits in the process

tru tru although this also beats crocress by turning the 4hko into a 3hko with chip. i think life orb adamant with toxic beats crocress too tho so thats fair enough (and i mainly forgot toxic on offensive mons is an option)

(mods can delete that post if its too gimmicky, but i think it might have some niche benefit)

Last edited:
Here's some more dumb shit to play with:

Cobalion @ Maranga Berry/Rowap Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Natural Gift

This version of Cobalion takes lives ngl. Cobalion suffers from getting walled by various Ghost-types, such as Jellicent and other stuff. Natural Gift snags surprise KOs against these mons.

+2 252 Atk Maranga Berry Cobalion Natural Gift (100 BP Dark) vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Jellicent: 324-382 (80.1 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

ngl that's pretty good. Maranga berry boosts your spdef if you get hit with a special attack like scald, which is good for mons like cobalion. rowap berry does damage to opponent when you get hit by a special attack. Both are really helpful for cobalion who has shitty spdef

dingbat

snek
This set is hilarious on so many fking levels looool

Mienshao @ Black Belt
Ability: Reckless
Evs: 252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-High Jump Kick
-Knock Off
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

Explanation to come later but rofl

Shadestep

volition immanent
This set is hilarious on so many fking levels looool

Mienshao @ Black Belt
Ability: Reckless
Evs: 252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-High Jump Kick
-Knock Off
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

Explanation to come later but rofl
Still waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)